Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Curfew In North Affects Prices In South - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Curfew In North Affects Prices In South (7735 Views)

Aliyu Congratulates Buhari, Declares Curfew In Niger / Fayose Imposes Dusk To Dawn Curfew In Ekiti / Governor Yero Imposes 24 Hour Curfew In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by adconline(m): 8:02am On Apr 25, 2011
Absolute and comparative advantages of tooth pick, safety matches,meat pie, mattress,broom,tissue paper Huh Huh Huh

you gatto be kiddin me!

We should first of all refine crude oil with our refineries
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by manny4life(m): 4:31pm On Apr 25, 2011
adconline:

Can Nigeria also import tomatoes? Who told you that importation is all evil? How about absolute and comparative advantages?

If it could yeah, perhaps not import the final products but the seeds itself, He never said Importation is evil, he said it's not a good thing meaning it's often better to export more often than you import to have trade surplus. Then again looking @ the products involved, importation isn't really ideal given there's no scarcity of these resource.

You are talking about absolute and comparative advantage? Although I see your point; importation comes as a result that other nations produce @ a lot cheaper rate than compared to Nigeria producing it, that will hold on the absolute advantage however, what advantage are we comparing ourselves to other producing nations? I mean final products not raw materials (aka finished goods)? This is where importation is really bad there is no comparative advantage from the way I see it; Nigeria is isn't exporting "Finished Goods" but raw materials because we are not producing.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by Graxie(f): 9:33pm On Apr 25, 2011
If u are in Abuja, go 2 tomato mkt Dei- Dei. Basket of tomatoes ranges 4rm 150 NAIRA TO 400 NAIRA. They said they have 2much in stock because of the fight in kafanchan. It started 2day. God bless.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by adconline(m): 6:14am On Apr 26, 2011
This is where importation is really bad there is no comparative advantage from the way I see it; Nigeria is isn't exporting "Finished Goods" but raw materials because we are not producin

Doesn't Saudi Arabia have a comparative advantage over US when it comes to crude oil? If so, is crude oil a finished product? How about countries that export things like banana, mango and veggies?
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2011
Una never break up una don already de share una sef ss sw nd core south biafra na 774 una go still split into.instead of good guys comin togeda to face d bad guys we are all here blowing grammar like utomi okotie and shekarau
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by manny4life(m): 5:43pm On Apr 26, 2011
adconline:

This is where importation is really bad there is no comparative advantage from the way I see it; Nigeria is isn't exporting "Finished Goods" but raw materials because we are not producin

Doesn't Saudi Arabia have a comparative advantage over US when it comes to crude oil? If so, is crude oil a finished product? How about countries that  export  things like  banana, mango and veggies?

My friend stop beating around in circles, I explicitly said about the advantage of producing finished goods not raw materials. Every nation has advantage to the other when it comes to raw materials, however the ability to transform that raw materials into finished goods is where the "comparative advantage" comes into play. The ability for a nation to specialize in a given area of production for export and its production cost effectiveness Crude oil isn't a finished product but a raw material  Though Saudi Arabia has a higher advantage of crude oil, United States still beats them to refinery of crude products hands down, let's not even go there. Besides, all you have just mentioned are nothing but literally finished farm "Produce". Nigeria doesn't export fresh farm produce like finished fresh veggies, ripened yellow bananas, nor mangoes either. Countries who export these products either export them in their raw state (perhaps seeds , etc) or in a finished and/or processed state. That brings me to my point, if Nigeria isn't producing finished products to export, how will they compare themselves to other nations who produce relatively same products they should be producing.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by adconline(m): 6:16pm On Apr 26, 2011
[b]My friend stop beating around in circles, I explicitly said about the advantage of producing finished goods not raw materials. Every nation has advantage to the other when it comes to raw materials, however the ability to transform that raw materials into finished goods is where the "comparative advantage" comes into play. The ability for a nation to specialize in a given area of production for export and its production cost effectiveness Crude oil isn't a finished product but a raw material  Though Saudi Arabia has a higher advantage of crude oil, United States still beats them to refinery of crude products hands down, let's not even go there. Besides, all you have just mentioned are nothing but literally finished farm "Produce". Nigeria doesn't export fresh farm produce like finished fresh veggies, ripened yellow bananas, nor mangoes either. Countries who export these products either export them in their raw state (perhaps seeds , etc) or in a finished and/or processed state. That brings me to my point, if Nigeria isn't producing finished products to export, how will they compare themselves to other nations who produce relatively same products they should be producing.[/b]

But  fresh tomato is not a finished  product or are you implying that Nigeria cannot import fresh tomatoes? Mind you we already import apples, grapes and some fresh farm produce from some other countries.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by uglybetty: 1:59pm On Apr 28, 2011
Is it because they are the large producers of tomatoes pepper and onions inshort vegetables, that they feel they should kill at their will. Lets see weather we will all die when we finally brake away from them, because of tomatoes. They are the list educated in the country,yet they make alot of trouble. by the time all the almajiris and aboki all over they non-MB states are forced to return home , we will see who will die 1st of hunger. Oloshi.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by Salym(m): 11:17pm On Apr 30, 2011
HAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin U So U people have started arguments even before you break. I foresee that your southern Nigerian Republic will just be a country full of tribal chaos.
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by skelemba: 8:47pm On May 04, 2011
To know what's happening in your world, follow us @mypages10 on twitter. If you are not on twitter, stay abreast and get a free twitter account. www.twitter.com/mypages10.
Also get a chance to win free recharge cards on our weekly quiz. spread the word, Tell your friends and family on twitter.
Email us on mypages1.0@gmail.com for enquiry. The Weekly quiz holds every Sunday from 4pm-6pm.
Prize goes to the first correct answer via retweet.(Please do not send your answers via direct message) do let us know the mobile network you use alongside your answer when you are retweeting.
U can also say that '@mypages10 provides u with the latest tweets on what's happening around the globe so you can be sure to stay intouch with you world even as you tweet.
Please Note weekly quiz start from the 22nd of may 2011
Re: Curfew In North Affects Prices In South by SmartTalk: 10:55am On Jan 31, 2013
jason123:
Lol. You simply cannot say I am trying to annex anyone. If you read my post, I was protecting the interest of the SS. I said, why should the SS join sides Why can't we use the Igbo and Yoruba enemity to our collective interest??

@Bolded
Several have tried that. It has never worked. Ken Saro-Wiwa tried it, look where he ended up. Rather than looking to make profit from a bad situation,seek instead to build partnerships and mutually benefiting alliances with whomever you want. You must respect their needs as much as you want your needs and aspirations to be respected. Choose carefully!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Buhari Ran PTF; Full Article - Newswatch (photo) / Delta To Build 30,000bpd Modular Refineries / Lagos Deserves Continuity Says Gov Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.