Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,327 members, 7,829,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen (2712 Views)

Remain Vigilant: Police Confirm Attack On Abia Commissioner's Convoy, Seek Help / Police Confirm Attack On Peter Obi Supporters By Thugs In Lagos (Photos) / Family Of 19 Herders Killed In Igbariam, Anambra - Alhaji Suleiman Yakubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by COFFINSELLER: 6:33pm On Apr 26, 2021
The Anambra State Police Command has confirmed an attack Fulani herders in the Igbariam community of Oyi Local Government Area of the state.

DAILY NIGERIAN had reported how suspected members of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, on Sunday invaded a storey building housing the Fulani herders in the community around 2a.m on Sunday.

The criminals killed 12 women, seven men and an undisclosed number of children.

It was also gathered the criminals brought out the victims, stripped them naked, tied and slaughtered them.

Our correspondent obtained some gory pictures of the dismembered bodies of the victims.

In these pictures, some vital parts of the victims’ bodies were missing.

Confirming the attack in a statement on Monday, the spokesperson of the command, Ikenga Tochukwu, said the state Commissioner of Police, Monday Bala-Kuryas, had ordered the immediate deployment of operational and intelligence assets to identify and apprehend the gunmen.

According to the statement, a crack team of Police Operatives of the Command, led by an Assistant Commissioner of Police, have visited the scene and conducted on-spot-the assessment of the incidence.

He added that normalcy had since been restored in the area and adequate security emplaced to forestall further occurrence.

“The assailants, said to be armed with machetes and other dangerous weapons, invaded the village in their numbers and attacked the residents, resulting in the death of nine (9) persons (whose identities are yet unknown), injuries on some others as well as destruction of buildings and livestock.

“To this end, the CP, while reassuring *Ndi Anambra,* particularly people of the Community, of the Command’s resolve to get to the root of the incidence, has called on them to remain calm and volunteer useful information that will enable the Police and other Security Agencies collaboratively handle and bring the situation to a logical conclusion,”
the statement added.

https://dailynigerian.com/igbariam-anambra-police/

1 Like

Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by Kriss216: 6:35pm On Apr 26, 2021
No organisation has monopoly for violence.

Fighting fire with fire is a sure way to quench fire.

One of the reasons for making wars is to live in peace.

7 Likes

Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by Abdul05: 6:35pm On Apr 26, 2021
2a.m on Sunday , means that, it happened after the death of ikonsi or whatever his name is.

At first, l tot it was a fake news.

Well, No problem,

The result is extremely grave and hopeless if you don't know.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by iampeterben(m): 6:36pm On Apr 26, 2021
This is barbaric, Igbo Amaka we don't shed blood in our communities we are peaceful loving people, what's all this? Peace!!! Peace please in our communities.

1 Like

Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by NwaNimo1(m): 6:36pm On Apr 26, 2021
Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by 1Alex: 6:44pm On Apr 26, 2021
Okay
Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by helinues: 6:45pm On Apr 26, 2021
Which of the version are we going to believe self...

DailyNigeria which is Northern media is claiming Hausa people were killed while other media are reporting it was Igbo people that were killed...

Fake news is really causing more problems self

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by mazimee(m): 6:48pm On Apr 26, 2021
This is not good
Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by Masterppower: 6:48pm On Apr 26, 2021
Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by blowjob: 6:48pm On Apr 26, 2021
BUHARI DON BREED HATRED undecided

HE IS THE WORST THIN TO HAPPEN TO NIGERIA undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by Masterppower: 6:51pm On Apr 26, 2021
COFFINSELLER:

https://dailynigerian.com/igbariam-anambra-police/

Yoruba's trying hard to change the narrative.

I like this propaganda sponsored by the Yoruba's against Igbo because it will make some Igbo's understand who their real enemies are.

2 Likes

Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by Armaggedon: 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2021
Fulani herdsmen invaded school hostel at Igbariam and killed students, the police didn't comment but when the people replied, the police vowed to arrest them.

Biased nairaland. All other papers said 9 herdsmen were killed but you picked mayetti Allah's version published by a discredited website and quickly pushed it to front-page.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by Karlovych: 6:56pm On Apr 26, 2021
embarassed embarassed Lord Lugard made a very big mistake in 1914, the entire country is nothing but a disaster currently. It's sinking like the Titanic

1 Like

Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by adadike(f): 6:56pm On Apr 26, 2021
I totally condemn this with all my heart.
Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by Armaggedon: 7:00pm On Apr 26, 2021
adadike:
I totally condemn this with all my heart.
If your sister was one of those students killed would you condemn it?

3 Likes

Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by ogbenifamouz(m): 7:00pm On Apr 26, 2021
Masterppower:

Yoruba's trying hard to change the narrative.

I like this propaganda sponsored by the Yoruba's against Igbo because it will make some Igbo's understand who their real enemies are.

Yoruba kill you there....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by funkybroyouknow: 7:02pm On Apr 26, 2021
this is too far haba
Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by Ojiofor: 7:02pm On Apr 26, 2021
Not even during Biafra war did our gallant soldiers touch women and children.
I condemn whoever that did this .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by gidgiddy: 7:02pm On Apr 26, 2021
Masterppower:

Fake news

Of course its fake news. Several people are machetted to death in a place like Igbsriam but only a little known website heard about it. Only them have pictures and only them ascertained who was responsible

I laugh in Chinese
Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by adadike(f): 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2021
Armaggedon:
what do you mean? I condemn the killings so what did I do wrong
Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by BigSarah(f): 7:04pm On Apr 26, 2021
Gunmen How? I thought they were macheted... RIP to the dead and condolences to the innocent souls that'll be roped in

1 Like

Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by Pierocash(m): 7:05pm On Apr 26, 2021
I believe fulanis were first to attack the community,then in response ,ESN responded immediately by retaliating and killing some fulanis in return

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by tollyboy5(m): 7:05pm On Apr 26, 2021
Kriss216:
No organisation has monopoly for violence.

Fighting fire with fire is a sure way to quench fire.

One of the reasons for making wars is to live in peace.

You shouldn't be supporting this. Innocent family been killed in coldblooded sad .

War is looming I swear down. Igbos in the north should take note.
Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by Armaggedon: 7:06pm On Apr 26, 2021
adadike:
what do you mean? I condemn the killings so what did I do wrong
Which killings?
Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by Vinstel: 7:06pm On Apr 26, 2021
This killing is evil and should be condemned by any well thinking person.

But OP, the statement of the police spokesman did not mention IPOB as the attackers, neither did it say those killed were Fulani herdsmen so your headline is very misleading.

1 Like

Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by Godblessbiafraa: 7:08pm On Apr 26, 2021
Police wey no dey wear their uniforms go work again in the East dey arrest gunmen grin

What an irony

1 Like

Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by tollyboy5(m): 7:09pm On Apr 26, 2021
Pierocash:
I believe fulanis were first to attack the community,then in response ,ESN responded immediately by retaliating and killing some fulanis in return
What do you mean?
Why didnt they attack the culprit?

Why kill innocent Fulani's ?

This is pure wickedness!

Igbo will never do this to Yoruba man, we won't take it likely at all.

Fulani will retaliate in north .. This is too brutal to behold.

When Fulani killed they left no traces. But you killed fulani and publicize it to send a message of WAR.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by tollyboy5(m): 7:16pm On Apr 26, 2021
Armaggedon:
What are the evidence that student died?
Same pics they use for student are the ones for Fulani's.
Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by Omoluabi16(m): 7:16pm On Apr 26, 2021
When we have a dullard in charge who is indifferent or worse still in support of ethnic domination, then this will keep occurring. Before our very eyes, a war is unfolding. It has Never been this bad.

1 Like

Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by Armaggedon: 7:17pm On Apr 26, 2021
tollyboy5:

What are the evidence that student died?
Same pics they use for student are the ones for Fulani's.
And what are your evidence that Fulani's were killed since it's the same picture according to you?
Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by tollyboy5(m): 7:19pm On Apr 26, 2021
Armaggedon:
And what are your evidence that Fulani's were killed since it's the same picture according to you?
First report was from twitter, second was from notable source
Re: Igbariam: Anambra Police Confirm Attack On Fulani People, Vow To Arrest Gunmen by kayusely70(m): 7:20pm On Apr 26, 2021
ogbenifamouz:

Yoruba kill you there....
He's a misguided fellow and outrightly mischievous.

(1) (2) (Reply)

More Eyewitness "Armed Herdsmen Called Nigeria Army, So We Called ESN Too" / Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? / 2023 Presidency: Buhari Anoints Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.