Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,274 members, 7,815,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State (50182 Views)

Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers / Konshisha: Nigerian Army Buries Captain, 11 Soldiers Killed By Bandits In Benue / Stolen N400m: Army Sends Hakeem Otiki, Missing Soldiers’ Commander On Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by Chatflick(m): 11:38am On Apr 09, 2021
No fewer than 10 troops of Nigerian Army and one military police officer have been found dead in Konshisha Local Government Area of Benue State.

The development generated tension in the community as the army authorities deployed troops to fish out the perpetrators of the dastardly act.

In a statement made available to journalists, Nigerian Army spokesman, Brig.-Gen. Mohammed Yerima, confirmed the killings of the troops by yet-to-be-identified individuals.

Yerima explained that the bodies of slain troops were immediately evacuated, adding that efforts are ongoing to track down those who perpetrated the crime in order to bring them to justice.

He said, ”Nigerian Army troops operating in Benue State came under attack while on routine operational task.

”The troops comprising one officer and ten soldiers were initially declared missing which prompted the deployment of a joint search and rescue team comprising NA troops and personnel of Operation Whirl Stroke.

”The search and rescue team unfortunately found all the missing troops dead in Konshisha LGA of Benue State.

”While the bodies of the slain troops were evacuated immediately, efforts are ongoing to track down the perpetrators of this heinous crime with a view to bringing them to Justice.”

The Nigerian Army, however, appealed to the public to volunteer useful information that will lead to the arrest of the perpetrators of the dastardly act.

Yerima maintained that Army remains determined to ensure that the unprovoked attack does not disrupt the general peace being enjoyed by the local inhabitants.

According to him, the COAS has directed commanders on the ground to ensure sustained efforts in order to fish out and deal decisively with these bad elements who are threatening the peace in the area.

Daily Trust reports that Benue, which has been a hotbed of clashes, has been enjoying relative peace in recent times.

https://dailytrust.com/tension-in-benue-community-as-10-missing-soldiers-are-found-dead

2 Likes

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by Racoon(m): 11:41am On Apr 09, 2021
The army have just become a useless killing machine for terrorists.How can the Nigerian army be killing its own citizens in brazen display of solidarity to criminal elements? See the killings they wrought in the East

237 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by Skyfornia(m): 11:43am On Apr 09, 2021
The way things are going...if this country no break up before or by 2023...then it's obvious it won't break up again. I have never seen this level of insecurity in my life before...

348 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by Tab4kids(f): 11:44am On Apr 09, 2021
New Kids educational android tablets @25k

Android 9.0 operating system

2GB RAM

16GB ROM

4000MAH BATTERY CAPACITY

WIFI SUPPORTED

PRE INSTALLED GAMES AND APPS

Comes with screen scratch protector, stylus pen, earpiece, OTG cable, usd cord, charger, eyeglasses, and many more

Call or WhatsApp 07 0 618098 19

3 Likes

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by Mblingz(m): 11:44am On Apr 09, 2021
Uuu
Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by Franzinni: 11:44am On Apr 09, 2021
This is systemic ... It is a script and those soldiers that died are just the inciting incident.

It is a script ... I employ you to go on youtube and watch all the archive videos on the biafran civil war ... There was a script that was used to play on emotion and gullibility.

It is a script ... The army should please locate the criminals that did the dastardly act and not be tempted to go the ODI route ..

It is a script!!!

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by McLizbae: 11:44am On Apr 09, 2021
Soldiers now die like chickens that contacted flu in Nigeria... Hmm

1 Like

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by HenryThegreat1(m): 11:44am On Apr 09, 2021
And buhari zombies president dey London dey rest according to him.
All these are happening because no single person is in charge.
What we currently have now is presidency.

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by Timblogga: 11:44am On Apr 09, 2021
Heyy. How did we get to this?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by Beremx(f): 11:44am On Apr 09, 2021
Fulani terrorists might have killed them and the innocent citizens will pay the price.

May God save Benue people

126 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by Seyi8750: 11:45am On Apr 09, 2021
Before na lekki massacre but now na soldiers massacre or what should we call it?
Soldiers killing civilians while bandit, gunmen, iswap, bokoharam etc killing soldiers and our president is in London having fun and feel relaxed.
Everyday sad news.
Too much unrest in Nigeria
embarassed embarassed embarassed

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by qualityalone: 11:45am On Apr 09, 2021
joke of a military....
they killed 10 and u killed 50 innocent people.....u will still pay wit 40 souls

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by wedeasam: 11:45am On Apr 09, 2021
Extra Source of Income: Checkout this legitimate online business that gives me atleast ₦25k and more weekly using my phone and from home. Check my Signature for details
Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by xiaji: 11:45am On Apr 09, 2021
Wahala oooo
Upgrade your CV to meet ATS standard and look professional to land your new job. Call or Text me on
080-30442031
Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by arejibadz(m): 11:46am On Apr 09, 2021
Buhari don turn nigeria into warzone

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by ODJ124(m): 11:46am On Apr 09, 2021
wahala

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE if u dey that Community

Cause the reprisal will be like a roaring lion looking for who to devour..

Thread seen....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by Mutemenot(m): 11:46am On Apr 09, 2021
kiss A masquerade becomes worthless when it choses to dance in the maketsquare...
my years in different countries, I haven't seen military men parading streets like we have in Nigeria so it's time we differentiate the duties of our law enforcement agencies so we can retain some respect ...

40 Likes

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by JBsconcept(m): 11:46am On Apr 09, 2021
Someone should press refresh button on this country na, let's start again

1 Like

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by wallay77(m): 11:47am On Apr 09, 2021
Nigeria...everyday na so so bad news...nawa ooo
Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by Matheusmartin: 11:47am On Apr 09, 2021
Whats the big deal about 10 soldiers dying?..

Don't civilians die in their numbers everyday?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by Earthquakes: 11:47am On Apr 09, 2021
Same people who are supporting buhari's fulanisation government will now start condemning citizens who are now taking laws on their hands.

Blame buhari for whatever is going on in Nigeria..

9 Likes

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by Igbankpa(m): 11:47am On Apr 09, 2021
A failed State, thanks to our kakistocratic government. It can only get worse. una sure say anything go still remain for this country by 2023? cos is like this clueless people in government are bent on destroying everything.

someone should please ask for my account number
my mouth is dry.

1 Like

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by Alaborn12: 11:48am On Apr 09, 2021
May God make Nigeria a better place to live again

2 Likes

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by AtikuNetwork: 11:48am On Apr 09, 2021
Ipob/ESN handiwork.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by femijay8271(m): 11:48am On Apr 09, 2021
After reading the Topic, the first thing that came to my mind was to check for the source and wolla!...NA DAILYLIES just for them to hold on for the killings of innocent civilians
Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 09, 2021
Tit for tat
Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by Goahead(m): 11:48am On Apr 09, 2021
This goes to show how things has degenerated, anywhere you are in Nigeria as a citizen, you're not safe! Since these attacker have been emboldened to not just kill you, but you and your servicemen.

1 Like

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by eliok(m): 11:48am On Apr 09, 2021
I don't believe what is. Here.
Anything to frame the people so that bombing will continue.

Though I won't be surprised if many believe it

1 Like

Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by bigdammyj: 11:48am On Apr 09, 2021
Noted
Re: 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State by Pierohandsome: 11:48am On Apr 09, 2021
This is what happens when the security agents who are supposed to be friends of the people decided to become a nightmare to those they are supposed to protect.they kill,harrass,oppress,extort,rape,and murder those they are meant to protect.

What is happening is nothing but a reprisal attack . Though highly condemnable,but they have made themselves enemy of the people

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soludo Joins Onitsha Clean Up (Pictures) / Supporters Mob Atiku In Gombe (Pictures) / Convoy Of Obidients Heading To Teslim Balogun Stadium For LP Presidential Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.