Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,892 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams (27580 Views)

Job Alawari-Kei: FUO Student Slumps, Dies From Illicit Drug Overdose In Bayelsa / Final Year MAPOLY Student Slumps And Dies While Taking Her Bath (Photo) / Abuja Law School Student Slumps And Dies On New Year’s Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by Updating9JA: 5:28am On Apr 09, 2021
There is panic at the University of Port Harcourt following the death of a student identified as Gloria Adeleye, who reportedly slumped and passed away a few days after taking her first semester exams before travelling to join her family in the Rivers State capital.

It was gathered that Gloria, who was of the Department of Animal Science, finished her exams on Thursday, April 1, 2021, and left the school for her family residence, but a few days later, news of her demise filtered into the campus, sending cold shivers down the spine of her friends and the entire department.

The 500-level student was said to have slumped at home on Tuesday, April 6, and was rushed to hospital, where she died. The cause of death has, however, not yet been ascertained.

When contacted, the Public Relations Officer of the university, Sammy Kpenu, expressed regrets at the development, but said it was wrong for anyone to say Gloria died on the school campus.

He stated, “It is fake. The lady, who put up the post that she died in school, has already apologised to the department, because it caused a lot of problems.

“The lady (deceased) had left the school almost a week ago and was in her family house. She finished her exams on April 1 and had been with her family.

“So, from what we heard, she just slumped and by the time she was rushed to hospital, she was pronounced dead. So, it wasn’t anything that had to do with Uniport community.”

Meanwhile, the Head of Department, Animal Science and the department’s students association in a statement obtained by our correspondent said they had tried to reach the deceased’s father, but that he was unwilling to speak.

“The department tried reaching the father yesterday, but he was not willing to communicate with anyone. However, the department is planning a condolence visit once a date is agreed with the father,” the statement read in part.
https://punchng.com/uniport-student-slumps-dies-at-home-after-exams/

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by JuanJO(m): 5:29am On Apr 09, 2021
Thank God say my village people don Sabi say no be to get degree be say person don make am for Nigeria again.

I hope all this villages go learn as well.

RIP to the dead

12 Likes

Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by tompat86(m): 5:33am On Apr 09, 2021
May her soul RIP

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by Nobody: 5:37am On Apr 09, 2021
So sad
Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by Karlovych: 5:38am On Apr 09, 2021
embarassed RIP to her, I hope they won't label it as Covid.
Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by Monogamy: 5:39am On Apr 09, 2021
Rio to her..

She must have overstressed herself for the exams

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by Racoon(m): 5:57am On Apr 09, 2021
It is so unfortunate the poor lady may have died from mental fatigue given that she just finished her exams but all these senseless statements by the university authority are uncalled for @ present.RIP girl!

17 Likes

Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by BeardedShaman: 6:34am On Apr 09, 2021
Life as a Nigerian is hard but you see life as a Nigerian student, it is hell, more especially if you're poor or are having health issues. The work you're required to give is twice as much, hence the double stress which wears away your mental and physical health. It's not like the glorified piece of paper matters in the end anyway. It's significance lies only on the graduate tag that comes with it. My sympathy goes out to her parents. The brunt of having to raise a child all through kindergarten to the university only to lose her at the brink of her long awaited breakthrough and at a time like this is reason enough to induce depression. Lord please help them bear this loss

46 Likes

Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by lkillbrokehoes: 6:42am On Apr 09, 2021
I'm thinking it's either stress or depression, living in Nigeria is stressful and frustrating. May her soul rest in peace.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by lkillbrokehoes: 6:45am On Apr 09, 2021
Racoon:
It is so unfortunate the poor lady may have died from mental fatigue given that she just finished her exams but all these senseless statements by the university authority are uncalled for @ present.RIP girl!
Schooling in Nigeria is one stressful shít, if you don't get fustrated or depressed then that person must be really strong, this is why my kids will never school in any shíthole country

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by ecomalchemist(m): 7:25am On Apr 09, 2021
Life e no easy my brother, you dey find your own me i dey find my own...if i dey keep my distance dey your office make i dey lecture hall....

Life is not easy as a student in Nigeria.

Wahala here and there just to come out tops in flying colors and one lecturer go still dey clear you say na God get A, lecturer get B and na your update be C.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by punisha: 8:05am On Apr 09, 2021
buhari why?
Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by paddyDIGITAL(m): 8:54am On Apr 09, 2021
RIP
Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by Teaser4(m): 8:55am On Apr 09, 2021
This wan hurt o.. RIP

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by rasihi: 8:55am On Apr 09, 2021
This is so painful. RIP
Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by lekki1444: 8:55am On Apr 09, 2021
shocked that uniport nigga port to the world beyond
Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by Seniorwriter(m): 8:55am On Apr 09, 2021
Sad RIP
Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by Papachulo(m): 8:55am On Apr 09, 2021
Really saddening indeed
Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:55am On Apr 09, 2021
This is sad.
May God comfort the bereaved family.
Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by NwaNimo1(m): 8:55am On Apr 09, 2021
Post mortem?

2 Likes

Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by D6thSense: 8:55am On Apr 09, 2021
shocked
Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by FalseProphet1(m): 8:56am On Apr 09, 2021
Hunger and stress is what killed this poor child. This I have seen.
Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by viincent: 8:57am On Apr 09, 2021
Stress of the exams.
Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by ChiefAfonja: 8:57am On Apr 09, 2021
undecided
Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by Drsnives(m): 8:57am On Apr 09, 2021
I see him marching gloriously to heaven

This I have seen

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by petertamtam6(m): 8:57am On Apr 09, 2021
Village people smiley
Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by cassidy1996(m): 8:57am On Apr 09, 2021
Rip
Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by Equal2DeTask(m): 8:58am On Apr 09, 2021
After all these years, everything has been paused just in one day.

This country is Stress herself. Only that can eliminate you.

So painful..... sad
Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by Thegoodtravels: 8:58am On Apr 09, 2021
May her soul rest in peace.
Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by lekki1444: 8:58am On Apr 09, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
I'm thinking it's either stress or depression, living in Nigeria is stressful and frustrating. May her soul rest in peace.
living in this world is stressful and frustrating

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams by bluefilm: 8:59am On Apr 09, 2021
COVID why? cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help....i Forget Things Easily These Days... / Appointments With Doctor In LASUTH Takes Months: Lady Recounts Graphic Experienc / UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.