Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,146 members, 7,849,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:55 AM

FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April (10672 Views)

After Raising Hopes, Naira Depreciates Against The Dollar By 5.8% In April / Federal Government To Auction N100 Billion Bonds On March 27 / Dangote Announces Issuance Of ₦50 Billion Series 1 & 2 Under ₦ 150 Billion C.P (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by Ceyacap275: 1:50pm On Apr 15, 2021
Please permit me to educate a bit. This is not around 1% per year at all, It is far more.
The coupon to be paid annually is the interest rate associated with the bond at par (yes, that interest rate as a whole comes into your account every year).
It is at most times paid semi annually or quarterly.
The Capital is returned to you at the bond's maturity.
There is however a secondary market for bonds, so you can discount it and exit(if you wish).
For this particular issues, coming at this time, the major risk I can foresee is the interest rate risk.
In Finance, Bonds are described as risk-free Investments because at the worst of cases, the Government can print money when redemption time comes (except for the case of Greece in 2009).

PHPdeveloper200:
This is just slightly above 1% interest per year. Treasury bills no dey pay again. For those investing,how sure are you that Nigeria will remain one country at 2027?
Hi I am Clinton, a fullstack web developer. I develop complex custom websites for individuals and businesses. If you need a website that can send emails and SMS to your clients, integrate payment gateway API like paystack etc kindly WhatsApp me on 0;8;0;7;9;4;13;7;3;8 contact on my profile
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by Harrisonwo(m): 7:30pm On Apr 15, 2021
9jaRealist:

LEND me, not borrow me... grin grin grin
>

bro we no dey English class and ps person asked the meaning in lame man terms. Now go sort yourself out
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by AroOkigbo(m): 4:46am On Apr 16, 2021
channelstravel:
How can one buy na
You need at least #50.001m to participate. Get your form from DMO, fill and submit together with your evidence of payment.
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by DaniellaDokubo(f): 6:27pm On May 02, 2021
Ceyacap275:
Please permit me to educate a bit. This is not around 1% per year at all, It is far more.
The coupon to be paid annually is the interest rate associated with the bond at par (yes, that interest rate as a whole comes into your account every year).
It is at most times paid semi annually or quarterly.
The Capital is returned to you at the bond's maturity.
There is however a secondary market for bonds, so you can discount it and exit(if you wish).
For this particular issues, coming at this time, the major risk I can foresee is the interest rate risk.
In Finance, Bonds are described as risk-free Investments because at the worst of cases, the Government can print money when redemption time comes (except for the case of Greece in 2009).

How easy is it to liquidate FG Bonds in the secondary market. Kindly help with more information please.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wrong Attitudes That Undermine Your Chances Of Success In Business / Please Beware Paylater Is A Big Scam / Fire Near Relief Market, Onitsha, Market And Other Buildings At Risk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.