Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,650 members, 7,851,223 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:18 PM

Was Gaddafi Mad? Should Nigeria be divided? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Gaddafi Mad? Should Nigeria be divided? (947 Views)

Poll: Should Nigeria be divided?

One Entity: 0% (0 votes)
Two Entities: 25% (2 votes)
Three Entities: 75% (6 votes)
None of the Above: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

b / Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? / Should Nigeria Be Divided? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Gaddafi Mad? Should Nigeria be divided? by saintneo(m): 3:39pm On Apr 22, 2011
Approximately one year ago, Gaddafi in a speech declared that Nigeria should be split into two - Christian and Muslim Nations like Pakistan and India. However, a counter statement was echo my our Senate President David - Gaddafi is a madman!

Inasmuch as both men do have some insanity in their heads, I am beginning that the words of Gaddafi are the reality that faces the Nigeria of today. Do you think Nigeria can do better as a divided nation with the:
[list]
[li]South: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Oyo, Edo, Kwara, Kogi, Abuja, Nasarawa, Benue, Taraba, Anambra, Delta, Enugu, Rivers, Imo, Abia, Ebonyi, Cross River, South Kaduna, South Plateau, Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa (Capital = Asaba(North Delta))[/li]

[li]North: Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara, Niger, Kastina, North Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa, Yobe, Bauchi, Borno, Adamawa, Gombe and North Plateau. (Capital = Kano)[/li]
[/list]

2kobo
Re: Was Gaddafi Mad? Should Nigeria be divided? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 22, 2011
The ganja never clear for your face
Re: Was Gaddafi Mad? Should Nigeria be divided? by saintneo(m): 3:44pm On Apr 22, 2011
^^^ I no need ganja cool cool cool cool
Re: Was Gaddafi Mad? Should Nigeria be divided? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 22, 2011
We are not the largest  country in the world and our diversity will still be our power,wth the new thinking in the west of forcefull getting resources by force,we will be vunerable and will be an easy taget,its better we remain a strong country but have a master plan for northern Nigeria ,to accelerate to normal way of life in terms of education,poverty reduction ,enterprise creation.dividing the  place is not a solution.
Re: Was Gaddafi Mad? Should Nigeria be divided? by meine: 3:55pm On Apr 22, 2011
@Poster

A POINT OF CORRECTION

Kindly note that India is not a Christian state, The most popular religion in India is Hinduism, practiced by about 80.5% of the population. thanks
Re: Was Gaddafi Mad? Should Nigeria be divided? by saintneo(m): 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2011
olas2u:

We are not the largest  country in the world and our diversity will still be our power,wth the new thinking in the west of forcefull getting resources by force,we will be vunerable and will be an easy taget,its better we remain a strong country but have a master plan for northern Nigeria ,to accelerate to normal way of life in terms of education,poverty reduction ,enterprise creation.dividing the  place is not a solution.
You point is very true; however, in the event in which the north has refused to develop despite all the opportunity offered. Do you still feel the master plan would work? Also, on the military/defence issue - I think the south can re-develop a better military.
meine:

@Poster

A POINT OF CORRECTION

Kindly note that India is not a Christian state, The most popular religion in India is Hinduism, practiced by about 80.5% of the population. thanks
Okay! However, the creation of both states India and Pakistan was based on Religious divisions.
Re: Was Gaddafi Mad? Should Nigeria be divided? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 22, 2011
saintneo:

You point is very true; however, in the event in which the north has refused to develop despite all the opportunity offered. Do you still feel the master plan would work? Also, on the military/defence issue - I think the south can re-develop a better military.Okay! However, the creation of both states India and Pakistan was based on Religious divisions.

The reason why Nigeria is on the list of the next 11 contries is because of the size ,but its possible to develop the north,but it may not be a short term plan,but you need to engage people,most of the citizens from this areas dont have skills to to live a better life.The country could also be divided and the population increased .But a small country could be taken over,libya is 7m and you can see the intrest from the west to control resources over there .
Re: Was Gaddafi Mad? Should Nigeria be divided? by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 26, 2011
From a hausa fulani. Yes nigeria should break and i just hope nasarawa will go with you cos if it doesnt hmmm all the greed for abuja goes away. Eyya
Re: Was Gaddafi Mad? Should Nigeria be divided? by ektbear: 12:49am On Apr 26, 2011
Gadaffi was right.

I'd like to see Niger State go with the south though.

And I'd prefer a capital further south as well, Abuja is too far north. Something on the coast would be nice. Or perhaps distribute federal buildings throughout the south, rather than concentrating them in one city? I dunno, later is probably a bad idea for logistics reasons
Re: Was Gaddafi Mad? Should Nigeria be divided? by ektbear: 12:50am On Apr 26, 2011
DivideUs:

From a hausa fulani. Yes nigeria should break and i just hope nasarawa will go with you cos if it doesnt hmmm all the greed for abuja goes away. Eyya

Are you a Hausa, or a Fulani
Re: Was Gaddafi Mad? Should Nigeria be divided? by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 26, 2011
Its the name your people have so arrogantly given us here hausa/fulani, or is it animals or mugu or almajiri or aboki or, Take ur pick
Re: Was Gaddafi Mad? Should Nigeria be divided? by ektbear: 12:58am On Apr 26, 2011
It was the British (and other colonialists, I guess) who called you hausa-fulani, not us. Don't distort history.
Re: Was Gaddafi Mad? Should Nigeria be divided? by Nobody: 1:00am On Apr 26, 2011
Right, keep guessing
Re: Was Gaddafi Mad? Should Nigeria be divided? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 26, 2011
I am sad today because i just got a wake up call, after all our efforts (well some of us d hausas) i now dont see how we will succeed in this breakup movement. Let me tell you the story of katsina governorship elections.
1. Soldiers everywhere aiding pdp rigging
2. Two extra police co missioners just for the elections
3. Massive bribery and intimidation by pdp (some death reported caused by either police or army shooting)
with this development i see even though this president is a southerner, being the president of a big nation makes him feel very important and as such would even screw his own people just for the feeling of god like powers and our governors down north have sold their souls for the oil money that as long as this continues our people will never feel the need to wake up from this laziness and start being productive.
I never thought I'll ever say this but i hate this current nigeria!
Re: Was Gaddafi Mad? Should Nigeria be divided? by Nattlil(m): 7:20pm On Apr 26, 2011
Very very good @divideus oya join the train and keep shoutin at the top of ur voice, we are thinking of a protest pls organize people in ur area, just get those ur stu#pid almajiri bloodthirsty brothers maybe give them 5 naira each they will follow u. Bleep Nigeria lets divide.
Re: Was Gaddafi Mad? Should Nigeria be divided? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 26, 2011
either you are not from an oil producing state or you just lack home training, probably both and much more. such anger whew, sucks to be you. and people like you think you are the civilized ones, sad! so ma guy when ever u ready to start your own side of the movement jus holla, we the 5naira stupid bloodthirsty almajiri brothers de wait 4 u!!

(1) (Reply)

Lobbyists Hijack Jonathan's Vacation At Obudu / Gov. Peter Obi Gave Anambra Rec. 2 Billion Naira To Rig Anambra Election. / Gov Aregbesola Should Not Let Me Die, She Pleads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.