Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences (20046 Views)

Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall (meme Collection) / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection / The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Stevyne: 12:11pm On Apr 25, 2021
AntiNigerian:
you mean she actually set questions in German language?
Not german language.

Questions without options, just write down the name
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by adedehinbo(m): 12:15pm On Apr 25, 2021
greggng:
For those saying men dont shade tears , they should ve a rethink. Mine was like this. I didn't have money to buy a financial accounting hand out ...so I photocopied a friend own and downloaded it in my head . In same hand out , the lecturer has already installed a sheet of paper where you start writing your test from . Because I photocopied, I didn't have such ....he equally signed on it so that people won't fake it ...I did my test on another paper and he didn't complain ...I thought I have escaped untill on the day of our exam... the lady sitting next to me asked me to assist her with an answer to a particular question ....which I gladly did...not knowing that the lecturer was behind me....he didn't waste time in circling my paper and writing minus 30 remarks ...infact , I didn't know how tears started coming down.....that lecturer is very wicked ....the word mercy is not in his book....I started crying cos I know I am in deep mess... I know many of you would like to hear what he told me while I was crying ...if you 're interested mention me.....I have not forgotten what he told me till date
what was his reply?and did he mark the sheet of paper u wrote on
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by greggng: 12:18pm On Apr 25, 2021
adedehinbo:
what was his reply?and did he mark the sheet of paper u wrote on

The lecturer gave me a handkerchief to clean my tears ....he mocked me and called me Efico ....slangs used for brilliant person ....he continued by mocking me ...telling me .,don't worry u are intelligent ...u will pass...clean your tears. Unfortunately my tears couldn't stop ....I kept crying untill he dropped the bomb....He said ...WHEN YOU SET A GOAL , YOU PURSUE IT RUGGEDLY ...The interpretation of his statement is the secret to whatever success I have recorded in life. .

After the exam I went spiritual ....I visited two churches where I did fasting and prayers ....God did it for me , I came out in flying colours ...The lecturer later became my friend cos I taught some of his students during their preparation for Nabteb exam...I don't know if I got the spelling right .I was told is an exam that is equivalent to waec or necco. This lecturer has a private tutorial centre where he solicited for my help ..PLS DONT FORGET HIS WORDS ......WHEN U SET A GOAL PURSUE IT RUGGEDLY ...

1 Like

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Dre183(m): 12:27pm On Apr 25, 2021
This made me remember Quantitative Techniques(QT) in my HND 1 ... Their is this particular topic in that course (linear programming application to business). U go draw table tire, one answer in each table Leeds to another workings.

I spent 2hrs on just one question in the exam of 3hrs.... Come see as niggars dey sweat for exam Hall that day.. I ended up scoring 55 in that course.
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by cayorday89(m): 1:02pm On Apr 25, 2021
400lvl international finance, can't remember the course code, exam was 3 and half hours for you to know how tough it was, even in class when solving solutions lecturer dey make mistake and one question could take roughly 4 to 5 pages to answer, entered hall and was close marked by invigilators cause everyone carry small put for head say we go combine answer, plan failed, instead of crying I slept for the better part of the exam, was not the only one though, woke up added some jargon make paper for no empty at the end of it all, had D, which we call dA Oriyomi..

1 Like

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Sandydayziz(f): 1:09pm On Apr 25, 2021
Meself:
Eya
Pele

Thanks o jare cheesy
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by phransix2: 2:26pm On Apr 25, 2021
macnino399:
yeah , like what's the GPA range of making the Dean's list?

4.0 depends

1 Like

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Hemmataiwo10(m): 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2021
I hate to be denied help,common atomic number of uranium from a girl I cherished and respected in my dpt who then said "No",like av you forgotten me,i later used a figure for my calculation, hoops,it was almost close. I passed shaa,but I cried that night sha.
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by category(m): 5:04pm On Apr 25, 2021
As a fresher then in 1998, I was 'jacking' seriously for a particular course not knowing that the exam was already going on. Perhaps I didn't check the time table very well. I thought it was scheduled for 12 noon not knowing it was supposed to be 9am.
I always like to be in the exam Hall hours before the exam so when I got to the hall, i was already 30 minutes behind schedule. I begged that I should be allowed to write 'cos I quite know this course so well. The invigilator refused and that was how I carried the course over.

I no cry Sha cos big Boyz don't cry...

I had to write one course also in my professional exams (6 times) before I passed it. And this happens to be the course I enjoy and like most. SFM do me shege...

But I no dey give up....

All that one na history now....

1 Like

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Asadujames202(m): 8:00pm On Apr 25, 2021
Laurene:
did you school in UNN?

Yes oooooo

Are you a lioness?

What year?
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by KidDarkness(m): 9:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
1F30M4:
Na 200L embryology dah year.. With those "borrowed" GSS courses like NPC, etcetera, I still think sey na 100L I dey.. Na Prof. Udemezue(of blessed memory now) officially welcome me to 200L..

Im must come exam hall anyday wey we get im paper, infact na im dey arrange every every still invigilate.. Sooo dah day, we don dey wait for am since 2pm, we no see am.. Everybody don dey happy sey las las dah exam no go hold.. Omo naim dis man jus rush in around 5pm, wey everybody don already commot mind, im no even give us time & everywhere don dey dark small small..

We write dah exam o but we carry am over sha, after pesin don chop how many okpa sef, drink mineral ontop all the night reading, class revision abeg abeg the flesh & spirit is not willing again, lataaro both of them are tired jare.. Na for chapel my cry start, carryover yen ja mi lara je, after all my preparation, e pain me enter bone marrow.. Olowogbogboro se iyanu ni second sitting smiley
Okpa and mineral or zobo na lifesaver for school

1 Like

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by chatinent: 10:37pm On Apr 25, 2021
saphiere:
Thanks

You mah say thanks. Itiboribo eju obodo.
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Starships4u(m): 10:48pm On Apr 25, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Exactly! I've never been a crammer! I always try to understand, that way I can always write in my own words, and add one or two specifics for effect.

But that course that semester was pure jargons, lecturer didn't even teach it properly. So I was just cramming what I didn't understand!!!

Never again, sha! Never again!
The last day I crammed (I've honestly forgotten how to cram now) was the day I forgot the spelling of APRIL in an exam hall..
I'd never forget JSS3 Junior Waec English Paper.

2 Likes

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:18pm On Apr 25, 2021
Starships4u:

The last day I crammed (I've honestly forgotten how to cram now) was the day I forgot the spelling of APRIL in an exam hall..
I'd never forget JSS3 Junior Waec English Paper.

Lmao cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by dljbd1(m): 10:44am On Apr 26, 2021
jimmyolasun:
hmm

there in the Hall I sat happily after hours of copying my efiko friend in an exam before we got to know that the objective exam was in "types".. my efiko friend is type b while mine was type e(same questions but re arranged answers). me I just dey tick a,b,c,d dey go.

naa from front dey announced correction for a particular question,naa there all our eyes open.

we should have seen the red flags

1. you paint your answers with pen on the question paper so no erasing.

2. the socio distancing no too much. we all thought we hit jackpot.

on realising say we Don do rubbish, and no way to make amendment. na im dey announce 10minutes more!!

tho I no fit cry, I just sat there helpless wishing I had prepared for the exam as I watch my future dey evaporate as the remaining 10 minutes dey tick tock dey go... naa that day I know wetin depression be. right from inside the Hall everything just change. my soul literally left my body.

I failed the course woefully
I swears....This is so funny

grin

2 Likes

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by alleazardous(m): 1:35pm On Apr 29, 2021
Hmmm, I remembered just like yesterday, it was during my second year, PHY208(computational physics).
I could still remember the way I was teaching my colleagues a night before the exam, I was so sure of A in this particular course because I understand it quite well. Exam was scheduled for 8am I thought it was 9am, it was when I got to the school gate that someone told me my colleagues were already in the exam hall, Omo I carry speed from gate reach hall, had to beg before I was allowed to enter. The man carry me go front I was smiling cos the questions dey cheap, 30 mins into the exam my brain off, I wan mad cos I was like this question wey I solve yesterday night... To cut the story short I had C my colleagues had A. I guess it was due to my late coming to the hall and my running down there
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by dljbd1(m): 11:01am On May 03, 2021
Let me add mine.

I used to have this habit of not reading until few days to the exam. Even if I no sabi the course, I no go open book until few days to exam. It worked for my in secondary sch so the habit follow me enter Uni.

So 200L first semester during exams, I just dey jack this particular course with vigor thinking it was the paper I had the following day.
I was so confident in myself and got to the exam hall quite on time for the paper...e sure me die say na capital letter A I go get.
But I was careful not to talk too much so I don't forget all I read. I just sat down quietly while waiting for the invigilator.
He came in and and I arranged myself, ready to drop all my brains down for this lecturer....question papers went round and we were told to turn it as the lecture signaled that we had 2hrs for the exam.

Omo...I turn am Ooo, na so cold from no where just cover me. I started sweating profusely. All the questions I was seeing didn't look like they were for the course I prepared for...it looks like another course like that.
Just to confirm, I checked the heading and that was when I knew I had Bleep-ed up.
Na another course I dey see Ooo...Omo
I was totally blank. How the hell did I make this mistake.

I couldn't sort help from friends cos we had more than 2 invigilators roaming about in the small hall. I just couldn't cry sha.
I calmed down, wrote out my name in full on my answer sheet, dropped my pen, and slept off.

This was a 3unit course.

Now, I was so demoralized that I just lost interest in everything. The next day was now the exam I jacked for but I just couldn't pen down anything. This was a 2unit course. I was so sad and just wrote my name and slept.

Las las, I had F in both courses and it really affected my CGPA. Dropped me to 2.2

Wrote them the following year and had A and B respectively.

But sha, this experience taught me 2 lessons,
- Don't wait until exams before you read....I no be genius so make I no do pass myself.
- Always double check your exam timetable with course mates. I do this everyday throughout the exam period.

These 2 lessons helped me bounce back to 2.1 at the time I graduated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Students Generally Study The Wrong Majors At Undergrad Level / JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours / First Class In The University: Is It Hard?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.