Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:11 AM

Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? (2736 Views)

Twitter Office In Nigeria? / Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) / COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by Biodun556(m): 8:46am On Jun 24, 2021
I'm surprised the twitter CEO is ready to negotiate with Nigerian government having twittted Nigerian flag repeatedly. Is he regretting his steps or twitter Ghana office seriously under financial starvation since most Nigerian companies are no longer active on twitter?

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by chatinent: 8:49am On Jun 24, 2021
Twitter will fend well without Nigeria. However, sometimes, these popular apps need to fullfil all righteousness in taking the lead to meet a country when they become uneasy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by mrfreestuff: 8:53am On Jun 24, 2021
chatinent:
Twitter will fend well without Nigeria. However, sometimes, these popular apps need to fullfil all righteousness in taking the lead to meet a country when they become uneasy.
Hmmm. Twitter is currently a loss making company at a time most of its competitors are making gains. At a loss of half a trillion naira, Twitter needs the strategic Nigerian market if you check out their lose making 2020 financial report released here https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/twitter-announces-fourth-quarter-and-fiscal-year-2020-results-301225278.html#:~:text=2020%20revenue%20was%20%243.72%20billion

I don't think their Ghana office has fully taken off though.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by bagirajoseph(m): 8:55am On Jun 24, 2021
nigerians are starving not twitter

9 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by colorsofrainbow: 8:55am On Jun 24, 2021
Plot twist: Nigeria has been doing all the talking since twitter ban grin
APC miscreants are no more using Twitter and it's been paining them including the terrorist op so they are stylishly begging twitter to negotiate but won't come out plainly grin
We know those games

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by Anymoment: 8:57am On Jun 24, 2021
What has Nigeria got to do with twitter ? We are starving in Nigeria, we are suffering and you are talking about Twitter here. Some people mumu for this life sha
Biodun556:
I'm surprised the twitter CEO is ready to negotiate with Nigerian government having twittted Nigerian flag repeatedly. Is he regretting his steps or twitter Ghana office seriously under financial starvation since most Nigerian companies are no longer active on twitter?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by nzeobi(m): 8:59am On Jun 24, 2021
Twitter can only negotiate for formality sake and not as if they are really scared or worried about Nigeria.

Remember that if they panic other countries will quickly ban them and force them to negotiate.

Even Lia said it that Twitter is not showing any serious signs that it wants to negotiate

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by mrfreestuff: 8:59am On Jun 24, 2021
bagirajoseph:
nigerians are starving not twitter
You are obviously not starving and I am not and those exporting billions of USD from Nigeria to overseas crypto platforms and dashing billions to Ponzi schemes are not starving Nigerians. So whoever is starving because of Twitter can use other bigger social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and even Nigerian-centric platform like Nairaland. From the financial report of $1.14 billion loss , Twitter is the one starving. Let's hope the issue is resolved.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by babyfaceafrica: 9:00am On Jun 24, 2021
That's twitter problem, before twitter we survived, after twitter we will still survive

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by Biodun556(m): 9:01am On Jun 24, 2021
mrfreestuff:
You are obviously not starving and I am not and those exporting billions of USD from Nigeria to the overseas crypto platforms and dashing billions to Ponzi schemes are not starving Nigerians. So whoever is starving because of Twitter can use other bigger social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and even Nigerian-centric platform like Nairaland.

Good
Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by DDDEnterprises: 9:04am On Jun 24, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
That's twitter problem, before twitter we survived, after twitter we will still survive

Spot on.

And if they eventually bring Twitter back, we go still survive. we'll survive anyway
Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by Biodun556(m): 9:04am On Jun 24, 2021
nzeobi:
Twitter can only negotiate for formality sake and not as if they are really scared or worried about Nigeria.

Remember that if they panic other countries will quickly ban them and force them to negotiate.

Even Lia said it that Twitter is not showing any serious signs that it wants to negotiate

The out come of thier discusssion with Nigerian officials will determine whether twitter needs Nigerian market or not.
Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by liketerm: 9:06am On Jun 24, 2021
God bless buhari the general who got balls, and God also bless that mod that ban me for one week.
Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by Iceyjayz: 9:07am On Jun 24, 2021
Biodun556:
Why are you concerned about Twitter and not your own country that chaos is happening?

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by chatinent: 9:08am On Jun 24, 2021
mrfreestuff:
Hmmm. Twitter is currently a loss making company at a time most of its competitors are making gains. At a loss of half a trillion naira, Twitter needs the strategic Nigerian market if you check out their lose making 2020 financial report released here https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/twitter-announces-fourth-quarter-and-fiscal-year-2020-results-301225278.html#:~:text=2020%20revenue%20was%20%243.72%20billion

Yes, there would be losses. Yes, the traffic from here would be reduced.

But sir, they'll still fend well.

Indian is multi times bigger than Nigeria. Even after banning it, they fend well.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by nzeobi(m): 9:08am On Jun 24, 2021
Biodun556:

The out come of thier discusssion with Nigerian officials will determine whether twitter needs Nigerian market or not.

No date has been fixed for any negotiations believing it's the government making you believe that any thing serious is happening
Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by KRSWon: 9:43am On Jun 24, 2021
I wonder what kind of question this is.

Twitter's office in Ghana is for the whole Africa, not just Ghana. In what way would said office "starve" less if it was in Nigeria or any other non-undeveloped country?

Twitter has a market cap of $53 billion.

https://companiesmarketcap.com/twitter/marketcap/

And Nigeria is not even in Twitter's top 20 markets.

It's Nigerians that are being hurt more than Twitter:

https://telecom.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/nigerias-twitter-ban-leaves-some-businesses-in-the-lurch/83508619

https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2021/06/22/how-small-businesses-are-taking-the-hit-on-twitter-ban/

Also, the claim that Twitter reached out to the Nigerian government has only been sourced from the government, namely Lai Mohammed, which he's contradicted when he recently told the House of Reps that Twitter hasn't been serious in engaging them concerning the issue.

5 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 24, 2021
grin

Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by NAIJAilliterate: 10:27am On Jun 24, 2021
nzeobi:

No date has been fixed for any negotiations believing it's the government making you believe that any thing serious is happening

Nigerian people and their government are both illiterate. Twitter does not need Nigeria at all. Most of the big tech companies do not need Nigeria. Just look at starlink satellite internet, the head of Sterling came to Nigeria the government's it 30 days later nothing has happened, why is South Africa and Ghana they have been selling the equipment since April this year can't you see Nigeria is a dead donkey

Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 24, 2021
babyfaceafrica:

This is exactly my position. I have never sent a single tweet in my life and never been on Facebook. How exactly is my life worse off or less fulfilling because I don't use those social media app?

If Nigerian youths are actually smart, should they not be looking to run Dorsey, Zuckerberg etal out of the African market by creating their own dominant rivals to twitter, Facebook etal?

I really don't know how long it will take some Nigerians to shake off 'colo mentality' that makes us think everything imported is superior.

The religions imported into Nigeria, rather than the indigenous ones we practised before their arrival, are the cause of some of our biggest headache as a nation today. Yet we never learn. We now want to die over twitter.

I wonder what will happen if Nigeria bans facebook, instagram and whatsapp? Total pandemonium and possibly even mass suicide I am guessing.
Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by Saao(m): 10:39am On Jun 24, 2021
Biodun556:
and Nigeria government is gaining or Nigerians are gaining?
Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by maiquel: 10:53am On Jun 24, 2021
mrfreestuff:

Of course Twitter will take a loss from the blacked traffic but your link is misleading. Nothing in it shows the fiscal result for 2021.
Stop spreading false news.
Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by babyfaceafrica: 10:57am On Jun 24, 2021
Grayoso:

This is exactly my position. I have never sent a single tweet in my life and never been on Facebook. How exactly is my life worse off or less fulfilling because I don't use those social media app?

If Nigerian youths are actually smart, should they not be looking to run Dorsey, Zuckerberg etal out of the African market by creating their own dominant rivals to twitter, Facebook etal?

I really don't know how long it will take some Nigerians to shake off 'colo mentality' that makes us think everything imported is superior.

The religions imported into Nigeria, rather than the indigenous ones we practised before their arrival, are the cause of some of our biggest headache as a nation today. Yet we never learn. We now want to die over twitter.

I wonder what will happen if Nigeria bans facebook, instagram and whatsapp? Total pandemonium and possibly even mass suicide I am guessing.
Nigerians love foreign things, both their leaders and citizens.. Always licking western countries azz... Why can't we have our own app?
Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by mrfreestuff: 10:59am On Jun 24, 2021
maiquel:

Of course Twitter will take a loss from the blacked traffic but your link is misleading. Nothing in it shows the fiscal result for 2021.
Stop spreading false news
Why don't you just read to understand first before making wrong accusation. It won't hurt you know. That link is a 2020 FY result, we have not even ended Q2 of 2021 let alone 2021FY so I wonder where and how you expect 2021 result to compare with the result in the link or just admit you don't understand what I meant by financial year result and I will advice you read it up . No company in the world yet has a 2021FY result , not in Nigeria and not anywhere else because we are still in June,2021. You Nigerian social media active Nigerian youths have so much strong opinions on everything but still can't calm down and read.

Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by NAIJAilliterate: 11:04am On Jun 24, 2021
Enough is enough

Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 24, 2021
mrfreestuff:

How much has Twitter made from Nigeria since they started business?
Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by baralatie(m): 11:39am On Jun 24, 2021
Anymoment:
What has Nigeria go to do with twitter ? We are starving in Nigeria, we are suffering and you are talking about Twitter here. Some people mumu for this life sha
You get bad mouth Sha!
grin
Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by Biodun556(m): 11:40am On Jun 24, 2021
Saao:
and Nigeria government is gaining or Nigerians are gaining?

If twitter open office in Nigeria both will gain.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by RZArecta(m): 11:51am On Jun 24, 2021
Never expect any BMC îmbecile to post anything intelligent, I've been proven right once again cool
Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by NAIJAilliterate: 12:03pm On Jun 24, 2021
baralatie:

You get bad mouth Sha!
grin
but the guy has a point there is masturbation and hunger in the country people are now dying of Hunger all over the country after the government has chased away all the companies from the country
Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by Phcmayor(m): 12:05pm On Jun 24, 2021
Anymoment:
What has Nigeria go to do with twitter ? We are starving in Nigeria, we are suffering and you are talking about Twitter here. Some people mumu for this life sha
Re: Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? by NAIJAilliterate: 12:35pm On Jun 24, 2021
Biodun556:

If twitter open office in Nigeria both will gain.

They cannot and will not put a office in Nigeria the government is hostel to investment. Look at starlink satellites they are putting their headquarters of West Africa in Ghana and the headquarters for africa in south africa. Do not forget Nigeria is 130 country in investment so there are 130 countries more reasonable to invest in. Nigeria is number one country in the world in capital flight where the Citizens are running away from the country then they want foreign investment how is it possible with government bad policy corruption and illiteracy

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) / [Breaking] 2023: APC Chieftain Dumps Party For PDP [Photos] / Labour Party Finally Reject Peter Obi And Datti Baba Ahmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.