Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,110 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video (34877 Views)

243 Days Of Killings, Kidnappings: Is Insecurity Spiralling Out Of Control? / Atiku Floors Tinubu Inside Kaduna Government House / El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by HonNL: 5:55pm On Apr 27, 2021
Previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6526466/el-rufai-speaks-abduction-chibok-schoolgirls

Surrender to eriminals is not an option- KDSG
Amidst the violence unleashed by criminal elements on the people of Kaduna State, some commentators have responded by blaming KDSG for asserting that the duty of the state is to uphold the law and not to reward hoodlums for violating the lives, property and liberties of citizens.

Those pushing that kind of narrative are sharing a video clip of a 2014 interview in which Malam Nasir El-Rufai called on the government of President Goodluck Jonathan to use all options, including negotiation, to rescue the Chibok girls. The years since
2014 may have led some people to forget the denial and doubt that defined the FG's response to the Chibok abductions, especially the initial refusal to acknowledge that it happened.

That was the context under which civic pressures were brought on the government. Nigeria's journey since the 2014 Chibok tragedy has proven that the solution to violent crimes, including terrorism and banditry, is a robust response from the state and its coercive agencies. The quantum of money paid as ransom following many negotiations with bandits have not stopped kidnappings, reduced their frequency or deterred the criminals.

The experience of many states in the Northwest of Nigeria since 2015 has included cattle rustling, kidnappings, killings and the devastation of communities by criminals. Several states sought to negotiate their way out of the problems by talking to bandits, paying them money or offering them amnesty. This has not worked and has only encouraged the criminals to press ahead for a surrender of the public treasury to them. That is clearly not in the public interest.

Mass abduction was like in novelty in 2014. But the facts have changed since then. Negotiations and ransoms have been undertaken, but these have not stopped the criminals. It has only encouraged them. It is only prudent to review one's position when the facts change, and the suggestion made by a citizen years ago cannot be taken as the immutable answer to a serious problem which has evolved since 2014, no matter the Viral replays of the said video clip.

The Kaduna State Government has been consistently transparent about its security challenges. It has supported and continues to resource the security agencies in the state. We are engaging the Federal Government to have security responses that move away
from reactive response of repelling bandits towards a comprehensive, proactive offensive that takes the battle to the criminals and uproots them. As a sub-national, with no direct control of any of the security agencies, we cannot make this task more difficult by giving criminals the resources to acquire more arms.

KDSG regrets the recent kidnaps and killings of students from tertiary institutions in our state, and we sympathize with their families with whom we share the aim of the safe return of all the students. We mourn the dead students and we offer our condolences to the family and friends of the deceased.

The ruthless and heartless resort of the kidnappers to murdering these young persons is part of their effort to further their
blackmail and compel us to abandon our 'no-ransom, no negotiation' policy. Are people bothering with the consequences of state surrender to hoodlums, or is the continued politicization of security challenges not going to make all of us ultimately
victims of the insurgents?

The fact that criminals seek to hold us by the jugular does not mean we should surrender and create an incentive for more crime. In today's Nigeria, it has become fashionable to treat the unlawful demands of bandits as worthy of consideration and to lampoon people who insist that outlaws should be crushed and not mollycoddled or availed the resources they can use to unleash further outrages.

Signed
Muyiwa Adekeye
Special Adviser to the Governor (Media & Communication)
27th April 2021

SOURCE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by Officialgarri: 5:59pm On Apr 27, 2021
Someone please turn on the AC. The heat is much.

Everyone with his own views and style. And here comes El-rufai with his own view and widely condemned by "dissenting " views.
Until one gets in that shoe, you might never really know where and how it hurts.

Nevertheless, I still believe El-rufai is one man with a strong heart. Typical of what real leaders should be.
RobbStark:

He is a man with a strong heart abi....meaning he won't negotiate to free the remaining students rather he will hold his position of not negotiating and see all of the students killed.
I'll be forced to share with you what happened this morning while on transit with my friend

I nearly killed him;

So my friend—a staunch anti-Buhari/APC — argued with me why the government would even consider negotiating with terrorists.

I asked if he had learnt of the death of some students and I repeated same thing El-rufai had said to Jonathan about employing all tactics to set hostage free.

He still argued.

So I saw a 911 truck , and since i was driving, I thought of maneuvering and ramming into it.

I could get another car, but what if I lose my legs?

However, we must learn to reason with people's views.
My friends argument is that, paying ransom is tantamount to arming them.
Even if the bandits set these ones free, they would have gotten more resources to hold another set of people hostage.

In all, we must agree that Leadership and decision making isn't as easy as we think and we can't please everyone

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by Kestolove(m): 6:01pm On Apr 27, 2021
my question is what does Atiku and pdp stand to gain from all this organise killing and Banditary?

14 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by pricklewane: 6:02pm On Apr 27, 2021
Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by EkenmaPeter(m): 6:03pm On Apr 27, 2021
How time fly... only if he knew what will happen in the future. Everything is just look like a dream to all of them. This country don tire me

7 Likes

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by chiiraq802(m): 6:04pm On Apr 27, 2021
Shortman Devil .....

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by MEGA4BILLION(m): 6:10pm On Apr 27, 2021
Where is he shifting the goal post to?

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by doctokwus: 6:11pm On Apr 27, 2021
Api!
Now he is shifting the goal post and narrative as all liars and hypocrites do.
Hypocritical,2faced,lying bigot!!

80 Likes

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by xpressionx(m): 6:15pm On Apr 27, 2021
Hellrufai will is Booareri's Protege. Like devil like pikin

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by sweetonugbu: 6:16pm On Apr 27, 2021
He who wears the shoe knows where it pinches him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 27, 2021
El rufai there is no defending this one just shut up

Sometimes accept I messed up and say now I understand better

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by Cpossibility(m): 6:17pm On Apr 27, 2021
Kestolove:
my question is what does Atiku and pdp stand to gain from all this organise killing and Banditary?

Hope you are ok?

135 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by ThEGodFaThEr104: 6:17pm On Apr 27, 2021
Kestolove:
MuMu, go ahead and also blame Atiku's great grandfather and mother since APC and shifting of blames are like "Siamese Twins".

A Zombie will always be a zombie

140 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by nike18: 6:20pm On Apr 27, 2021
talks

meanwhile, don't miss out on this!
Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by greenie77: 6:20pm On Apr 27, 2021
Nigeria is sinking....

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by emmanuel596(m): 6:20pm On Apr 27, 2021
May God purnish all of you in Apc and your supporters especially the ones here on nairaland

26 Likes

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by fatymore(f): 6:21pm On Apr 27, 2021
But what is happening in Nigeria

These people are in Lagos too, may we not be a victim...

The country and street are not smiling.

Hardship everywhere.

Common food for the common man is now luxury.

One paint of garri 1200, beans a derica 400, you can't see yam of less than 1k again.

I don't know about other states but I am speaking based on my location.

My younger brother was jazzed/kidnapped last week Thursday in Lagos. He was released because they saw money in his account which was withdrew via POS.

People, please stay awoke, Nigeria isn't smiling in all areas now cry

5 Likes

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by jrupa(m): 6:21pm On Apr 27, 2021
Time reveals a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by gambia(m): 6:21pm On Apr 27, 2021
Hellrufai is a confirmed terrorist.

5 Likes

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by GreenWire(m): 6:21pm On Apr 27, 2021
abegi...
Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by hotwax: 6:21pm On Apr 27, 2021
Kestolove:

even fulanis are not denying the killing, they are even promising to kill more

And APC came out to say, if you dare defend yourself, our military technology is superior...

This is APC vs Nigerians

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by BigYash: 6:21pm On Apr 27, 2021
Kestolove:
You made me laught. Two things involved. Its either you're kidding with this statement or you need serious medical attention.

29 Likes

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 27, 2021
Gej just chilling and laughing in otuoke right now

cheesy grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by Pele10: 6:22pm On Apr 27, 2021
Kad
Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by Sonnobax15(m): 6:22pm On Apr 27, 2021
lipsrsealed
E be like say we don reach era of throw back videos

Sometimes,I just sit down and think if there's any trophy that's attached to "finding pleasure in confusion"

cus that's how our politicians are now..

Dem no get any meaningful strategy on how to tackle the present predicted that has befallen us as a people..

I'd rather use my last sub to watch xvideos than waste on watching any useless throw back video
Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by asobo1: 6:23pm On Apr 27, 2021
Are you suffering from dementia?
Kestolove:
Shameless hypocrite.

14 Likes

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 27, 2021
Kestolove:
nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by Pelexy: 6:23pm On Apr 27, 2021
Kestolove:
You are saying rubbish......... A government that do their rubbbish to our faces and youre still supporting them... Even the blood of the innocent that have been killed will also fight against you......

13 Likes

Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by DamnNiggar: 6:24pm On Apr 27, 2021
Tinubu
Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by Anaerobi(m): 6:24pm On Apr 27, 2021
hmmmm.
Re: Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video by Kestolove(m): 6:24pm On Apr 27, 2021
hotwax:

even fulanis are not denying the killing, they are even promising to kill more

And APC came out to say, if you dare defend yourself, our military technology is superior...

This is APC vs Nigerians
Atiku is fulani na

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri / I Will Be The Winner And I Will Congratulate Myself - Buhari / Malami: Banning Open Grazing Is Like Banning Sale Of Spare Parts in the North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.