Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,591 members, 7,958,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:52 AM

Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! (2336 Views)

Buhari Refuses To Sign 2016 Budget, Returns Document To National Assembly / Buhari Refuses To Meet With Saraki-PUNCH / Election Results, Tompolo Calls For Calm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 18, 2011
It's really a sad thing to see many people make light of what is breaking some other people's hearts apart. As we are speaking, my nephew, a youth corper in Bauchi state is in the hospital, having sustained wounds from the attack he received from the rioters.

My heart bleeds for Nigeria.

This is a promising youth who believes so much in his country, and was willing to make personal sacrifice by participating in the electoral process as an Inec official. He graduated from Covenant University a few months ago. I cry as I write, cos he's in the military hospital right now, in pains. His mother is distraught. I pray that God intervene in the affairs of this country and give us hope. And for those perpetrators of this heinous crime, including their supporters, may they not know peace for the rest of their miserable lives!
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by agabaI23(m): 9:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
Whoopie:

It's really a sad thing to see many people make light of what is breaking some other people's hearts apart. As we are speaking, my nephew, a youth corper in Bauchi state is in the hospital, having sustained wounds from the attack he received from the rioters.

My heart bleeds for Nigeria.

This is a promising youth who believes so much in his country, and was willing to make personal sacrifice by participating in the electoral process as an Inec official. He graduated from Covenant University a few months ago. I cry as I write, cos he's in the military hospital right now, in pains. His mother is distraught. I pray that God intervene in the affairs of this country and give us hope. And for those perpetrators of this heinous crime, including their supporters, may they not know peace for the rest of their miserable lives!
Thank God he is alive. may God grant him quick recovery.
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by oderemo(m): 10:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
i am so enrage that i personally can kill that BUHARI now.
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by squirell5: 11:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
Nothing, I repeat, nothing can justify the carnage and the violence unleashed in Zaria, Gombe and other parts of the north. I strongly disagree with those who are making excuses for the bestiality; who say that the PDP is to blame for “provoking” this bout of rioting. “High wire manipulation” and “money politics” do not justify people taking lives. I am sure most of us would feel differently if these mobs were about to lynch us and burn our homes with our families in them. Would you “understand” if some crazed lunatics were about to take your head off because you are a Christian and therefore presumably voted for GEJ? Would you then say, “It’s really okay to kill me because GEJ bought the Emir of Zaria and Its all my fault”? (Is there real incontrovertible evidence for these conspiracy claims beyond rumour, innuendo and half truths being spread online?) It is easy to make a case for violence in the virtual comfort zone of Facebook when we are far from the mindless bloodshed. Whoever feels that there was High wire manipulation (whatever that means) and money politics should seek legal options to right the wrongs against them. It’s supposed to be a democracy not a MOBOCRACY. Money politics did not start today.

Buhari should immediately go on air and instruct his supporters to stop the violence. In fact he should personally visit the crisis areas. He should not bother dissociating himself and his party from it. CPC has made no secret of the fact that its main stronghold and constituency is the northern underclass. Now that this constituency has gone out of control, it cannot escape some culpability. CPC’s thugs and rioting mobs do the retired general no credit and readily disqualify him from high office. Ironically, several Christians voted for the CPC just as several Muslims voted for the PDP. Should Muslims who voted for Shekarau and Ribadu also be killed presumably for denying maigaskiya valuable votes? This madness has to stop. Buhari’s failure to speak out decisively in condemnation of the violence casts him as another desperate politician that will never rise to the level of a statesmen whatever he and his supporters may think.
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by agabaI23(m): 12:31am On Apr 19, 2011
squirell5:

Nothing, I repeat, nothing can justify the carnage and the violence unleashed in Zaria, Gombe and other parts of the north. I strongly disagree with those who are making excuses for the bestiality; who say that the PDP is to blame for “provoking” this bout of rioting. “High wire manipulation” and “money politics” do not justify people taking lives. I am sure most of us would feel differently if these mobs were about to lynch us and burn our homes with our families in them. Would you “understand” if some crazed lunatics were about to take your head off because you are a Christian and therefore presumably voted for GEJ? Would you then say, “It’s really okay to kill me because GEJ bought the Emir of Zaria and Its all my fault”? (Is there real incontrovertible evidence for these conspiracy claims beyond rumour, innuendo and half truths being spread online?) It is easy to make a case for violence in the virtual comfort zone of Facebook when we are far from the mindless bloodshed. Whoever feels that there was High wire manipulation (whatever that means) and money politics should seek legal options to right the wrongs against them. It’s supposed to be a democracy not a MOBOCRACY. Money politics did not start today.

Buhari should immediately go on air and instruct his supporters to stop the violence. In fact he should personally visit the crisis areas. He should not bother dissociating himself and his party from it. CPC has made no secret of the fact that its main stronghold and constituency is the northern underclass. Now that this constituency has gone out of control, it cannot escape some culpability. CPC’s thugs and rioting mobs do the retired general no credit and readily disqualify him from high office. Ironically, several Christians voted for the CPC just as several Muslims voted for the PDP. Should Muslims who voted for Shekarau and Ribadu also be killed presumably for denying maigaskiya valuable votes? This madness has to stop. Buhari’s failure to speak out decisively in condemnation of the violence casts him as another desperate politician that will never rise to the level of a statesmen whatever he and his supporters may think.
You are maigaskya
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by Kobojunkie: 12:35am On Apr 19, 2011
Kobojunkie:

[size=13pt]Still no verifiable source provided for the so called claim quoted [/size]!!! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by Odunnu: 1:16am On Apr 19, 2011
Sad truth is that a handful of people who got caught up in the violence up north voted Buhari!
Re: Buhari Refuses To Ask For Calm! by Rossikk(m): 1:21am On Apr 19, 2011
squirrel 5 said

Well said.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Vote Goodluck Jonathan As President Come 2015? / Professor Nebo Nominated For New Power Minister / Massive Shake-up In Army •gocs, Brigade Commanders, Others Moved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.