Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,862 members, 7,824,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? (10561 Views)

Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:37pm On Apr 28, 2021
Pastorjohn2:
The salary of 30k
How much is a bag of rice talk less of rent,feeding electricity and then transportation?

You better stay with your parents
Speak to your parents at least to know their thoughts on the matter
May God save us in this country
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:38pm On Apr 28, 2021
Onyi22:
grin grin Chai Mummy thank ma full Nairaland
Wicked girl

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:43pm On Apr 28, 2021
[quote author=fatymore post=101194415]30/40k.... And you want to start dreaming of getting a new apartment

Nigeria isn't smiling for now o.

By the time you pay utility bills, feeding and transport fee you won't have enough to save.

Plus 50k per annum is face me I face you so which privacy are you looking at[/quote
In which state? In some states face I face you is a good place o
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:44pm On Apr 28, 2021
StepTwo:
Bro, save money while still with your parents and save real good. Nigeria is very unpredictable right now. Food prices are on a daily rise, you night not see it now because maybe you don't do the buying but I can tell you that 30k salary is not good enough for you to be on your own right now. Take more time to think about your decision.
May God save us in this country
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:48pm On Apr 28, 2021
mbahdi:
I calculated 350 naira you said you spend on transport,is it to and fro.if it's to and fro that means 350x27 working days=9450
Then 9450*12=113400.you spend in a year on transport,
Then let's assume you rented an apartment of at worst 40k per annum.
40k-113400=73400
So moving out of your parents house is the best.
25 isn't good living with parents.you are already a man an should even be having like 10children by now.
Hahahahahaha bad boy grin grin
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:49pm On Apr 28, 2021
mbahdi:

A friend of mine with two children earn 10k as a secondary school teacher
Blood of Zachariah blood of Zachariah blood of Zachariah!!!!
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by gbemishile: 1:52pm On Apr 28, 2021
you begin to save money while in ur parent's house and feel so comfortable as u amass the money.bit by bit u begin to lose focus and really don't want to improve on yourself or look for another on that might fetch u more money cus there is really not much bills to pay.
bam.something bad happens to your parents and you're stuck with them as you have to stay and help them.if not careful,you begin to dedicate all ur time and resources and miss out on bachelorhood(where u can effectively plan ur finances,marriage, career etc) as the next music u start to hear is getting married so you can produce children to help around the house.
no matter how small u're earning,please leave for now so u can pass through each states of life and learn.
once u begin to age out and feel too comfortable,it becomes hard to plan urself

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:53pm On Apr 28, 2021
Karleb:
You want to live on your own with a salary of 40k.

Na joke! grin

I don't know where you stay but as a single guy who lives in his parent house, I can tell you categorically that you can't survive on a 40k salary.

You could if you like to suffer tho but if you want to live life like a young person that you are, stay with your parent and enjoy the accommodation and free meal.

If you think I'm wrong, you can try it. But I need to warn you, the experience would not be nice unless of course, you like to suffer.

I once fed myself on a salary of 40k and it wasn't funny at all, funny thing is, the rent was free.
The rent was even free may God save us in this country call Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:57pm On Apr 28, 2021
THANDS619:

I earn 25k as a private school teacher. Before month ends, I don borrow borrow...This country is really a disaster. only few would believe yesterday's afternoon was the last time I ate... I no lose hope Sha because God dey
God save us in this country instead of the useless government to build the youth and empower them they are busy building fly over and roads with borrowed money, who fly over help when people are suffering?? This government think everything is OK ba! They don't know what is coming for them they should continue carrying our money and investing in Dubai, after Niger state is done finished which state will the bandits state heading to?? ABUJA
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 28, 2021
mbahdi:
I calculated 350 naira you said you spend on transport,is it to and fro.if it's to and fro that means 350x27 working days=9450
Then 9450*12=113400.you spend in a year on transport,
Then let's assume you rented an apartment of at worst 40k per annum.
40k-113400=73400
So moving out of your parents house is the best.
25 isn't good living with parents.you are already a man an should even be having like 10children by now.

Which kind mumu calculation be this.
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by dollyj1996(m): 2:16pm On Apr 28, 2021
different strokes for different folks
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 28, 2021
Young man, 30k a month is like breeze in this current economy.

You don't even have a side hustle, you want to pack out an do what? survive on 30k.

I pray say na Lagos you dey, your body go tell you no worry.

Stay a while, save money, get a side hustle but set a timeline to leave. (What I did when in your shoes years ago)

Na who dey hustle dey pack out from parent house, no go jonz, street no nice. Bills to pay full ground.
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by WudBMother: 2:48pm On Apr 28, 2021
Stay with your parents. Offer to pay them rent and ask for that privacy you need, except you can't get a room to yourself there.

Gabflex:
pls Pardon my poor writing.
Am 25yrs and I live with my parents. I have never lived outside my parents roof since i was born, I feel its kind of slowing down progress not because I live with them but because I feel comfortable.

I really love my parents and can't stand to watch them go through stress, especially my mum. that woman na Gold, she too try.

I got a job recently and I thought I should get my own apartment close to work.

one reason is people who held the post got transfered in less than 2-3yrs to another state and i learnt once ur good, u get promoted and transfered to be working in a branch outside the state.

salary around 30-40k
Transport from my parents house: #350 per day.

some people are telling me to remain in my parents house and save since i wont be paying house rent in my father's house.
getting a house close to work will cost me 30-50 per annum for a room (not self con)
I base In western part of Nigeria.

I want to be responsible and also my privacy really matters.

what do you think guys?
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by ofiko123(m): 3:01pm On Apr 28, 2021
That is left for you to decide..
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by kinkykinky2: 3:03pm On Apr 28, 2021
liveyourlife007:
going by your moniker, you are a girl, waiting for a man to bring you under his roof, you won't understand. So if you leave your parents house you are bound to suffer. then sit down there till you start growing grey hair.

I am a man. Learn more about financial literacy. You have a lot to learn.

PS: I ain't staying under my parent's roof!!

Just helping a brother.

Smh.
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Jokkarm2: 3:38pm On Apr 28, 2021
if rent in your area is 40-50k annually, you can move out but if is from 100k and above, save up .
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Samzzy94(m): 3:55pm On Apr 28, 2021
Well, I think I need to comment on this thread cos I have faced similar situation.
In my own case, my parents were not chasing me away, but things were so hard at home. We struggled to feed. But at least we managed to feed twice a day. Seeing the situation as the first born, I started conceiving the idea of leaving home cos I felt I needed to relieve my parents off the extra burden of feeding me. After my NYSC, I made calls to some of my relatives and friends, telling them, I would like to stay with them still I could secure a job and gather some extra money to stay on my own (cos I had some savings from NYSC at that time). But to my amazement, everyone was coming up with one excuse or the other, hmmm. Being that I had already made up my mind not to go back to my parents, I used the savings with me to rent a room(dunno if I should call it face me I face u, cos bathroom and toilet was outside grin) and the remaining to feed myself pending when I would get a job...
Oboy, after a month, when the money don finish, you needed to see the kind of hunger wey come dey flog me left, right and center on a daily basis. cry. I was struggling to pay bills too, and I was starting to regret my decision of leaving my parents.
Well to cut the long story short, after three to four weeks of intense suffering, I was called for an interview for a job I applied for, I was given the job and was asked to resume immediately. Feeding and accommodation was taken care of by the company whenever I was on duty, cos I was sent to a location outside the town in which I reside to resume. And since then till now, I have not regretted my decision to move out( apart from when hungry wan kill me initially ooo grin)

So bro, different strokes for different folks, if your parents are buoyant enough to take care of you, fine you can stay and enjoy the benefit of having well to do parents, but if you look at things, and you see leaving home will really bring a big relief to them, then you should find a way to leave the house oo, cos they would never tell you with their mouth to leave, you are the one who needs to take the initiative.

Best of luck

4 Likes

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Richthekid: 4:31pm On Apr 28, 2021
And if you lose the job you go back home right
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Fantazy(m): 4:55pm On Apr 28, 2021
All of you advising him to continue staying under his parents because of bills, etc Think of this;
No amount of money is enough, especially in today's world. You can always survive no mater the amount of money you earn as salary, it all depends on planning.
The bitter truth is that whether he lives with his parents or not, he will still spend, even living with his parents will even make him spend more (buying things he doesn't need) unless he is fixing his savings. cos he believes he is getting what he needs from his parents.

My advice is you go out, start taking responsibilities, that will help you become independent (The first and most important achievement of any man)

I was 17 when I started working (night job) to feed myself and pay my school fees (though it cos I lost my parents at a young age)
So you are even lucky.

Move out and thank me later

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by THANDS619: 5:49pm On Apr 28, 2021
Samzzy94:
Well, I think I need to comment on this thread cos I have faced similar situation.
In my own case, my parents were not chasing me away, but things were so hard at home. We struggled to feed. But at least we managed to feed twice a day. Seeing the situation as the first born, I started conceiving the idea of leaving home cos I felt I needed to relieve my parents off the extra burden of feeding me. After my NYSC, I made calls to some of my relatives and friends, telling them, I would like to stay with them still I could secure a job and gather some extra money to stay on my own (cos I had some savings from NYSC at that time). But to my amazement, everyone was coming up with one excuse or the other, hmmm. Being that I had already made up my mind not to go back to my parents, I used the savings with me to rent a room(dunno if I should call it face me I face u, cos bathroom and toilet was outside grin) and the remaining to feed myself pending when I would get a job...
Oboy, after a month, when the money don finish, you needed to see the kind of hunger wey come dey flog me left, right and center on a daily basis. cry. I was struggling to pay bills too, and I was starting to regret my decision of leaving my parents.
Well to cut the long story short, after three to four weeks of intense suffering, I was called for an interview for a job I applied for, I was given the job and was asked to resume immediately. Feeding and accommodation was taken care of by the company whenever I was on duty, cos I was sent to a location outside the town in which I reside to resume. And since then till now, I have not regretted my decision to move out( apart from when hungry wan kill me initially ooo grin)

So bro, different strokes for different folks, if your parents are buoyant enough to take care of you, fine you can stay and enjoy the benefit of having well to do parents, but if you look at things, and you see leaving home will really bring a big relief to them, then you should find a way to leave the house oo, cos they would never tell you with their mouth to leave, you are the one who needs to take the initiative.

Best of luck

your story is similar to mine, I have relieved them of some burden. The only difference in the story is that hunger still dey nack me small small but I strongly believe all go set Sha ....you are correct, they won't use their mouth to tell you to leave but you leaving them is not bad
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Samzzy94(m): 6:59pm On Apr 28, 2021
THANDS619:

your story is similar to mine, I have relieved them of some burden. The only difference in the story is that hunger still dey nack me small small but I strongly believe all go set Sha ....you are correct, they won't use their mouth to tell you to leave but you leaving them is not bad

No worry my brother, e go better..
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by nerilove(m): 7:15pm On Apr 28, 2021
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

Stay in your parents' house for now,
Work at least 1yr in order to master the work and save a little.
If you rush out now that you don't know anything about the job, you might get hurt.

Immediately you mastered the job and saved a little, you can now pack out of the house.
Pay no attention to those telling you to dwell in your parents house forever just because of what you'll gain there, me I packed out of my parents house at the age of 22yrs even with a meagre salary of 1.5k( though, that's about 23yrs ago)
And I learned a lot, as the saying goes that experience is the best teacher.
Do it, so that you'll learn to be independent in any situation you may find yourself.
That's an elderly advise.
Best answer of all. Spot On!
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Gabflex: 9:17pm On Apr 28, 2021
Bbbwings:
Think very well. Your expenses will definitely be more than 40k each month. Have you been to the market recently?
can't be up to. rent 30k for a year. if I save 3k monthly am good feeding, 1-0-1 or 0-1-1 or better ½-1-1 I won't spend 15k monthly. wetin I dey chop
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Gabflex: 9:50pm On Apr 28, 2021
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

If you rush out now that you don't know anything about the job, you might get hurt.

Immediately you mastered the job and saved a little, you can now pack out of the house.
Pay no attention to those telling you to dwell in your parents house forever just because of what you'll gain there, me I packed out of my parents house at the age of 22yrs even with a meagre salary of 1.5k( though, that's about 23yrs ago)
Do it, so that you'll learn to be independent in any situation you may find yourself.
Respect boss.
thank You
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Gabflex: 10:01pm On Apr 28, 2021
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

there are some things I didn't add and its making people not to understand how I feel.
this is not my first job.
I haven't completed my education yet, planning on that and I will be schooling 5min drive away from work and 5min walk from the place I want to rent.

schooling gets me on a higher level quicker as the organization recognize cert.
I want to finish my HND.

I dont Smoke drink or womanise so I don't see where unnecessary expenses will come in.
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Gabflex: 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2021
phr0nesis:
Remain with them for now, it will help you save. 40k isn't enough to cover all your expenses including house rent. I left home before getting a job and I know what I went through.
u left b4 getting a job and I want to leave after getting a job, our story no relate, ur suppose suffer pass me.
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Gabflex: 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2021
SmartyPants:

Slow down before you fall into the trap of increasing your expenses in proportion to your income. At least earn for a while, save some, and then move out comfortably. You don't need privacy while you are still poor!
am not poor.
as a man thinketh so he is in his heart.
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by SmartyPants(m): 10:09pm On Apr 28, 2021
Gabflex:

am not poor.
as a man thinketh so he is in his heart.

Okay. Then why ask for advice? Go ahead and spend your billions.
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Gabflex: 10:10pm On Apr 28, 2021
fatymore:
30/40k.... And you want to start dreaming of getting a new apartment

Nigeria isn't smiling for now o.

By the time you pay utility bills, feeding and transport fee you won't have enough to save.

Plus 50k per annum is face me I face you so which privacy are you looking at
sounding like am buying a new house.
just rent somewhere close to work and school.
pay my bills, make my parent feel their son wen I send money to them, visit them weekends so they know they have a son
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Bbbwings: 10:35pm On Apr 28, 2021
Gabflex:

can't be up to.
rent 30k for a year.
if I save 3k monthly am good
feeding, 1-0-1 or 0-1-1 or better ½-1-1
I won't spend 15k monthly. wetin I dey chop
No suffer yourself oga
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by calcal: 12:22am On Apr 29, 2021
How can he save with 30000 naira?

Transport 350 * 20 = 7000

Rem: 23000
Food at work:?
Clothe?
Shoes?

A man @25, there is a big problem in location 9, nothing is working.

Try to move out, don't think of going back, keep going, God will help you, stay away from women and bad guys.

Johnmax95:
The feeling of Independence is great but plan your exit intelligently. Use this period to save as much as you can but ensure you contribute to ease the financial burdens on your parents..

I design stylish and amazing websites at a very low cost. @15k minimum. This caters for domain, hosting and emails. Call/WhatsApp 0816,852,4235

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NEW Job Recruitment Company for NIGERIANS, AMERICANS and CANADIANS / Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. / Invite From Iconic Ace Integrated Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.