Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits (4632 Views)

It Seems As If The North Actually Has MORE Oil And Gas Deposits Than The South. / The Urgent Rush To Pipe Away The Vast Gas Deposits Of South East / How Nigeria ‘Accidentally’ Discovered 206trn Cubic Feet Gas Reserve – Sylva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by Bialegend(m): 3:43pm On Jun 27, 2021
OfoIgbo:

You are quite correct with regards to the bolded.

I have written severally on this forum that Ogba-Ndoni-Egbema LGA and Oyigbo LGA are the two largest producers of onshore oil in Nigeria.
Both LGAs are Igbo speaking.

Now that militancy is gradually creeping into Igboland, I can guarantee you that the whole gas thing won't go the same way as oil. Igbos will make sure that they are not cheated this time around, and will even make sure they have an overwhelming lion share unapologetically. Igbos are not minorities and can be quite militant if the occasion calls for it. I think the Nigerian government is gradually realising this fact.
So this time hasn't called for militancy? With your one nigeria stance, I wonder when will be the time for militancy. Ndi one nigeria, ndi nzuzu!
Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by FreeIgbos: 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2021
Bialegend:

The above bolded doesn't make any sense. Boundary adjustment in Imo state in the name of recovering Imo state oil Wells from Rivers State? Then you turn around to say that the agenda is to cede the oil and gas-rich communities in Imo state to Rivers State. Are you drink when writing this?

The person you quoted committed what is known as fallacies of hasty generalization. I don't think there is any plan on ground to cede more Igbo territories outside SE, on the contrary, they are actually working towards moving some communities in Rivers State back to Imo State. Again, there is a strong clamour by indigenes of those Igbo speaking communities to have their own state and it seems the federal government is trying to help actualize that by adding some communities from Abia and Imo States to it and then make it the 6th Igbo state, thus bringing SE at par with other regions.

It seems to be part of the schemes to assuage Igbo feelings of marginalization and reduce clamour for Biafra. The North is actually morbidly afraid of Igbos breaking away so I believe they will try to do certain things to pacify Igbos going forward instead of trying to exercerbate it.
Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by NGArmyTerrorist: 3:49pm On Jun 27, 2021
[quote author=GodHatesBigots post=100914811][/quote] We are not Niger Delta! Buhari go see fire for Imo state! Those facilities will burn when it starts! You can't call us names and come to tap our resources! Una go hear'am.
Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by Bialegend(m): 3:52pm On Jun 27, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

The injustice against Ndigbo is glaring and obvious! I’m from ONELGA (did a short stint at the Agip facility at Ogba), and know hydrocarbon rich the LGA is, but there’s hardly much on ground to reflect these riches!

When i say Ndigbo has given ‘one Nigeria’ more than it’s got back in return, this is exactly what i mean! Just imagine all the wealth Alaigbo has, yet you hardly see much federally enabled development! Rather, those in charge from the late 60s to date, have concentrated development and projects more in Lagos (with Ogun benefitting by its proximity), Abuja, Kano, Zaria and Kaduna!

It would have been different if those our resources have benefited acknowledged as much and showed us appreciation! But instead they abuse us and call us all manner of names like nyamurees, flat-head, 5 percenters, etc!

Any neutral can now appreciate why i so despise this fucking country!
Do you support IPOB and Mazi Nnamdi Kanu?
Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by Bialegend(m): 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2021
FreeIgbos:

The person you quoted committed what is known as fallacies of hasty generalization. I don't think there is any plan on ground to cede more Igbo territories outside SE, on the contrary, they are actually working towards moving some communities in Rivers State back to Imo State. Again, there is a strong clamour by indigenes of those Igbo speaking communities to have their own state and it seems the federal government is trying to help actualize that by adding some communities from Abia and Imo States to it and then make it the 6th Igbo state, thus bringing SE at par with other regions.

It seems to be part of the schemes to assuage Igbo feelings of marginalization and reduce clamour for Biafra. The North is actually morbidly afraid of Igbos breaking away so I believe they will try to do certain things to pacify Igbos going forward instead of trying to exercerbate it.
I understand this and everything you wrote above is correct, however, Biafra is our last destination, and no persuasion or enticement will stop us from restoring Biafra. May nigeria burn to ashes.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by Bialegend(m): 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2021
BluDesk:

Well. I laugh when clans, tribes, states fight over oil and gas. There's oil in my direct father's household and I turned from visiting them for a day

I believe there's a lot to live for. However, I will never agree to any deal that impoverished the people. The economic system where weather is taken from the state and given to oligarchs and millions of people would be suffering needs to be re evaluated. Even if the oligarch is from that state. It's hi Tim to empower the states and the state in turn empowers the people

If state controls say 20% of the resources on their domain, they will create jobs and pay well. Talking about 200,000 to 500,000 additional workers to its civil service.

This is a better strategy to build the people and the host community. Not all these nonsense I see where abokis own 87% oil Wells in regions that isn't theirs

Igbos stand up and protect your interests
You sound so naive and I believe that you are among the one nigerianists who are the problem amongst us.
Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by htdot: 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2021
[quote author=GodHatesBigots post=100914811][/quote] grin
Ipob you guys will never cease to amaze me... sylva never said imo he said nigeria. Mind you where is LNG presently in Nigeria. How come imo indigenes arent benefiting from LNG scholarship the way bayelsans and deltans are enjoying.
Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by Unregistre: 2:57am On Apr 11, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsWFv7ivSRI
Click and watch the video and take not of the commentary at around 0:50 mins.
Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by Unregistre: 4:33am On Apr 11, 2022

Click and watch the video and take note of the commentary at around 0:50 mins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by xelly: 5:35am On Apr 11, 2022
BluDesk:

Well. I laugh when clans, tribes, states fight over oil and gas. There's oil in my direct father's household and I turned from visiting them for a day

I believe there's a lot to live for. However, I will never agree to any deal that impoverished the people. The economic system where weather is taken from the state and given to oligarchs and millions of people would be suffering needs to be re evaluated. Even if the oligarch is from that state. It's hi Tim to empower the states and the state in turn empowers the people

If state controls say 20% of the resources on their domain, they will create jobs and pay well. Talking about 200,000 to 500,000 additional workers to its civil service.

This is a better strategy to build the people and the host community. Not all these nonsense I see where abokis own 87% oil Wells in regions that isn't theirs

Igbos stand up and protect your interests

Just be informed that such will NEVER happen in Igboland.
Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by Supremos: 6:38am On Apr 11, 2022
Any attempt to repeat the madness witnessed in the south south crude oil, will be brutally resisted
Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by Supremos: 6:39am On Apr 11, 2022
Unregistre:

Click and watch the video and take note of the commentary at around 0:50 mins.
Why not open this trade separately
Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by Supremos: 6:41am On Apr 11, 2022
Europe will be willing and ready to stand by Igbos for due to our gas
Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by RestructureNig1: 5:21am On Oct 12, 2022
Supremos:
Europe will be willing and ready to stand by Igbos for due to our gas

We need restructuring and decentralisation of power

3 Likes

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by ljoh: 2:15pm On Oct 17, 2022
Conrod:
Meaning that imo \ southeast is the future,una go hear am for our hand.

Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by tishbite41(m): 3:11pm On Oct 17, 2022
Bialegend:

You sound so naive and I believe that you are among the one nigerianists who are the problem amongst us.
Asin eh
I saw the bolded and I shook my head
20%?? WTF
Re: Imo Holds Over 200 Trillion Cubic Feet Gas Deposits by Maazieze(m): 3:48pm On Oct 17, 2022
I already know how this goes, theyll soon be saying owerri igbos arent igbos

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Next Will President Muhammadu Buhari Dress This Way? / Meet Dayo Israel, The 36-year-old New APC Youth Leader / Buhari Helps Tinubu's Shaking Hands To Hold APC Flag (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.