Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,051 members, 7,825,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? (10562 Views)

Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Johel(m): 10:20am On Apr 28, 2021
Pastorjohn2:
The salary of 30k
How much is a bag of rice talk less of rent,feeding electricity and then transportation?

You better stay with your parents
Speak to your parents at least to know their thoughts on the matter

I'm just marvelled at the other comments,they on code pushing the poor boy into depression...30-40k that can't enable one have a decent life in lagos knowing how expensive things are becoming speedily.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 28, 2021
OP stay in your parents house for now....

When I started making little money...my mum called me aside and told me that my father's house belongs to me and I shouldn't think of renting an apartment then.....

That was the best advice because I was able to save for some months and boom.... opportunity came....I was able to buy 2 plots of land.....of course with the help and little contribution from my parents....same money I could've spent on house rent was used in buying land....

My house is not yet completed but I'm proud of myself because before the year runs out ... I'm moving out of my parents house....not to a rented apartment......but my own house....

OP by the way .... I'm 28 y/o.....

relax..... Don't put yourself in unnecessary pressure and hardship....

different strokes for different folks....just think it over...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 28, 2021
Your daily pay is #1k.How much do you spend in a day?#30k is a meagre salary compare to our lawmakers whose daily pay is #1m and #30m in a month.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 28, 2021
EGBA AND IJEBU GUY'S IN LAGOS NEVER LEAVE THEIR PARENTS HOUSE _____SOME OF THIS GUY'S SLEEP OUTSIDE AFTER RENT THEIR ROOM TO TENANT
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by CheedyJ(m): 10:23am On Apr 28, 2021
Fall2021:
It really breaks my heart when I hear that people actually earn N30k per month with the high cost of living. This country is a disaster
A lot earn less ooo, people are just surviving by God’s grace ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by GHOSTMODEBIZA: 10:24am On Apr 28, 2021
Guy man stay your parents house for atleast 1 full year so you can save enough to cover your daily expenses, naija nor funny oh. No let social media deceive you, majority of people telling you to leave immediately stil lives with their parents.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by ibechris(m): 10:25am On Apr 28, 2021
Take the decision and leave ur parents house.

U will never regret it,and when leaving them,pls avoid gambling and friends who gamble.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by mbahdi(m): 10:29am On Apr 28, 2021
I calculated 350 naira you said you spend on transport,is it to and fro.if it's to and fro that means 350x27 working days=9450
Then 9450*12=113400.you spend in a year on transport,
Then let's assume you rented an apartment of at worst 40k per annum.
40k-113400=73400
So moving out of your parents house is the best.
25 isn't good living with parents.you are already a man an should even be having like 10children by now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Heavensent01(m): 10:30am On Apr 28, 2021
30-40k is a small money, start the job first, at least spend some months before thinking about staying on your own

if your income is 80k-100k then I can advise you to give it a try. is better for you to still be there while you plan ahead than move out and move in later when the burden is too much

house rents, NEPA bills, security money, some expenses contribution in the rented house, feeding, transport will swallow that change you called money, not even in this economic crisis Nigerians are facing

instead of seeking for advise, take your calculator and calculate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by mbahdi(m): 10:30am On Apr 28, 2021
CheedyJ:

A lot earn less ooo, people are just surviving by God’s grace ...
A friend of mine with two children earn 10k as a secondary school teacher
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by CheedyJ(m): 10:33am On Apr 28, 2021
mbahdi:

A friend of mine with two children earn 10k as a secondary school teacher
There you go...the situation of d country is just so pathetic..10k for a father of two, I can’t imagine how they are coping even if he does extra lessons to augment his meagre salary, it still won’t be enough... na wa oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by SamuelLoch: 10:34am On Apr 28, 2021
You want privacy to be trying things out abi? shocked

Draft a SMART plan first... Make sure your plan would make you have savings!
Don't depend on that job too much! Policies can change!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by quadriolakunle(m): 10:38am On Apr 28, 2021
It's really a tricky business.

This was me some months ago opening a thread like this, just a few difference in facts.

I think you should consider some factors which may take about 3 to 6 months.

How much you would be able to save within the 3 to 6 months trail period, because somethings you may end up spending more living with your folks

How much you're cna invest in your personal development within the period, and the sense of independence and responsibility you would need to charter the course of your life later.

And after the trail period, if you feel you need to stay fine,
But there should be a timeline.
A year or two, you need to man up eventually.

By the way, that income, I can only imagine how you would be able to survive with that on your own.

While at the job, try to increase your capacity to earn.

CIAO

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by frank417: 10:42am On Apr 28, 2021
Leave and soar
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 28, 2021
Gabflex:
pls Pardon my poor writing.
Am 25yrs and I live with my parents. I have never lived outside my parents roof since i was born, I feel its kind of slowing down progress not because I live with them but because I feel comfortable.

I really love my parents and can't stand to watch them go through stress, especially my mum. that woman na Gold, she too try.

I got a job recently and I thought I should get my own apartment close to work.

one reason is people who held the post got transfered in less than 2-3yrs to another state and i learnt once ur good, u get promoted and transfered to be working in a branch outside the state.

salary around 30-40k
Transport from my parents house: #350 per day.

some people are telling me to remain in my parents house and save since i wont be paying house rent in my father's house.
getting a house close to work will cost me 30-50 per annum for a room (not self con)
I base In western part of Nigeria.

I want to be responsible and also my privacy really matters.

what do you think guys?

If I were you, I will opt In for self-contained because I can't/don't pray/will never reside In one room apartment. I moved out the age of 19years and my salary was N13,000 then. Now I earn In Six Figures!!! All the best.....

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 28, 2021
Yes grin
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by morelli: 10:47am On Apr 28, 2021
My brother, firstly congrats on the new job.Now to the real deal,you are 25 and want to go and live on your own.I don't think your parents are chasing you out,I rather think you need the freedom so you can have unlimited access to numerous distraction like having girlfriends coming over to sleep over and the rest of all the the things that will steer you away from the path of progress (ie kepping late night etc).My brother STAY AT HOME and enrol for your Masters and other professional exams and get yourself equipped before leaving..please use your head.you got a small job and you already want to leave,God knows what you will want to do when you get an oil company job.Have you not seen young boys that build houses and tell their parents to come and live with them..Be wise[b][/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Victoria938(f): 10:49am On Apr 28, 2021
Honestly if I were you I would try to keep living at home. This gives you the ability to save money and focus on your career. In a few years you will have a nest egg and hopefully a promotion/higher salary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Blackdisciple(m): 10:53am On Apr 28, 2021
Bros no mind them ooo...
If u are still with your parents and working you will have more money ...
Stay there work first and see how next coming years will be...
If na me sef na till am about to marry before I will leave

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Nickymezor(f): 10:55am On Apr 28, 2021
frank417:
Leave and soar
Hmm
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Kyngfarabale1(m): 10:58am On Apr 28, 2021
leave ur parents home now and you'll come back here to complain to us again..... better use ur brain b4 dem help u use am.... are ur parent chasing u out of their house.... if no den I think you're a fool..... sorry... Hahahahhahahha

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Olaideolayemi(m): 11:01am On Apr 28, 2021
Initially many peoples have given a good advice's, in different perspectives, but try and study the work,before packing.. Staying alone is good and challenging, but very good for good future possibility.. Best of luck..

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Karleb(m): 11:09am On Apr 28, 2021
You want to live on your own with a salary of 40k.

Na joke! grin

I don't know where you stay but as a single guy who lives in his parent house, I can tell you categorically that you can't survive on a 40k salary.

You could if you like to suffer tho but if you want to live life like a young person that you are, stay with your parent and enjoy the accommodation and free meal.

If you think I'm wrong, you can try it. But I need to warn you, the experience would not be nice unless of course, you like to suffer.

I once fed myself on a salary of 40k and it wasn't funny at all, funny thing is, the rent was free.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 28, 2021
Fall2021:
It really breaks my heart when I hear that people actually earn N30k per month with the high cost of living. This country is a disaster

Welcome to Nigeria......
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by ayandee: 11:34am On Apr 28, 2021
Khd95:
you better stay in ur papa house, salary of 30k monthly would barely sustain u thru the month when u start living alone, u have not factored in nepa bill, monthly fee for security and cleaners, foodstuff and other miscellaneous expenses, when u stay with your, all these will be avoided excep[t occasionally when u give your mom money to buy food stuff in the house and once in a while buy stuff for ur parents, this will help you save a whole lot

staying in ur father's house does not slow down ur progress oga, when u stay alone, you will be exposed to whole lot that will even distract you from making some critical decisions, because i am speaking from experience.

you can be 30 and still live with ur parents, so far you are a responsible child and useful to them, no let people decieve you thatt at 25 you should have your house and all that, there is so much debit alert outside ooo so stay with your papa and be useful to ur parents, u have a job now you wont be at hme all the time and that will earn u more respect, thank you
lol
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by bnovative(m): 11:44am On Apr 28, 2021
You can go to work from your parents house while saving some money. By this you only spend on transportation. If you have your salary increased at the course of your work, then you can move out. 40k is grossly inadequate for you to live alone.
Also,
If you must leave, then come to agreement with your parents to augment your salary with some money. I wish you good luck.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by izubext007: 11:48am On Apr 28, 2021
Yap............but after 3 months
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by SavageResponse(m): 12:02pm On Apr 28, 2021
Gabflex:
pls Pardon my poor writing.
Am 25yrs and I live with my parents. I have never lived outside my parents roof since i was born, I feel its kind of slowing down progress not because I live with them but because I feel comfortable.

I really love my parents and can't stand to watch them go through stress, especially my mum. that woman na Gold, she too try.

I got a job recently and I thought I should get my own apartment close to work.

one reason is people who held the post got transfered in less than 2-3yrs to another state and i learnt once ur good, u get promoted and transfered to be working in a branch outside the state.

salary around 30-40k
Transport from my parents house: #350 per day.

some people are telling me to remain in my parents house and save since i wont be paying house rent in my father's house.
getting a house close to work will cost me 30-50 per annum for a room (not self con)
I base In western part of Nigeria.

I want to be responsible and also my privacy really matters.

what do you think guys?

Go and live on your own so you'll develop money management skills

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by kinkykinky2: 12:08pm On Apr 28, 2021
liveyourlife007:
It's a good idea if you want to start living on your own,at that age, some of your mates are married, since you also mentioned staying with your parents is slowing down your progress, I know it may be hard to leave your comfort zone and all that, but believe me you will enjoy the Freedom and respect that comes with it. You can always visit your parents anytime. Go and Conquer.

Dear OP,

Please, do not listen to this advise.

Comfort zone is not about leaving your parent's house to suffer.

Be wise.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by THANDS619: 12:36pm On Apr 28, 2021
Fall2021:

I earn 25k as a private school teacher. Before month ends, I don borrow borrow...This country is really a disaster. only few would believe yesterday's afternoon was the last time I ate... I no lose hope Sha because God dey

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by liveyourlife007(m): 12:38pm On Apr 28, 2021
going by your moniker, you are a girl, waiting for a man to bring you under his roof, you won't understand. So if you leave your parents house you are bound to suffer. then sit down there till you start growing grey hair.
kinkykinky2:

Dear OP,

Please, do not listen to this advise.

Comfort zone is not about leaving your parent's house to suffer.

Be wise.
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by THANDS619: 12:41pm On Apr 28, 2021
The decision is for you to make. My advice is that you should try to save first(100k or above). You can rent an apartment after saving. A man must be a man, you will leave them one day but the freedom that follows when one is alone is great as you will be able to think on your own, on how your life should be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. / Invite From Iconic Ace Integrated Services / Food Concepts PLC Graduate & Experienced Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.