Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,024 members, 7,849,127 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:56 PM

FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times (19809 Views)

FG Admits That Igbos Were Asked To Come Down From Buses In Sudan / ₦4.2 Trillion Debt Service: Economy Is In Real Crisis, FG Admits / Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times by selemempe: 5:58pm On Apr 20, 2021
TMKsouth:

@bolded

Hey selemempe - what about the cement u spoke of yesterday? grin
stop trolling nigeria mr. We know our issues very well..thats why igbos want Biafra. thank you.

P.s oil constitute just 15% of our Gdp....but unfortunately it constitutes up to 70% of government revenue because of our inefective tax collection system.

If nigeria reforms our taxation....govt revenue will increase by up to 1000%

1 Like

Re: FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times by TMKsouth: 6:47pm On Apr 20, 2021
selemempe:
stop trolling nigeria mr. We know our issues very well..thats why igbos want Biafra. thank you.

P.s oil constitute just 15% of our Gdp....but unfortunately it constitutes up to 70% of government revenue because of our inefective tax collection system.

If nigeria reforms our taxation....govt revenue will increase by up to 1000%

Ok, so what's stopping tax reform?

I mean, it's so easy in SA us 'Bantus' (to use your favourite word) do it with our eyes closed.

1 Like

Re: FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times by selemempe: 6:59pm On Apr 20, 2021
TMKsouth:

Ok, so what's stopping tax reform?

I mean, it's so easy in SA us 'Bantus' (to use your favourite word) do it with our eyes closed.
SA economy is mostly formal sector driven.

Ours is mostly informal sector driven... you can Google these claims of mine
If you learnt research in your Bantu college wink
Re: FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times by TMKsouth: 7:14pm On Apr 20, 2021
selemempe:

But that doesn't even amount to half the problem with your tax collection grin grin You're struggling to collect taxes even within the formal economy

Here's what my Bantu education has unveiled - so many problems shocked shocked shocked; .

What do u have to say about this, Hush P? cool

1 Like

Re: FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times by selemempe: 7:22pm On Apr 20, 2021
TMKsouth:

But that doesn't even amount to half the problem with your tax collection grin grin You're struggling to collect taxes even within the formal economy

Here's what my Bantu education has unveiled - so many problems shocked shocked shocked; .

What do u have to say about this, Hush P? cool
About?
Re: FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times by TMKsouth: 7:24pm On Apr 20, 2021
selemempe:
About?

About this...

1 Like

Re: FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times by Krismas(m): 10:16pm On Apr 20, 2021
Collyweed:

They are obviously running out of FOREX to continue defending the Naira. Devaluation helps reduce the pressure a bit but eventually the respite will be only temporary.
cool U are rite. Tanx
Re: FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times by Krismas(m): 10:43pm On Apr 20, 2021
selemempe:

cool U underestimate the effectiveness of the INDIRECT TAX system in Nigeria
Re: FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times by selemempe: 3:11am On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

About this...
I will say this is why we want Biafra
Re: FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times by bluefilm: 7:04am On Apr 21, 2021
Same story all the time.

Has there ever been a Time that the nigerian economy is known to be bubbling?

But yet these looters always find more and more ways to continue to loot.
Re: FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times by Akudaisi: 7:30am On Apr 21, 2021
ogbonti:

I know Obaseki is a politician and politicians have levels of trust deficit but there is a reason I like that man. Just like people who do not talk too much - to lie is hard for them. I knew Obaseki was saying the truth when he said Naija govt is printing money. Now I can relate why Tinubu is moving around with Bullion vans - whenever they print, they give him his own bullion van and he storms the black market to buy large quantities of dollars to hoard. This is why there is enormous pressure on the naira as over sized amount of fraudulently printed naira notes are chasing a limited volume of forex available. With this behavior, the US$ will hit N1,000 before Buhari leaves office in 2023 grin
exactly what I have been telling people, there's a terrible inflation coming and the earlier you start turning into cryptos the better,we have not yet seen anything yet
Re: FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times by ogbonti: 10:15am On Apr 21, 2021
Akudaisi:
exactly what I have been telling people, there's a terrible inflation coming and the earlier you start turning into cryptos the better,we have not yet seen anything yet

you are so right, and wage increase for naija na mirage - A man who earned N120k as a civil servant in 2011 is making about N140,000 right now and inflation has doubled since then so technically the man that earned N120k in 2011 is actually earning N70k of the value of his N120k he earned 10 years ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times by Krismas(m): 10:34am On Apr 21, 2021
ogbonti:

you are so right, and wage increase for naija na mirage - A man who earned N120k as a civil servant in 2011 is making about N140,000 right now and inflation has doubled since then so technically the man that earned N120k in 2011 is actually earning N70k of the value of his N120k he earned 10 years ago.
grin grin grin Chai! U get brain no be small. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times by Akudaisi: 1:01pm On Apr 21, 2021
ogbonti:

you really nailed it

1 Like

Re: FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times by Dymaco(m): 1:22pm On Apr 21, 2021
tuna85:

Which one is great Okonjo Iweala, they destroyed the Nation just like APC is doing and you call her great.

Don't be deceived Bro
call her name with respect. NOI is president of World trade organization. Her excellence earned her the position.
Re: FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times by ogbonti: 3:30pm On Apr 21, 2021
Akudaisi:
you really nailed it

Thank you Sir grin
Re: FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times by ogbonti: 3:31pm On Apr 21, 2021
Krismas:
grin grin grin Chai! U get brain no be small. grin grin grin

Thank you Sir grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Your Invitation Didn’t Come Through Right Channel, Gov Yusuf Replies Ganduje / Supreme Court Adjourns Sokoto Governorship Appeal To January 20 / Buhari Administration Fifth Anniversary Factsheet (may 2020)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.