Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) (39909 Views)

DJ Xclusive Best Of Wizkid Old And New Hit Songs / Mixtape: Best Of Michael Jackson (all Michael Jackson's Greatest Hit Songs) / [throw Back Music] Musiliu Haruna Ishola-soyoyo (part1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by SenatePresdo(m): 5:41am On Apr 10, 2021
RIP DMX
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by fasho01(m): 5:42am On Apr 10, 2021
Was expecting this thread. More on DMX still coming..

Anyways man just ended up killing himself.. Sad!
Well, something must kill a man they say

2 Likes

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by SamgoldBaba: 5:46am On Apr 10, 2021
Dagrin made me love this man

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by FatherCHRISTMAS: 5:46am On Apr 10, 2021
There is a particular verse I heard for dmx. I can never forget those verse

You wack, you're twisted, your girl's a ho

You're broke, the kid ain't yours, and everybody know

Your old man say you stupid, you be like, "So?

I love my baby mother, I never let her go

7 Likes

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by azpekuliar: 5:48am On Apr 10, 2021
The first time I heard DMX was on his verse on “Money, Power, Respect” along with the Lox and Lil Kim

I heard ..

“Ya'll niggas know my skills.
Ass from the grills get em' up,
split em' up, wet em' up.
And watch em' come get em' up,
Set em' up....

When you do dirt, you get dirt.
Bitch, I'll make your shit hurt.
Step back like I did worse.
This ain't no fucking game.
You think I'm playin, till you layin.
To where? The junkyard decayin'.
Mom's at home prayin'
that chu comin' home.
But chu not, cuz you sittin up in the trunk
startin to rot.“

I was like, hang on oo. Who tha f is that? Well, the rest as they say is history.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Burgerlomo: 5:51am On Apr 10, 2021
RIP man
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by McSterling(m): 5:54am On Apr 10, 2021
Explorers:
Ruff Ryders Anthem, 1998

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThlhSnRk21E

This is my favourite one. Followed by "Slipping" and "Get it on the Floor". Also love his lines from The LOX's "Money, Power, Respect". RIP DMX.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by yommen: 5:55am On Apr 10, 2021
Explorers:
Ruff Ryders Anthem 98, was in JSS class. We bought lyrics books, took them to school to mime with portable cassette players.

The stress of getting these songs on cassette then, you had to buy empty cassettes, write down the tracks and pay dj to get the tracks for you.

Wasted money on battery for this cassette player.

Having large posters of your favorites rappers on the wall of your room.

You're a king if you can afford any of the hand carry cd/cassette players in pic 2&3 those days.

Nobody go hear word for the whole street.

RIP DMX

The magic of time. We download songs at will now. RPI to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Tolani1122(m): 5:55am On Apr 10, 2021
luminouz:
I like him small so RIP

The only rapper that ever moved me when he died was dagrin.
No other rapper ever came close since then
Lolz local boy

3 Likes

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by urchman23: 5:58am On Apr 10, 2021
Dude was a fu***** legent

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by elpochas: 5:59am On Apr 10, 2021
RIP Nigga.
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by bjayx: 5:59am On Apr 10, 2021
"Slipping"... Best from DMX
Classic fm 94.3 gets U coverered on Saturday 10a.m for abuja residents

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by ikorodureporta: 6:03am On Apr 10, 2021
azpekuliar:
The first time I heard DMX was on his verse on “Money, Power, Respect” along with the Lox and Lil Kim

I heard ..

“Ya'll niggas know my skills.
Ass from the grills get em' up,
split em' up, wet em' up.
And watch em' come get em' up,
Set em' up....

When you do dirt, you get dirt.
Bitch, I'll make your shit hurt.
Step back like I did worse.
This ain't no fucking game.
You think I'm playin, till you layin.
To where? The junkyard decayin'.
Mom's at home prayin'
that chu comin' home.
But chu not, cuz you sittin up in the trunk
startin to rot.“

I was like, hang on oo. Who tha f is that? Well, the rest as they say is history.
That verse naiem kill the song. I really liked hardcore rap then...d days of onyx, lostboyz ...

2 Likes

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by WisdomfromGod: 6:04am On Apr 10, 2021
Explorers:
What's my Name, 1999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FFK5Oh10os
gather here if you don't know him nor have ever heard his music before...or u are confused about him.��

4 Likes

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by ikorodureporta: 6:06am On Apr 10, 2021
lionlee216:
I listen to his music everyday. You need my attention, play me dmx songs and you got me.

I love

Look tru my eyes
Damien
Dogs for life
The Professional
Here we go again
How's its going down.

I listen to them put them on repeat.

I sight grand finale thete
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Dshocker(m): 6:07am On Apr 10, 2021
Life is too short
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by aribs(m): 6:12am On Apr 10, 2021
Stop being greedy , one more road to cross, ruff ryders anthem , x going give it to ya, we right here ,what’s my name , slippin’ , Damien I, II and III

Through him I got to like Eve and L.O.X

He made my university years. Rest In Power X

3 Likes

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by ikorodureporta: 6:12am On Apr 10, 2021
*ITS ON
*GRAND FINALE
*MONEY POWER & RESPECT FEAT LOX
*SHUT THEM DOWN FEAT ONYX
*ITS MURDA FEAT JARULE
*24HOURS TO LIVE FEAT MASE
*LIFE IS WHAT WE MAKE FEAT NAS
*WHATS MY NAME
*THE PROFESSIONAL
*THE HEAT
* WE RIGHT HERE
*X GONNA GIVE IT TO YOU
*WHO WE BE
*ONE MORE ROAD TO CROSS
*SLIPPIN
*WHAT THESE BTHES WANT
*FLESH OF MY FLESH, BLOOD OF MY BLOOD
*LOOK THRU MY EYES
*HOW IS IT GOING DOWN
*STOP BEING GREEDY
* COMING FROM
*ANGEL
*READY TO MEET HIM
*RUFF RYDERS ANTHEM
*COME BACK IN ONE PIECE FEAT AALIYAH
*PARTY UP
*SOME X SHIT
*RYDE OR DIE
Etc

Download those SONGZ & enjoy DMX to the fullest...
You may also download the full albums:
*It dark and hell is hot
*Flesh of my flesh blood of my blood
*And then there was X

Get more classic rap SONGZ here:

https://www.nairaland.com/6066151/rap-hiphop-classic-songs-download#100656912

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by omofeyi(f): 6:19am On Apr 10, 2021
Seriously, looks like man was huge back in the day
osf peruzzi
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by ddeola: 6:20am On Apr 10, 2021
The morale of the whole story surrounding his death is the HARD DRUGS ARE DANGEROUS ! sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by zudozz: 6:20am On Apr 10, 2021
this one don take drugs keel himself!

RIP..
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by gassbee: 6:22am On Apr 10, 2021
Dat guy's voice was unique, powerful rapper

2 Likes

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by CarGuideNG: 6:23am On Apr 10, 2021
Just here to pay my respects to DMX and honor his memory.

His gruff voice quipped and sang of the demons that he just couldn't shake off, and which finally came calling for him, in the end. The demons of addiction and self harm.

He was real and quite frank about his life experiences, he lived his lines, he rapped about his pain, he rapped because of his pain, he rapped through his pain.

"See, to live is to suffer but to survive
Well, that's to find meaning in the suffering"

DMX - Slippin'

He lived, he suffered, he survived, he's gone to rest.

He will be missed.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by olatade(m): 6:24am On Apr 10, 2021
“I know I may have done some bad things, but I'm not a bad person.” - DMX

4 Likes

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Godmademan(m): 6:24am On Apr 10, 2021
The thread is scanty cos indomie generation can't relate

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Tenshades(m): 6:24am On Apr 10, 2021
DMX- Aint No Sunshine

From His movie with Steven Seagal (Exit Wounds)

DMX 'Let us Pray' was my ringtone for some time way back...

Time flies.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by kenny160: 6:27am On Apr 10, 2021
Explorers:
Ruff Ryders Anthem 98, was in JSS class. We bought lyrics books, took them to school to mime with portable cassette players.

The stress of getting these songs on cassette then, you had to buy empty cassettes, write down the tracks and pay dj to get the tracks for you.

Wasted money on battery for this cassette player.

Having large posters of your favorites rappers on the wall of your room.

You're a king if you can afford any of the hand carry cd/cassette players in pic 2&3 those days.

Nobody go hear word for the whole street.

RIP DMX
chai! Thanks for reminding dos old good days

2 Likes

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Eillyeillz(m): 6:28am On Apr 10, 2021
Rest in Peace X.
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by derbfolukeb: 6:29am On Apr 10, 2021
RIP DMX, You were one of my favorite childhood rappers cry

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by zedman1(m): 6:36am On Apr 10, 2021
raumdeuter:
Slipping
I loved this track die, I still do, and it's the only of X's song I still have on my phone to date.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes / Headies 2019: Reactions As Rema Wins Next Rated Award - Screenshots / Full List Of Winners At The 14th Headies Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.