Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment (13247 Views)

North Under Siege Because Of Buhari —gov Lamido / President Jonathan Visits Emir Of Kano, Lamido Sanusi (Photos) / I am Now Sarkin, Not Emir Of Kano - Sanusi Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by kokogee: 1:26pm On Apr 23, 2011
SPIDER90:

That is the issue, I have being trying to think of what the economy has gain by the actions of Sanusi but I found none, apart from the awards being collected here and their.
Nothing wrong in collecting awards if it is related to his role as CBN gov, but most of these awards are given because of his so called social crusade like fight with national assembly and has no direct or indirect bearing with the economy or monetary policies.
That this guy has ethnic agenda is not in doubt, for his fan, ask him next time u see him why recruitment in CBN since he assumed duty has been in favour of northern extraction particularly, Kano his state of origin.
I rest my case, but all of us should remember that whatever we do, history and God will judge us all. He judge intentions and not actions.

Let me quickly explain how he has helped on the economy;
1, he, being a credit guru carried out audit on all the banks to see how healthy they were and in the process discovered that majority of the banks were not healthy, so he took some measures to protect the banks from going under; implications of which would have been loss of jobs depositors fund in all the affected banks.
2, he injected capital into those banks and made ppl to realise that share prices of most of the banks were window dresses (that is manipulated to deceive ppl)
3, unlike Soludo who said all the bank were so healthy meanwhile he was busy amassing wealth for political ambition, Sanusi took a bold step by declaring to the whole world that some of our banks are not doing fine as a result of fraudulent activities of their MDs and those MDs were dealt with.
4, he even went ahead to tell the world the reason why our economy is not doing fine and gave GEJ advice of what budget structure in terms of capital-revenue expenditures should look like. The task which the minister of finance whose primary duty is, refused to carry out for fear of being laid off. By implication, he told the gov in power that an economy that spend a larger % of it budget on revenue expenditure(special assistants and senators salaries and allowances) as compared to little spent on developmental/capital exp (such as building infrastructures and investing in real sector of the economy) cannot do well but would rather be faced with uncontrollable inflation, unemployment and so on. This advice, GEJ and his gov refused to follow, instead went ahead to more to his special advisers including Bianca Ojukwu while me and u tiled to make ends meet.

like you have said, GOD WOULD SURELY JUDGE
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by dvee2: 2:07pm On Apr 23, 2011
A group calling itself the The Rainnesance group sponsored by Cecelia Ibru associate took an advert everyday for more than one year in most Nigerian daylies trying to tarnish the intergrity of SLS but could not succed.Reason the man is doing his job professionally with only the desire to purge nigerian banking system in mind.
So you can write all you want about him i dont care because wise Nigerians know the truth.Imagine saying that SLS benefited from Kano or Northern agenda LOL.If you have ever read Sanusi,s write up ten years before he became the CBN Governor,you would have known that he has been a champion of the fight against Northern Aristocracy and islamic fundamentalist even though his lineage is fulani royalty.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by drstone1: 3:10pm On Apr 23, 2011
That this thread is INFORMATIVE. Definitely- yes. As to what purpose, is it to rubbish d cbn gov?? Not exactly. Natural justice{karma} n time will later or sooner bring hidden things 2light n reward evry man accordingly. It is not 2denigrate any ethnic tribe either. It is an insightful probe into d dynamism of d forces bhind CAUSE AND EFFECT as far as nigeria is concernd. If d root cause of a problem is nt known, an appropriate n effective panacea can nt b profferd. Karl marx, engels et al were regarded as great thinkers by bein able 2 scientifically analyse d materialist conception of history.[dialectical materialism]. Let us nt feel dt d frustrations nigerians feel abt d 'perpetual' cycle of horrendous religious n ethnic massacres is mysterious n canöt b nipped. Nor d inept n clueless leadership foisted on d nation by those with BORN2RULE psychology 4d betta part of our nations history, why criminals n perpetrators of criminality r neva brought 2book. How religiön n ethnicity is used 2play dis retrogresive politics we nw play by 'political actors' whose background n motives we havnt carefuly searched out, or why a certain part of d country is populated by poor,bigoted,illiterate n impoverished ppl who hav nothin 2show despite d yrs their elites av clung 2power. Why shd d election of a popular pan nigerian candidate generate such furore as to warrant such fiendish 'lynchings' and 'wild, wild north' scenario. Then you'l begin 2undastand why good,honest an patriotic men wil put on their thinkin caps. I have lived in almost al parts of nigeria nd i find out dt deir is a high level of ignorance we posses of our knwledge of others. Thats why a thread like dis is most timely n appropriate.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by SPIDER90: 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2011
To all the fan of Sanusi, pls answer my simple question, what are the gains of his so called reform? I mean, in term of employment generation, increase in credit to real sector, increase in capacity utilisation by manufacturing sector, increase in no SMEs, value of our legal tender currency. Pls, let us be focus on the issue and stop throwing red herring, in term of ethnicity or religion.
Let us face the fact, economic battles are not fought on the pages of newspapers, it is involve deep thinking, more of brain than brawn. After initial graagraa what has come from him, nothing. It seems that he fear that his tenure will be uneventful that is why he went for the cheap way of wiping up public sentiment in his reform agenda.
An economic agenda without blueprint or masterplan, can you believe that is coming from a risk analyst grin. God will save us from these educated illiterates in corridor of power. Can anyone, including Sanusi himself tell us the economic outlook and his plan in the next 2 years? sorry, as the spirit leads, I dey laugh ooooo
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by nagoma(m): 4:01pm On Apr 23, 2011
The truth is that Sanusi is more of the right man for the Job of the CBN governor despite the hatred of the Aboki by the southerners. He was described as an almajiri with nothing but Sharia law as his qulification. He is sanitizing the industry polluted by the greedy viscious southern cabal. They boast of professors and we know how these professors of nose picking become "professors" All their degrees are fake - why did Soludo - a highly educated and ,one of the southern best watched while the financial system was going deeper and deeper into crises? Why did it take almajiri to sort it out? Currently Sanusi is selected by the times magazine among the 100 most influential persons in the world. And it vwas not because GEJ or some cluelessperson with money bribed them. How can you expect an  arm chair professor of the south ,who became a professor because he helped to determine the calcium content palm wine ,to perform in improving Nigeria ? His school certificate is fake, his degreee exam was passed through cheating.
For those who want to know his family tree , Sanusi is the Grandson of the Emir of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi who was deposed and sent on exile by the Northern government in March 1963. 
Emir Muhammadu Sanusi was the grandson of Emir of Kano Abbas. Many of you will remember that Emir of Kano Abbas was the one who handed over Kano to Lord Lugard himself on the 6th of March 1902 after the mother of battles the British invaders had with Kano kingdom. Abbas was then the Wambai of Kano before he was appointed king. The british had occupied kano in the absence of the Emir who was in Sokoto(Emir Alu Babba) for a routine homage to the Sultan. He heard of the british invasion and gathered a huge army on his return journey to Kano. A big battle was fought outside the city and Kano defeated due to fears instilled into the people by the british and their african troops. (this for another day) But in short the Captain Wright who led this war was given the highest britsh Military honour THE VICTORIA CROSS by the Queeen of England. Captain Lewes another british officer counted the Kano military after defeat as 2,500  horsemen (mounted troops) and 5,000 inffantry (footmen) and 20,000 round of ammunition were found with the kano side. Lugard himself came and accepted the surrender.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by jmaine: 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2011
[size=14pt]An interesting thread gone sour . . OP please refresh this thread with more revealing information[/size]
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by nagoma(m): 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2011
AS regards the origin of office occupants past and present in Kano, there has never been any discrimination by Kano and many hausa kingdoms based on ethnic origin provided one identifies with the peoples culture which includes religion. Ther is no surprise or any merit in explaining whatever from Shekarau's history.Thousands probably hundred of thousands of Kano indegenes came from all over Nigeria and the neibouring coutries. Sabo Bakin Zuwo - one time governor of Kano state was of Nupe extraction. This is not news.

There was this true story of a kano senior cleric going to the Emir of Kano to report another influential Kano cleric and to inform the Emir that this other man had his roots somewhere and is not an original Kano man. He advised the emir to find away of deporting the opponent from Kano. The reply the emir gave was - "This is how our city grew , even I am not an origional inhabitant of Kano (refering to his Fulani ancestry), we cannot send anyone away but if there is an offence or crime we can look at it and provide justice within our abilities". This is the spirit of Kano and and many of the kingdoms of Hausaland and everybody knows this except the ignorant.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by Naijatech: 4:39pm On Apr 23, 2011
Sanusi is a superstar.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by clintwine(m): 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2011
@poster, when next your posting stuffs, do your research properly, and always say its your opinion, I wonder how people keep posting garbage as if it were the truth.

You mentioned that sanusi's commercial banking was uneventful; were you expecting him to fly a helicopter and do some commando events to know that his doing his job.

Sanusi didn't stay up to 1yr as first banks MD (and ask any fbn staff then, the guy shook the bank, the guy fired many top management and gave many of them yellow cards).
As far as he was concerned, if you couldn't give him results, then you shouldn't be there.

How many people know the executive directors of banks, all we know are the MDs, so how do you know if he was eventful in his position by summarizing a less than a year MD position with loads of years he worked in the bank
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by jamalah: 5:11pm On Apr 23, 2011
the idea that sunusi is a reformer is the most laughable i have ever heard. i will challenge any one to name any reformer in the world who has 4 wives and fifteen children. this is not the mindset of a reformer but someone steeped in the traditions of his forefathers which are nothing but autocratic and feudal.
in his altercation with the late radical cleric jafar mahmud adam a few years back, he constantly bombarded anyone who cares to listen with his royal and privileged roots and called the learned scholar a 'glorified almajiri'

in an interview on the bbc hard talk programme about three weeks ago he stilll reiterated that he came from royal lineage and that is where he is going back to.

how would you reconcile someone with a feudal ambition with reform?! sunusi's ambition we all know is to become the emir of kano and continue with the feudal subjugation that has enslaved and kept the pple of the north down for centuries.

we all know that the actions and institutionallised subjugation of pple like his forefathers are the reason for the backwardness of the north and the region will never rise to a lofty height so long as the traditional rulership is perpetuated even by so called 'educated' 'reformers' pple like sunusi lamido. just last month you will cry by reading the UNESCO report on women education in hausaland. according to the report  hausa women are the least educated in the world. 97% of those ages 17 to 22 have completed less than 2 years in school. wont it be better for sanusi to aspire to become a commissioner for education in kano or jigawa instead of running after a pple who come from regions where the aspiration to excel in education is almost genetic and where school enrolment in a single state dwarfs that of the whole of sunusi's north? go to page 20 of the report in the following link

http://www.unesco.org/fileadmin/MULTIMEDIA/HQ/ED/GMR/pdf/gmr2010/gmr2010-gender-overview-beijing15.pdf

i still stand by my postulation that during the  yaradua regime two kano men manned the finance ministry. go to this wikepedia link to read more

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_of_President_Umaru_Yar'Adua

let me tell you guys his appointment was nothing but a game plan by yaradua to perpetuate himself in power. kano is the most influential state in the north and as i have noted in my earlier post every northern ruler must bow down before the kano gods. just like the way every american leader must do for israel. what more for a shaky government like that of yaradua. only a blind person will fail to see these things.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by clintwine(m): 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2011
@poster, you also said he when he resigned from first Bank his intention was to go and teach in the university;  I wonder if you have now become a mind reader or intention reader.

Sanusi never resigned from being FBNs MD until he knew was going to be the CBN governor. There was a rumour then he would be the CBN governor, it didn't come as a surprise.

People might be wondering why am defending sanusi, but it is high time we learn to investigate every garbage anyone spills out in the name of news.
I was a First Bank Staff when all these politics were playing out.

Then again, you would ask me, did i know sanusi was going to go after those banks, my answer is yes, because that was the radical sanusi we knew.
Most people in the banking industry knew those banks were cooking figures.

What beats my imagination is how someone would come out and say his intention after he resigned was to be a university lecturer; When this is the same man that brought out his 4 year plan of FBN being ranked amongst top African banks and fired upto 4 top management staff on his first Top management meeting.

Before you ask me how i got my data, i was working in the head office then and was one floor above sanusi
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by clintwine(m): 5:25pm On Apr 23, 2011
@poster, Sanusi is not feudal, he is just radical, he saw things as it were; if you ask me if all his judgements are right, my answer to that is a capital NO, he is not god.

Anyone who worked in the head office then, would tell you that there were 2 Executive directors that you must prepare properly before approaching them and sanusi was one of them.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by clintwine(m): 5:32pm On Apr 23, 2011
If you ask me if Sanusi"s appointment was political, i would say yes of course; there are so many Nigerians that could have held that position,

I don't understand your stress of him being from a Royal family. Probably when next you come back, you work hard to end up in one.

@poster You just quoted your reference from wikipedia , that tells me you are not a serious individual.
Only an uneducated individual would take you seriously knowing fully well that wikipedia can be edited by any tom, dick +harry
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by biometrics: 5:42pm On Apr 23, 2011
jamalah link=topic=652510.0.msg8189442#msg8184296 date=1303576320:

@johnie
badamasi is not a yoruba name.
it is an arabic name al-badamasi
yorubas i think corrupted it to badamosi or gbadamosi
some even anglicise it to badmus.

[size=14pt]Dear Jamalah,  from your words

If you have read yoruba history you will know dat oduduwa the father of yoruba came from Mecca (Arabic)
[/size]
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by Jarus(m): 6:06pm On Apr 23, 2011
While Sanusi continues to post terrific performance of international acclaim, some other people are sitting fabricating lies.

Hercules has already posted the real 'secret' behind Sanusi's appointment I'll give fuller defence later. Just waking up.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by texazzpete(m): 6:59pm On Apr 23, 2011
To all the Sanusi haters

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/akingbola-offers-refund-n225-billion

Erastus Akingbola offers to refund back 2.25 billion Naira.

See how Sanusi has taken on the crooks?
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by texazzpete(m): 7:03pm On Apr 23, 2011
jamalah:

the idea that sunusi is a reformer is the most laughable i have ever heard. i will challenge any one to name any reformer in the world who has 4 wives and fifteen children. this is not the mindset of a reformer but someone steeped in the traditions of his forefathers which are nothing but autocratic and feudal.
in his altercation with the late radical cleric jafar mahmud adam a few years back, he constantly bombarded anyone who cares to listen with his royal and privileged roots and called the learned scholar a 'glorified almajiri'

in an interview on the bbc hard talk programme about three weeks ago he stilll reiterated that he came from royal lineage and that is where he is going back to.

This post irrevocably marks you as a buffoon.
He was hired to reform the banking industry not Islamic marriages. Is that fact too difficult to get through your thick skull? How does having 4 wives mark one as 'primitive', 'autocratic' or 'feudal'?
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by chibe: 7:07pm On Apr 23, 2011
lamido initially i was impressed at ur fight for d masses untill i started hearing tings about u first hand information:
1 After ur so called fight for d masses at d senate u went and gave d senate president's daughter a job at the CBN without interviewing her  or making her go tru d rigors of due process, is dat what one with d interest of the masses do.
2 after ur saga with the so called senators who have been  spending 25% of the budget and the open showdown at the senate u secretly apologized to d senate president and other members knowing that what u said to the public is not true and could not come to the public to say other wise cos u  are scared of losing the reputation u have created.
3 sanusi is a religious bigot.
beware of sanusi he is a time bomb waiting to explode and also to exploit the masses which he claims he is fighting for.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by Jarus(m): 7:29pm On Apr 23, 2011
How Sanusi was appointed was no secret to any follower of news at the time, especially readers of Newswatch and other investigative journals.

1, Yar'adua was aware of the mess in the sector, so reluctant to renew Soludo's term, especially as Soludo's romance with politics(confirmed by his contesting for Anambra guber shortly after) showed he was gradually losing the zeal and committment he started with.

2, Like any other top position, the North-South or, if you like Federal character factor was inevitable. The last 3 Guvs were from the South(Ogwuma, Joseph Sanusi and Soludo), so the next man for the job should be from the North. If you want to criticize this, blame it on your constitution.

4,Yar'adua knew virtually nothing about northern bankers/economists. A lot of names came up: Obadiah Mailafiah, Isa Yuguda, Mansur Mukhtar, Falalu Bello, etc

5, Yaradua consulted Dr Umaru Muttalab, FCA,FCCA, the north's most veteran and experienced banker. Like the Subomi Baloguns, Pascal Dozies of the South. Muttalab was MD of UBA in the 80's to early 90's, later Chairman of First Bank till 2009.

6, Muttalab had worked with Sanusi in FBN and knew his capability. He recommended him to Yar'adua, who knew nothing about him.

7, Sanusi's brilliance and do-it-right-no-matter-the-consequence was not in doubt. He was rated among the Top 3, if not the best, expert in risk mgt in the whole of Nigerian banking industry. He was nicknamed 'Mr Risk'. He was also known for being fearless, and taking fearless decisions,including refusing to append his signature to First Bank's contribution to Transcorp when Obasanjo arm-twisted Banks to contribute to Transcorps. Having analysed the risk, he concluded Transcorp was not worthwhile for FBN to invest in, as ED Risk Mgt. He was also always speaking against his co-CEOs that perpetrated shady deals to window-dress their performance, an action Intercontinental's Akingbola called demarketing.

8, Akingbola, Ibru and co, having known Sanusi, tried all their possible best, including, as I heard, raising billions, to forestall a Sanusi regulatorship, but it was too late. Sanusi scaled all hurdles, including dazing the bribed legislators at the screening.

9, Sanusi got the job and walked his past talk of let's-do-it-right.

I know many other things which I have written many articles on. The poster is actually not worth engaging as I have seen many other gaffes from his subsequent posts.

Just go ask Renaissance Professionals, if you know who they are.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by SPIDER90: 9:00pm On Apr 23, 2011
All Sanusi fan, pls stop dodging the simple question of what has been the achievement of his so called reform program in term of employment generation, real sector growth, value of naira, growth of SMEs among others.
Or, how do you judge whether a student pass or fail an exam? Is it the number of teachers beaten, number of collegueas caught cheating or his royal background?
Let him leave radicalism to Femi Falana, Gani et al or he should be redeploy to Human Right Commission. Let us face it, he is the worst thing to have happened to banking sector, he is bereft of ideas in moving the economy forward.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by hymen(f): 9:36pm On Apr 23, 2011
Very interesting smiley
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by murtalaa(m): 9:48pm On Apr 23, 2011
Hausa and Fulani especially in the northwest are one and the same. Most people (including myself) in this region find it very difficult to categorize themselves as

Hausa or Fulani. The line is very diminished. Its just like in America where the lines between irish and native american is almost non-existent.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by paliodey: 10:01pm On Apr 23, 2011
This is Nepotism at the highest order.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by nagoma(m): 10:35pm On Apr 23, 2011
Jamalah doesn't seem to know anything about Nigeria.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 23, 2011
Dear Jamalah,Shamsuddeen Usman (July 2007 - Jan 2009)
Mansur Muhtar (Jan 2009 - March 2010) pls check the dates got this from ur link.this ppl never worked in the same ministry of finance at the same time.when Mansur Muhtar came in Shamsuddeen Usman was moved to national planning and he is their up til date. i beg guyz lets post facts cos we are just miss-leading a lot of ignorant ppl on this forum who just take things posted on NL or other online sources, as the truth.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by 677ano(m): 1:51am On Apr 24, 2011
So my questions is this

How has any of these individuals in goverment today impacted positively in your lives as citizens of Nigeria?
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by BetaThings: 8:52am On Apr 24, 2011
jamalah:

What most pple fail to understand

So when Soludo's tenure came to an end . Already two kano men were in charge of the finance ministry: the minister of finance and the minister of state for finance  which was unprecedented in Nigeria's political history for both to come from the same state. Why not add another kano man to pocket the exchequer. So to be frank the initial appointment was to populate the Yaradua's government with his kano backers.

Sanusi's stint in the commercial banking industry was uneventful, nothing to write home about.And even all his write ups never analysed the banking sector nor the economy of Nigeria. When he resigned from the first bank his intention was to go and teach in the university.  So why the sudden change and crusading zeal? Someone compared him to Dora Akunyili which i find very apt. Nigeria's institutions are all corrupted and it easy for any one to become a hero by making a few splashes here and there. but in the case of Sanusi when he was appointed it even became even more urgent. instead of pple questioning why the minister and the minister of state and also the central bank governor coming from the same state, the focus was on the headlines generated by the tsunami sweeping away the bank md's. the rest they say is history.
Falsehood upon falsehood! So who was the minister of state for finance from Kano? Remi Babalola (RB). By name from SW, by political appointment - represented Oyo state. We also know that it was Jonathan who later moved RB from finance to special duties. When RB resigned, Oyo state slot in the cabinet was taken by Prof Adedoja. These things happened less than 4 years ago and here we are with these fantasies

Sanusi did not resign from First Bank with the intention of lecturing. He left UBA for First Bank when Elumelu was in UBA. Sanusi was respected there as a risk management person. He was MD of First Bank and had not spent 2 years (may be even 1) when he was appointed CBN governor

The person who was thinking of teaching after leaving his job (2-term governorship) was Yaradua before Obj asked him to contest the presidency.
Easy with these lies, Sir.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by BetaThings: 8:56am On Apr 24, 2011
jamalah:

i wont like to be dissecting too many scandals of my pple on the pages of nairaland.
sule lamido is a full blooded fulani man who still speaks the language fluently. contrast him with buhari who once went to a world fulani conference i think in senegal some few years back and had to make his address in english. he is a fulani man that has lost his heritage. but you will still be surprised that the fulani still retain their tribalistic ways that demean the hausa. several of my friends have told me that buhari's trust starts with you being a fulani man. for instance if you make a call to his home phone if you cant speak fulani you get a very rough reception.

So if Buhari himself calls his house, he would get a rough treatment because he too cannot speak Hausa
Well, well
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 24, 2011
I cannot really pin ponit  the crux of this discussion, but its going full steam ahead cause of Nigerians love of ethnicity.
@ OP always look carefully at peoples traditional culture before making sweeping statements. I'd like to look at three isues raised.

1. Are northerner into Citizen by Bloodline. answer No!
If you have ever heard the terms Dan Kano etc, or Names like Shagari, which are actually names of places. You 'll be clear that northerners practiced citizenship first by religion, then by place of birth and residence. I was a bit surprised by the fact that a lot of my northern friends who served in Kano could actually trace their Grandfathers back to Kano, when they were coming from Maiduguri.

The importance of ethinc lineage of Origin only come into most cultures apart from South West due to the Nigerian Contraption, and more importantly the Balkanisation Post Civil war Policies of Nigerian Fed Gov.
I won't be surprised if even Sanusi Lamido, the Kano Prince, Could be traced all the way to Adamawa.
The important thing though is that it makes them no less a leader of their people and they are properly recognised. The case of Shakarau is different as it may concern religion.

But then, I cry when I look at the changing culture, cause the original citizenship strategy makes for a great metroplis, trade, and rallying point. They would have been great without todays Nigeria.

2. Did Yaradua make appointments from Kano to buttress his Political support? Yes
Obvious Katsina was carved out of the more policitally established Kano. Hence the core leadership lines were left in Kano. Also having 3 economic related offices all to Kano points out these.

But its really a different Issue from the ethnicity of Northern Leaders.

3. Has Sanusi Lamido achieve Greatly in the Banking Industry? No,
No, has not. Thats not saying he did not carry out an anti-curruption crusade in the Sector. Rather the essence of an economic institution is to chart strategic ways for economic growth and wealth creation. He has so far not done that. Infact its difficult to prove that anything would have happened to the Banks if he did not intervene.

He has however made the banks practices a bit more wholesome, that must be given to him whether it was necessary or not is another issue altogether. But note they are still prostituting ladies to get deposits etc (that way more inhuman than share price manipulation and I still wonder why banker's workers union has not pegged that target a bank should expect from a sungle human marketer).
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 24, 2011
The only thing i want to know is how the banking sector has improved since sanusi took over? there are still allegations of corruption by the installed MD's in the so called distressed banks.

I want to knw how he has improved the Nigerian economy.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by Kermarl8x(m): 1:58pm On Apr 24, 2011
Cant figure out a single rationality in here, WOT A RUBBISH.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Protesters Set Vans Ablaze, Sought To Set Fire On Cbn Gov’s Home ! / Patience Jonathan Seeks Reps Intervention On EFCC's ‘Harassment’ / Senate Begins Move To Separate NFIU From EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.