Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,010 members, 7,814,446 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. (724 Views)

Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? / Explaining The Animosity Between Atheists And Theists / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by FatherOfJesus: 6:32am On Apr 06, 2021
According to Wikipedia, there are 4,200 religions in the world. Theists believe that only one is correct while 4,199 are wrong, Atheists believe that all 4,200 religions are wrong.

No much difference

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by lilvicky68(m): 6:38am On Apr 06, 2021
That one difference is enough..but living a good life does not have anything to do with theism or atheism..for we to move forward we need to drop religion and focus on humanity..

3 Likes

Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by illicit(m): 6:51am On Apr 06, 2021
The difference is clear
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by blazepascal(m): 7:03am On Apr 06, 2021
undecided
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:29am On Apr 06, 2021
The OP is giving inaccurate information regarding Religion!
Apart from thousands of other religions known and unknown there are over 41,000 different religions claiming they're Christians!
But there is no humanist no matter the level of philosophical theories that can be humane better than the one and only true religion! smiley

lilvicky68:

That one difference is enough..but living a good life does not have anything to do with theism or atheism..for we to move forward we need to drop religion and focus on humanity..
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by FatherOfJesus: 7:37am On Apr 06, 2021
lilvicky68:
so yours is correct while the remaining 4,199 are not?

Why should be reckon with yours and discard the remainder?
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by FatherOfJesus: 7:38am On Apr 06, 2021
illicit:
The difference is clear
Yours is correct, 4,199 others are wrong. Funny
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by illicit(m): 1:03pm On Apr 06, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Yours is correct, 4,199 others are wrong. Funny

I am a Christian but I am never religious

I don't proselytize too

I just keep my belief to myself and don't go against others

1 Like

Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:11pm On Apr 06, 2021
Revelations 22:17 smiley

illicit:

I don't proselytize too
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by illicit(m): 1:12pm On Apr 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Revelations 22:17 smiley

Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by FatherOfJesus: 1:47pm On Apr 06, 2021
illicit:

I don't proselytize too

Dont you think your first statement is an oxymoron?
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by illicit(m): 2:09pm On Apr 06, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Dont you think your first statement is an oxymoron?

At all, I am literally speaking
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:50pm On Apr 06, 2021
The baby was born and named Jesus, his foster father and biological mother raised him as a Jew, the foster father taught the boy his own handiwork (Carpentry) so he would have remained Jesus the carpenter all his life, but suddenly he went to River Jordan where John was baptising thousands of Jews in preparation for the arrival of the promised Messiah (Christ) and immediately after his bapstim a dove landed on his head, and a voice from heaven was heard saying "This is my son the beloved whom i have approved" Matthew 3:17
Right from that moment Jesus never returned to his carpentry work but began proselytizing all obedient individuals that comes across his way! {Matthew 4:18-19} and whoever becomes his disciples he will give the same order to start proselytizing {Luke 5:10-11} and by the time he's about to say farewell to this planet he commanded his faithful followers to continue PROSELYTIZING {Matthew 28:18-20} And it was during their PROSELYTIZING that observers in a city known as Antioch referred to Jesus' followers as "Christians" Act 11:26

So what exactly makes you a Christian if you have nothing to do with PROSELYTIZING? undecided

illicit:

Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by Eviana(f): 2:54pm On Apr 06, 2021
illicit:

I don't proselytize too

Just curious, so how's that working for you?

Are you ashamed?

Is speaking about the joy of Christ in one's life--because of a relationship with Him--and inviting others to try Him and understand an amazing and inexplicable love and peace, "going against others?"
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by illicit(m): 5:13pm On Apr 06, 2021
Eviana:

Just curious, so how's that working for you?

Are you ashamed?

Is speaking about the joy of Christ in one's life--because of a relationship with Him--and inviting others to try Him and understand an amazing and inexplicable love and peace, "going against others?"

Why does shame come to your mind
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by illicit(m): 5:15pm On Apr 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The baby was born and named Jesus, his foster father and biological mother raised him as a Jew, the foster father taught the boy his own handiwork (Carpentry) so he would have remained Jesus the carpenter all his life, but suddenly he went to River Jordan where John was baptising thousands of Jews in preparation for the arrival of the promised Messiah (Christ) and immediately after his bapstim a dove landed on his head, and a voice from heaven was heard saying "This is my son the beloved whom i have approved" Matthew 3:17
Right from that moment Jesus never returned to his carpentry work but began proselytizing all obedient individuals that comes across his way! {Matthew 4:18-19} and whoever becomes his disciples he will give the same order to start proselytizing {Luke 5:10-11} and by the time he's about to say farewell to this planet he commanded his faithful followers to continue PROSELYTIZING {Matthew 28:18-20} And it was during their PROSELYTIZING that observers in a city known as Antioch referred to Jesus' followers as "Christians" Act 11:26

So what exactly makes you a Christian if you have nothing to do with PROSELYTIZING? undecided

That's between I and Jesus

I owe nobody any explanation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:08pm On Apr 06, 2021
Good!
So sort yourself out with him if he will recognize you as one of those WITNESSING in his name! Matthew 10:32-33

illicit:

That's between I and Jesus
I owe nobody any explanation
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by illicit(m): 8:14pm On Apr 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Good!
So sort yourself out with him if he will recognize you as one of those WITNESSING in his name! Matthew 10:32-33

Look honestly I don't like ur type

I just told you I don't proselytize so why are u hustling me

Don't force your opinions on me pls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:28pm On Apr 06, 2021
FORCE!
Do i hear you say FORCE!
Please it's a free world, true Christians know themselves! smiley

illicit:

Look honestly I don't like ur type
I just told you I don't proselytize so why are u hustling me
Don't force your opinions on me pls
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by illicit(m): 8:29pm On Apr 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
FORCE! Do i hear you say FORCE! Please it's a free world, true Christians know themselves! smiley

That's your opinion
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by Eviana(f): 9:37pm On Apr 06, 2021
illicit:

Why does shame come to your mind

It came because of your reply....my perception of it.
It just seemed very lackluster....like a frightened, "don't rock the boat" type of answer.
When one is not ashamed of something that has given him/her faith, peace, and hope beyond this world, it's not hidden....it's wisely expressed....which means it's not fanatical.

The MaxinDHouse guy is probably one of top "5" most obnoxious, annoying & challenging folks in this section because of how he presents himself, message and religious group. The pride and entitlement repulses me. My apologies if I have offended him, but it needs to be said.
One thing I made a promise to myself is that I would be authentic...and use wisdom to say the truth no matter what...when it needs to be said.
Anyhow I thought, "No way can a human being truly behave in this manner & misrepresent an organization to this extent." "This can't be real!"
I do not agree with Jehovah Witnesses' doctrine/beliefs, but even "I" know that the majority don't act like that.
So I concluded that he must be a troll...and I must pray that I "desire to pray" for the person behind the moniker.
Sorry, had to get that in.

Anyhow, people that believe, love and have joy about something speak about it openly, courageously etc...be it secular or not.
Passion for something causes excitement and even a burden to express to others, and it doesn't have to degrade or insult something/someone else to do it...that's all.
I just hope you get to a point where you will have an experience with the Lord that is so transformative that you will be compelled to share it with others....Jesus' saving grace...through faith. More of a "heart-experience" than a "knowledge-experience".

Thanks for originally replying earlier...
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:13am On Apr 07, 2021
When you are called to deliver a speech what comes to your mind?
Well most people edifies themselves that people may revere them as special and they will present themselves as if no living person is responsible for the wisdom with which they speak.
But JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES always point to the source of our wisdom. You no doubt have nothing to say about the efficiency of my posts the only problem you're having with it is how i always point to the Organization teaching those who have the same line of thought like me.
I just laugh at many of you when you speak about your faith you will claim God taught you directly so nobody should question your opinion, and by the end there is no agreement between you and your cohorts just as your religious leaders never agree but cause unending division up till today.
Know what you will say about me because i never presented myself as anything better than others, what i always say is "if you feel i'm good in handling the scriptures {2Timothy 2:15} don't give me the credit, give that to God's people, they came to my house, preached and taught me how to speak convincingly about my FAITH" 1Corinthians 4:7
Many people became Jehovah's Witnesses today didn't just wake up and went to their Kingdom Halls, they heard God's people's preaching, they were amazed at the skills and they give glory to the God who is responsible for an organization of zealous preachers and industrious teachers of His word! Act 26:28; 2Timothy 3:16-17
May you have PEACE!

Eviana:

It came because of your reply....my perception of it.
It just seemed very lackluster....like a frightened, "don't rock the boat" type of answer.
When one is not ashamed of something that has given him/her faith, peace, and hope beyond this world, it's not hidden....it's wisely expressed....which means it's not fanatical.
The MaxinDHouse guy is probably one of top "5" most obnoxious, annoying & challenging folks in this section because of how he presents himself, message and religious group. The pride and entitlement repulses me. My apologies if I have offended him, but it needs to be said.
One thing I made a promise to myself is that I would be authentic...and use wisdom to say the truth no matter what...when it needs to be said.
Anyhow I thought, "No way can a human being truly behave in this manner & misrepresent an organization to this extent." "This can't be real!"
I do not agree with Jehovah Witnesses' doctrine/beliefs, but even "I" know that the majority don't act like that.
So I concluded that he must be a troll...and I must pray that I "desire to pray" for the person behind the moniker.
Sorry, had to get that in.
Anyhow, people that believe, love and have joy about something speak about it openly, courageously etc...be it secular or not.
Passion for something causes excitement and even a burden to express to others, and it doesn't have to degrade or insult something/someone else to do it...that's all.
I just hope you get to a point where you will have an experience with the Lord that is so transformative that you will be compelled to share it with others....Jesus' saving grace...through faith. More of a "heart-experience" than a "knowledge-experience".
Thanks for originally replying earlier...
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by Eviana(f): 1:41pm On Apr 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
When you are called to deliver a speech what comes to your mind?
Well most people edifies themselves that people may revere them as special and they will present themselves as if no living person is responsible for the wisdom with which they speak.
But JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES always point to the source of our wisdom. You no doubt have nothing to say about the efficiency of my posts the only problem you're having with it is how i always point to the Organization teaching those who have the same line of thought like me.
I just laugh at many of you when you speak about your faith you will claim God taught you directly so nobody should question your opinion, and by the end there is no agreement between you and your cohorts just as your religious leaders never agree but cause unending division up till today.
Know what you will say about me because i never presented myself as anything better than others, what i always say is "if you feel i'm good in handling the scriptures {2Timothy 2:15} don't give me the credit, give that to God's people, they came to my house, preached and taught me how to speak convincingly about my FAITH" 1Corinthians 4:7
Many people became Jehovah's Witnesses today didn't just wake up and went to their Kingdom Halls, they heard God's people's preaching, they were amazed at the skills and they give glory to the God who is responsible for an organization of zealous preachers and industrious teachers of His word! Act 26:28; 2Timothy 3:16-17
May you have PEACE!

Max,
Although we have somewhat lost the original focus of my post to illicit,
I wrote those words about you meaning every bit of it.

The truth is, you say some truth....at times.
You were even right (to an extent) about the need for the guy to proselytize.

Although you do it day & night, it 100 percent comes across as prideful, fanatical and judgemental. It lacks the humility and compassion of Jesus.

I'm sure some people feel that way about some of my posts too....although I try not to sound arrogant or prideful.

You just seem very consistent in claiming JW's are this and that in every post you do.
People lose sight of the main focus:Jesus.

You and I disagree doctrinally (which was what the OP was trying to mock-there is no similarity between atheism & theism), however it's your delivery that needs some pruning.
The way you are presenting the gospel of Christ is not the way He did it.
I know that you will more than likely continue your method, but I'm speaking the truth to you in love.

1 Like

Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:26pm On Apr 07, 2021
Why mix the whole thing up nah?

Please take it one after another.

What i typed about PROSELYTIZING is true about Jesus or false?

Answer, then we later talk about the JW thing!

Don't mix things up like that! smiley

Eviana:

Max,Although we have somewhat lost the original focus of my post to illicit,
I wrote those words about you meaning every bit of it.The truth is, you say some truth....at times.
You were even right (to an extent) about the need for the guy to proselytize.Although you do it day & night, it 100 percent comes across as prideful, fanatical and judgemental. It lacks the humility and compassion of Jesus.I'm sure some people feel that way about some of my posts too....although I try not to sound arrogant or prideful.You just seem very consistent in claiming JW's are this and that in every post you do.People lose sight of the main focus:Jesus.
You and I disagree doctrinally (which was what the OP was trying to mock-there is no similarity between atheism & theism), however it's your delivery that needs some pruning.
The way you are presenting the gospel of Christ is not the way He did it.
I know that you will more than likely continue your method, but I'm speaking the truth to you in love.
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by illicit(m): 2:29pm On Apr 07, 2021
When u proselytize you try to force your opinion on others

It is bad

Respect every other individuals religious opinion

If God wants everyone to belong to a particular religion, He would have made us like that

There is free will

Keep your pompous ideas to yourself

Anybody that preaches to me has violated my privacy and I may kick them
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:18pm On Apr 07, 2021
illicit:

It is bad
Automatically you mean Jesus was wrong!
Because he was always condemning the beliefs of Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes and other Jewish Rabbis of his time. He supposed not to have spoken against anyone's religion according to you! undecided

If God wants everyone to belong to a particular religion, He would have made us like that
Elijah supposed to be arrested and killed for speaking against the religious beliefs of King Ahab and his wife Jezebel. Walahi Talahi God save Elijah o. If people were to cast vote on what to do to that gbangbajous prophet it's like people of your kind will support Jezebel who wanted Elijah dead for opposing other people's religion! undecided

There is free will

Anybody that preaches to me has violated my privacy and I may slap them

Of course there is freewill, that's why Jesus never forced anyone despite all the powers given to him {Luke 9:51-56} Jesus still respect other people's choices but that doesn't mean they'll escape extermination when God's kingdom comes {Luke 19:27} so count yourself as someone who didn't just turn away from Jesus' disciples but you've slapped them for coming to speak to you about their own religion! Matthew 10:11-15 smiley
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by illicit(m): 4:01pm On Apr 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Automatically you mean Jesus was wrong!
Because he was always condemning the beliefs of Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes and other Jewish Rabbis of his time. He supposed not to have spoken against anyone's religion according to you! undecided

Elijah supposed to be arrested and killed for speaking against the religious beliefs of King Ahab and his wife Jezebel. Walahi Talahi God save Elijah o. If people were to cast vote on what to do to that gbangbajous prophet it's like people of your kind will support Jezebel who wanted Elijah dead for opposing other people's religion! undecided

Of course there is freewill, that's why Jesus never forced anyone despite all the powers given to him {Luke 9:51-56} Jesus still respect other people's choices but that doesn't mean they'll escape extermination when God's kingdom comes {Luke 19:27} so count yourself as someone who didn't just turn away from Jesus' disciples but you've slapped them for coming to speak to you about their own religion! Matthew 10:11-15 smiley

I am not Jesus and neither are u

Jesus had a mandate

I dont

I don't need an Elijah and if an Elijah pesters me I don't see why I can't kick him
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:34pm On Apr 07, 2021
Jesus was just a young Jewish carpenter so leave him out of this it is the guy that was baptized and given the task to save the world that's referred to as CHRIST so you or i can't be a CHRIST ian without taking up the same mandate given to those working with and for him! Matthew 28:18-20
That's where you're getting it all wrong! undecided

illicit:

I am not Jesus and neither are u
Jesus had a mandate
I dont

I don't need an Elijah and if an Elijah pesters me I don't see why I can't kick him
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by Eviana(f): 4:42pm On Apr 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Why mix the whole thing up nah?

Please take it one after another.

What i typed about PROSELYTIZING is true about Jesus or false?

Answer, then we later talk about the JW thing!

Don't mix things up like that! smiley

"Proselytizing" is a synonym for "evangelism". They basically are one and the same and there is nothing wrong with it.
Ultimately, a person of a specific faith would want the one being witnessed to, to eventually convert to that belief.
The problem is the "what/focus" & "how/method" of the person evangelizing.
The word has become "villianous" or associated with evil because of how it's being portrayed here on N.L.
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by Eviana(f): 5:10pm On Apr 07, 2021
illicit:

It is bad

There is free will

Anybody that preaches to me has violated my privacy and I may slap them

Not true sir.
Nobody is forcing anything on anyone.
"Force" is when someone threatens and executes that threat IF one doesn't agree with that particular belief.
Christianity doesn't do that.

I do respect others' rights to have their own beliefs. I have a problem when those beliefs threaten my life because I hold opposite beliefs.

Yep "free-will" is what God has given His creatures. That doesn't make it correct just because He has done so. There is a correct way. God's "permissive" will does not make it His "perfect" will.
Free-will means that individuals have a choice to make.
However, there is a carved out path to God...which is narrow and strait...and made plain in His Word. There are conditions....
It is humans that tend to "add" or "subtract" or "misinterpret" His Word.
Hence, the confusion.

You are gonna "slap" someone in the face who preaches to you?
Wow....see I realized something right from your first few sentences....
However, threatening physical abuse drove the "nail in the coffin" on what I suspected.
I won't address you anymore cause clearly you have an issue with addressing me. So let me respect your indirect action.

Sincerely praying for you sir....as I said previously.
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by illicit(m): 5:27pm On Apr 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Jesus was just a young Jewish carpenter so leave him out of this it is the guy that was baptized and given the task to save the world that's referred to as CHRIST so you or i can't be a CHRIST ian without taking up the same mandate given to those working with and for him! Matthew 28:18-20
That's where you're getting it all wrong! undecided

Yeah well like I said

All these are your personal opinions

Why not keep em to yourself and not bother me
Re: There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. by illicit(m): 5:31pm On Apr 07, 2021
Eviana:

Not true sir.
Nobody is forcing anything on anyone.
"Force" is when someone threatens and executes that threat IF one doesn't agree with that particular belief.
Christianity doesn't do that.

I do respect others' rights to have their own beliefs. I have a problem when those beliefs threaten my life because I hold opposite beliefs.

Yep "free-will" is what God has given His creatures. That doesn't make it correct just because He has done so. There is a correct way. God's "permissive" will does not make it His "perfect" will.
Free-will means that individuals have a choice to make.
However, there is a carved out path to God...which is narrow and strait...and made plain in His Word. There are conditions....
It is humans that tend to "add" or "subtract" or "misinterpret" His Word.
Hence, the confusion.

You are gonna "slap" someone in the face who preaches to you?
Wow....see I realized something right from your first few sentences....
However, threatening physical abuse drove the "nail in the coffin" on what I suspected.
I won't address you anymore cause clearly you have an issue with addressing me. So let me respect your indirect action.

Sincerely praying for you sir....as I said previously.

Yeah why won't I kick one

When u will never hear that ur opinions are all yours

But u will want d other person to just reason what u are reasoning afterall it's ur own reasoning

U won't just have it any other way

So I can feel free to kick u if that's d only Language u will understand

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet TB Joshua Mentee - Prophetess Yinka & Anne For Charity Events In Malawi / Olamide Is A Member Of Illuminati-evangelist Funmilayo Adebayo Aka Mummy Go. / Pastor EA Adeboye Issues Sanction On Indecent Dressing In RCCG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.