Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,177 members, 7,953,642 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:38 PM

At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man (19361 Views)

I Read This Post And I Feel Ashamed Of My Country...... No Unity And Love Again! / If I Were You,i'd Be Too Ashamed To Mock Change: Oby Ezekwesili (photo) / Oshiomhole Fires Back At Okonjo-Iweala "You Should Be Ashamed..." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by 13volts(m): 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2011
Why can't we let go without these violence.
Why can't we be like other Muslims.
Our Muslim brothers in northern Ghana, Cameroon and other African state.
I thank god this is the last time buhari will ever present himself for election. With is retirement no any other northern politician from the north will generate such emotion and crowd.
I also thank god most of the victims were pdp barons, who are also part of the problem.

Note. I may regret my tribe but not my religion which shud be dis associated with this mayhem.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Beaf: 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
Your stance is appreciated. Never be ashamed of who you are, but join hands with others to take the reigns of progressive leadership that is sadly lacking in the North. Many will strengthen you from North, South, East and West.

1 Like

Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Lagosboy: 6:04pm On Apr 18, 2011
13volts:

I thank god this is the last time buhari will ever present himself for election. With is retirement no any other northern politician from the north will generate such emotion and crowd.
[b]I also thank god most of the victims were pdp barons, who are also part of the problem.[/b]Note. I may regret my tribe but not my religion which shud be dis associated with this mayhem.

This is the only positive from this riots. In Bauchi, Gombe and Kano the youths knew what they were doing and they were not attacking innocents. they had an objective and they executed it.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by strangleyo: 6:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
I hope that the new government formed after the final elections next week will raise the standards of living for all Nigerians, and bring security to all Nigerians regardless of religion of tribe.

1 Like

Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Poster, here is a good question for you. Is it true that the average Hausa person(majority would be the poor people) up north is both politically and religiously educated? Moreso then their counterparts in the south?
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by 13volts(m): 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2011
No
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Apr 18, 2011
Are you sure See claim made below . . .

Basseti:

Ok, let me put it another way. Maybe U will get it now.

The average uneducated hausa man is more "religiously and politically" aware than say the average uneducated Igbo or Yoruba man.

Before U throw your pants on fire, do a little bit of sampling.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-648907.480.html
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 18, 2011
Maybe you should enlighten your illiterates folks instead of bytching around here.Nobody speaks well of hausa/fulanis because of their useless lifestyle.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Rhino5dm: 6:21pm On Apr 18, 2011
Yeah! Its really pathetic to a Hausa man in this modern day Nigeria. Why haven't we witness violence/riots from those places when Buhari contested against Yaradua, An election which was categorise as the worst in human history??

Sometimes i wonder whats driving out goats from the bush to be causing trouble??. Little wonder everyone sees you as a pest/parasite.

I supported Buhari and stiil do, But i will never be part of any violence/unnecessary loss of human life.

kano/kaduna/jos, you guys really sucks!

My massage to you PEOPLE is to drop your violent nature or be prepared to face the full consequencies. No room for this poo in 21st century. nuff said.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 18, 2011
i get attitude from various strangers anytime they learn i'm nigerian.

thanks to my fellow nigerians.

1 Like

Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by 13volts(m): 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2011
Hausa are politically active. An average hausaman listen to 4 international radio station 3 times a day. Radio France, BBC, German radio, VOA, radio china and Iran. Given the above you expect them to be politically and internationally updated nd informed. On the side of religious well, I ve seen a lot of learned Islamic Cleric from the SW. But then the north has always produce the most learned Islamic scholars in 9jah. But the difference here is that a yoruba muslin has an additional advantage I.e. Education which enables you make rational decisions even when mislead by fanatical imans. This is what we are lacking in the north.

2 Likes

Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Odunnu: 6:40pm On Apr 18, 2011
I just want to hug and keep you calm.
This senseless bloodshed wouldnt eat up the innocent. God would protect His own
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Beaf: 6:52pm On Apr 18, 2011
Odunnu:

shocked

Just like dat? Me too, I'm feeling bad about the violence. grin
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by EzeUche2(m): 6:53pm On Apr 18, 2011
This is actually painting Nigeria in a bad light.

Now it is making the world news.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 7:01pm On Apr 18, 2011
13volts:

Hausa are politically active. An average hausaman listen to 4 international radio station 3 times a day. Radio France, BBC, German radio, VOA, radio china and Iran. Given the above you expect them to be politically and internationally updated nd informed. On the side of religious well, I ve seen a lot of learned Islamic Cleric from the SW. But then the north has always produce the most learned Islamic scholars in 9jah. But the difference here is that a yoruba muslin has an additional advantage I.e. Education which enables you make rational decisions even when mislead by fanatical imans. This is what we are lacking in the north.

The guy corrected himself. . . . he did not mean they are necessarily more informed. But I have to ask you, are you of the idea that the average Hausa man is more informed?

Yes, I would expect someone who, as you claim, listens to 4 international radio stations 3 times a day  to be more informed, and from my experience up north, I know a lot of folks play the radio, but I don't know if I will say they really listen. But I would like to know your opinion on this more.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Basseti: 7:03pm On Apr 18, 2011
13volts:

I am glad it was Kobo that brought this onto this thread.

But do me a favor, dont even take 13volts word for it. I have asked U guys to go out and talk to real people. U will be suprised at what U find out once U cast off stereotyping and be objective.

When I made a similar submission, some said I was a joker with Kobo giving me a wow!!!

Sometimes it pays to just step out of the internet bubble and see exactly whats going on.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Basseti: 7:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

The guy corrected himself. . . . he did not mean they are necessarily more informed. But I have to ask you, are you of the idea that the average Hausa man is more informed? Yes, I would expect someone who listens to 4 international radio stations 3 times a day to be more informed, and from my experience up north, I know a lot of folks play the radio, but I don't know if I will say they really listen. But I would like to know your opinion on this more.

Kobo sharrap dia and stop spreading false information all around!!!!!

I CORRECTED you. The thread is still active. Its not locked!!!!!! I used the word AWARE, u turned it to meaning Educated!!!! I todl u to stop using words that I didnt use.

You cant even keep a honest debate going on. That says much of ur credibilty.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by eghost247(m): 7:08pm On Apr 18, 2011
13volts:

I also thank god most of the victims were pdp barons, who are also part of the problem.

Note. I may regret my tribe but not my religion which shud be dis associated with this mayhem.
u should never be ashamed of who u are or where your from nobody choose to be from a particular place
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 7:08pm On Apr 18, 2011

a·ware 
[uh-wair]  Show IPA
–adjective
having knowledge; conscious; cognizant: aware of danger.
informed; alert; knowledgeable; sophisticated: She is one of the most politically aware young women around.

Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by AljUche: 7:09pm On Apr 18, 2011
13volts:

what do u mean u feel ashamed to be an hausa man angry

so southerners should not feel ashamed to be ethnic bigots abi

or how do u expect buahri to get 0.6% vote in Imo and others, how

in as much as i do not support violence and ethnoc bigotry, i ur topic is bit too harsh undecided

what is bad in being an hausa just because people are protesting undecided

i agree GEJ has won and we should all pray for him and work together but please you topic title does not make sense here
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by AljUche: 7:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
Odunnu:

i am not ashamed of my origin but i do not support any type of violence because of an election won by GEJ

do i get a hug as well grin grin
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Basseti: 7:12pm On Apr 18, 2011
13volts:

Ur post just gives me hope that the Nigeria will see better days. U just put ur hands on a VERY key player in the North.

Hope U can educate my brothers like Kobo and Don. Some people just post without any knowledge of what they are saying.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 7:13pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

The guy corrected himself. . . . he did not mean they are necessarily more informed. But I have to ask you, are you of the idea that the average Hausa man is more informed?

Yes, I would expect someone who, as you claim, listens to 4 international radio stations 3 times a day  to be more informed, and from my experience up north, I know a lot of folks play the radio, but I don't know if I will say they really listen. But I would like to know your opinion on this more.

To add to this, I have a friend who is from Kaduna who seems to have a different picture from that which you have of the average Hausa man, and his is that information is scarce and that the people who control the limited information pipelines use it more for their own good than for the good of the general public.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by namfav(m): 7:14pm On Apr 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

This is actually painting Nigeria in a bad light.

Now it is making the world news.

this is the problem, alot of people care how the world will view this, not the relaity on the ground, how did the world view the protests in north africa?
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2011
13volts:

Well said wink
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Basseti: 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2011
Of course , Kobo will ALWAYS have a friend.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by olawalebabs(m): 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2011
Let's face the reality. Those people fighting are not doing so for Buhari. They are doing it for what they want to loot. I witness the bonfire around Gwamna road in kaduna this morning. And those fighting are the uninform, poverty ravaged youth. There sight will be bring tears to your face. Men we still have alot of way to go. Success Nigeria  cry
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by obailala(m): 7:18pm On Apr 18, 2011
Beaf:

shocked
Odunnu link=topic=649536.msg8157366#msg8157366 date=1303148424:

Just like dat? Me too, I'm feeling bad about the violence. grin

Beaf u no well grin . . . i can see u r a very happy and fulfilled man now
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 18, 2011
dayokanu please come and carry odunnu before she runs away with a fulani man.

you sef resemble hausa so you can stand in, i'm sure.

after you tone down your waywardness.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by jmaine: 7:22pm On Apr 18, 2011
Basseti:

your post just gives me hope that the Nigeria will see better days. U just put your hands on a VERY key player in the North.

Hope U can educate my brothers like Kobo and Don. Some people just post without any knowledge of what they are saying.

Basseti . . .you never tire, you should learn to discern mischief and stay away . . . . some people just need to have the last word and there will be peace . . .so give them their peace  cheesy
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by dellnet: 7:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, here is a good question for you. Is it true that the average Hausa person(majority would be the poor people) up north is both politically and religiously educated? Moreso then their counterparts in the south?

Kobojunkie:

a·ware   
[uh-wair] Show IPA
–adjective
having knowledge; conscious; cognizant: aware of danger.
informed; alert; knowledgeable; sophisticated: She is one of the most politically aware young women around.
Awareness does not define educated/education. Back at your dose right?

@OP Where do you stay?
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by dayokanu(m): 7:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
tpiah!:

dayokanu please come and carry odunnu before she runs away with a fulani man.

you sef resemble hausa so you can stand in, i'm sure.

after you tone down your waywardness.

Thanks jare

Odunnu  angry angry angry angry

Odunnu:

I feel sooo bad Infact I feel terrible , Oya come collabo me and keep me calm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

House Amends Code Of Conduct Bureau And Tribunal Act / Don Obaseki Withdraws From Governorship Race In Edo / Soldiers Ambush Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno; Kill Two (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.