Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Is Change Of Name Mandatory For A Married Woman? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Is Change Of Name Mandatory For A Married Woman? (953 Views)

NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? / Change Of PPA Between Two Different Local Governments / Who Stayed Behind For More Than A Year After The Mandatory NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Change Of Name Mandatory For A Married Woman? by ugom123: 7:37am On Apr 20, 2021
Is change of name mandatory for a married woman to be posted to her husband state of residence?
Im not really interested in my woman changing her name to mine but I was told that it is a must for Nysc before she can be posted to where we live. Is this true?
Re: Is Change Of Name Mandatory For A Married Woman? by pocohantas(f): 11:08pm On Apr 20, 2021
ugom123:
Is change of name mandatory for a married woman to be posted to her husband state of residence?
Im not really interested in my woman changing her name to mine but I was told that it is a must for Nysc before she can be posted to where we live. Is this true?

I think marriage certificate and newspaper publication are required. Registry marriage, not just “church”. Newspaper publication means she fo change name ba? cheesy

I am curious at the highlighted. Are you a Nigerian man?? What is your reason?
Re: Is Change Of Name Mandatory For A Married Woman? by ugom123: 4:54pm On Apr 21, 2021
pocohantas:

I think marriage certificate and newspaper publication are required. Registry marriage, not just “church”. Newspaper publication means she fo change name ba? cheesy

I am curious at the highlighted. Are you a Nigerian man?? What is your reason?

No reason, I am not just interested in her changing her name. Doesnt make sense to me. Though she is insisting on serving here which means she must now change her name. Naija is joke. Marriage cert should have been okay

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Suspends Orientation In Six States / HELP With Writing Personal CDS Proposal / Corpers Struggling To Receive Their State Allowee In Sokoto State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.