Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,961 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor (11251 Views)

Communual Clash In Ebonyi Community Claims Over 17 Lives (Graphic Photos) / Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Community, Rob Filling Station, Businesses / Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by Doraty1(f): 8:31pm On Apr 12, 2021
The Ebonyi State government has said the attack on the people of Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo Community in Ohaukwu Local Government Area of the State, in the early hours of Monday, was not carried out by Fulani herdsmen.

DAILY POST had reported that attackers started shooting sporadically in the community, killing at least four persons.

Reacting, Mr Monday Uzor, Press Secretary to the Deputy Governor, Dr Kelechi Igwe, in a statement released to newsmen said preliminary investigations showed that the attack was not carried out by Fulani herdsmen as being speculated in different quarters.

“Ebonyi State Government has received with dismay violent attack on the people of Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo Community in Ohaukwu Local Government Area of the state in the early hours of Monday.

“Preliminary investigations showed that the attack was not carried out by Fulani herdsmen as being speculated in different quarters.

“The Government of Ebonyi State is in touch with the leadership of the Fulani herdsmen (Miyetti Allah) who denied involvement in the attack.

“Also, the leadership of the Fulani herdsmen has assured Government and people of Ebonyi State that they will not on any account perpetrate an attack on any part of the state.

“Moreso, the recent attack on Ngbo is linked to the age-long crisis between the community and their Agila neighbours of Benue State.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/04/12/attack-on-ebonyi-community-not-by-fulani-herdsmen-deputy-governor/?amp&__twitter_impression=true

3 Likes

Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by Nigeriabiafra82: 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2021
and umahi source is miyetti Allah,is that how they are going to operate the ebube nkita outfit
Instead of deploying security men he is busy asking Miyetti Allah if he was aware of the attack

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:35pm On Apr 12, 2021
This Umahi is sick!! Did he expect the Miyetti Allah terrorists to own up to the attack?
Anyway thank God the ESN stood up to them

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by donbachi(m): 8:36pm On Apr 12, 2021
VisionforGod:
So who did??
eboylani herdsmen

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by Fahdiga(m): 8:38pm On Apr 12, 2021
A slave will always defend his master no matter what. fool

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by helinues: 8:39pm On Apr 12, 2021
Then who carried out the attack? undecided

1 Like

Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by Omoslim26: 8:39pm On Apr 12, 2021
Nwokem we know this already, don't bother your head over someone who is dying in pain that his militant sect was not and can never be accepted as the regional security outfit for Ala Igbo.

Focus your energy and mind on how to tackle the situation at hand, and increase your security intelligence, to uproot trouble makers in your midst.

4 Likes

Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by helinues: 8:40pm On Apr 12, 2021
PaChukwudi44:
This Umahi is sick!! Did he expect the Miyetti Allah terrorists to own up to the attack?

Do you know more better than the Deputy governor? Or perhaps you have evidence of those who are behind it?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by Penguin2: 8:41pm On Apr 12, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

Don’t just open your mouth waaaah and dabble what you don’t know about in a public forum.

That part of Ebonyi has been in constant border clashes with Benue people who are their neighbors in that region.

The fighting has been there for long.

When I read the news of Bandits attacking that place, I had my doubts because I knew it was possibly those from Benue that attacked them and not Fulani herdsmen but I wanted to get facts before reacting.

If you are informed enough, you will recall when the two state govts raised a combined team of peace negotiators only for Ebonyi team to fall under attack on their way to Benue for the meeting.

So next time, ask to be informed before you talk.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by helinues: 8:43pm On Apr 12, 2021
Fahdiga:

It seems like you guys always have your own version of every news... undecided

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by qualityalone: 8:43pm On Apr 12, 2021
Then who did..... Thats just the problem, they are always trying to please their fulani masters.... May UGM visit that man and his cohorts

1 Like

Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by Golan007: 8:45pm On Apr 12, 2021
Ibos killing ibos.

Not good.

5 Likes

Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by tit(f): 8:46pm On Apr 12, 2021
helinues:

Do you know more better than the Deputy governor? Or perhaps you have evidence of those who are behind it?

I sure say na you dey tell the governor when fulani attack and when they did not.

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by helinues: 8:47pm On Apr 12, 2021
tit:

I sure say na you dey tell the governor when fulani attack and when they did not.

Incoherent

7 Likes

Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by Heliveth: 8:50pm On Apr 12, 2021
They the prime suspect
Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by Penguin2: 8:53pm On Apr 12, 2021
Fahdiga:

No, Fahdiga.

That part of Ebonyi has had constant border clashes with their Benue neighbors since time immemorial.

They were likely attacked by Benue militias and not Fulani herdsmen.

Let’s not blame the Fulanis when they are not guilty.

That’s why we are educated; to separate facts from fiction, and enthrone reason over sentiments.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by FatherOfJesus: 8:54pm On Apr 12, 2021
Southeast should start stoning their governors to death

3 Likes

Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by Fahdiga(m): 10:08pm On Apr 12, 2021
Penguin2:

No, Fahdiga.

That part of Ebonyi has had constant border clashes with their Benue neighbors since time immemorial.

They were likely attacked by Benue militias and not Fulani herdsmen.

Let’s not blame the Fulanis when they are not guilty.

That’s why we are educated; to separate facts from fiction, and enthrone reason over sentiments.
I understand you bro but do you have any evidence to prove that they were attacked by Benue militias?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by Fahdiga(m): 10:11pm On Apr 12, 2021
helinues:

It seems like you guys always have your own version of every news... undecided
You are one of those people that I'm referring to with my initial post. I don't expect you to admit it was done by the Fulanis. you must defend them even if it will cost your life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by Notasyouthink: 10:23pm On Apr 12, 2021
Fahdiga:
You are one of those people that I'm referring to with my initial post. I don't expect you to admit it was done by the Fulanis. you must defend them even if it will cost your life
Just like the way he defended them during lekki massacre.
That helinues is surely working for them.

1 Like

Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by Fahdiga(m): 10:36pm On Apr 12, 2021
Notasyouthink:
Just like the way he defended them during lekki massacre.
That helinues is surely working for them.
He is cheap. all this just for a few shekels

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by Anaerobi(m): 10:50am On Apr 13, 2021
hmmmm

this people eh.
Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by Anaerobi(m): 10:51am On Apr 13, 2021
hmmmm

this people eh.
Re: Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor by gambia(m): 10:51am On Apr 13, 2021
So can you tell us who did it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Implement Telecoms, Beverage Taxes In 2023 / Youths Protest, Demand Speakership For North Central (Photos) / Convention: APC Pegs Chairmanship Forms At ₦20m, Deputy At ₦10m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.