Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,915 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:33 PM

How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat (1580 Views)

Emir Sanusi Warns Against Repeat Of 1966 Coup / Opinion Poll:was It Buhari's Body Language That Killed Alamieyeseigha? Yes Or No / AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by Abagworo(m): 12:43am On Apr 22, 2011
Photo: Sun News Publishing More Friday, April 22 , 2011 The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has described last Saturday’s presidential election as the most systematically rigged in Nigeria’s electoral history, warning against a repeat of such malfeasance in Tuesday’s governorship/state assembly poll. “The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has been boasting that it will clinch the governorship election in Lagos and elsewhere on the strength of the result of the presidential election but we must warn strongly that a repeat of the crooked strategy that spewed out those cooked figures will have consequences that no one has yet imagined,’’ the party said in a statement issued by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, in Ilorin on Thursday. It said the plan by the PDP was to massively rig the governorship and state assembly election, especially in areas where President Goodluck Jonathan scored victories, to give the world the impression that the result of the presidential election was not a fluke. ‘’President Jonathan should call his dogs of war at the PDP to order so that they will not push their luck by attempting to thwart the will of the people any more than they have already done with the grim consequences that we all can now see,’’ the party said. The ACN said the PDP simply stole more than enough for the owner to notice during last Saturday’s presidential election, forgetting that if anyone thinks he knows how to hide things, others also know how to find them. ‘’What the PDP did last Saturday was simple: They colluded with security agents and INEC officials to cook figures, which have now turned out to be their undoing because the cooking was not intelligently carried out. ‘’An analysis of the results put out by the INEC itself has shown a troubling pattern of clear manipulation. Everywhere the PDP perceived it was strong, it came out with incredibly high numbers of voters in his favour. Conversely, anywhere the opposition was perceived to be strong; the
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by Abagworo(m): 12:46am On Apr 22, 2011
Also, while the margin of victory for the PDP in the South-south is 98 per cent and for the South-east 98.9 per cent, the highest margin of victory for the CPC in the North-west, where Buhari comes from, is 55.8 per cent, ’’ the ACN said. The party added that when the ballot papers would be subjected to forensic analysis, the world would realise that what appeared to be free and fair election at the polling units was a mere façade. It slammed the election observers for rushing to tell the world that the whole election process was free, fair and credible whereas they were busy playing to the gallery in urban centres while the PDP colluded with the INEC and security officials in the hinterland to concoct figures that were only real in their imagination. ‘’We wonder if those who have been rushing to congratulate President Jonathan would still do so if they are aware of the analysis to which the election figures have been subjected. We hope they are not acting more out of their concern for the continuous flow of the black gold than for the growth of genuine democracy in Nigeria,’’ ACN said.
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by ektbear: 12:56am On Apr 22, 2011
^-- Link:
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/apr/22/national-22-04-2011-002.htm

I'm glad the ACN made this statement. He who has ears, let him hear.

Anyway, I don't think Goodluck will try to rig in the SW, unless he truly wants Nigeria to boil. He might try to rig the Benue gubernatorial elections against the ACN, though.
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by koruji(m): 1:53am On Apr 22, 2011
I especially like this part: "ACN said the PDP simply stole more than enough for the owner  to  notice during last Saturday’s presidential election, forgetting  that if  anyone thinks he knows how to hide things, others also know  how to find them. ‘’What the PDP did last Saturday was simple: They colluded  with security  agents and INEC officials to cook figures, which have  now turned out to  be their undoing because the cooking was not intelligently  carried out."

PDP should not think they are deceiving anyone, and should know better than to try that s.hit in the SW on April 26th. Enough word for the wise!!!

ekt_bear:

^-- Link:
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/apr/22/national-22-04-2011-002.htm

Anyway, I don't think Goodluck will try to rig in the SW, unless he truly wants Nigeria to boil. He might try to rig the Benue gubernatorial elections against the ACN, though.

Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by Nadanbata: 2:35am On Apr 22, 2011
Lmao. People are slowly slowly noticing the systematic rigging carried out by the PDP in the elections. Soon we will see the whole picture.

Lets see 22 million different finger prints on them papers when they get re examined. I dey Laugh hard o cheesy cheesy

Coming Governor elections could prove to be one of the turning points of Nigeria.
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by Nobody: 2:40am On Apr 22, 2011
So how is ACN planning on tackling poll rigging?

And what is the sentence?
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by Kilode1: 2:56am On Apr 22, 2011
The election was a farce, a product of a shytty system.

No matter how much fragrance you spray oh shytte, it is still shyyte.
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by Nadanbata: 2:58am On Apr 22, 2011
‘’It is also instructive that even though Edo State is in the South-south, the turnout was only 37%, apparently since the state was not believed - by the figure cooks - to be sympathetic to President Jonathan, being controlled by the ACN.

so Edo state is 37% turnout cheesy  But neigbouring Delta state is 70% turnout ?  cheesy

PDP = Rig Rig Rig
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by Gbawe: 8:31am On Apr 22, 2011
ekt_bear:

^-- Link:

Did I not tell you they will , when the time is right, while folks were speaking emotionally about how the ACN colluded to hand victory to GEJ ? The ACN simply did not want to make rash announcements at a very volatile period. Folks should condemn violence unequivocally and head to Court. We can be optimistic that electoral fraud will be reversed by the Judiciary.
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by Ystranger: 8:39am On Apr 22, 2011
Kilode?!:

The election was a farce, a product of a shytty system.

No matter how much fragrance you spray oh shytte, it is still shyyte.

Very unfortunate.

I am beginning to think that the election was massively rigged.
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by ektbear: 8:44am On Apr 22, 2011
All Yoruba hands need to be on deck. We cannot afford any more slacking.

@Gbawe: I hope your ACN boys are not fvcking around and playing games here. We cannot afford any wuru wuru. For all we know, in four years time naija might be no more (especially if this trend of large-scale, almost comical rigging continues.) I hope we won't be caught unprepared in that eventuality. Not only is good governance needed over the next 4 years, we need excellent governance.
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by Rhino5dm: 8:50am On Apr 22, 2011
The only language cowards understand is violence. In as much as i hate seeing innocent lives been wasted, Am totally in support of lynching any mofo that tries to

steal peoples mandate.

The question here is , could they try rigging in the north??

The massage was loud and clear "RIG AND ROAST", Nah! the PDP really under estmated the capabilities of Almajiri in formulating violence when cheated or not.

So, I declear "Let there be wild wild west" in any attempt of subverting the wish of the masses.

we can continue to have always wrong.

Enough of this rubbish. let the east mortgage their soul for peanuts.
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by lionness(f): 9:20am On Apr 22, 2011
This should go to court! The results are totally fraudulent. GEJ is a fraud, and Im ashamed prof JEGA is nothing but a dog.
Lets see if GEJ can defend his candidacy, and if all these useless and inflated numbers can be defended.
GEJ made a big mistake immediately he inflated his numbers in the SW. I dont care about the SS people rigging for him, but nah, not down here. Everyone is aware something wasnt right by now! cool
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by rosefleurs: 9:49am On Apr 22, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

The only language cowards understand is violence. In as much as i hate seeing innocent lives been wasted, Am totally in support of lynching any mofo that tries to

steal peoples mandate.

The question here is , could they try rigging in the north??

The massage was loud and clear "RIG AND ROAST", Nah! the PDP really under estmated the capabilities of Almajiri in formulating violence when cheated or not.

So, I declear "Let there be wild wild west" in any attempt of subverting the wish of the masses.

we can continue to have always wrong.

Enough of this rubbish. let the east mortgage their soul for peanuts.

[size=14pt]INTERNET GANGSTA![/size]  clap! clap! clap!

When the war comes, don't hide under the bed, ok?  Be one of the very few brave souls with matchette in hand standing at the front door of your house ready to protect all that dwells there.

You have no idea what you're inciting.
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by Ystranger: 9:52am On Apr 22, 2011
^^^

This is the internet my dear.

We are all tough guys here grin
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by karlmax2: 11:23am On Apr 22, 2011
ACNshould shut up in my ward alone in lagos their agent and an ACNcouncellor in eti osa tried to rig the election in favour of ACNbut thank God the people protected their vote they wanted to bribe police and the PDP agent to add the remaining ballot not used to the acni have it all with video and sound which I have fowarded to the inec they should go to court to present there proof.that is how they rigged the senate and house of rep election by giving locals 1000 to vote the evidence is aready with lagos inec so CPC and acnshould to the same thing I did send ur evidence to inec and stop the blabbing of rigging while the whole world watched as children were voted for buhari
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by seanet02: 11:58am On Apr 22, 2011
Rig the election in South East and all you will see is Skirmishes
Rig the election in the South West and experienced the Revolution that will end this Democracy!!
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by blacksta(m): 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2011
As day by day goes  - that fraud called presidential election will eventually be exposed-  A simple finger analysis would reveal the root . No matter how the long the darkness - Truth will rise
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by francisj(m): 12:26pm On Apr 22, 2011
i dont give a damn who rig election or who win ! that does not justify why someone should die,

I only advises that youth should be ready and not allow any body

end their life in the name of rejecting election results.

Anybody that is aggreive ,should go and look 4 the politians or their party

Secretariat (carried out his wicked plan) and not attacking innocent/helpless people,

I hate to say it ,but the truth still remains that while other youths(SW & SE) are busy getting education,

our own northern robot are busy learnig on how to uses "Jazs" as means of preventing attack,no wonder almajiri

can attacked ,(confidences of their jazs)

I advised other Nigeria youth to go back to their cultuer, particularly those in the north to use their brain this time around.

It's seem as if the time have come for people to return back to the "grassroots",get prevention against

knives,stones,bullets and if possible "dead".This are the only solution to this type of violence.
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by seanet02: 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2011
francisj:

i dont give a damn who rig election or who win ! that does not justify why someone should die,

I only advises that youth should be ready and not allow any body

end their life in the name of rejecting election results.

Anybody that is aggreive ,should go and look 4 the politians or their party

Secretariat (carried out his wicked plan) and not attacking innocent/helpless people,

I hate to say it ,but the truth still remains that while other youths(SW & SE) are busy getting education,

our own northern robot are busy learnig on how to uses "Jazs" as means of preventing attack,no wonder almajiri

can attacked ,(confidences of their jazs)

I advised other Nigeria youth to go back to their cultuer, particularly those in the north to use their brain this time around.

It's seem as if the time have come for people to return back to the "grassroots",get prevention against

knives,stones,bullets and if possible "dead".This are the only solution to this type of violence.

So we should allow PDP to Rig the elections!!
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by Beaf: 12:35pm On Apr 22, 2011
Its quite foolish for any political party to emit hot air the way ACN is doing. If ACN knows any facts about rigging in the last elections, the proper thing to do is get those elections nullified by legal means, not make empty announcements that are geared toward bringing out voters after a low turn out last time around. That tactic is crude.

There might be no almajiri's in the SW, but the subliminal message is as clear as crystal.
Nigeria surely doesn't need this sort of primitive and dangerous politicing. It MUST be condemned in the strongest terms by all right thinking Nigerians.
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by blacksta(m): 12:54pm On Apr 22, 2011
Beaf:

Its quite foolish for any political party to emit hot air the way ACN is doing. If ACN knows any facts about rigging in the last elections, the proper thing to do is get those elections nullified by legal means, not make empty announcements that are geared toward bringing out voters after a low turn out last time around. That tactic is crude.

There might be no almajiri's in the SW, but the subliminal message is as clear as crystal.
Nigeria surely doesn't need this sort of primitive and dangerous politicing. It MUST be condemned in the strongest terms by all right thinking Nigerians.

From what i heard from a source - that is plan - i am sure you aware of the ACN's legal experience in up turning fraudulent or sham elections

it is so sad we are back where we started .
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by OmoTier1(m): 1:00pm On Apr 22, 2011
Beaf:

this PDP agbero is out again! Warri mufu. Do you think we are talking about oil bunkering here?

Go back and re-read the article, then go and re-read similar analysis carried out by Prof. Aluko.Only a dullard will still continue to believe the presidential elections was not rigged in SS & SE

FYI, if your PDP rogue party tries to rig the governorship & HOA elections in SW & Edo State, be rest asured that your GEJ and his clout of crooks will become fugitive in CAPE VERDE!

Enough is Enough
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by 10cirenoh: 1:17pm On Apr 22, 2011
Free and Fair indeed, i am sorry to say, but the next 4 years is going to be really HOT, call me prophet of DOOM, but it's as clear as day!
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by Gbawe: 2:13pm On Apr 22, 2011
10cirenoh:

Free and Fair indeed, i am sorry to say, but the next 4 years is going to be really HOT, call me prophet of DOOM, but it's as clear as day!

I think so too. With the way votes were cast , it is clear Majority in the North opposed GEJ's ambition . What that implies is for anyone to interprete and for time to confirm or disprove. It is funny some think , by voting GEJ , they are voting out the "born-to-rule" North . People should look closely at all the Northerners behind GEJ . They are also "born-to-rule" in inclination. Their history shows it eg Yuguda who worked passionately to ensure comatose Yar Adua was propped up as "fit and recovering" just to prevent power being handed to GEJ. The "born-to-rule" supporters of GEJ only differ to Ciroma et al in the sense that they do not mind to rule by proxy and through a 'front' . We will see how Jonathan will perform the miracle of working against the interest of his Northern 'backers' (and they are many) to deliver for Non-Northerners who voted for him unreservedly .
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by Beaf: 2:21pm On Apr 22, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

this PDP agbero is out again! Warri mufu. Do you think we are talking about oil bunkering here?

Go back and re-read the article, then go and re-read similar analysis carried out by Prof. Aluko.Only a dullard will still continue to believe the presidential elections was not rigged in SS & SE

FYI, if your PDP rogue party tries to rig the governorship & HOA elections in SW & Edo State, be rest asured that your GEJ and his clout of crooks will become fugitive in CAPE VERDE!

Enough is Enough

Do you think you sound clever? What is your shameless display of ethnic bigotry about?
Guy, you sound just like one of the almajiri's killing innocent people in the North, and it doesn't surprise me in the least.

Get things done legally and in a civilised way if you have evidence, or shut up.
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by Beaf: 2:25pm On Apr 22, 2011
Gbawe:

I think so too. With the way votes were cast , it is clear Majority in the North opposed GEJ's ambition . What that implies is for anyone to interprete and for time to confirm or disprove. It is funny some think , by voting GEJ , they are voting out the "born-to-rule" North . People should look closely at all the Northerners behind GEJ . They are also "born-to-rule" in inclination. Their history shows it eg Yuguda who worked passionately to ensure comatose Yar Adua was propped up as "fit and recovering" just to prevent power being handed to GEJ. The "born-to-rule" supporters of GEJ only differ to Ciroma et al in the sense that they do not mind to rule by proxy and through a 'front' . We will see how Jonathan will perform the miracle of working against the interest of his Northern 'backers' (and they are many) to deliver for Non-Northerners who voted for him unreservedly .

Damn!
Abeg, where is the peppersoup that your audience can use to down the crazy rumours from your mill?
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by Rhino5dm: 2:31pm On Apr 22, 2011
How dare you refer to a guy that fought in both Liberia and Darfur as internet gangsta?

PM me here for some action. .mt.naija@yahoo.com

rosefleurs:

[size=14pt]INTERNET GANGSTA![/size]  clap! clap! clap!

When the war comes, don't hide under the bed, ok?  Be one of the very few brave souls with matchette in hand standing at the front door of your house ready to protect all that dwells there.

You have no idea what you're inciting.
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by rosefleurs: 2:49pm On Apr 22, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

How dare you refer to a guy that fought in both Liberia and Darfur as internet gangsta?

PM me here for some action. .mt.naija@yahoo.com

You are not serious.
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by Gbawe: 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2011
Beaf:

Damn!
Abeg, where is the peppersoup that your audience can use to down the crazy rumours from your mill?

Dude , are you OK? Is this how you plan to spend the next four years ? I.e 'policing' negative opinions folks hold regarding your master?
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by Abagworo(m): 2:56pm On Apr 22, 2011
I still doubt if this stolen mandate will last long.It is only a matter of time.
Re: How Presidential Poll Was Rigged -acn : Warns Against Repeat by EkoIle1: 3:08pm On Apr 22, 2011
These PDP cheats are pushing their luck, the only answer/final answer to this endless sad story in Nigeria is popular revolt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Legalising Prostitution In Nigeria! / A Must Read , And Control Yourself While You Laugh . / Gov Amaechi Has 187 Policemen Attached To Him - Police PRO.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.