Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? (23073 Views)

Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? / Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage / Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by EmekaBlue(m): 8:15am On Apr 20, 2021
Joysticks:
Is it 15k that bet9ja shops pays?
u dey ask me?! I guess something like that for those ladies at d counter
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by VicM6: 8:17am On Apr 20, 2021
baba got a contract to dig a soak away(5 in numbers). Baba decided to do it alone without collecting any body.... we later had the job rejected baba bcus na 8 pile of water baba receive 4 hospital after 4days of work.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 20, 2021
AsherAmari:
Dropped my proposal letter in a big school and the director said he'll give me the job to work as a part-time Teacher . Then he said I must meet him somewhere first.

On the said day, he called until his battery ran down, I didn't pick. As for the Job, I didn't go back for it again..
sex for work

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 20, 2021
emkz:
One man business.

I enter company. I didn't know Oga was interested in one babe. I got the babe. Oga almost fired me after firing the babe. He demoted me to a messenger position.

I left the company later.

Hahahahaaaa.... This so hilarious..

You go chook hand inside oga soup. Them come turn you to messenger hahahahaaaa....

Oga see say you too comfortable for office na Im make you dey toast babe about. Lol.. by the time them use message exaust you, you no go see month toast babe. Lol..

4 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by BRATISLAVA: 8:25am On Apr 20, 2021
papyskinsy:
lol got one software engineering trainee offer.. very promising Serene Environment.. they said i will be trained to be a bad ass programmer.. but I have to sign a contract that I must work with then for atleast 2 years.. and i must submit my original Waec.. nysc and bsc cert to them for keeping. if i am willing to leave befr 2yrs they will estimate all the money they invested in training me and I must pay back..
omoo I japa..

Was it decagon?

3 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Godsonkemz(m): 8:28am On Apr 20, 2021
Working everyday including public holidays(christmas, easter and new year included) which would affect my other sides hustle. The worst is that the company attached exorbitant prices to their services which is much more than competitors' prices in a region dominated by civil servants and low income earners. And one's salary is tied to one's performance.

One of my sides hustle pays me more than times three of what the company agreed to be paying.

4 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by iampeterben(m): 8:30am On Apr 20, 2021
Okay, it's the salary scheme for me oh!
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by vickydevoka(m): 8:31am On Apr 20, 2021
EmekaBlue:
u dey ask me?! I guess something like that for those ladies at d counter
Yes privately own bet9ja pays 15-20k. Buh it's better than teaching job. Bcus u will be saving 1k everyday u go work aside t.p and food

1 Like

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by BrainSanitizer: 8:32am On Apr 20, 2021
Well...
I have nothing to say since I've never applied for a job for someone to give me some hell-spec conditions.
Don't think I am self-employed. No.
I work for an organization.
The devil himself is amazed at the greed and wickedness of some employers.
May God help us in this country!

1 Like

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Karleb(m): 8:38am On Apr 20, 2021
Keep them coming!

Nigerians are just wicked. It's funny that those that passed through this hardship will still subject others to same hardship or worse when they have their own companies.

11 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by AleAirHub(m): 8:40am On Apr 20, 2021
Work for 45 days as one month and the pay was NGN4500, that was 2008 in Benin - City. I ran for my life after 5 days because the job was something else. grin grin

13 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Casham: 8:42am On Apr 20, 2021
chatinent:
Private firm.

Malaysian man.

Gay.

this got me laughing like madd. Three wrongest combination.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by alhaji04: 8:46am On Apr 20, 2021
Joyrider404:
What was the condition they gave you that made you reject the job offer grin

Mines quite funny,they told me I would resume work by 7am and close by 8 pm, on top of 15k salary grin I ran for my dear life.

Share your experience.
Lol, ur own good nah, mine was 9am to 9pm including weekends, No off, no shift for at least 3 months... lol although not 15k Shaa.

4 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:51am On Apr 20, 2021
jimmyolasun:
the HR wanted me to date/marry her daughter. I walked out on her like the king I am..

now the idiot that accepted is now living large and jumping from across country like say naa within streets..

I should have just been a simp and accepted the offer
don't commit suicide naa
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 20, 2021
papyskinsy:
lol got one software engineering trainee offer.. very promising Serene Environment.. they said i will be trained to be a bad ass programmer.. but I have to sign a contract that I must work with then for atleast 2 years.. and i must submit my original Waec.. nysc and bsc cert to them for keeping. if i am willing to leave befr 2yrs they will estimate all the money they invested in training me and I must pay back..
omoo I japa..

Next time forged a certificate for them, that omit one of ur name or use one name like that.

2, U should have scan ur certificate and print it out in coloured form, it will look like original, u will laminate it, and give them then u keep the original. For ur self.

No problem in this world that don't have solution.

Only for deep thinker

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Galadimabawa: 8:54am On Apr 20, 2021
AsherAmari:
Dropped my proposal letter in a big school and the director said he'll give me the job to work as a part-time Teacher . Then he said I must meet him somewhere first.

On the said day, he called until his battery ran down, I didn't pick. As for the Job, I didn't go back for it again..
For keeping your standards God will bless your hand work.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by dadamonie150: 8:55am On Apr 20, 2021
you have to work first 3days without pay cos you are on probation
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Kakamorufu(m): 8:57am On Apr 20, 2021
that they will not pay my 3rd month salary until when am about to leave the company, and it also came with another condition that i write a letter stating my intention to leave 1 month ahead.
and how much was the money o. 35k per month.

upper room limited, eyin nuu olorun nuuuuuuuuuu angry
I japa straight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Joyrider404(f): 9:01am On Apr 20, 2021
Joysticks:
7am to 10pm.#25k.Old English bakery and superstore,Isaac John Street,gra,Ikeja.And police can arrest anyone without a valid ID at that odd hour after closing from work.
This kind work go make person remain in perpetual poverty.
What is the name of the company?

They sell frozen foods

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by toprealman: 9:01am On Apr 20, 2021
Bouz:
I was given broom and packer to go and sweep the outlet i will be managing, After four stages of successful interviews. angry
Humility test.....maybe

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by etibaba(m): 9:01am On Apr 20, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Was it decagon?
Is that how Decagon roll?
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Galadimabawa: 9:02am On Apr 20, 2021
My sister got some invitation after applying for a receptionist job in a hotel, at the interview one of the rules was that, the customers are always right. That even a customer can touch any part of your body.
Omo she take off with run oooo.

7 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 20, 2021
AsherAmari:

Why na. Maybe he wanted to preach the gospel and be sure your spiritual convictions align with that of the school before hiring you.

Don’t be so quick to judge tongue

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Foodqueen(f): 9:07am On Apr 20, 2021
Especially all those guardian job advert.

The era of B-bon and co

1 Like

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Bestbeelieve: 9:08am On Apr 20, 2021
ennyj01:
Got a marketing job with a new generation bank.
The pay was 45k
2 days in the office and 2 days outside sourcing for customers.
We are to bring 3 million monthly, I ran and I did not look back.

The second one was recently
Got a tentative offer (no offer letter yet though), will be paid 25k monthly for two months during the training. After training the successful guys will be retained and pay increased, the increased pay is not up to 100k though.

outsourcing wink smiley
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 20, 2021
Joysticks:
The right job is always by connection
just the real truth about Nigeria
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Josywhyte: 9:09am On Apr 20, 2021
That I will teach both primary and secondary classes. I bluntly told the interviewers that am not Job in the Bible that I should suffer like that.
I left there without looking back

3 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by INCREDIBLE007(m): 9:09am On Apr 20, 2021
Offpoint1:
They said NO SIDE HUSTLE of any kind, whether at home or in the office...

Na 50k wan sustain me for a month? Mo ya japa

bros

which kind job e be na
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Bestbeelieve: 9:11am On Apr 20, 2021
had to work on saturdays and no definitive closing time especially when the boss is around....once i got home at 1am in the morning i stopped an okada for the final leg of my journey only to realize after dropping me off he was a policeman in mufti. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 20, 2021
Bouz:
I was given broom and packer to go and sweep the outlet i will be managing, After four stages of successful interviews. angry

Lol...
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Prechgold1180(m): 9:13am On Apr 20, 2021
Faber:
Team self employed.

I employed myself and others working for me. I go to work anytime I feel like. I no dey go today sef grin grin

I have never attended a job interview and will neve all through my life
Can you teach ur kinda investment I have d money but don’t know what to invest on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by peacenaija(m): 9:13am On Apr 20, 2021
I turned down a 330k net job ‘cos i felt cheated as I applied for associate but they gave me senior analyst which is lower. Altho I already got a better one

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Never Look Down On Menial Jobs / Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? / P & G Sending Congratulatory Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.