Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,241 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? (23060 Views)

Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? / Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage / Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by parzdor(m): 7:47am On Apr 20, 2021
Wq
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by GreaterFuture3: 7:48am On Apr 20, 2021
Prayer and Singing

1 Like

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by EmekaBlue(m): 7:48am On Apr 20, 2021
Joyrider404:
What was the condition they gave you that made you reject the job offer grin

Mines quite funny,they told me I would resume work by 7am and close by 8 pm, on top of 15k salary grin I ran for my dear life.

Share your experience.
bet9ja shop abi

5 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Brunicekid(m): 7:48am On Apr 20, 2021
Mine was...

They told me that I can't leave the job for another job within six months, and if I must, I have to repay the full salary of one month I received within the period I worked.

4 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by indodon(m): 7:49am On Apr 20, 2021
Karleb:

Why didn't you just tell him you can't show up or you don't do such rather than agreeing only to not show up?
cause she actually wanted to 'do' it but later changed her mind grin

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 20, 2021
I was given broom and packer to go and sweep the outlet i will be managing, After four stages of successful interviews. angry

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by mabeni(m): 7:49am On Apr 20, 2021
I am here to read lies

4 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Frales6(f): 7:51am On Apr 20, 2021
if you fight-5000, if you absent from work without permission-3000, if anything lost for work place and they don't find the thief everyone will pay for it. then your salary is 14,000, you will feed yourself because you will be living there.

nna that kind amount get as e be

this job na just last weekend the person dey tell me about am ooo

for this Buhari regime na me go dey do 14000 work and feed myself from the money

14 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 20, 2021
7am to 10pm.#25k.Old English bakery and superstore,Isaac John Street,gra,Ikeja.And police can arrest anyone without a valid ID at that odd hour after closing from work.
This kind work go make person remain in perpetual poverty.
Joyrider404:

Mines quite funny,they told me I would resume work by 7am and close by 8 pm, on top of 15k salary grin I ran for my dear life.

Share your experience.
What is the name of the company?

7 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by donogaga(m): 7:54am On Apr 20, 2021
Reading comments and personal experiences above should give you an idea about what the Nigerian job market looks like. It is pretty saturated and quite disheartening how supposed employer tend to take advantage of job seekers.

Truth is, there's no end in sight.

However, I urge every job seeker not to relent. Keep pushing, the right job is just around the corner.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Frankicent(m): 7:55am On Apr 20, 2021
Never had such terrible experience. Me no get chill. I go fight or almost beat up my boss.

Though I prefer working remotely online.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Offpoint1: 7:56am On Apr 20, 2021
They said NO SIDE HUSTLE of any kind, whether at home or in the office...
Na 50k wan sustain me for a month? Mo ya japa

3 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 20, 2021
It was a GSM communications company, I worked as a customer rep. The pay was 10k but I was meeting people on a regular who gave me tips so I make like 60k. The company moved us to their head office, this time where they kept me was in a different department. Day in day out no single tip and I don't meet new people, the job was boring as hell. I didn't go to work the next day, the manager called and said he is giving me 24hrs or I'm fired. I laughed hard at that part, some employers think everyone can take shit salaries.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by papyskinsy: 7:57am On Apr 20, 2021
lol got one software engineering trainee offer.. very promising Serene Environment.. they said i will be trained to be a bad ass programmer.. but I have to sign a contract that I must work with then for atleast 2 years.. and i must submit my original Waec.. nysc and bsc cert to them for keeping. if i am willing to leave befr 2yrs they will estimate all the money they invested in training me and I must pay back..
omoo I japa..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by b3llo(m): 7:57am On Apr 20, 2021
8am - 4pm Monday to Friday (trekking under sun).
Tax collection, after collecting people's money there is no receipt given just a little signing on the demand notice.
The man no dey pay as at due and after every every he will tell you that your salary is 5% of total money generated despite the number of employees he has. The man is evil to the core...

4 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by donogaga(m): 8:01am On Apr 20, 2021
Brunicekid:
Mine was...

They told me that I can't leave the job for another job within six months, and if I must, I have to repay the full salary of one month I received within the period I worked.

Probably a six (6) month probation period.

If they tell you you can't leave within the stipulated period, that is a red flag.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 20, 2021
AsherAmari:
Dropped my proposal letter in a big school and the director said he'll give me the job to work as a part-time Teacher . Then he said I must meet him somewhere first.

On the said day, he called until his battery ran down, I didn't pick. As for the Job, I didn't go back for it again..

For ordinary teaching job ? Just imagine it's NNPC job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by whodeyhere: 8:03am On Apr 20, 2021
Joyrider404:

Share your experience.

They told me I will be gone for a whole straight year to South Korea without any break, this was when my daughter was just few weeks old.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 20, 2021
EmekaBlue:
bet9ja shop abi
Is it 15k that bet9ja shops pays?
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Israeljones(m): 8:05am On Apr 20, 2021
One Man Business...
A school in Ogun state and i reside in lag..
proposed a mere sum of 50k to the dubious owner... He accepted.
Time to pay for the 1st month salary, I was told the owner will be deducting 0ne-3rd of my salary for three months starting from the 1st month.. LTF!.... Considering i had to incure #800 transport expenses every day..
The evil owner still had the guts of witholding my salary for 2months for not coming for just one day...
The day he managed to pay I left the job without even looking bk.... Since then the man has been threatening me with police for leaving without notice....
One man biz... These owners are nothing but evils

20 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 20, 2021
Bouz:
I was given broom and packer to go and sweep the outlet i will be managing, After four stages of successful interviews. angry
Hilarious
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by GboyegaD(m): 8:05am On Apr 20, 2021
It was marketing with target sales, I just walked away with ease.
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by VicM6: 8:06am On Apr 20, 2021
AsherAmari:
Dropped my proposal letter in a big school and the director said he'll give me the job to work as a part-time Teacher . Then he said I must meet him somewhere first.

On the said day, he called until his battery ran down, I didn't pick. As for the Job, I didn't go back for it again..
you legit.... chop knuckle

4 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 20, 2021
donogaga:
Reading comments and personal experiences above should give you an idea about what the Nigerian job market looks like. It is pretty saturated and quite disheartening how supposed employer tend to take advantage of job seekers.

Truth is, there's no end in sight.

However, I urge every job seeker not to relent. Keep pushing, the right job is just around the corner.
The right job is always by connection

3 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by moneyissweet(m): 8:08am On Apr 20, 2021
Bomber spotted grin grin

Please help me say hi to slawomir the real niggar

Faber:
Team self employed.

I employed myself and others working for me. I go to work anytime I feel like. I no dey go today sef grin grin

I have never attended a job interview and will neve all through my life

4 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 20, 2021
jimmyolasun:
the HR wanted me to date/marry her daughter. I walked out on her like the king I am..

now the idiot that accepted is now living large and jumping from across country like say naa within streets..

I should have just been a simp and accepted the offer
Not many people are destined to be lucky, but we are all destined to have opportunities. Try to make very good use of them cause when they slip you by it's takes time before another one comes your way
- Emilliano Zapata

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by KazikageSama: 8:10am On Apr 20, 2021
The salary was less than what I was earning before but I could still have taken it but they want me to provide cloud and On-prem IT support for gaming apps and gambling platforms of their clients.

When I told the recruiter "No", she thought I was joking. Called me back the following week to meet her No where I dropped it.

I no holy but I stay ethical.

13 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Gibsonho(m): 8:11am On Apr 20, 2021
I must bring 25 persons to register for driving in a month with #20k salary in a month. I just japa

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 20, 2021
prekumohtim:

For ordinary teaching job ? Just imagine it's NNPC job

It's because it's a big school that has so many branches. So I was looking at coverimg all of them. So to him, it was his own NNPC.

That's one of the challenges we face as ladies.

5 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by VicM6: 8:12am On Apr 20, 2021
AsherAmari:

How did I agree? He got my contact from my proposal letter. When he told me we should meet somewhere, I tried to ask why but he said he wanted to discuss somethings with me. Then I kept quiet.

See no mind this one jare..... enh enh, see me too want to tell you something also o grin

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by wisino1(m): 8:13am On Apr 20, 2021
Work from Monday to Sunday no rest no leave

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

God Favoured Me With A Job At Last! / MTN Nigeria 2018 Recruitment (4 Positions) / Never Look Down On Menial Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.