Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,600 members, 7,840,424 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK (25990 Views)

Ekweremadu: Nobody Told Me About Kidney Transplant, Alleged Donor Tells Uk Court / I Didn't Offer To Buy Kidney - Ekweremadu Tells UK Court / Biafra: IPOB Needs Referendum Not Asylum – Nnamdi Kanu Replies UK Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by Amotolongbo(f): 9:29am On Apr 21, 2021
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) says it wants a referendum on self-determination for the south-east of Nigeria not asylum.

A referendum is a vote on which the citizens of a country give their opinion or decide an important political question. Territorial referendum could lead to breakaway of a region from a country.

TheCable had reported that the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) released new guidelines on how to treat asylum applications by members of Biafran secessionist groups.

In the guidelines, asylum is to be granted to “persecuted” members of the proscribed IPOB and the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB).

But in a swift response, the federal government said the plan by the UK to grant the group asylum undermines Nigeria’s security.

In a statement issued on Tuesday, Emma Powerful, IPOB media and publicity secretary, said while the group appreciates the gesture from the UK, what members need is a referendum not asylum.

“We the global family of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) ably led by our great and indomitable leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, has noted with satisfaction the news that the United Kingdom has agreed to grant asylum to persecuted Biafra agitators resident in the UK,” he said.

“While we commend them for this bold initiative, we wish to most graciously remind them that what we Biafrans need and cherish the most is referendum and not asylum in the UK.

“We are tired of living in bondage in the devilish contraption called Nigeria they single-handedly created.

“We would not wish our children, now and generations unborn, to share the same geo-political space with those that reward terrorists and criminalize law abiding citizens.

“We particularly thank the UK government for confirming what the rest of the civilized world already know that the great IPOB worldwide family are not terrorists but peaceful agitators and freedom fighters.

“That Nigeria is a country run by terrorists for the benefit of terrorists has been confirmed by this noble move by the United Kingdom.

“Aso Rock, the seat of power in Nigeria is a terrorist haven with serving ministers who are openly sympathetic to terrorists and their activities coming and going as they please, while freedom fighters are languishing in jail. We want freedom not asylum.”

https://www.thecable.ng/we-want-referendum-not-asylum-ipob-tells-uk

114 Likes 11 Shares

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by Kriss216: 9:33am On Apr 21, 2021
Eyes on the trophy... Referendum or Nothing!

God bless IPOB
God bless ESN
God bless MNK

388 Likes 24 Shares

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by PlayMaker14: 9:33am On Apr 21, 2021
The British and their cunning ways of life would be a nice course in every Political Science department.

Same people who deliberately refuse to douse the tension prior to the civil war?

Same British monsters who used every weapon including food blockades to plunge the SE into massive hunger and to humble Biafrans?
Very funny.....

I will advise they channel this new love to help Nigerians fish out and deal ruthlessly with those responsible for the LEKKI MASSACRE..

I said this yesterday, the British should keep their asylum, What Biafrans need is Referendum and with God on their side, they'll achieve their aim.

244 Likes 13 Shares

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by MajesticKris: 9:37am On Apr 21, 2021
Yeah!! That's what we want, What the UK did is tantamount to China going all out to encourage South Korea, without minding how North Korea will feel or Russia recognizing Taiwan and opening diplomatic relations with them without minding how their Chinese friends will feel.

This move alone should convince anyone who thinks critically that Nigeria is about to unravel. ..

So long UK has recognized BIAFRA!!

I DONT CARE!!

137 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by slimfit1(m): 9:47am On Apr 21, 2021
Too many terrorist in Nigerian government they don't understand International Law.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by Nigeriabiafra82: 9:48am On Apr 21, 2021
biafra is already here and there is nothing you can do about it

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by Amotolongbo(f): 9:50am On Apr 21, 2021
slimfit1:
Too many terrorist in Nigerian government they don't understand International Law.
Nigerian Government is terrorism on her own

193 Likes 10 Shares

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by dvdwed(m): 9:53am On Apr 21, 2021
Smart one. They want to lure us all away to leave our land to their northern cronies.

Referendum is the way out.

Lets end these fraudulent union.

173 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by jlinkd78(m): 10:03am On Apr 21, 2021
Yes oooh

6 Likes

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by Monogamy: 10:04am On Apr 21, 2021
grin

Una see puna still dey find hair.....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:22am On Apr 21, 2021
The North will do everything in their means to make sure Nigeria doesn't divide because they have everything to lose but Nigeria can't be forever, we Yorubas want to be, Igbos want to be, so how will the North do this, for how long can they hold it

183 Likes 10 Shares

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by Fejoku: 11:24am On Apr 21, 2021
Amotolongbo:

https://www.thecable.ng/we-want-referendum-not-asylum-ipob-tells-uk
Aptly put by our tireless Emma Powerful. We appreciate the British for listening to the voice of reasoning but we want to remind them that our call is for referendum to decide our fate. We all can't leave our ancestral land and relocate to the UK. We are in tens of millions so such move will put a strain to even the UK economy. A referendum will confirm the aspirations of majority of our people that Biafra or an Igbo nation is our choice.
We were no slaves.
We are not slaves.
We will never be slaves.
God Bless lPOB (GBI)
God Bless Biafra (GBB).

98 Likes 9 Shares

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by NigeriaIsZOO: 11:34am On Apr 21, 2021
MajesticKris:
Yeah!! That's what we want, What the UK did is tantamount to China going all out to encourage South Korea, without minding how North Korea will feel or Russia recognizing Taiwan and opening diplomatic relations with them without minding how their Chinese friends will feel.

This move alone should convince anyone who thinks critically that Nigeria is about to unravel
. ..

So long UK has recognized BIAFRA!!

I DONT CARE!!

Bro, you took the part in bold from my post without recognizing me?

https://www.nairaland.com/6516438/uk-asylum-biafrans-why-pro#100979205

That's plagiarism but I will forgive you since you're a Biafran grin

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by MajesticKris: 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2021
Thank you...

NigeriaIsZOO:

Bro, you took the part in bold from my post without recognizing me?

https://www.nairaland.com/6516438/uk-asylum-biafrans-why-pro#100979205

That's plagiarism but I will forgive you since you're a Biafran grin

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by Wonk(m): 1:51pm On Apr 21, 2021
Holy cow!
I'm lovin' it...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by qualityovenbake(m): 2:45pm On Apr 21, 2021
Referendum...

11 Likes

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:45pm On Apr 21, 2021
Yeah

1 Like

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by Biafranboys: 2:46pm On Apr 21, 2021
Yes, asylum means running away from your country, zoogeria is gone and only a mad igbo man would want to be president of a failed zoo.

In 2023 igbos will get sense, once they deny them presidency they would all want biafra

Zoogeria is gone

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by Dailymice: 2:46pm On Apr 21, 2021
angry
Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:46pm On Apr 21, 2021
jaxxy:
Uk can’t give u that only Nigeria can now.
It's all a matter of time.
A peaceful Nigeria is all we want.
God bless Nigeria.

AnanseK:

Good riddance , all of us Nigerians want this referendum . We are tired of Igbos.

Britain can give what they describe as asylum, But I don’t know how Britain can authorize a referendum.
Tired of Igbos, but they consist only 4% of true and genuine igbos that love our country to the moon and back.

We true igbos love our nation since the days of our fore fore fore fathers and here we shall remain.

Monogamy:
grin
Una see puna still dey find hair.....
Please, what's puna?
Like Puma shoes aight
Do you mean they are looking for puma shoes or something
But what has Puma shoes has to do with this ?

We would not wish our children, now and generations unborn, to share the same geo-political space with those that reward terrorists and criminalize law abiding citizens.
God is Good. cool

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by GodHatesBigots(m): 2:46pm On Apr 21, 2021
Yes.

Referendum to free every man, woman, child and tribe from this MISERY called NIGGER-RIA.

11 Likes

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by jaxxy(m): 2:46pm On Apr 21, 2021
Uk can’t give u that only Nigeria can now.

2 Likes

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by Revere27: 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2021
Naa poco a poco method.... little by little

Una go still get am but patience is required grin

2 Likes

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by mrbrodaman: 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2021
They seem determined sha. Turning down UK visa for what they believe in.
I have to say their believe is admirable.

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by franchasng: 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2021
UK, US and European country governments should also make a law forbidden Muslim terrorists like Buhari occupying African countries' Presidential seats from coming to their countries to seek for medical treatment or education of their terrorist children cool

If the world wants to fight global terrorism, then world leaders must clamp down on Muslim terrorists leading most countries as Presidents, starting with Jihad loving Buhari the terrorist in chief of Aso Rock and his fellow terrorist ministers like Pantami.

As for division of Nigeria, it is highly necessary to divide Nigeria to as many counties as possible for peace to reign and to save our children from Muslim terrorists and Fulani expansion crusaders working hard to Fulanize Nigeria at all cost.

Yes I own houses in Lagos, Abuja and other areas but I don't care losing it to Yorubas and Abuja indigenes if dividing Nigeria peacefully will lead to forfeiting those properties because Biafran Dream is bigger than any property any Igbo man or woman own in present Nigeria.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by ecolime(m): 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2021
I support.

This is a hard position to take for all lovers of Nigeria but this is the best in everyone's interest. Nigeria is not working.

27 Likes

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by RichDad1(m): 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2021
The chicken is coming home to roost.

8 Likes

Re: We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 21, 2021
[quote author= post=100992356][/quote] till your meat burn

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Former DSP, Lasun Yusuf, Formally Decamps To PDP (Photos) / Senator Omo-agege Withdraws From Resumption At Nigerian Senate / Nigerians To Know Their President Latest Wednesday - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.