Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,306 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? (23076 Views)

Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? / Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage / Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by budusky05(m): 9:17am On Apr 20, 2021
We agreed 150 USD per day, but when they sent the consent later it was 78 USD per day. To work in Abu Dhabi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by INCREDIBLE007(m): 9:20am On Apr 20, 2021
was tired of staying at home when covid hit and fairmoney has asked it's marketers to pause. I was tired of staying at home
so I got this gateman job via an agent , the house is quite small BUT every morning
(1) you must sweep round the compound ( with Madam2 supervision)

(2) while doing that she'll call you to come in and do some lifting or sweeping after which you'll step out to continue with her supervision.

(3) you'll fetch like 6-8 buckets of water for the house girl to use and for yourself as well
(4) you'll tidy up the rabbit cage and replace their food

while doing all this if you pause for rest, she go shout & trash talk you and will be telling you THERE IS NO JOB IN NIGERIA

I kept my cool and acted like a man

pay was 15k plus #400 daily feeding money

covid is a bastard

I left the Job after like a week for a very good job

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by EBUBECHISOM(m): 9:27am On Apr 20, 2021
You can check this out...40% for 14months...

[quote author=Prechgold1180 post=100951640
Can you teach ur kinda investment I have d money but don’t know what to invest on[/quote]

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by EBUBECHISOM(m): 9:29am On Apr 20, 2021
Check these out too

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 20, 2021
Galadimabawa:

For keeping your standards God will bless your hand work.

Amen.
Thank you, dear.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 20, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:

Why na. Maybe he wanted to preach the gospel and be sure your spiritual convictions align with that of the school before hiring you.

Don’t be so quick to judge tongue

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:32am On Apr 20, 2021
Work Sunday to Sunday, heading to Lekki from the mainland each day... Except when I take two weeks yearly leave...

Manager even had the effontery to get angry when I rejected the job, telling me that don't I know there are no jobs in the country?

13 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by INCREDIBLE007(m): 9:33am On Apr 20, 2021
Karleb:
Keep them coming!

Nigerians are just wicked. It's funny that those that passed through this hardship will still subject others to same hardship or worse when they have their own companies.

God forbid
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Mrlcredible: 9:36am On Apr 20, 2021
AsherAmari:
Dropped my proposal letter in a big school and the director said he'll give me the job to work as a part-time Teacher . Then he said I must meet him somewhere first.

On the said day, he called until his battery ran down, I didn't pick. As for the Job, I didn't go back for it again..
is the director gay? cos I know you're a male masquerading under a female moniker

5 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by larryking540: 9:42am On Apr 20, 2021
paulemmy19:
I will not accept any marketing job.
marketing job na sucide mission abeg
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by larryking540: 9:43am On Apr 20, 2021
TheEnygma:
Job at a small guest house, 4pm- 8am...
Job description; Receptionist, room steward, cleaner , laundry man and security and the salary was not even up to 20k..... I ran for my dear life before I come die before my time .

Some employers are just wicked, most of them take advantage of the high rate of unemployment in the country to either maltreat or underpay staff since they know that they'll always be someone else who's desperate for the job.
Bec we don't have an institution that regulates employment for employees
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Oyerinde16(m): 9:46am On Apr 20, 2021
The panel asked me, If you get a better job, next month, will you leave, I told them if shell or CBN calls me I will not resign before leaving... They never got back to me

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Originalsly: 9:46am On Apr 20, 2021
AsherAmari:

Dropped my proposal letter in a big school and the director said he'll give me the job to work as a part-time Teacher . Then he said I must meet him somewhere first.

On the said day, he called until his battery ran down, I didn't pick. As for the Job, I didn't go back for it again..

Nice!.... if I were your bf... you be still drawing salary 75K salary without even seeing the work place. Employers do such because they get away with it.
@ comments.... is it people just strongly believe they must be an employee?... regardless of pay? 20K salary?... is soooo many things one can do to earn more than that a month. Pride is a disease.
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Aug28th(m): 9:49am On Apr 20, 2021
papyskinsy:
lol got one software engineering trainee offer.. very promising Serene Environment.. they said i will be trained to be a bad ass programmer.. but I have to sign a contract that I must work with then for atleast 2 years.. and i must submit my original Waec.. nysc and bsc cert to them for keeping. if i am willing to leave befr 2yrs they will estimate all the money they invested in training me and I must pay back..
omoo I japa..
A friend of mine is in a similar situation, right now.
Too bad coz he accepted the offer

1 Like

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 20, 2021
Originalsly:

Nice!.... if I were your bf... you be still drawing salary 75K salary without even seeing the work place. Employers do such because they get away with it.
@ comments.... is it people just strongly believe they must be an employee?... regardless of pay? 20K salary?... is soooo many things one can do to earn more than that a month. Pride is a disease.

You talk as if you don't know how the country is.

Since I've been advertising my skincare products here, how many of you have patronized me?

Even my Toiletries and laundry products, how many did you PM me for? And you tell me to stop the one still fetching me something and come be at the mercy of people who don't patronize.
Or you think doing biz is easy?...

God that giveth increase, will increase me soon. I believe.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by papyskinsy: 10:07am On Apr 20, 2021
Sirjendon:

Next time forged a certificate for them, that omit one of ur name or use one name like that.

2, U should have scan ur certificate and print it out in coloured form, it will look like original, u will laminate it, and give them then u keep the original. For ur self.

No problem in this world that don't have solution.

Only for deep thinker

No laminated copies accepted.. most ppl where even thinking of removing the laminated paper.. they said they need the non laminated copies to authenticate

1 Like

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 20, 2021
Originalsly:

Since I've been advertising my skincare products here, how many of you have patronized me?

Even my Toiletries and laundry products, how many did you PM me for? And you tell me to stop the one that is still fetching me something and come and be at the mercy of people who don't patronize.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by mytalentlyng: 10:07am On Apr 20, 2021
One of there conditions was that I have to work with them for 18months before I can leave for another job and if am leaving before 18months I will refund 3months salary. I didn't sign the undertaking because I had two job offer at the same time so I went for the second one

9 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Originalsly: 10:13am On Apr 20, 2021
AsherAmari:

Even my Toiletries and laundry products, how many did you PM me for? And you tell me to stop the one that is still fetching me something and come and be at the mercy of people who don't patronize.

Is.this comment really for me? .... and I'm now knowing you have your own product...... which is very good! ... and yes... we should support you to improve and grow your business..... Nairalanders helping Nairalanders...... Charity begins at home.

9 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by greatlinda(f): 10:13am On Apr 20, 2021
Work Sunday to Sunday, no leave no shifts,7am-8pm. Yet they don't want to disclose the pay saying the pay was good. I ran for my dear life I can't kill myself

4 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by BabaIbo: 10:13am On Apr 20, 2021
They told me my target is 30m to 50m, that my salary will be 50 percent for the first 3 months, no provision wasade for car that will take us around to potential clients.

After walking around the city without any serious contact, I rested under a tree for sometime, used the remaining transport allowance to refresh myself and I decided I have to stop the job.

Modified: I can't really remember, but the target should be daily or weekly I think but it is not month, because the monthly target they gave was in hundreds of millions.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Temilade5078(m): 10:14am On Apr 20, 2021
3121944046 first bank. Busari olalekan Isaiah.. Help a brother... Thanks in advance
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Karleb(m): 10:15am On Apr 20, 2021
BabaIbo:
They told me my target is 30m to 50m, that my salary will be 50 percent for the first 3 months, no provision wasade for car that will take us around to potential clients.

After walking around the city without any serious contact, I rested under a tree for sometime, used the remaining transport allowance to refresh myself and I decided I have to stop the job.

This is funny! grin

If I had a gun, I would have killed so many people.

3 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by ransomed: 10:17am On Apr 20, 2021
I was working with a company and doing well ,I got an invitation from another company that got my contact through their business development manager. I was considered an unrepentant competitor. The package was better than where I was but, the new company wanted me to submit my credentials as collateral for the volume of consignments that I would be accessing monthly.
I turned down the offer after documentation. I work harder to snatch the little market space they control as a payback.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by BabaIbo: 10:18am On Apr 20, 2021
Oyerinde16:
The panel asked me, If you get a better job, next month, will you leave, I told them if shell or CBN calls me I will not resign before leaving... They never got back to me

They are not serious ni...

But you're mean o grin cheesy
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 20, 2021
Originalsly:

Is.this comment really for me? .... and I'm now knowing you have your own product...... which is very good! ... and yes... we should support you to improve and grow your business..... Nairalanders helping Nairalanders...... Charity begins at home.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Prechgold1180(m): 10:19am On Apr 20, 2021
EBUBECHISOM:
You can check this out...40% for 14months...

thanks for this but not interested need something I can supervise

Got spare 5m to put in
Am thinking of buying two or 3 cars for hire purchase
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Olodo24: 10:20am On Apr 20, 2021
Working from Monday to Sunday. 7am to 6pm. No leave or even off days all for 20k. I just laughed

1 Like

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by ashawopikin(m): 10:21am On Apr 20, 2021
TheEnygma:

gringringrin.... you no want make them drill your nyash.
lol

1 Like

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by SenseBoy(m): 10:27am On Apr 20, 2021
Prechgold1180:

Got spare 5m to put in
If you decide to buy cars for HP please i'm interested
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by SenseBoy(m): 10:28am On Apr 20, 2021
Prechgold1180:

Got spare 5m to put in
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Faber(m): 10:28am On Apr 20, 2021
Prechgold1180:

Can you teach ur kinda investment I have d money but don’t know what to invest on
I am into Gaming Franchise with both SV Gaming networks and KC Gamings. Am also into fixed games (real fixed games once or twice in a year) and arbitrage trading.

I believe in OPM: Other peoples money Other people's money works for us. If they loose money we gain... If they make money we also gain. grin

I don't play hide and seek when people ask me what I do for a living

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Never Look Down On Menial Jobs / Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? / P & G Sending Congratulatory Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.