Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) (39824 Views)

DJ Xclusive Best Of Wizkid Old And New Hit Songs / Mixtape: Best Of Michael Jackson (all Michael Jackson's Greatest Hit Songs) / [throw Back Music] Musiliu Haruna Ishola-soyoyo (part1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by ltsng: 2:35pm On Apr 10, 2021
Damien.

Don't know any rapper that dramatises lyrics. Even had a series on Damien. Such creativity

sammyj:
cheesy cheesy grin RIP to the Big Dog

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Beremx(f): 2:59pm On Apr 10, 2021
GorillaApp:

Now you know say your elders are here. So mind how you talk. In 98 was given admission to uniben and na dmx na im be our anthem that year,played from our cobra deck player.

Cc.beremX
90s was the best time hip hop was enjoyed most. No be small thing.
Good old memories grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Beremx(f): 3:00pm On Apr 10, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
so this woman don really senior me like this
chai
41 years no be beans. grin

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by bilulu(m): 3:01pm On Apr 10, 2021
Explorers:
Ruff Ryders Anthem 98, was in JSS class. We bought lyrics books, took them to school to mime with portable cassette players.

The stress of getting these songs on cassette then, you had to buy empty cassettes, write down the tracks and pay dj to get the tracks for you.

Wasted money on battery for this cassette player.

Having large posters of your favorites rappers on the wall of your room.

You're a king if you can afford any of the hand carry cd/cassette players in pic 2&3 those days.

Nobody go hear word for the whole street.

RIP DMX
we go be age mate then.... JSS 1 98....
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by AfonjaConehead: 3:08pm On Apr 10, 2021
ltsng:

He did with DMX as well, but it didn't trend like that of 50cents
Really..that Idris is a real local.bronco
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by EbenezerTriumph: 3:10pm On Apr 10, 2021
Beremx:
41 years no be beans. grin
I know say you just dey cruise sha so people go respect you for this forum.
Highest you no go pass 30
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by poweredcom(m): 3:15pm On Apr 10, 2021
Classic fm Jamed all his song all thru today

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by DeadWrong: 3:19pm On Apr 10, 2021
lionlee216:
I listen to his music everyday. You need my attention, play me dmx songs and you got me.

I love

Look tru my eyes
Damien
Dogs for life
The Professional
Here we go again
How's its going down.

I listen to them put them on repeat.

You know listen to DMX songs pass me I swear.
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by DeadWrong: 3:23pm On Apr 10, 2021
azpekuliar:
The first time I heard DMX was on his verse on “Money, Power, Respect” along with the Lox and Lil Kim

I heard ..

“Ya'll niggas know my skills.
Ass from the grills get em' up,
split em' up, wet em' up.
And watch em' come get em' up,
Set em' up....

When you do dirt, you get dirt.
Bitch, I'll make your shit hurt.
Step back like I did worse.
This ain't no fucking game.
You think I'm playin, till you layin.
To where? The junkyard decayin'.
Mom's at home prayin'
that chu comin' home.
But chu not, cuz you sittin up in the trunk
startin to rot.“

I was like, hang on oo. Who tha f is that? Well, the rest as they say is history.

DMX killed it. He's famous for always taking the last verse. Listen to Blackout ft Jay Z. DMX is one of the best hardcore rappers of all time

3 Likes

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by tianshie(m): 3:54pm On Apr 10, 2021
DMX Tribute

F.c.uk it it's cold now but it's spring who turned the sun out?
how's stupids like 04kaa still breathin' while the real ones is missin'
it's cataclysmic what you did to the rap game it's Mona Lis-tic
the beauty of your rap verses got niggas listing
listen you soared like weed smoke, I caught the buzz like heat stroke
I used to fantasize I was lit coke. You was crack in my veins
Lord you went hard like when Freddie got Aids, I rocked Mary Jane
inspiration the things you got me through. Slippin' put me on cruise.
Got my life on track, when the muse it bruised
We'll never have you back, we're thankful for the Adirondack
type-lyrics you unleashed on these b*tches now their hymens is cracked
F.c.uk it it's dark without you stompin' the stage it's stark
Ruff Ryders was the illest like nurses with Covid
Guinness I drank it with hommies, Booyaka noise to the dummies
You're in heaven now with Aaliyah and Michael
I'm your loyal disciple, toast to the Dark Man, you were always my icon!

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Tcwork: 4:54pm On Apr 10, 2021
GorillaApp:

That slipping song was one of my favorite
The song spoke to me

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by xjiggy: 5:22pm On Apr 10, 2021
lionlee216:
I listen to his music everyday. You need my attention, play me dmx songs and you got me.

I love

Look tru my eyes
Damien
Dogs for life
The Professional
Here we go again
How's its going down.

The Professional is a master piece of a song. Reeks of great word play and lyrical dexterity
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by lillyontop(m): 5:28pm On Apr 10, 2021
I swear to God I am missing him like I missed a family when I am having a rough patch I just listen to slippin, when I feel the world is against me I listen to ready to with him I don't feel there's no song he sang that doesn't have an effect on my personal life cos growing my elder listen to him more and pray more like him..... Angel of the east
Angel of the south
Angel of the north and
West guard him through to meet his creator
Favourite word
Guns don't kill people, people kill people
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Richthekid: 6:45pm On Apr 10, 2021
My best songs remains

Look thru my eyes

Slippin
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by ZeusP(m): 8:35pm On Apr 10, 2021
Rest in peace,u are a true mentor!!!
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by chigoziri2403(m): 8:57pm On Apr 10, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
I grew up in Onitsha, why asking?
your analysis suits where I grew up too
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:17pm On Apr 10, 2021
chigoziri2403:
your analysis suits where I grew up too
Which part of Onitsha?
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by OyinO: 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2021
"Be careful of the people who wanna see you up, but when the time comes, wanna see you down."

"If the dog's in the ring, the dog's gonna bark; if the dog's gonna bark, the dog's gonna fight."

GrandMa Mary Ella Holloway.

I used to mime his songs and till tomorrow, I still do.
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Truthwords: 10:05pm On Apr 10, 2021
He died from Covid_19 vaccines as confirmed by his family members. Check this post https://www.nairaland.com/6481982/covid-19-vaccine-victims-compilation#100680517
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by OyinO: 10:06pm On Apr 10, 2021
I was a die-hard fan of Dark Man X who idolised him more than any other person alive but I realised,

He prayed and asked for forgiveness in most of his Prayers like Prayer III "Lord Jesus it is you who wakes me up everyday, and I'm forever grateful for your love, this is why I pray..."
In one song, he's praying but in the next song, it's bitches and dogs, thugs and Bleep and sucking dick.
Then I came across American system turning the Black Americans into sociopaths. Then I saw it all. They were paid as tools to turn young black men into thugs, perverts, sociopaths, etc.

Rest in Peace Dear Dark Man X
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by harmony75: 11:19pm On Apr 10, 2021
rest in peace DMX ❤❤❤
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by oseiwe(m): 11:56pm On Apr 10, 2021
Beremx:
Good old memories grin
2000s actually
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by 2loadedguy: 1:41am On Apr 11, 2021
ltsng:
X was the deal. He got people weeping in concerts (like MJ) when reciting his prayers. His music touched the depths of his fans' soul cos his story was relatable to a lot of them.

His voice and delivery are so unique they can't be missed and he remains one of the best storytelling rapper ever.

His real fans appreciate his uncelebrated tracks more;
I can feel it (Phil Collins adaptation)
Coming from ft. Mary J. Bilge
Make a move
The Professional
Here we go again
Angel
Damien series to mention a few

May not have lived a clean life all the way but he loved God and Jesus and was shamelessly open about it.

Adieu God's poet #dmx

Ps. Does anyone remember when he visited Nigeria and had an altercation with Eedris Abdul Kareem?
It was 50cents that had beef with Eedris and not DMX. I think Eedris was trying to protest the preferential treatment given to the foreign artistes back then. The event was organized by star larger beer annually back then. Those good old days I really missed it.
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by NaMe4: 5:26am On Apr 11, 2021
ltsng:
X was the deal. He got people weeping in concerts (like MJ) when reciting his prayers. His music touched the depths of his fans' soul cos his story was relatable to a lot of them.

His voice and delivery are so unique they can't be missed and he remains one of the best storytelling rapper ever.

His real fans appreciate his uncelebrated tracks more;
I can feel it (Phil Collins adaptation)
Coming from ft. Mary J. Bilge
Make a move
The Professional
Here we go again
Angel
Damien series to mention a few

May not have lived a clean life all the way but he loved God and Jesus and was shamelessly open about it.

Adieu God's poet #dmx

Ps. Does anyone remember when he visited Nigeria and had an altercation with Eedris Abdul Kareem?

I think it was 50 cent who had an altercation with Eedris.
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by NaMe4: 5:35am On Apr 11, 2021
i926:
Let Me Fly
Stop Being Greedy
Slipin
My Niggaz (Skit)
For My Dogs
Damien
Look Through My Eyes
Flesh of my flesh, blood of my blood
Who We Be
Trina Moe
Prayer III
How It Going Down
Coming for you
Here We go Again
What these b****** want
Whats my name?
Get it on the floor
Party Up
No more love me
Changes (Remix) feat Pac
The Combo
Damien III

I have been listening to DMX since I was 15 years old. His verzuz battle with Snoop on IG still remains the best verzuz ever.

Lovely songs there. One of my favorite artistes of all time.

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by Damianwest19: 6:21am On Apr 11, 2021
lionlee216:

I love

Look tru my eyes
Damien
Dogs for life
The Professional
Here we go again
How's its going down.

You are indeed a true Hip-hop head .You listed the good tracks that most people are not familiar with. eg the professional
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by armadeo(m): 8:08am On Apr 11, 2021
ruffDiamond:
I mean to say MC Lyte

mc lyte. She released ruff neck some years before allen avenue though.
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by IRODANOSA(m): 10:51am On Apr 11, 2021
sean079:

Not really drugs per say but depression got hold of him making him to indulge more in hard drugs. DMX sees himself as failure when you look at his achievements in music industry and where he was before his demise in comparison with his comtemporary then like Jay z, Nas even those guys ain't up to his exploit then but you see them today they are high up there.

He made that mistake of giving everything in him to record label when he should have planned his exit after one or two good album or better get his own label and management team. under the parent label, sign one or more artist on his label just like what wizkid, olamide, Davido are doing today.
Spot on.
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by SamgoldBaba: 1:42pm On Apr 11, 2021
Beremx:
Good old memories grin

Why do you say that? Ain't you living the presence?
Re: Throw Back: Most Memorable DMX Hit Songs(Pics/Video) by johnbush(m): 6:21pm On Apr 11, 2021
OyinO:
I was a die-hard fan of Dark Man X who idolised him more than any other person alive but I realised,

He prayed and asked for forgiveness in most of his Prayers like Prayer III "Lord Jesus it is you who wakes me up everyday, and I'm forever grateful for your love, this is why I pray..."
In one song, he's praying but in the next song, it's bitches and dogs, thugs and Bleep and sucking dick.
Then I came across American system turning the Black Americans into sociopaths. Then I saw it all. They were paid as tools to turn young black men into thugs, perverts, sociopaths, etc.

Rest in Peace Dear Dark Man X

oh, helpless, naive black people. always being manipulated and controlled by other races. blacks must be sub human to be so victimized. but excuses, excuses, is all I hear.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Davido's FALL Is Now The Most Viewed Nigerian Music Video On Youtube / 'Logo Benz' Lyrics By Lil Kesh Ft. Olamide / Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.