Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

How Will You Know Your Sins Are Forgiven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Will You Know Your Sins Are Forgiven? (1849 Views)

How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? / Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. / All Sins Are Equal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will You Know Your Sins Are Forgiven? by vincent10(m): 12:21pm On Apr 19, 2011
Pls house. How can someone know when his sins are forgiven
Re: How Will You Know Your Sins Are Forgiven? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:15pm On Apr 19, 2011
Yes -very easy Text AMIFORGIVEN [/b]to [b]666 [/b]and you will receive a message [b]HELL NO (Not Forgiven) or TRY AGAIN it works for all networks wink
Re: How Will You Know Your Sins Are Forgiven? by vincent10(m): 5:52pm On Apr 19, 2011
Yes -very easy Text AMIFORGIVEN [/b]to [b]666 [/b]and you will receive a message [b]HELL NO (Not Forgiven) or TRY AGAIN it works for all networks wink
[quote][/quote]

I am serious about my question.
Re: How Will You Know Your Sins Are Forgiven? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:05pm On Apr 19, 2011
Have Faith, Read and Understand

JESUS 101

John 1:9, 10.—"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar,"

Acts 13:38 "Therefore, my brothers, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you.

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

Colossians 2:13 [/b]When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

[b]Isaiah 38:17
Surely it was for my benefit that I suffered such anguish. In your love you kept me from the pit of destruction; you have put all my sins behind your back.

Forgiveness is received and not gotten. You don't get your sins forgiven. Your sins have already been forgiven. the only basis for the forgiveness of sin is the Death of Jesus. You are not forgiven because you repent, do penance, make restitution, observe religious ceremonies and rituals or do work of any kind. Forgiveness is not based upon an act of yours but upon the work of God through Christ by grace. God will still hold you accountable for your Sins though wink (You Reap What You Sow)

The first step is not a Leap of Faith but a shuffle, Doubt itself is a sign of Faith in the wrong direction. Jesus paid the price for your Sins, Shame and Doubt is the only thing hindering you from receiving your forgiveness
Re: How Will You Know Your Sins Are Forgiven? by Joagbaje(m): 10:31pm On Apr 19, 2011
Forgiveness is not on Gods part. He has forgiven. It's on your part to recieve forgiveness by faith. Believe youre forgiven . That's all.
Re: How Will You Know Your Sins Are Forgiven? by yommyuk: 11:05pm On Apr 19, 2011
vincent_09:

Pls house. How can someone know when his sins are forgiven

Psalms 51:17

The scarifice you desire is a broken spirit.
You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God

Repent of your sins and have faith that God will never reject you. wink
Re: How Will You Know Your Sins Are Forgiven? by newmi(m): 1:17am On Apr 20, 2011
Acts 13:38 (WNT)
"Understand therefore, brethren, that through this Jesus forgiveness of sins is announced to you"
Forgiveness is only possible in Christ Jesus- Romans 4:25 "Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification"
So when a man comes to that point his life where he declares his trust and believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus and being of personal relevance to him then at that self same moment he is forgiven and he recieved that forgiveness by faith.
Romans 5:1(KJV)
"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God throughour Lord Jesus Christ"
(WNT)
"Standing then acquitted as the result of faith, let us enjoy peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ"

You RECEIVE FORGIVENESS by FAITH thus you know that you have BEEN FORGIVEN by FAITH
Re: How Will You Know Your Sins Are Forgiven? by vincent10(m): 1:32pm On May 16, 2011
@all thanks.
Now I believe the power of simple faith.
Just that conscience will make someone to be in doubt.
Re: How Will You Know Your Sins Are Forgiven? by Uwakuwak(f): 8:37pm On Jun 24, 2013
Good point
Re: How Will You Know Your Sins Are Forgiven? by alexleo(m): 9:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
vincent_09: Pls house. How can someone know when his sins are forgiven

Reject your sins totally by confessing them to God sincerely with a heart that is not ready to continue in any of them any longer.
Ask God to forgive you so that you can live a holy life and your name written in the book of life.
Have faith in God that he is hearing you and that he is "a rewarder of them that deligently seek him"
When you are forgiven you ll feel the tremendous joy of salvation in your heart and the spirit of God will bear witness with your spirit in your heart that you are saved.
It comes with so much joy because you have been transformed, your burden of sin has been removed, your name has been written in the book of life, you are set free from the bondage of sin. Its a wonderful experience. You will notice from then onward that those sinful things you use to enjoy doing before, you will no more have pleasure in them.
It doesnt take time for God to save a soul, It only takes faith in God and sincerity while praying

(1) (Reply)

Oyedepo, Others To Be Exposed Soon! / Do I Still Have To Pay Tithe Even Tho I Dont Have A Job? / Why Do You Believe In What You Believe In???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.