Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,446 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash (17103 Views)

Female Soldiers Deployed To Anambra To Restore Normalcy. / Ugwuanyi Turns Back 100 Vehicles At Enugu-Ebonyi Boundary / Interstate Lockdown: Ugwuanyi Monitors Enugu-Ebonyi Boundary (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 12, 2021
PREVIOUS THREAD:
https://www.nairaland.com/6502653/suspected-fulani-herdsmen-attack-ngbo#100720182

Armed soldiers are presently engaging some unknown gunmen at Ebele village in Ngbo, Ohaukwu Local government area of Ebonyi State, Daily Trust has learnt.

It is suspected to be in direction of Agila community in Benue state which shares a common boundary with Ngbo in Ohaukwu local government area of Ebonyi state.

Ngbo and Agila communities have been locked in boundary dispute for decades.

Many have been killed and properties destroyed in recurring clashes between both communities.

Casualty figures from the ongoing engagement are not clear yet.

When contacted by Daily Trust at about 12:20 noon on Monday, Ebonyi state commissioner for Internal security and Border Peace, Stanley Okoro Emegha, confirmed the attack.

“We have not gotten the exact number of persons killed if any or those wounded because the security operatives who were dispatched to the area are still there engaging the attackers.

“But we suspect that the attackers were not herdsmen but Agila people from Benue, and you know that our people have been having boundary dispute with them.

“So, there is no figure yet from them, so wait till then,” he said.

However, the state commissioner of police Aliyu Garba told journalists that he has drafted his men to the area to forestall any break of law and order.

SOURCE

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by madridguy(m): 3:10pm On Apr 12, 2021
The FG should look for a good solution to the communal clashes and stop taking soldiers here and there. Many issues are best resolved on a round table.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by Dton339: 3:10pm On Apr 12, 2021
So tired of this country at the moment

Anyway, Please I will Design a Professional Logo or Company Letterhead for your Product or Company for 2k Only.
Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by chatinent: 3:12pm On Apr 12, 2021
Ok o
Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by triple996(m): 3:13pm On Apr 12, 2021
pls allow igbos to finish themselves. grin

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by Elonmuskfan: 3:45pm On Apr 12, 2021
madridguy:
The FG should look for a good solution to the communal clashes and stop taking soldiers here and there. Many issues are best resolved on a round table.

The boundary fight between ebonyi village boundary and the benue state village boundary had gone on even before i was born.

How a federal government charged with boundary demarcation can not call representatives of both state governments to sit them down and re-adjust their boundaries to ensure peace, baffles me.

Traditional and religious/spiritual leaders alongside state government representatives of both boundary should meet with FG and sort this out

Enough of bloodshed and unnecessary deployment of military all the time, if truly it is boundary fight.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by Elonmuskfan: 3:45pm On Apr 12, 2021
triple996:
its not igbo to igbo. It’s actually north central to igbo

10 Likes

Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by Prodigee: 5:10pm On Apr 12, 2021
What people fail to realise or accept is that most most these perceived ethnic unrests are politically motivated. In the Nigerian clime, there is always a political undertone.

On another note: yeebos what's happening these days na? E be like say una wan dey compete with abokees!
Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by espn(m): 5:10pm On Apr 12, 2021
Okay
Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by fourboys: 5:10pm On Apr 12, 2021
FG should find solution to this before it gets out of hand
Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by EmekaBlue(m): 5:10pm On Apr 12, 2021
Soldiers!

I heard the ones at ebonyi have all ran for their lives... Begging widows in the village to hide under their bed

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 12, 2021
Agila community. Close to the border with Ebony State. That IS my village. I haven't been there in almost 20 years. People are wary of even visiting because of this crisis. Hopefully it is solved once and for all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by Jossyroyal1: 5:11pm On Apr 12, 2021
The people ruling us has no clue how to govern.

These are basic problem how it has become a rocket science still baffles me

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by Sammy07: 5:13pm On Apr 12, 2021
Someone7:
Agila community. Close to the border with Ebony State. That IS my village. I haven't been there in almost 20 years. People are wary of even visiting because of this crisis. Hopefully it is solved once and for all

You're in which state now?

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by Greghz56: 5:14pm On Apr 12, 2021
If you want to become a blogger and you don't know how to build a blog, I will build it for you for Ten thousand naira only.

Call this number : 0 8 0 6 5 4 1 1 5 4 4
Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by Adedotguy: 5:14pm On Apr 12, 2021
sad
Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by Splendor4(m): 5:14pm On Apr 12, 2021
Chai... I shake my head
Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 12, 2021
Good

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by Donchieli: 5:14pm On Apr 12, 2021
Communal clash for 9ja be lyk ewedu and amala

Inseparable
Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by Baawaa(m): 5:15pm On Apr 12, 2021
They should not finished themselves before Nigeria break
Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by funkybroyouknow: 5:15pm On Apr 12, 2021
[s]
triple996:
[/s]

7 Likes

Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by bigdammyj: 5:16pm On Apr 12, 2021
Noted
Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by Coldie(m): 5:16pm On Apr 12, 2021
Everyday bad news
Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by visijo(m): 5:16pm On Apr 12, 2021
Oh. By the time you buy a car they will be wanting those with private jets.. My brother life can be evil ��
Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by helinues: 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2021
Na war oo
Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by alasane: 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2021
EmekaBlue:
Soldiers!

I heard the ones at ebonyi have all ran for their lives... Begging widows in the village to hide under their bed

and they want BIAFRA, just common boundary within themselves abi na Fulani herdsmen still cause am?

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by Simplythebest: 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2021
This Ebonyi commissioner has concluded that is not herdsmen when he is not there and they security men are still encouraging them. I really don't understand all this things is very annoying.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by Militant30: 5:18pm On Apr 12, 2021
g
Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by israelmao(m): 5:19pm On Apr 12, 2021
Igbos versus Tiv and others

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash by Tonyspecial(m): 5:20pm On Apr 12, 2021
T

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bitumen Shipment To Nigeria By Geneva Energy Firm Commences / On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? / Osinbajo In Abidjan For Swearing-In Of Adesina, As AFDB President (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.