Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi (18536 Views)

Video Of People Paid To Attend A Rally Was Not APC But A LP Bus (Picture) / Attack On Ebonyi Community Not By Fulani Herdsmen– Kelechi Igwe, Deputy Governor / Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by ijustdey: 7:46pm On Jan 01, 2021
“So we are declaring that you must contest the 2023 presidential election,” Mr. Igwe said.

Ebonyi deputy governor, Kelechi Igwe said it was tough deciding to cross over to the APC with the governor, Dave Umahi because he, as well as many other government officials did not like the ruling party.

Leading other state executive members to pay a Christmas homage to the governor in his Uburu, Ohaozara Local Government Area country home on Tuesday, Mr. Igwe recounted how they foot-dragged on the decision but had limited time to make widespread consultation.

“When you announced that it was time to move on, a lot of us were foot-dragging, wanting to make consultations but at the end, decided to move with you,” NAN quoted Mr. Igwe to have said.

“I must confess that some of us didn’t like the APC but decided to join it because of you, so we are declaring that you must contest the 2023 presidential election.”

Responding, Mr. Umahi advised his visitors to continue to remain loyal to his administration and not indulge in any acts of betrayal, in spite of the circumstance.

The governor pleaded with the executive members to continue to stay steadfast with him though “there is a Judas in every 12.”

He said unstable politicians are never taken seriously. He also reiterated that the APC is the party where Igbos can “property evaluate” themselves.

Mr. Umahi was twice elected on the platform of opposition PDP but defected from the party in November, citing “injustice being done to South-East by the PDP.”

Though he has denied it, many believes the Ebonyi governor defected to the APC to realise his presidential ambition.

https://peoplesgazette.com/2023-we-didnt-like-apc-but-we-had-to-follow-umahi-ebonyi-dep-gov-igwe/

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by Charmingrascal(m): 7:54pm On Jan 01, 2021
Resign if you have any integrity left in you

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 01, 2021
Ok
Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by Mysticwebb: 7:56pm On Jan 01, 2021
You see how these people think that everyone is their Zombie.
From day one we know he wants to contest for the seat of the president, so stop making it look like you people are the ones urging him to contest.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by extol1(m): 8:03pm On Jan 01, 2021
Charmingrascal:

Nigerians don't resign from a position. it is either they are sacked or die in service even if they are unfit probably as a result of health challenges

12 Likes

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by Mokason288(m): 8:12pm On Jan 01, 2021
I understand you bro no body likes the ruling party

Even the First Lady of Nigeria, Aisha Buhari doesn’t like the demonic Fulani party because it’s filled with lies and deception

We understand man must wack so you had to do, what you have to do

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by Mokason288(m): 8:12pm On Jan 01, 2021
Charmingrascal:

If it’s you ... will you Resign?

If he was your elder brother will you advise him to resign?

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by Okoroawusa: 8:13pm On Jan 01, 2021
Charmingrascal:

So why didn't the deputy governor of Edo resign when Obaseki defected?

Hypocrites!

13 Likes

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by Abilistic(m): 8:16pm On Jan 01, 2021
Good move grin

You don't need to like the lieing party before you join then, just move!

Our darling daddy has given Nigerians CHANGE they ask for, we entered NEXT LEVEL of change while waiting for UPPER LEVEL!

Chai baba

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by Charmingrascal(m): 8:16pm On Jan 01, 2021
Mokason288:

If it’s you ... will you Resign?

If he was your father will you advise him to resign?

When you see a child with no regard for his or her parents you will surely know.

Your thinking faculty is not functioning I wouldn't join words with you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by Emu4life(m): 8:17pm On Jan 01, 2021
That`s Nigerian politicians for you, no integrity and no party loyalty. Infact, no direction.

3 Likes

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by RuddyFusion(m): 8:17pm On Jan 01, 2021
Still PDP at soul

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by Jackson105: 8:18pm On Jan 01, 2021
Umahi APC presidency is dead on Arrival

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by valentinenkem: 8:18pm On Jan 01, 2021
Foolish dupty governor

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by Mokason288(m): 8:18pm On Jan 01, 2021
Charmingrascal:

When you see a child with no regard for his or her parents you will surely know.

No offense ment bro ... it was a harmless question
I have Rephrased my question

3 Likes

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by asobo: 8:18pm On Jan 01, 2021
Okoroawusa:

So why didn't the deputy governor of Edo resign when Obaseki defected?

Hypocrites!
The circumstances which led to their individual decamping was different. So your question about Obaseki's deputy doesn't hold water.

NB: I don't hold political decampees in high esteem

6 Likes

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by AbijaJ: 8:18pm On Jan 01, 2021
He is just saying the truth. Most igbos can't bring themselves to like APC. Igbo hatred for APC comes naturally, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Not even with an igbo Presidential candidate. It is what it is. undecided

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by zeusdgrt(m): 8:19pm On Jan 01, 2021
K
Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 01, 2021
Nice...

“I must confess that some of us didn’t like the APC but decided to join it because of you, so we are declaring that you must contest the 2023 presidential election.”

Governor Dave Umahi has my support! He'll make a great President!

Nigeria is blessed!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by Patrioticman007(m): 8:20pm On Jan 01, 2021
What a fact check, He who pays the piper dictates the Tone. Moreover nothing last forever, APC will dance its Zanku dance & go, just like Papa Deceive Pikin (PDP) did it Galala dance & left in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by Topmaike007(m): 8:20pm On Jan 01, 2021
Okay
Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by chukwuibuipob: 8:21pm On Jan 01, 2021
grin PYO = President
Zulum= V.President
Dave Umahi= Senate President

cool grin cheesy smiley

5 Likes

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by AsomughaChuks05: 8:21pm On Jan 01, 2021
Dave Umahi joined APC just to help his friend Arthur Eze capture Anambra state for his boys in the governorship election later this year but Anambra people are waiting to disappoint them as usual.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by dahnimoh(m): 8:21pm On Jan 01, 2021
"Anywhere belle face" type of politicians.

No political ideology
Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by flimzy24: 8:22pm On Jan 01, 2021

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by Okoroawusa: 8:23pm On Jan 01, 2021
asobo:
The circumstances which led to their individual decamping was different. So your question about Obaseki's deputy doesn't hold water.

NB: I don't hold political decampees in high esteem
Akuko!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by Lawsaite: 8:23pm On Jan 01, 2021
Charmingrascal:

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by ElukuGabari: 8:23pm On Jan 01, 2021
It's compulsory for you to do follow follow in all your life �

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by Coronavirus84: 8:24pm On Jan 01, 2021
May God punish this ikwo man in Jesus mighty name
Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by EBEk101(m): 8:25pm On Jan 01, 2021
see talk, is like saying someone slept with my wife but ai gat no choice can to forgive him cause am impotent
Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by asobo: 8:25pm On Jan 01, 2021
Jackson105:
Umahi APC presidency is dead on Arrival
If there is anything more than dead. He is just fooling himself

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Igwe: We Didn’t Like APC But We Had To Follow Umahi by mainkendo: 8:25pm On Jan 01, 2021
cool. People like Dave Umahi is what Nigeria needs. People that think outside the box. people that have reputation to stake. People that vow to turn things around. The president in the making. God will uphold this wish.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu & Fashola In Fresh War / Presidential Poll: INEC Credited Invalid Votes To Buhari, Atiku Tells Tribunal / Policemen, Immigration Officers Exchange Fire Over Ownership Of Outpost In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.