Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,349 members, 7,846,508 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East (37641 Views)

3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship / Imo APC: Setback As Court Stops Two Candidates from tomorrow's elections / BREAKING: APC Releases List Of Governorship Candidates From 24 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Masterkernel1: 2:37pm On Apr 09, 2021
mu2sa2:
For what reason? Maybe none!

This isn't Borno.
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 09, 2021
AtikuNetwork:

Rochas and Orji Uzor Kalu are the most sellable igbo men in Nigeria. The others are too clannish and won't attract enough votes outside SE.

Politics is not usually about who you want, but about who the political party feels is sellable to the country as a whole because he has put in the work to build a brand that other sections of the country are comfortable with. You cannot win Presidency in Nigeria by being a 'local champion' that only your own people fancy, because their votes alone will not get you the position. Rochas and OUK may be disliked by their people but other sections of the country may be comfortable with them for the simple reason that they are not clannish, and would protect the interest of other Nigerians and not just igbos.
If Kalu is what igbos have to present as president, then the igbos are not born to rule. All Igbos with flat heads should wait till 2079 presidency

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by olisaEze(m): 2:41pm On Apr 09, 2021
dochenaj:
Why do you assume that Ihedioha would be vengeful?

Yes, he may not be a suitable fit for presidency, as he may need to succeed as a governor to lay the framework for higher responsibility.

His brief stint in Imo State government house was spent on accusing the preceding administration to his than actually doing the work he was elected for.

Spending money to tear down state structures & edifices that Rochas had built, even those for purely beautification purposes was to me a further waste of resources and time. Although he managed to build a super new hotel for himself in record time, while complaining of the looting of the preceding administration.

What it indicated to me was an administration that had no ambition to uplift or better the lives of the people.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by dochenaj: 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2021
olisaEze:
His brief stint in Imo State government house was spent on accusing the preceding administration to his than actually doing the work he was elected for.

Spending money to tear down state structures & edifices that Rochas had built, even those for purely beautification purposes was to me a further waste of resources and time. Although he managed to build a super new hotel for himself in record time, while complaining of the looting of the preceding administration.

What it indicated to me was an administration that had no ambition to uplift or better the lives of the people.
Oh! I see you're prejudiced.
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by olisaEze(m): 3:11pm On Apr 09, 2021
dochenaj:
Oh! I see you're prejudiced.

I am not prejudiced, I’m making deductions based on information in the public space.

I have followed his career from the House though I am not from IMO State. I had high hopes for him to do a good job for the State and represent the SE as a presidential candidate later. He disappointed many like me.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by ogbonti: 3:19pm On Apr 09, 2021
AsomughaChuks05:
You omitted Rochas Okorocha. He stands the best chance among those you listed.

He is very fluent in Hausa, the northerners will trust him more hence he is called "OKOROAWUSA" grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Blackman7: 3:22pm On Apr 09, 2021
FLAT heads cannot rule nigeria, it's between the north and south-west.
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by livebyday(m): 3:25pm On Apr 09, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
no be north vote in Abiola,obansanjo before .....u are a baby ...u think north will vote for ipob abi u must be high on kanu weed
Where did I say they will vote a southeasterner ? But you are a drunkard to think Arewa will vote a beribe banza! grin

Never in this life or the next. Abiola time was a different era , Osibanjo was rigged in with Buhari

You are a naive uninformed baby

Shut up and sleep

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by merits(m): 4:24pm On Apr 09, 2021
AsomughaChuks05:
Okorohausa will use our tax to build startle all over Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by AtikuNetwork: 4:47pm On Apr 09, 2021
Ojiofor:

But you voted the most clannish person in this country in 2015 and 2019.

I have never voted for Buhari in my life. I have been voting for Atiku since 2007 when he contested as Action Congress presidential candidate.
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by ThatFairGuy1: 5:34pm On Apr 09, 2021
They even omitted Rochas Kenayo Okorocha, Who's Kalu or Umahi in APC?

Igbo Still showing their hatred for themselves.

Meanwhile, anything that has to do with Igbo Presidency Should be directed to joke section

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by ThumbzTNA(m): 5:37pm On Apr 09, 2021
Cone heads can never rule Nigeria again. Tinubu will be killed, or worse commit suicide like Abiola and Awolowo
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by adanny01(m): 6:02pm On Apr 09, 2021
olisaEze:

There are six listed names there and one choice to make per individual. I have made mine and outrightly rejected one with my reservations. State yours and give ur reasons before coming to my mentions to assume the "torments" of rich people wen nor make u their personal defense minister.

Do you seriously think my choice and yours will do it?
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by dominion001(m): 6:17pm On Apr 09, 2021
AsomughaChuks05:

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by kechywillz(m): 7:35pm On Apr 09, 2021
They wouldn't still give it to them anyway...we know the country we live in,that's why the agitation for their own country is sure.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by olisaEze(m): 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2021
adanny01:

Do you seriously think my choice and yours will do it?

That ur choice might not make it doesn’t mean u shouldn’t have a preference. Your reasons might just make a difference in forming someone else’s choice one way or the other.
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Gunayo(m): 8:45pm On Apr 09, 2021
Kobicove:

Please go to the Jokes section grin
U no go kill,person will laugh oooo.
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by adanny01(m): 8:51pm On Apr 09, 2021
olisaEze:

That ur choice might not make it doesn’t mean u shouldn’t have a preference. Your reasons might just make a difference in forming someone else’s choice one way or the other.

It's either you are new in Nigeria or inexperienced.

You can't make a choice in Nigerias politics, you are offered candidates and you pick.

If I were a party member, I will vote by choice in the party primaries and then in the general elections.

But for you to start writing arbitrary names, you are just wasting your data.

I am more of a realist than idealistic.
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Okwyjesus(m): 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2021
isthatso:

The Igbo man did not leave it for the North. The North took it. Unfortunately the North has different values from the south. As far as the North is concerned Nigeria is ok the elites are better off than before the coup...they now have free money they dont have to work for. We are the ones who have lost as a result of your ill advised misadventures because our aspirations and values have been suppressed by efforts, political structures and laws enacted primarily to keep you in check.

The North has gained access to Oil it didnt have before the coup and civil war, prior to that the oil belonged to the eastern and midwest regions. Everybody control of his resources, now they control every body's resource. why do we have states instead of regions? because of the ibos, why do Northerners always control key security positions? because of ibos, why do Oil amd mineral resources go to the centre? because of the ibos, why do we have a powerful center? because of the Ibos... why? because the desire to keep Nigeria one at all costs by the descendants of Usman danfodio (political control) trumps development and they see empowering ibos militarily or with finances to acquire arms as something that may lead a secession (hence no state police) and they would rather preside over a poverty ravaged undeveloping country than hand over resources and power to Ibos and give them the resources to lead another breakway of ony portion of the land "promised" them by their progenitor..

You have clearly missed the point!! if you do you will see the error of your people and why there will be no ibo president!!!

I see your point. But every tribe got their own issues. Denying lgbos presidency won't solve Nigeria's problem either.
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Ojiofor: 7:05am On Apr 10, 2021
AtikuNetwork:

I have never voted for Buhari in my life. I have been voting for Atiku since 2007 when he contested as Action Congress presidential candidate.

Alright.
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Oracleforce: 9:29am On Apr 10, 2021
isthatso:

Ngozi cannot contest for any political post in Nigeria ever again, she cant even be appointed a commisioner because she took up US citizenship!

As far as politic landscape of Nigeria is concerned, she's out of the picture for good!!!

Nigeria Constitution accepts dual citizen.....
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 10, 2021
Okwyjesus:

I see your point. But every tribe got their own issues. Denying lgbos presidency won't solve Nigeria's problem either.

Nigeria is a problem that cannot be solved. We have never been together under our own devices and thrived, it took only 6 years (in truth 3) after the exit of the British overlords for everything to scatter and we have been heading downhill ever since slowly and surely towards an inevitable implosion!! The only solution if there is to be a Nigeria is as Ojukwu suggested, a confederation. Unfortunately that will never happen and so we will drag along, slowly and surely getting mired in mediocrity, squalour, poverty and chronic underdevelopment, tribal and religious conflicts until the centre cannot hold.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by chukwuaustin(m): 11:38am On Apr 12, 2021
The two political parties should adopt an Igbo Man as there candidate

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Keletapwa Farauta To Become North East's First Elected Female Deputy Governor / 2019: New Mega Party Targets 16 Governors (see states on their radar) / Minister, Wike, Publicly Blasts FCDA Over Faulty Microphone (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.