Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,841 members, 7,841,197 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? (10455 Views)

DSS Recovers AK-47 Rifles, Bullets, Bloody Charms From Igboho's House / Police Kill 4 Wounded IPOB Gunmen Receiving Treatment In Rivers, Recover Charms / EndSARS: Protesters Storm Abeokuta With Charms (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by InvestingExpert(m): 8:10pm On Apr 20, 2021
On 14th January 1997, a 504 Peugeot car overtook a Mercedez Benz, a man came out brandishing an Israeli Uzi and opened fire on Mercedez car. Some accounts claimed over forty rounds were fired, the windscreen was shattered, car interior riddled and torn by bullets. Satisfied that he had executed his mission as brutally, the gunman jumped into the Peugeot and the car zoomed away, leaving behind the riddled car and unfortunate occupants to he discovered. The shooter's car had not gone far while the doors of the Mercedez were opened, two men came out. They were unhurt!

Pa Abraham Adesanya, the late former leader of the Afenifere, later claimed he and his driver survived without a scratch. He claimed too that he survived by the grace of God, and denied using any charm. But it was hard to believe that a man survived the rain of bullets discharged by the dreaded sharpshooter of Gen. Sani Abacha killer square, Barnabas Jabila aka Sergent Rogers, without charm. Do charms really stop bullets from penetrating the body?

It is widely believed in Nigeria that charms do more than protecting the body from spiritual attack, they provide protection against physical weapons too, against cutlasses and bullets. Tales abound of criminals and even men of the armed forces fortifying their bodies against blades and bullets before going out for an operation. And as long as the person survives, it is evidence that the charm is working. Those who lost their lives during operation either by blade or gun, it is assumed their charm has failed them. For charms come with terms and conditions that had to be abided by; only those who failed to adhere to the terms are affected. But how powerful is the charm?

In northern Nigeria, amulets called laya or guru are used for fortification, local touts use it. In Yoruba land, the Okigbe and Ayeta charms are used for body fortification, for protection against blades and bullets respectively. Almost all Nigerian communities claimed the possessed the charm that protects the body against weapons, be it blade or bullet. Traditional warriors and local vigilantes or militants often complete their battle regalia with displays of protection charms. Some who don’t, claimed they have undergone ritual ceremonies that fortify the body against weapons, all kinds of weapons. It is rumored that some military men before going to the war front are given charms that will protect their bodies from bullets – some who left before protection ritual, family members visit local charm makers to fortify the individual by proxy.

An important question arises, if charms were very effective, how then did the Europeans defeated Nigerian communities? African societies in the past practice pure traditional religion without syncretism, warriors and hunters adhered to terms and conditions that guarantee protecting the body from weapons, yet they were fallen by bullets! Even traditional rulers, who embody the perfection of bodily protection could not dare European guns. It was said that they could disappear when faced with danger, yet some were captured and exiled, or killed: Nana of Itsekiri, Jaja of Opobo, Oba Ovonramwem of Benin were captured and exiled; Caliph Atahiru I of Sokoto died in Battle. The fighting forces in all communities in Nigeria used charms for fortification in terms of war, yet the European Maxim gun fell them in their hundreds, and captured and colonized Nigeria entirely.

Even shrines were invaded, ransacked, looted, and destroyed.

But yet, most Nigerians still believe charms protect people from bullets – the same charms that couldn’t protect their ancestors. But then, how can one explain Pa Abraham Adesanya surviving over 40 bullets sprayed on his car without a scratch on his body or of his driver's? The man denied using protection charm, but Nigerians disagree. They believe all Nigerian leaders, and not only fighting men and criminals but also use charms for protection. And that on its own is proof that charms are potent enough to protect the body from bullets.

The human body is made of flesh and it is not hard enough to prevent a bullet from piercing it, but Nigerians believe charms are like invincible bulletproof against a bullet, and nothing can change that conviction. Criminals still go around with charms on their bodies or have been fortified by means of rituals. Even some men of the armed forces allegedly use charms to protect themselves from criminals or enemies from the front. Some even armed forces rigged their weapons with charms against enemies or criminals who have fortified their bodies.

Maybe charms can stop a bullet from penetrating the human body, maybe charms cannot. Science or ballistics insist it is impossible for bullet not to pierce the human body, sometimes with a fatal consequence, without the use of physical bulletproof. Yet again, it cannot be disproved that the spiritual realm is real and that miracles happen – as it has happened to Pa Adesanya, either through the protection of Allah, Jesus, or Charm. However it happens, the best protection against bullet remains to stay away from where gunfights are imminent or use bulletproof. There are some guns and bullets that just don’t respect prayers or charms.

Have you ever heard or witness an incident where someone survived gunshot with the help of a charm, share your experience to enlighten others.

Source:http:///s2ca83a4e200615en_ng?client=newslite

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by InvestingExpert(m): 8:15pm On Apr 20, 2021
Pa Abraham

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by NyamiriSlayer(m): 8:19pm On Apr 20, 2021
Alaye no be by mouth, come yoruba land and see confirmed charms

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Ammishaddai: 8:23pm On Apr 20, 2021
OP, what is your take on this matter?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Sammy07: 8:26pm On Apr 20, 2021
I believe that Charms exist 100%

If not for anything nah for the inter town wars I witness myself.

And also this Area clash or I should call it Junction Clash

Imagine shooting someone and bullet no enter? cry
I was upstairs tho watching everything that day. Terrible day actually.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by ExAngel007(f): 8:30pm On Apr 20, 2021
All news i have heard and seen, i saw their charms failing them.

those stuffs don't work. i bet those who survive those bullets were just lucky.

12 Likes

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 20, 2021
angry I don't know about charms o, but I know I have been shot before and nothing happened( I suspect it is a warning shot sha). To be honest I didn't even know I was shot though i heard the gunshot and the birds flying, until the next day when the villagers came gathering looking for corpse, I was actually camping in a bush and was told the Nigeria Army actually surrounded my camping ground through out the Night guarding me jealously.. Anyway grateful to them shall..to think I even overslept sef.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Ever8090: 8:39pm On Apr 20, 2021
uruba23:
angry I don't know about charms o, but I know I have been shot before and nothing happened. To be honest I didn't even know I was shot though i heard the gunshot and the birds flying, until the next day when the villagers came gathering looking for corpse, I was actually camping in a bush and was told the Nigeria Army actually surrounded my camping ground through out the Night guarding me jealously.. Anyway grateful to them shall..to think I even overslept sef.
open your mouth make we see wetin you smoke....

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ever8090:
grin grin

17 Likes

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Chidexter(m): 8:43pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ammishaddai:
OP, what is your take on this matter?

Lol, OP just do like all those people wey go come peaceful place, create trouble then run away. Later come ask wetin cause the fight.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Righteousness2(m): 8:43pm On Apr 20, 2021
No Gun , Bullet or Charm affects!
I am A CHOSEN
I am Powered by the The ALMIGHTY GOD

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Penguin2: 8:44pm On Apr 20, 2021
uruba23:
angry I don't know about charms o, but I know I have been shot before and nothing happened( I suspect it is a warning shot sha). To be honest I didn't even know I was shot though i heard the gunshot and the birds flying, until the next day when the villagers came gathering looking for corpse, I was actually camping in a bush and was told the Nigeria Army actually surrounded my camping ground through out the Night guarding me jealously.. Anyway grateful to them shall..to think I even overslept sef.

You overslept where?

This your story get K Leg abeg

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Chidexter(m): 8:45pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ever8090:

Today na 4:20 so e sure me say Oga dey on a i

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 20, 2021
Penguin2:

You overslept where?

This your story get K Leg abeg
Give it a L leg me I can't decrypt my post.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by squash47(m): 9:02pm On Apr 20, 2021
Righteousness2:
I am A CHOSEN

Wetin concern chosen for inside this matter now ?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Hardgun: 9:02pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ask Sunday ighoho

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Penguin2: 9:10pm On Apr 20, 2021
uruba23:

Give it a L leg me I can't decrypt my post.

Make una take am easy Dey lie for public forum na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 20, 2021
Penguin2:

Make una take am easy Dey lie for public forum na
Very funny who is lying, did you read between the lines.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Penguin2: 9:19pm On Apr 20, 2021
uruba23:

Very funny who is lying, did you read between the lines.

Yea.

But the more I did, the more I’m convinced I just read a lie undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 20, 2021
Penguin2:

Yea.

But the more I did, the more I’m convinced I just read a lie undecided
You didn't read where I said it was a warning shot abi, not shot at me directly, but the villagers thought I was shot at.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Totilopussylick(m): 9:39pm On Apr 20, 2021
uruba23:
l don't know who lie between you and lie lie Mohammed

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Totilopussylick(m): 9:41pm On Apr 20, 2021
Righteousness2:
I am A CHOSEN
grin na your type de die before the bullet near you.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Totilopussylick(m): 9:42pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ever8090:
Ohhhh my goodness cheesy cheesy cheesy this na epic!

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by FarahAideed: 9:44pm On Apr 20, 2021
uruba23:
You didn't read where I said it was a warning shot abi, not shot at me directly, but the villagers thought I was shot at.

So what was the Army doing there .. meanwhile you can never hear the gun shot that hits you

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by juman(m): 9:53pm On Apr 20, 2021
If you live in america you need such charm.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Monogamy: 9:58pm On Apr 20, 2021
Juju dey oo

The one I witnessed myself, na for yanch dem shoot the guy and the bullet just dey drop...

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Monogamy: 10:01pm On Apr 20, 2021
uruba23:

Like seriously? undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by criuze(m): 10:18pm On Apr 20, 2021
When the British colonials where bombarding the whole land, were was the charm and odeshi

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 20, 2021
No mind Dem juju no dey work. I personally witness robbery at b d c enugu, at night Mile, when I was traveling up north, to taraba during service year. D guys tied live tortoise around waist, the bullet still kill Dem straight. D only way to avoid bullet is to lie on ground and if possible, roll, bullets move straight. That was a day I saw live bullet in d air as fire moving in split seconds

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by sweetonugbu: 10:54pm On Apr 20, 2021
Bunkum

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by senchibi: 11:53pm On Apr 20, 2021
Righteousness2:
I am A CHOSEN
Now you've said what breeds all this your nonsense posts flooding every tread here. You seem dilutional in almost all your comments.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? by Wallade(m): 12:14am On Apr 21, 2021
NyamiriSlayer:
Alaye no be by mouth, come yoruba land and see confirmed charms

Brother mi, e get some guns wey be say, no body go tell you wey carry the odeshi or ayeta charm for body to run or disappear because if that bullet get you. Na die ohhhh.

The bullet no get jazz ohhh but if you face am, na death. You know all those bullet wey dey tear tree; dey tear walls. Even people wey wear bullet proof dey avoid that bullet when they see that gun in use against them.

Be fore warned ohhhh

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Was Removed As Lagos Governor-ambode / IPOB’s Sit-At-Home: The Self-Induced Devastation Of The South-East - The Cable / We Don’t Want To Make Our Approach Towards Release Of Nnamdi Kanu Public — Otti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.