Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road (9568 Views)

Governor Otti To Flag-Off Reconstruction Of Aba-Port Harcourt Road / Sanwo-olu Kicks-off Reconstruction Of Burnt Akere Motor Parts Market / Sanwo-Olu Flags Off Reconstruction Of Ibeju Lekki-Epe Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by OmoOgunOriginal(f): 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2021
Says road ready in 15 months

Ogun State Governor Dapo Abiodun flagged off the reconstruction of the Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road on Thursday, with a promise that the project would not be abandoned.

The governor also inaugurated the 10.25 km Lusada Junction-Igbesa-Ogun Guangdong FTZ Road, a project undertaken via Public-Private Partnership.0

Flagging off the 19 km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road at an event which was attended by the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Niyi Adebayo; Chairman, Senate Committee on Works and former governor of Kebbi State, Senator Adamu Aliero; Senator representing Lagos West and Chairman, Senate Committee on Finance, Senator Olamilekan Adeola; Senator Ayo Akinyelure; Senator Oyeyemi Bamidele; and Senator Micheal Nnachi, among other dignitaries, Abiodun said the commencement of rehabilitation work on the road would impact positively on the ease of doing business along the industrial corridor.

While saying the road will be completed in 15 months time, the governor said that though the road, which is part of the Sokoto-Badagry Expressway, belonged to the federal government, he said his administration decided to embark on the reconstruction of the road in order to give succour to the residents and industries along the axis.

Abiodun, who reiterated that his government would not develop any part of the state at the expense of another, disclosed that over 172 kilometres of road had been constructed, while 120 kilometres had also been rehabilitated across the length and breadth of Ogun within two years of his administration.

The governor assured that all roads leading to industrial areas and farm settlements in the state will be prioritised to boost economic growth and development.

He commended Buhari administration for the prompt approval on the request for the transfer of the rehabilitation, reconstruction and maintenance of Atan-Lusada-Agbara road to the Ogun State.

The governor urged the residents along the axis to take charge of the project, disclosing in the communities would be gainfully engaged during the construction of the road.

‘No doubt, today’s twin events of turn of sod of Atan-Lusada-Agbara road and commissioning of the Lusada-Igbesa road is part of our administration’s commitment to provide infrastructure in order to continue to open up our border communities along the axis. It is, in fact, an assertion of our strategic and deliberate approach to reposition all our industrial hubs in our dear state. And, no doubt, Ogun West, especially the Agbara Industrial Estate in Nigeria, which is one of the biggest industrial estates, remains key to the development of Ogun State,’ he stated.

‘In this direction, the completion of Atan-Lusada-Agbara, which is expected in the next few months, will go a long way towards improving the quality of life and advancement of commerce in Ogun West and other industrial hubs in Ogun State.

‘And, I am very optimistic that, at completion, this Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road will not only improve Ease Doing Business in this area, but bring a wholesome development to the entire Ogun West District,’ Abiodun stated.

In his remark at the event, Chairman, Senate Committee on Works, Adamu Aliero, assured the Ogun State Government that the committee would ensure that the reconstruction work on Atan-Lusada-Agbara road is included in the 2022 appropriation bill.

The senator noted that the Abiodun administration had thought it wise to reconstruct the federal government road because of concern for the people of the state.

He described the initiative as a symbol of good governance which must be appreciated, while urging the governor to ask for reimbursement from the government at the centre upon the completion of the project.

‘This road is a federal government road, but because of concern you have for your people you decided to embark on the reconstruction of the road because of its economic value, not only to the state, but to the country. This is what good governance is all about.

‘I want to urge you to ask for reimbursement from the Federal Government upon the completion of this project. This project is much more important to Ogun State and by extension Nigeria. I appreciate you for this initiative, it is a right step in the right for the benefit of the country.

‘We’ll give the necessary support to ensure that this project is included in the 2022 budget,’ Aliero stated.

The Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Niyi Adebayo, lauded the governor for taking the bold step to rehabilitate the industrial road, noting his ministry would continue to collaborate with the state on areas of trade and investment.

In their respective remarks, Senator Olamilekan Adeola and former senator who represented Ogun West at the NASS, Akin Odunsi, expressed their delight at the decision to reconstruct the road after years of abandonment.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/ogun-abiodun-flags-off-reconstruction-of-19-km-atan-lusada-agbara-road/

2 Likes

Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:54pm On Apr 29, 2021
Just to fix road una dey hug unasef,
Mediocrity kee una

If I was also a politician, I would never allow Nigeria break! Where else would fixing roads call for this much fanfare?

33 Likes

Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by OmoOgunOriginal(f): 9:55pm On Apr 29, 2021
More pictures from the flag off. We've really suffered in that axis after Amosun administration abandoned the project

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by Golden057(m): 10:00pm On Apr 29, 2021
Naija my corn tree

Still fixing road in this century

Worst part of it is that ordinary 19 km will take 15 months! God!!!
When will my country fix bridge in 3 weeks?

Anyway, pls fix Akute, Agbado ijoko road and Adiyan gasline.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by XXXXTENTACION: 10:22pm On Apr 29, 2021
Our wailings are now bearing result cool

1 Like

Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 29, 2021
we Don suffer for that road o

3 Likes

Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by anigbajumo(m): 12:01am On Apr 30, 2021
Just 30km will take 15 months?? Fashola still remains the best Governor I
In the history of SW. I COMMEND DAPO For the project but the time frame is too much for the project.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by jesicajonna(m): 5:46am On Apr 30, 2021
Okay oo
Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by ZombieBurster: 5:48am On Apr 30, 2021
kai

When you go up North you'll see far longer km of Roads fixed within few months

but down South a 19km road would take 15 months for completion

come Down to Lagos, the Lagos-Badagry expressway is still under construction for almost 10 years now

and some people still dey shout 1 Naijeria

make una kontinue

last last all Southerners go wise maybe after 100 years

5 Likes

Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by West2019(m): 5:49am On Apr 30, 2021
Abode is the best Governor in Nigeria .

3 Likes

Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by Sharpquality233: 5:50am On Apr 30, 2021
Really

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by jneutron4000: 5:51am On Apr 30, 2021
Abiodun is doing well, but can any Yoruba from Oyo state please show us what Seyi Makinde is doing in Oyo state?

God bless Yoruba land

6 Likes

Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by TLE900: 5:51am On Apr 30, 2021
During my primary schiol days, road suppose to a basic amenity. Do we need to play to the gallary before starting construction of road?
OmoOgunOriginal:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/ogun-abiodun-flags-off-reconstruction-of-19-km-atan-lusada-agbara-road/
Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by mrpackager(m): 5:54am On Apr 30, 2021
At last!
Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by Mikelarteta(m): 5:55am On Apr 30, 2021
Na starting dem Dey get no finishing

1 Like

Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by Sunnybay7: 5:56am On Apr 30, 2021
Long over due.

1 Like

Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by Nobody: 5:57am On Apr 30, 2021
Sunnybay7:
Long over due.

Honestly, I pity those living on that axis. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by GboyegaD(m): 5:57am On Apr 30, 2021
Is the flag of necessary? Is the governor that idle to attend such and why not let his commissioner of works announce it over the radio?

Wondering why Loral involved themselves in this act of mediocrity.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by 1beat(m): 5:58am On Apr 30, 2021
My pastor. very slow man he's prayer points go slow
Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by Zankut: 5:59am On Apr 30, 2021
Something to think about

2 Likes

Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by liajosh(m): 6:00am On Apr 30, 2021
Make sure it's completed.
Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by jeff1607(m): 6:00am On Apr 30, 2021
Seems anytime a governor of ogun state need money to embezzle they start this thing ,before election they will allocate this contract to another firm again

1 Like

Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by busariabeyx24(m): 6:00am On Apr 30, 2021
shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by Sammy07: 6:01am On Apr 30, 2021
OmoOgunOriginal:
More pictures from the flag off. We've really suffered in that axis after Amosun administration abandoned the project

Very true
Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by Sammy07: 6:02am On Apr 30, 2021
busariabeyx24:
My house dey close to the commissioning site. Dis govt no serious at all, just come and see the way choppers dey fly up and down for cash and carry bus stop(lusada). After every every some foolish mofos wey don dey terrorize lusada lately just burst out on top bike dey fire at will na so my people just shout my name make I come inside and close the door. You need to see the speed I take enter house even forget aboki wey dey polish my shoes outside .

grin Ọlẹ

1 Like

Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by Sammy07: 6:03am On Apr 30, 2021
jneutron4000:
Abiodun is doing well, but can any Yoruba from Oyo state please show us what Seyi Makinde is doing in Oyo state?

God bless Yoruba land

Makinde is doing very well than Abiodun.

But Abiodun get money to control pass Makinde.

Both
Makinde
Abiodun
Oyetola

= Accidental governors

5 Likes

Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by Dapoewa1(m): 6:05am On Apr 30, 2021
Please sir , remember to work on Abule Iroko road via Sango Otta.
Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by Anneka101(f): 6:12am On Apr 30, 2021
Nice one from abiodun, please look into the roads of the state.
Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by renegades(m): 6:17am On Apr 30, 2021
Ok
Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by ALISMILE(m): 6:21am On Apr 30, 2021
Ogun and incompetent governors
Re: Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road by Theta1: 6:24am On Apr 30, 2021
What about Sango otta road network?
This is a raining season again, we can't use our cars on that road, we will climb bike and wait for dry season to come to use car. Sango ota is a home of manufacturing factories and we pay our tax to both federal govt and state govt. May God help us

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello's Chief Of Staff, Asuku Trains Youths, Empowers New Graduates / Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! / Of The Followings, Which Is The Highest Killer Of Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.