Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,537 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits (4602 Views)

It Seems As If The North Actually Has MORE Oil And Gas Deposits Than The South. / The Urgent Rush To Pipe Away The Vast Gas Deposits Of South East / How Nigeria ‘Accidentally’ Discovered 206trn Cubic Feet Gas Reserve – Sylva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by GodHatesBigots(m): 10:34pm On Apr 18, 2021
Serious efforts are being made to take out 100 million Nigerians out of the poverty level before the next decade, the federal government reiterated this commitment through the federal ministry of petroleum resources during a two day national gas expansion programme, (NGEP) in Owerri, Imo State.

Timipre Sylva, former governor of Bayelsa State, now Minister of State Petroleum Resources, said this at a 2-day programme of the NGEP organized by the Imo State government in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources .

“The programme is geared towards the implementation of Mr President’s promises to take 100 million Nigerians out of poverty in the coming decade by ensuring that locally produced as well as available, affordable and acceptable fuel is sufficiently supplied across the country,” he said.
According to him, Nigeria is richly endowed with mineral resources specifically crude oil and gas. He disclose that Imo State holds a substantial quantity of gas with over 200 trillion cubic feet and upsides of over 600 tcf, informing that gas is a catalyst for socio-economic renaissance .

Even as the year 2020 had already been declared a year of gas, heads of inauguration of committees on national gas expansion programmes was done on January 16, 2020 but the federal government has declared the year 2020 to 2030 as the decade of gas, he noted.

NGEP , according to him “is an initiative designed to reinforce and to expand gas supply as well as to stimulate demand in Nigeria, through the effective and efficiient mobilization and utilization of all facets of resources and infrastructure in Nigeria”.

NGEP will also promote the use of natural gas as the main energy source for sustained industrialiazation through the establishment of gas based industries, such as petrochemicals, fertilizers, pharmaceauticals , textiles, etc, he said, that the programme had already taken place in Ekiti and Anambra states.

Another objective of NGEP is that human capital will be developed and jobs will also be created in the gas subsector. And on the implementation strategy, he said, “while the year 2020 was dedicated to harmonious creation, the year 2021 and beyond is for programme implementation”.
He commended governor Hope Uzodinma for his commitment, passion and support for the programme and enjoined Imo residents to embrace the programme.

Governor Hope Uzodinma who spoke through the Speaker of the State House of Assembly Paul Emeziem, described the programme as that of change, loaded with cost, efficiency and sustainability alternatives among others.

The governor commended the federal government for initiating the programme adding that it is a progress in the area of development and civilization of mankind.

“The federal government has done its bit and it is a process of enhancement and our life process and it will create employment opportunity for our people” he stated, even as the programme attracted goodwill messages from a number of Imo state government officials.

https://www.businessamlive.com/imo-holds-over-200-trillion-cubic-feet-gas-deposits/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by edochie12: 10:41pm On Apr 18, 2021
So you people are eyeing our gas abi,after you have finish the oil in niger Delta,you can see us

8 Likes

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by GodHatesBigots(m): 10:44pm On Apr 18, 2021
edochie12:
So you people are eyeing our gas abi,after you have finish the oil in niger Delta,you can see us

I am from Owerri Imo State. This article was written to shame the idiots who say that Igbo land has no gas and oil.

Thanks.

30 Likes

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by BluDesk: 10:52pm On Apr 18, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

I am from Owerri Imo State. This article was written to shame the idiots who say that Igbo land has no gas and oil.

Thanks.

Don't be misinformed. There's oil or rather has been some amounts of oil in the south east that has been receiving allocations for the resources from the FG

Also, stop the allusion that igbos are hated because other tribes says there are some differences to some issues around us

Around 15/20. years back,i had theoritized that The geology of Coals availability in large quantity in the SE means more hydro carbons exists and in large quantities

My advice to the Igbos is to do what it takes to be the beneficiaries of your resources. Enough of Resource Wells being tapped by outside elements while the host communities suffers

More wins to the SE.

15 Likes

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by Conrod: 10:53pm On Apr 18, 2021
Meaning that imo \ southeast is the future,una go hear am for our hand.

10 Likes

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by BluDesk: 10:56pm On Apr 18, 2021
Conrod:
Meaning that imo \ southeast is the future,una go hear am for our hand.

That's not what it fully means.

Also take anything Timipriye Sylvia says with a pinch of salt

More importantly, there's Trillion cubic feet of gases in other areas

What worries me? Want to know. The Nigeria Gas Plan Project is designed to tap at industrial levels away from these regions. First to the north. But with an intent to tap towards Morocco, Algeria Northwards to transport to Europe

The details of this plan isn't fully clear. I'm worried for host communities. It's not an entirely good deal even for the SE if it's tapped this way and is another indicator for a perceived danger I believe would likely happen if it sees the light of the day

4 Likes

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by GodHatesBigots(m): 10:57pm On Apr 18, 2021
BluDesk:

What worries me? Want to know. The Nigeria Gas Plan Project is designed to tap at industrial levels away from these regions. First to the north. But with an intent to tap towards Morocco, Algeria Northwards to transport to Europe

The details of this plan isn't fully clear. I'm worried for hist communities.

This is a potential problem that may happen and cause mayhem. I don't think people will allow it happen.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by BluDesk: 10:59pm On Apr 18, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

This is a potential problem that may happen and cause mayhem. I don't think people will allow it happen.

Since the day I knew of that plan I've been crying internally. I wish people knew the holistic implications of this deals

If they want to sell gas to the benefit if society, let that pan clearly outline a developmental plan for the host communities otherwise they turn Southeast to Another Niger Delta. Milk your resources and give you stipends

8 Likes

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by PHPdeveloper200: 10:59pm On Apr 18, 2021
BluDesk:

Don't be misinformed. There's oil or rather has been some amounts of oil in the south east that has been receiving allocations for the resources from the FG

Also, stop the allusion that igbos are hated because other tribes says there are some differences to some issues around us

Around 15/20. years back,i had theoritized that The geology of Coals availability in large quantity in the SE means more hydro carbons exists and in large quantities

My advice to the Igbos is to do what it takes to be the beneficiaries of your resources. Enough of Resource Wells being tapped by outside elements while the host communities suffers

More wins to the SE.

are you same person as blue3k ?
Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by BluDesk: 11:00pm On Apr 18, 2021
PHPdeveloper200:

are you same person as blue3k ?

Na da. Beaten that own black blue in discussions so many times
Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by PHPdeveloper200: 11:06pm On Apr 18, 2021
BluDesk:

Na da. Beaten that own black blue in discussions so many times
ok because that guy is a mild chronic Igbo hater.

Back to the topic, I believe that what happened to the niger Delta won't happen to the south East especially now that there is an armed resistance in the region. Igbos are not a minority.

I suspect that the so called boundary adjustment going on in imo state in the name of recovering imo state oil Wells from Rivers State is an agenda to cede the oil and gas rich communities in imo state to Rivers State.

that was one of the earliest thing that the governor did immediately after his inauguration.
infact, that is why uzodinma was made the governor of imo state

1 Like

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by BluDesk: 11:14pm On Apr 18, 2021
PHPdeveloper200:

Back to the topic, I believe that what happened to the niger Delta won't happen to the south East especially now that is an armed resistance in the region. Igbos are not a minority.

I suspect that the boundary adjustment going on in imo state in the name of recovering imo state oil Wells from Rivers State is an agenda to cede the oil and gas rich communities in imo state to Rivers State.

that was one of the earliest thing that the governor did immediately after his inauguration.

Well. I laugh when clans, tribes, states fight over oil and gas. There's oil in my direct father's household and I turned from visiting them for a day

I believe there's a lot to live for. However, I will never agree to any deal that impoverished the people. The economic system where weather is taken from the state and given to oligarchs and millions of people would be suffering needs to be re evaluated. Even if the oligarch is from that state. It's hi Tim to empower the states and the state in turn empowers the people

If state controls say 20% of the resources on their domain, they will create jobs and pay well. Talking about 200,000 to 500,000 additional workers to its civil service.

This is a better strategy to build the people and the host community. Not all these nonsense I see where abokis own 87% oil Wells in regions that isn't theirs

Igbos stand up and protect your interests

10 Likes

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by PHPdeveloper200: 11:19pm On Apr 18, 2021
BluDesk:

Well. I laugh when clans, tribes, states fight over oil and gas. There's oil in my direct father's household and I turned from visiting them for a day

I believe there's a lot to live for. However, I will never agree to any deal that impoverished the people. The economic system where weather is taken from the state and given to oligarchs and millions of people would be suffering needs to be re evaluated. Even if the oligarch is from that state. It's hi Tim to empower the states and the state in turn empowers the people

If state controls say 20% of the resources on their domain, they will create jobs and pay well. Talking about 200,000 to 500,000 additional workers to its civil service.

This is a better strategy to build the people and the host community. Not all these nonsense I see where abokis own 87% oil Wells in regions that isn't theirs

Igbos stand up and protect your interests
definitely, igbos will protect their interest

3 Likes

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by jimi4us: 12:28am On Apr 19, 2021
Oh my Ala Igbo Amaka

2 Likes

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by GodHatesBigots(m): 9:41am On Apr 19, 2021
jimi4us:
Oh my Ala Igbo Amaka

Indeed
Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by OfoIgbo: 9:56am On Apr 19, 2021
BluDesk:

That's not what it fully means.

Also take anything Timipriye Sylvia says with a pinch of salt

More importantly, there's over 400 Trillion cubic feet of gases in other areas

The details of this plan isn't fully clear. I'm worried for host communities. It's not an entirely good deal even for the SE if it's tapped this way and is another indicator for a perceived danger I believe would likely happen if it sees the light of the day

I know that Anambra and Imo have the largest gas reserves in Nigeria.

So if Imo has about 200 tcf, Anambra will probably have something in the region of 100-200tcf.

Every other Igbo state and Igbo areas in the SS could have about 200 tcf combined.

What this means is that Igbos could possibly have about 550 tcf of gas. So basically 80-90% of Nigerian gas reserves could be found in Igbo territories. Now that's impressive. Just one ethnic group. Chineke!!!! What!!!

10 Likes

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by BluDesk: 10:07am On Apr 19, 2021
OfoIgbo:

I know that Anambra and Imo have the largest gas reserves in Nigeria.

So if Imo has about 200 tcf, Anambra will probably have something in the region of 100-200tcf.

Every other Igbo state and Igbo areas in the SS could have about 200 tcf combined.

What this means is that Igbos could possibly have about 550 tcf of gas. So basically 80-90% of Nigerian gas reserves could be found in Igbo territories. Now that's impressive. Just one ethnic group. Chineke!!!! What!!!

I verified the information after reading this thread

Nigeria as a whole has just 200 Trillion cubic feet gas reserves. This record is as of 2020.

80% of gas reserves is definitely not in igbo territory as suggested. That's just to induce some emotional reactions.

In the 200 Trillion cubic feet deposits in the country, 93 Trillion is in the South South alone.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by PHPdeveloper200: 10:10am On Apr 19, 2021
BluDesk:

Nigeria as a whole has just 200 Trillion cubic feet gas reserves. This record is as of 2020.

80% of gas reserves is definitely not in igbo territory as suggested. That's just to induce some emotional reactions.

In the 200 Trillion cubic feet deposits in the country, 93 Trillion is in the South South alone.
can you drop your source?
shell was building the largest gas plant in Nigeria in imo state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by PHPdeveloper200: 10:31am On Apr 19, 2021

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by OfoIgbo: 10:31am On Apr 19, 2021
BluDesk:

When I checked up that information in 2016, Nigeria had 140 tcf or thereabout, so it keeps growing in leaps and bounds.

Now Timipre Silva who is a minister in the petroleum ministry, who will have the most uptodate figures just said that Imo state alone has 200 tcf of gas. His records are definitely more current that the site you checked.

But let me even reply based on the figure you presented. I can assure you that the 93 tcf that can be found in the SS, more than 50% of that will be in Igbo-speaking areas. This is based on the fact that Imo and Anambra has the most reserves, it will make sense to infer the adjoining areas, which are Igbo areas in the SS, will maintain the same ratio as Anambra and Imo gas reserves.

10 Likes

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by BluDesk: 10:48am On Apr 19, 2021
PHPdeveloper200:

can you drop your source?
shell was building the largest gas plant in Nigeria in imo state

Do your research. It's in public domain
Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by PHPdeveloper200: 10:52am On Apr 19, 2021
OfoIgbo:

When I checked up that information in 2016, Nigeria had 140 tcf or thereabout, so it keeps growing in leaps and bounds.

Now Timipre Silva who is a minister in the petroleum ministry, who will have the most uptodate figures just said that Imo state alone has 200 tcf of gas. His records are definitely more current that the site you checked.

But let me even reply based on the figure you presented. I can assure you that the 93 tcf that can be found in the SS, more than 50% of that will be in Igbo-speaking areas. This is based on the fact that Imo and Anambra has the most reserves, it will make sense to infer the adjoining areas, which are Igbo areas in the SS, will maintain the same ratio as Anambra and Imo gas reserves.

the hausa and Yoruba controlled agencies in Nigeria will never publish statistics that will favour south east. They know that if south east knows what they have it will be harder to exploit them like they are currently doing to the minorities in South south.
infact, they deliberately split igboland for easy exploitation.
my father is from oguta LGA and my mother from mmahu in ohaji/egbema. most part of egbema was ceded to Rivers State before the nzeobi of egbema helped pull back most part of egbema to imo state. egbema currently has sixteen autonomous communities but the most oil rich three is In river state under ogba/ndoni/egbema LGA.

the funny stuff is that ogba/egbema/ndoni LGA alone produces more than 30% of Rivers State total oil output. pumping more than 100,000 barrels per day, it is the largest single onshore oil producing local government in Nigeria
I am suspecting that hope uzodinma will cede oil rich communities in oguta and ohaji/egbema LGA to Rivers State in the ongoing boundary demarcation in imo and Rivers State.
when egbema communities was ceded to Rivers State, they didn't realise that the communities they left behind will later produce crude oil

7 Likes

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by PHPdeveloper200: 10:53am On Apr 19, 2021
BluDesk:

Do your research. It's in public domain
if I saw it I won't ask you for that. please give me a link
Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by PHPdeveloper200: 10:58am On Apr 19, 2021
this image below shows you the kind of misinformation going on. how can Lagos produce 40,000 barrels per day and received 0 naira as 13% derivation in the last faac allocation

2 Likes

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by tamdun: 11:27am On Apr 19, 2021
PHPdeveloper200:

the hausa and Yoruba controlled agencies in Nigeria will never publish statistics that will favour south east. They know that if south east knows what they have it will be harder to exploit them like they are currently doing to the minorities in South south.
my father is from oguta LGA and my mother from mmahu in ohaji/egbema. most part of egbema was ceded to Rivers State before the nzeobi of egbema helped pull back most part of egbema to imo state. egbema currently has sixteen autonomous communities but the most oil rich three is In river state under ogba/ndoni/egbema LGA.

the funny stuff is that ogba/egbema/ndoni LGA alone produces more than 30% of Rivers State total oil output. pumping more than 100,000 barrels per day, it is the largest single onshore oil producing local government in Nigeria
I am suspecting that hope uzodinma will cede oil rich communities in oguta and ohaji/egbema LGA to Rivers State in the ongoing boundary demarcation in imo and Rivers State.
when egbema communities was ceded to Rivers State, they didn't realise that the communities they left behind will later produce crude oil
U just hate yoruba for no reason, sylva is just playing u emotionally, if only imo has 200 trillion cft gas then Nigeria will be num 1 gas reserve in the world when we add other states
Here is external source, hope u won't call this one too yoruba media

https://www.worldometers.info/gas/nigeria-natural-gas/

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by OfoIgbo: 11:55am On Apr 19, 2021
PHPdeveloper200:

You are quite correct with regards to the bolded.

I have written severally on this forum that Ogba-Ndoni-Egbema LGA and Oyigbo LGA are the two largest producers of onshore oil in Nigeria.
Both LGAs are Igbo speaking.

Now that militancy is gradually creeping into Igboland, I can guarantee you that the whole gas thing won't go the same way as oil. Igbos will make sure that they are not cheated this time around, and will even make sure they have an overwhelming lion share unapologetically. Igbos are not minorities and can be quite militant if the occasion calls for it. I think the Nigerian government is gradually realising this fact.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
PHPdeveloper200:

The injustice against Ndigbo is glaring and obvious! I’m from ONELGA (did a short stint at the Agip facility at Ogba), and know hydrocarbon rich the LGA is, but there’s hardly much on ground to reflect these riches!

When i say Ndigbo has given ‘one Nigeria’ more than it’s got back in return, this is exactly what i mean! Just imagine all the wealth Alaigbo has, yet you hardly see much federally enabled development! Rather, those in charge from the late 60s to date, have concentrated development and projects more in Lagos (with Ogun benefitting by its proximity), Abuja, Kano, Zaria and Kaduna!

It would have been different if those our resources have benefited acknowledged as much and showed us appreciation! But instead they abuse us and call us all manner of names like nyamurees, flat-head, 5 percenters, etc!

Any neutral can now appreciate why i so despise this fucking country!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by MANDIPUTIN: 2:11pm On Jun 27, 2021
Imo holds over 200 trillion cubic feet gas deposits – Sylva

https://www.businessamlive.com/imo-holds-over-200-trillion-cubic-feet-gas-deposits/
Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by OBALOLA55(m): 2:25pm On Jun 27, 2021
PHPdeveloper200:
this image below shows you the kind of misinformation going on. how can Lagos produce 40,000 barrels per day and received 0 naira as 13% derivation in the last faac allocation
WHERE IS THIS OIL PRODUCING AREA IN LAGOS STATE PLEASE
Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by fozapi(m): 2:40pm On Jun 27, 2021
Now you understand why they put in hopeless Uzoadinma
Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by afube: 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

The injustice against Ndigbo is glaring and obvious! I’m from ONELGA (did a short stint at the Agip facility at Ogba), and know hydrocarbon rich the LGA is, but there’s hardly much on ground to reflect these riches!

When i say Ndigbo has given ‘one Nigeria’ more than it’s got back in return, this is exactly what i mean! Just imagine all the wealth Alaigbo has, yet you hardly see much federally enabled development! Rather, those in charge from the late 60s to date, have concentrated development and projects more in Lagos (with Ogun benefitting by its proximity), Abuja, Kano, Zaria and Kaduna!

It would have been different if those our resources have benefited acknowledged as much and showed us appreciation! But instead they abuse us and call us all manner of names like nyamurees, flat-head, 5 percenters, etc!

Any neutral can now appreciate why i so despise this fucking country!

the problem we have in alaigbo is the "one NIgerianists" in our midst, they always want to appear politically correct all the time. This is one reason why the IPOB idealogy resonates with me most of the time. How can you stand aloof as these wicked fiends we claim to share a nation with continue to eat our lunch.

1 Like

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by Bialegend(m): 2:50pm On Jun 27, 2021
PHPdeveloper200:

Back to the topic, I believe that what happened to the niger Delta won't happen to the south East especially now that there is an armed resistance in the region. Igbos are not a minority.

I suspect that the so called boundary adjustment going on in imo state in the name of recovering imo state oil Wells from Rivers State is an agenda to cede the oil and gas rich communities in imo state to Rivers State.

The above bolded doesn't make any sense. Boundary adjustment in Imo state in the name of recovering Imo state oil Wells from Rivers State? Then you turn around to say that the agenda is to cede the oil and gas-rich communities in Imo state to Rivers State. Were you drunk when writing this?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graphic Photo Of Unilorin Student Raped And Murdered In Kwara State / Osinbajo: Nigeria Will Fulfil Climate Commitments / Tinubu Latest Outing Video, Is He Being Aided To Walk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.