Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

$1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay (11112 Views)

PH Refinery: Community Disputes, Spare Parts Mismatch Threaten Dec Target / Nigerians Won't Bother About A Muslim/muslim Ticket - Bashir Ahmad Tells Tinubu / Arewa Youths To FG: If Nnamdi Kanu Escapes Again, Nigerians Will Be Angry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

$1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by bolaayenimo: 3:53pm On Apr 13, 2021
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

LAGOS – Nigerians will come hard on the federal government, especially Timipre Sylva, Minister of State for Petroleum, if the Port Harcourt refinery fails to deliver at optimal capacity after $1.5 billion is spent on its rehabilitation.

Professor Itse Sagay SAN, Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), who disclosed this in an exclusive interview with DAILY INDEPENDENT said he was shocked when he heard the refinery will be repaired with $1.5billion.

According to him, he believed that Nigeria can get a brand new refinery with $1.5billion rather than spending the huge sum on the Port Harcourt refinery, which is more of a scrap.

While praying for the refinery to function effectively just the way the Minister has promised, Sagay said Nigerians may even call for his prosecution if the refinery fails.

He said, “I want to take refuge in my ignorance because I was shocked when I heard the amount to be used in repairing the refinery. $1.5 billion just to repair? Honestly, I was shocked".
“I thought we could get a brand new, excellent refinery with that money. I also listened to the Minister of State for Petroleum and others who are in support, telling us that the whole refinery will be totally overhauled and what we are going to get after the repair will be as a brand as new at the rate of 90 per cent. I pray for their sake that it is true.

“If after that huge sum of money had been spent on revamping it and then production commences and it becomes epileptic, I don’t think they will be able to survive the barrage of attacks that will be landing on them. In fact, it will be more than that because people will call for them to be prosecuted for misleading the public and investing so much amount of money on the refinery.

“Why I’m not worried so much is that we have a cabinet which holds a weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting of about 50 to 60 people. If they are able to carry all those people, maybe they must have made some cogent points. That is the way I comfort myself. We will just wait for the next three to four years whether they will be proven right or not.

“I pray for their sakes that they are proved correctly that we are going to have a refinery that is brand new, even though it is an old one that is fixed. What they are telling us is that this is not turnaround maintenance, but total rebuilding.

“I’ve also read the opinion of some people who said instead of repairing the refinery, why can’t they sell it in the present state and then allow the buyers to repair it themselves?

“I think that is being too clever because who will now want to pay $1.5 billion or more for a refinery that they know was scrap before and someone has just tried to fix? I think it is better for him to aim to be able to produce the 90 percent capacity and produce with it for about five years without question.

“Otherwise, I don’t think he is going to have any peace on this matter. The money is just too much. $1.5 billion is a huge sum of money. We are not talking of N300 million which they used for their turn around. $1.5 billion is a huge sum. So, I pray for his sake that all they have promised will come to pass,” he said.

Recall that Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) said that the country does not have the financial muscle now to build a new refinery going by the economic situation of the country.

Mele Kyari, NNPC Group Managing Director, disclosed this said building a new refinery now would cost the country about $10 billion which is far beyond the $1.5 billion earmarked for the rehabilitation of the Port Harcourt refinery.
https://www.independent.ng/1-5bn-repair-nigerians-wont-forgive-fg-if-port-harcourt-refinery-fails-to-function-sagay/

2 Likes

Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by bolaayenimo: 3:57pm On Apr 13, 2021
Which repair? We know its 2023 election money nah should in case Jagagban no roja

20 Likes

Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by nairavsdollars(f): 4:02pm On Apr 13, 2021
who go buy this thing for that amount

2 Likes

Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by Sheuns(m): 4:04pm On Apr 13, 2021
Carry $1.5bn repair unproductive refinery. All these guys that cannot run a simple kiosk successfully for 3 years are the ones ruling us. Bunch of thieves.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by Ajibade123(m): 4:04pm On Apr 13, 2021
if they like spend 10billion on the repair it will still pack off after some years....abi no be Nigeria again??zero maintenance culture

if you interested in Canada, UK, Belarus work and study visa
package check my signature to be added to the gc.
Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by Cowpeaa: 4:04pm On Apr 13, 2021
C
Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by obembet(f): 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2021
Which of Nigerians?

I don't think any Normal Nigerian expect miracle from this administration

14 Likes

Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by melaniaup: 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2021
And if they don't forgive what will happen, Nigerians didn't forgive , yet corrupt officials are being elected into a better office than their previous

4 Likes

Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by helinues: 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2021
I have been reading this lyrics line it don tey ooo

grin
Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by BigSarah(f): 4:06pm On Apr 13, 2021
Lol, if Majority of Nigerians can forgive a certain individual despite his atrocities in 1983 and reinforce him twice Abeg, Nigerians can forgive

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by Blackfire(m): 4:06pm On Apr 13, 2021
Just see what una campaigned and vote for in 2015/19...

Everyday bad news

4 Likes

Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by mrdharkchild(m): 4:06pm On Apr 13, 2021
We know say d money go enter voice mail.
Them no really need our forgiveness.
They've been doing that recklessly and on our faces already. Stop stating the obvious.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by pickatyou1: 4:06pm On Apr 13, 2021
Who forgave them before.
Money wey dem wan loot to use rig 2023 election.

5 Likes

Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by fait10(m): 4:06pm On Apr 13, 2021
We will all forgive you. On behalf of all my nairalanders kiss kiss kiss. Buhari till 2027 grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by Grovemaster: 4:06pm On Apr 13, 2021
We know noting happens at the end of the day,the money is already on it's way to pockets of those they want to settle.

4 Likes

Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by MANDIPUTIN: 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2021
Nigeria won't forgive the government of APC led by Buhari

2 Likes

Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2021
Politicians have wasted more of the Country resources before, e no concern them.I just hope this one works.
Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by TruthHurts1(m): 4:08pm On Apr 13, 2021
Nigerians won't forgive Itse Sagay who we once believed was a legal master mind, for serving in the government of the worst and most inept leader this unfortunate country has ever produced. In a country renown for producing incompetent leaders, the dullard's capacity for stupidity is so strong that he has somehow managed to make all his predecessors look like Albert Einstein. For that feat alone he deserves a place in the Guiness Book of World Records.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by Awoleesu(m): 4:08pm On Apr 13, 2021
Nigerians will not forgive Buhari dai.
Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by davidodiba(m): 4:08pm On Apr 13, 2021
Well, Nigerians don't care anymore...no, not under this governmemt
Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by Bvlgari: 4:08pm On Apr 13, 2021
Nigerians will come hard on the federal government, especially[b] Timipre Sylva, Minister of State for Petroleum, [/b]if the Port Harcourt refinery fails to deliver at optimal capacity after $1.5 billion is spent on its rehabilitation.

Nigerians may even call for his prosecution if the refinery fails.

What of the main Minister of petroleum... buha.............

E name nor gree comot my mouth sef

And to think this is the Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) saying all this?? Smdh

9ja sha...everything is wrong with the country

3 Likes

Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 13, 2021
Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 13, 2021
Somebody should show me love abeg, its not an easy time to be a corps member after paying for accomodation and settling other expenses
first allawee finish 2.0.9.1.6.3.6.1.4.6 UBA... God bless any hand that gives
May God help this country
Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by praiseneo(m): 4:10pm On Apr 13, 2021
FG tell u say dem need forgiveness? grin

1 Like

Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by mechanics(m): 4:10pm On Apr 13, 2021
He's always saying the mind of Nigerians despite oppositions, I love him for that.
Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by bigdammyj: 4:11pm On Apr 13, 2021
Noted
Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by kingwonder: 4:11pm On Apr 13, 2021
It better work and work well.
Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by Axcoolgt: 4:12pm On Apr 13, 2021
Okay

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by 9icest: 4:12pm On Apr 13, 2021
It won’t work. This government will allow any financial impunity so far its committed by the Fulanis who have hijacked the nation. If you see the way these Fulani political billionaires are buying and building world class properties in Abuja and Dubai you will curse Buhari to his 100 millionth generation. That man and his families have finished this nation.
Re: $1.5Bn Repair: Nigerians Won't Forgive FG If PH Refinery Packs Up Again - Sagay by ogododo: 4:12pm On Apr 13, 2021
bolaayenimo:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/1-5bn-repair-nigerians-wont-forgive-fg-if-port-harcourt-refinery-fails-to-function-sagay/

This prof be bolo. Wetin de happen for Warri refinery with all the money!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Appeal Court Sacks ‘Kwankwaso-backed’ Kano PDP EXCO, Upholds Caretaker Committee / FG Files Tax Evasion Charges against Binance / Buhari Sokoto Rally - In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.