Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,685 members, 7,851,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:40 PM

Is It Social Anxiety Or An Illusion Of Introversion. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Social Anxiety Or An Illusion Of Introversion. (376 Views)

Introversion Vs Antisocial / The Illusion Of Beauty (dont Go Head Over Heels) / Introvert: Does Introversion Affects You Like This Too (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Social Anxiety Or An Illusion Of Introversion. by Observer20: 11:34pm On Apr 14, 2021
Yes, you read it right. Is it social social anxiety in the disguise of introversion?

You see I grew up not knowing what these two words actually mean( even up to my first year in college). I never knew I was shy until I got into college. When I got into college, I saw unfamiliar faces and being that I was in an unfamiliar territory, my anxiety flew threw the roof.

Two months down the line I joined the bandwagon of the so-called introverts. Not knowing what was really wrong, I just concluded that I was naturally quite ( note: I was quiet outside my hostel, but when in my hostel I am a live wire).

I would have a crush on someone and I wouldn't be able to even go 10 meters close to that person. Aside having a crush, I can't even request a pen from a female sitting close to me( yes it was that bad). I'll always feel this chocking down my throat whenever I tried to.

Long story short one thing led to another and I began to ask questions, and then i discovered I had social anxiety. I never really took any steps until my second year when I was humiliated by a female course mate for not being able to speak whenever there was a social gathering ( she is actually paranoid). That incident killed me and also set me up for better things. That was what actually led me to seek solutions to my issues and today I am 98% anxiety free( you can't totally get rid of anxiety, goanask).

So that brings me to those ones covering up their social anxiety with terms like introversion, feminism ( for the females), red pillers, migtow( men going their own way, and many other things. You can never actually eradicate social anxiety but there is a lot you can do to be more outspoken.

I am not your typical loud guy when am outside, but I can speak well for myself and I can speak up for what I want when I want it.

If you need help getting to the stage I am now( destroying social anxiety), I can assist you with self help materials and tips I used in freeing myself. No therapist no medications.
We will both remain anonymous I promise.

No one is actually an introvert, every one is noisy around the right set of people- unknown.
Re: Is It Social Anxiety Or An Illusion Of Introversion. by Observer20: 6:07am On Apr 15, 2021
wink

(1) (Reply)

6 Relationship Advice For Singles / Urgent ( She Says She Love Me, But I'm Shy) / Your Opinion Guys.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.