Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,914 members, 7,828,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash (21223 Views)

Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC / Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier / How I Escaped The Siege Laid In My Home – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by Islie: 7:19am On Apr 09, 2021
Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State, on Thursday, narrated how he escaped death in the plane crash that claimed the life of the former Military administrator of the state, late Con. Abdullahi Wase, and some other state government officials.

The governor narrated his experience when he received on a courtesy visit, the newly appointed Nigerian Ambassador to Romania, Barr. Safiya Nuhu, a Kano indigene, whose father also died in the plane crash.

“Myself, as the then Commissioner of works, housing and transport, was to visit the Wase Juma’at Mosque which was under construction.

“And I was the Coordinator for the appeal fund to build that mosque. The governor was to travel to inspect the project and also pay a condolence visit over a relation that died. So, I coordinated the journey.

“I secured the aircraft that was used for that journey, the aircraft was owned by Alhaji Aminu Dantata. I was the one who wrote all the names of those that were to travel with the administrator.

“And your father was not among, as I was going out from the government house, the late Wase was climbing the stairs through the family wing and your dad came to me asking why his name was not there.

“Then the late Wase after climbing one step, stopped and asked your dad: “you are Permanent Secretary Government house, when there is communication from the villa, who will receive that communication?” It is just like a chief of staff.

“Then late Wase asked what was happening, I then told him that the DG was insisting that he wants to follow us, he then said he should be included, then I included him.” Ganduje told Nuhu.

He added that two of them, in their separate vehicles, drove home because they were staying along the same route in Sharada, and her dad waved and said good night to him and he responded.

According to him, “But on reaching my house, I called my permanent Secretary and told him that we were scheduled to be in Wase through Jos, so I will not be in the office.

“He said that there was an important message. The memo you were asked by the governor to write to the Head of state, they sent the money requested for the rehabilitation of metropolitan roads.

“And probably the president will send some people to come and see what is going on. I said if that is the case, I am not traveling again.

“I then asked him to invite the technical people so that we will meet in my office by 8am, to prepare the necessary memo and when the governor comes back, I will take the memo to him for approval so that we can swing into action.”

Ganduje explained that after that interaction with his permanent Secretary, he decided not to travel with the governor to Wase.

He said in the morning the technical people came, and as they were holding a meeting then I was told that I was being requested to be at the government house, and I asked who would ask me to be at the Government house when the administrator was not around.

“The messenger said that it was a massage, then I left for the government house and went to the council chamber where we were holding our meetings, that was 1996, about 25 years ago.

“Immediately I entered, I saw the brigade commander, who had taken over immediately and some commissioners were crying, then I asked if it was not an air crash. How can commissioners be crying in government house? I asked.

Ganduje quoted the brigade commander, “Well, my colleagues, the administrator left here in the morning, there was a crash in Jos, and no survivors. I am giving you one hour, to go and get ready so that we go to Jos and sort out the dead bodies”.

“That was the end of it. Your father was my friend, since secondary school, to the university, and we later started working at the Gumel Advance Teacher’s College.” NAN.

https://dailytrust.com/ganduje-how-i-escaped-plane-crash

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by adesiregold11(m): 7:25am On Apr 09, 2021
T
Islie:

Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State, on Thursday, narrated how he escaped death in the plane crash that claimed the life of the former...

Lalasticlala

Good Morning Nlanders, pls I really want to seek lalasticala’s advice on something pressing. Anyone who knows how I will contact him should kindly assist. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by SarkinYarki: 7:32am On Apr 09, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by Amotolongbo(f): 7:33am On Apr 09, 2021
“That was the end of it. Your father was my friend, since secondary school, to the university, and we later started working at the Gumel Advance Teacher’s College.” NAN.
Some people will surely come to one’s life as a blessing, while some a lesson

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by blazepascal(m): 7:34am On Apr 09, 2021
issorite
Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by Kagarko(m): 7:51am On Apr 09, 2021
Something must definitely kill a Man. Your time Is Really Coming. We came separately and we'll go back separately.

Allahumma Agfirhum Warhamhum Warhamna Baadahum.

Amin Yaa Rabb.
Jummu'at Mufeedah Friends

10 Likes

Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by Abboki: 12:56pm On Apr 09, 2021

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by MaryamUmar2020: 12:56pm On Apr 09, 2021
I don't have any comments undecided undecided. If you know you know

4 Likes

Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by Downey(f): 12:56pm On Apr 09, 2021
We would have been celebrate now that one bastard has gone

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by drizslim(m): 12:57pm On Apr 09, 2021
Gandusa u for perish na

6 Likes

Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by The5DME(m): 12:57pm On Apr 09, 2021
c
Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by jamiudarex(m): 12:57pm On Apr 09, 2021
undecided
Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by Skyboyy(m): 12:57pm On Apr 09, 2021
cool
Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by Downey(f): 12:57pm On Apr 09, 2021
Why do you escape? Why ? Why? Why?
We would have been celebrating now that one of the bastards has gone

11 Likes

Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by ClassicMan202(m): 12:58pm On Apr 09, 2021
Why na

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by viincent: 12:58pm On Apr 09, 2021
you are lucky
Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by Alejoas(m): 12:58pm On Apr 09, 2021
sad
Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by jospepper(m): 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2021
Fear God and refrain from evil
Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by mbahdi(m): 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2021
You wunt be lucky next time.if dunt repent from ur evil ways.same thing awaits d vegetable in London hospital.since una say na wickedness be una watchword and song

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by Righteousness2(m): 1:00pm On Apr 09, 2021
Wow... That's Life ..

I Remember the plane Crash that killed the Late sultan of sokoto and other top guns in the Society.
A Certain man a great Philanthropist especially to the Propagation of the Gospel ( I can't remember his name) was billed to be on that plane. He got to the Airport and due to one thing or the other he was so pressed and Had to go to the rest room to off load.

He was in the restroom for a quite a while and before He came out , the Plane had Left. He was not Happy as He felt they should have respected him for who he was.

Minutes later, the news was all over the Nation that a Plane had Crashed. Tears and tears all over the Nation as so many Prominent personalities were there. Infact when the Manifesto of the Dead were announced, his name was announced also.

That was how the man was Saved .

That was not Luck! That was GOD..

Many things we call Disappointment in life is a Blessing.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by OB3344(m): 1:01pm On Apr 09, 2021
Lucky you.
Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by 9jaRealist: 1:02pm On Apr 09, 2021
Islie:

Just like that, and we could’ve been spared the spectacle of Babanriga Banking... wink

Meanwhile, when you read stuff like this you realize why Nigeria is so badly governed...
No institutionalized (or transparent or accountable) processes, just as man-know-man, making it up on the fly. SMH

>

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by sylve11: 1:02pm On Apr 09, 2021
Downey:
Why do you escape? Why ? Why? Why?
We would have been celebrating now that one bastard has gone

shocked shocked cool

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by Splendor4(m): 1:02pm On Apr 09, 2021
nah God save this one.. they won't still turn a new leaf
Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by ImpregnaTor(m): 1:03pm On Apr 09, 2021
Click like if you would have been happy if he didn't escape!

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by eedimo(m): 1:03pm On Apr 09, 2021
God preserved your life.
Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by AmazingELixir: 1:03pm On Apr 09, 2021
undecided

Dollar man
Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by akeeng: 1:04pm On Apr 09, 2021
Onpe
Re: Ganduje: How I Escaped Plane Crash by DennisEche(m): 1:04pm On Apr 09, 2021
DOLLAR MAN, IN A SANE COUNTRY THIS FOOL SHOULD BE LIVING IN JAIL BUT HE IS A FREE MAN HERE. A MAN CAUGHT STUFFING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN HIS BABARIGA IN LIVE VIDEO. IS'NT NIGERIA A WONDERFUL NATION

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Repair Works By Julius Berger At MCC Pedestrian Bridge Onitsha / Coronavirus: Lagos Bus Service Limited To Enforce No Standing Rule In Buses / "Progressive" Jigawa Governor In over 10 Billion Naira Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.