Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,953 members, 7,835,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? (23075 Views)

Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? / Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage / Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by PhilipReigns(m): 2:00pm On Apr 20, 2021
Prechgold1180:

Can you teach ur kinda investment I have d money but don’t know what to invest on
Same thing with me right now, I have an idle 1million naira in one of my account yet don't know what lucrative business to invest in. I have realized that, just like a job opportunity, business too requires experience to be successful in it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by IgboWarlord(m): 2:09pm On Apr 20, 2021
Good pay(230k)
But they wanted to post me to one obscure corner of Jigawa State..As an Igbo boy born an bred in PH,all my instincts went against the job..So i said "no, thank you"..I got my job at the port not long after..

1 Like

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by ThatFairGuy1: 2:17pm On Apr 20, 2021
AsherAmari:

Lol... Are you for real?

I was in his office where official matters are meant to be discussed, he didn't discuss it there. hes now asking me to come to one useless place. Na so.

God's blessings comes without conditions or any strings attached.
Wow, I caught you! It's mere sarcasm
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by PhilipReigns(m): 2:20pm On Apr 20, 2021
Originalsly:

Nice!.... if I were your bf... you be still drawing salary 75K salary without even seeing the work place. Employers do such because they get away with it.
@ comments.... is it people just strongly believe they must be an employee?... regardless of pay? 20K salary?... is soooo many things one can do to earn more than that a month. Pride is a disease.
You're very correct.
Pride is a big disease especially for graduates.
For example, when I was an undergraduate do u know that i I have worked with a bike and saves 2k daily from it, after removing fuel and food money o..that was 60k a month. I bought a Toyota Sienna after 18months working as an okoda man that people usually looks down upon. Okay, After nysc I decided to move to Lagos, my first job was in an hotel, 20k a month, a very big hotel o. That's N650 daily. One year on, I wasn't able to rent even a one room apartment in Lagos State.

I wish the youths can just bury their pride of being a university graduate and work for a living for once; all these so called employers will hold a meeting and think again.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by eazyduzit: 2:22pm On Apr 20, 2021
AsherAmari:

It's because it's a big school that has so many branches. So I was looking at coverimg all of them. So to him, it was his own NNPC.

That's one of the challenges we face as ladies.

I really understand the troubles y'all ladies go through during job hunting,keep ya head up for doing the right thing dear.��

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by GambaOsaka: 2:24pm On Apr 20, 2021
True life story....

Honeywell in Ikeja that year.
Got the call for the interview a day before.
10am the next morning at Ikeja.
Was at the airport in Abuja at around 5am.
Thought I had time to spare.
Planned to pick up my suit at dad's house in Ikotun.
I was dead wrong.
Flight was delayed for about 2 hours after parting with 23k.
Eventually arrived Ikeja airport at around 11am.
I can't possibly attend the interview in Jeans and T shirt.
Entered a shop around computer village to buy a shirt.
Tucked into my Jeans and had a long laugh at myself.
Took okada to the venue.
It took several appeals to get in at the gate.
How can you come to an interview in Jeans and tshirt, they asked.
All eyes were on me at the reception.
Everyone else had nice suits and shiny shoes.
My name was called, I entered the room.
And that was the end of the interview for everyone else.
The vice chairman, the National sales manager, the brand marketing manager and human resources manager all seated in suits.
Why on hell did you come in Jeans and tshirt the vice chairman asked will a smiling face.
Told him my plight and off we go.
30 minutes into the interview
They other guys waiting to be called must be fuming badly by now.

......meanwhile, the interview had turned to a friend's catchup.
Myself and the vice chairman as the old friends that just met, and the other guys as viewers. Lol

Talked about Arsenal, Arsene Wenger's stinginess, etc

At a point the man barked at the 3 managers to get a note and write as I was spewing some great ideas.( all glory to God).

I'll continue later ....

4 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by GambaOsaka: 2:35pm On Apr 20, 2021
After about one and half hours, I was ushered into a room.
Entertained with freshly baked biscuits and sprite.
The HR manager asked about my current annual package.
Came back 30 minutes later with appointment letter.
Told me he'll give me time to read through and come back in 30 minutes.
Looked at the bottom of the paper, the difference with my current pay was 350k.
Had to move to lagos from Abuja for a sales job.
No way .. I cant do it

HR manager came back with 2 bags of semo and 1 bag of wheat flour.
Please when leaving, go to the accounts department and collect 50k for your tfare.

He wanted me to sign the acceptance immediately but I told him I need time to think before signing.

I asked him what the 350k - special duty allowance meant.
He never gave a direct answer.

He excused himself, and the national sales manager walked in.
I asked him the same question, got a different answer.

Na who dem wan scam with audio allowance?
Me?.... lailai.

I will sign, scan and send or to your email this evening I told the HR manager when he came back.

I never did.....

He called me taya....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by medexico(m): 2:41pm On Apr 20, 2021
jimmyolasun:
the HR wanted me to date/marry her daughter. I walked out on her like the king I am..

now the idiot that accepted is now living large and jumping from across country like say naa within streets..

I should have just been a simp and accepted the offer

Hmmm
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by dexcira(f): 2:47pm On Apr 20, 2021
No access to my phone. 8am to 5pm
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by papyskinsy: 3:05pm On Apr 20, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Was it decagon?

no vex I no go fit yarn de name..
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by BRATISLAVA: 3:13pm On Apr 20, 2021
papyskinsy:

no vex I no go fit yarn de name..

You want us all to meet them first? angry

Thanks for sharing the experience.
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by AgentGoat: 3:20pm On Apr 20, 2021
VicM6:
baba got a contract to dig a soak away(5 in numbers). Baba decided to do it alone without collecting any body.... we later had the job rejected baba bcus na 8 pile of water baba receive 4 hospital after 4days of work.
grin grin
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by ErnieSmallzz(f): 3:22pm On Apr 20, 2021
Prechgold1180:
thanks for this but not interested need something I can supervise

Got spare 5m to put in
Am thinking of buying two or 3 cars for hire purchase
nice move grin when I saw 14month I was just laughing, never trust any investment company, never they are all theives !! I rather buy btc and keep for that 14month sef..
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by lordally(m): 3:24pm On Apr 20, 2021
papyskinsy:
lol got one software engineering trainee offer.. very promising Serene Environment.. they said i will be trained to be a bad ass programmer.. but I have to sign a contract that I must work with then for atleast 2 years.. and i must submit my original Waec.. nysc and bsc cert to them for keeping. if i am willing to leave befr 2yrs they will estimate all the money they invested in training me and I must pay back..
omoo I japa..

Decago.n
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by AgentGoat: 3:32pm On Apr 20, 2021
peacenaija:
I turned down a 330k net job ‘cos i felt cheated as I applied for associate but they gave me senior analyst which is lower. Altho I already got a better one
What are you into?
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by GboyegaD(m): 3:35pm On Apr 20, 2021
Sirjendon:

Next time forged a certificate for them, that omit one of ur name or use one name like that.

2, U should have scan ur certificate and print it out in coloured form, it will look like original, u will laminate it, and give them then u keep the original. For ur self.

No problem in this world that don't have solution.

Only for deep thinker

How are you different from the employer when you encourage him to commit fraud?
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by lordally(m): 3:42pm On Apr 20, 2021
Prechgold1180:
thanks for this but not interested need something I can supervise

Got spare 5m to put in

You see that thing called Higher purchase!!! No even try am I take God beg you!!
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 20, 2021
larryking540:

marketing job na sucide mission abeg
you'll end up manufacturing promises.
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by PhilipReigns(m): 4:18pm On Apr 20, 2021
AsherAmari:

You talk as if you don't know how the country is.

Since I've been advertising my skincare products here, how many of you have patronized me?

Even my Toiletries and laundry products, how many did you PM me for? And you tell me to stop the one that is still fetching me something and come and be at the mercy of people who don't patronize.
Or you think doing biz is easy?...

God that giveth increase, will increase me soon. I believe.

My dear, don't be discouraged.
The problem with online marketing of products and services is that one can't differentiate between a genuine products seller and an imposter aka internet fraudster. Many peeps don't even have time to verify who's real or not, when they can easily get d same product u re advertising for sale from a shop close to them. I will advise you find a way to get a shop, get engaged in physical sales of your products, the sky is your limit. Cheers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 20, 2021
PhilipReigns:

My dear, don't be discouraged.
The problem with online marketing of products and services is that one can't differentiate between a genuine products seller and an imposter aka internet fraudster. Many peeps don't even have time to verify who's real or not, when they can easily get d same product u re advertising for sale from a shop close to them. I will advise you find a way to get a shop, get engaged in physical sales of your products, the sky is your limit. Cheers!

Amen.

Thank you so much, Sir. I really appreciate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by peacenaija(m): 5:22pm On Apr 20, 2021
AgentGoat:
What are you into?

Anything legit with cash remittances into my coffers���

1 Like

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Ge0grapher(m): 6:26pm On Apr 20, 2021
IgboWarlord:
Good pay(230k)
But they wanted to post me to one obscure corner of Jigawa State..As an Igbo boy born an bred in PH,all my instincts went against the job..So i said "no, thank you"..I got my job at the port not long after..

Pls refer me to the job.. I would gladly take it. won't mind paying u 50k from my first salary.
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by aflame100(m): 6:29pm On Apr 20, 2021
[quote author=Prechgold1180 post=100953486]thanks for this but not interested need something I can supervise

Got spare 5m to put in

please, you can consider me for the DRIVER in that hire purchase car. reach me on 08039289410. thank in advance.
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by IgboWarlord(m): 6:53pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ge0grapher:

Pls refer me to the job.. I would gladly take it. won't mind paying u 50k from my first salary.

Bro,i dont think that the job is still available cos this was way back in 2017....It's in the agricultural sector...
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by hstar: 9:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
Daddyvibez:
Work 7:30am-7pm weekdays 17k,if u come late 500 naira deduction...
Pple wicked sha
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by hstar: 9:24pm On Apr 20, 2021
ennyj01:
Got a marketing job with a new generation bank.
The pay was 45k
2 days in the office and 2 days outside sourcing for customers.
We are to bring 3 million monthly, I ran and I did not look back.

The second one was recently
Got a tentative offer (no offer letter yet though), will be paid 25k monthly for two months during the training. After training the successful guys will be retained and pay increased, the increased pay is not up to 100k though.
Come see d way I was laughing alone, u would think av gone mad

1 Like

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by hstar: 9:27pm On Apr 20, 2021
TheEnygma:
Job at a small guest house, 4pm- 8am...
Job description; Receptionist, room steward, cleaner , laundry man and security and the salary was not even up to 20k..... I ran for my dear life before I come die before my time .

Some employers are just wicked, most of them take advantage of the high rate of unemployment in the country

to either maltreat or underpay staff since they know that they'll always be someone else who's desperate for the job.
This is what I usually tell my friends
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by hstar: 9:33pm On Apr 20, 2021
Faber:
Team self employed.

I employed myself and others working for me. I go to work anytime I feel like
. I no dey go today sef grin grin

I have never attended a job interview and will neve all through my life
This is my aim in some years to come

And I promise my heart not God
(because e fit not happen as I wish)

That I would be feeding my staff members or workers at least 2 or 3 days a week
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by openmine(m): 9:37pm On Apr 20, 2021
AsherAmari:

Lol... Are you for real?

I was in his office where official matters are meant to be discussed, he didn't discuss it there. hes now asking me to come to one useless place. Na so.

God's blessings comes without conditions or any strings attached.
Thumbs up!
You did well!
I know someone who would have followed him anywhere including a bedroom!
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by ennyj01(m): 9:41pm On Apr 20, 2021
hstar:

Come see d way I was laughing alone, u would think av gone mad

Lol
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Ge0grapher(m): 9:49pm On Apr 20, 2021
IgboWarlord:

Bro,i dont think that the job is still available cos this was way back in 2017....It's in the agricultural sector...

Oh, thanks anyway.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Never Look Down On Menial Jobs / Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? / P & G Sending Congratulatory Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.