Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? (24349 Views)

If You Have 5.5M With A Bad Road Factor, Which Car Will You Buy? / Honda Crosstour 2013 Model Available @ 5.5m / 2011 Or 2012 Toyota Venza toks urgently needed 4.5-5.5m toks preferred (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by Darls247: 6:19pm On May 02, 2021
My brother sumon him with Oracle, they will contact him and give him time to pay up. If he fell to pay or act stubborn he will face the consequences. don't go to police or lawyer it will cost you money and he may end up not paying you.
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 02, 2021
epelumi42:
In November 2020, I Paid my neighbor who has a car stand for a toyota highlander 2010. He said he can bring it for 4.5m and asked for 2m deposit to balance when the car comes. Long story short, I ended up paying 5.3m and he came up with several stories about processing custom duty and didn't bring the car (a different 2008 highlander) until January 16.

I traveled few days after and on my way back, I got stopped by customs officers. The duty on the car was shoddily forged. I parted with 220k after long hours of begging. I got to Abuja with a soldier that I paid 40k. In summary, the car has cost me 5.7m.

I returned the car when I got back and he said I'll pay 60k to cancel the registration and he'll sell the car . since February 3rd, he hasn't paid. Once he said some people deposited money and I asked for it. He sent 200k in March. He's been posting me week after week. Different stories.

What's the best way to recover my money? I'm tired of the stories.
He said he's retired SSS

Sell the debt. And free your mind
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by SirBunky85(m): 6:19pm On May 02, 2021
cchub:
Retired sss? No wahala, call bandits, kidnap him. Since he has money, tell pantami boys to bill his family any amount but you go collect your own 5.5m.

Then after, tell pantami boys to waste him, he's better off dead than in our society.
Since he thinks he can get away with anything because he's a former sss.

Oloun some people no know sey niggas dey wey get craze pass them.

If i put call to my aro xyz's, the man go remit the rabas within a week, shey manchi wey no fear God na im you wan dey use sss threaten?

Epelumi24, did this by chance happen in ibadan?
all these BSTs self.
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by Nigeriadondie1: 6:20pm On May 02, 2021
Barbiturate:

You shouldn't refund any money sir. Make him understand you have to do the duty and registration. Call him and sit with him one on one and discuss like a man to a man! No quarrels, No arguments, just find a way to convince him and speak to his conscience
Talk doesn’t work. Force would do
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 02, 2021
Don’t make a big mistake by reporting to Nigeria Police .... Police will parley with the man and teach him what to say and you end up collecting 50k every month. I’ll advice you to get a good lawyer but before getting a lawyer you can involve a military personnel to carry him and teach him a lesson and you will get your money back
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by Calitoscassius(m): 6:22pm On May 02, 2021
For those suggesting that he get a lawyer. grin grin please! Nigerian lawyers are crooked. I dealt with them they are after money. They work for the highest bidder.

Just stab him with 6 inch kitchen knife or use a matchet and turn him into mince meat.

Forget the money you will never ever never recover your money. Go and take the car as quickly as possible. Nigerians scamming their fellow Nigerians yet they want good governance from their also scamming leaders.
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by maasoap(m): 6:22pm On May 02, 2021
epelumi42:

I returned the car when I got back and he said I'll pay 60k to cancel the registration and he'll sell the car . since February 3rd, he hasn't paid. Once he said some people deposited money and I asked for it. He sent 200k in March. He's been posting me week after week. Different stories.

He said he's retired SSS

This one weak me. You have been scammed! Forget it and move on, you allowed it.
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by Kwunume: 6:31pm On May 02, 2021
epelumi42:
In November 2020, I Paid my neighbor who has a car stand for a toyota highlander 2010. He said he can bring it for 4.5m and asked for 2m deposit to balance when the car comes. Long story short, I ended up paying 5.3m and he came up with several stories about processing custom duty and didn't bring the car (a different 2008 highlander) until January 16.

I traveled few days after and on my way back, I got stopped by customs officers. The duty on the car was shoddily forged. I parted with 220k after long hours of begging. I got to Abuja with a soldier that I paid 40k. In summary, the car has cost me 5.7m.

He said he's retired SSS
if they is prove I mean evidence of payment and you don't mind lawyers professional fee, you can recover it through the law court.
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 02, 2021
OP Deal With Him Squarely....Na So One Guy Bin Want Use Me Play.... Money I No See,Goods I No See,Oya Refund My Money,E Begin Tell Me Say Him Na Retired Navy Officer....By The Time E See Say My Eyes Self Dey Red,Hand Touch Am And Him So Called Navy Colleagues For NNS BeeCroft Deny Am...E Return My Money With Interest Ontop...No Go Dey Look People Faces Ohh Unless The Money No Got Economic Value To You Again.
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by dunmsy2k: 6:45pm On May 02, 2021
Follow his condition. Return the 200k, collect the car and thereafter report him to police or civil defence to recover the extra money he collected for 2010 model.. Mind you, be ready to part with some of the money. It is a civil matter so amicable settlement is the best approach. You don't need a lawyer yet. You must act lika monkey to catch a monkey.
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by Smithkline200: 6:46pm On May 02, 2021
Did he buy the car on Pre-Order basis?

How was the transaction and how did it go?

You see eeeh, i learnt to just get a car you like for yourself and move on. All these pre-orders most times na wash.

You wouldn't have returned it though, you would have gotten a Invoice from Customs and work towards a genuine Duty.
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by Prettychild(f): 6:49pm On May 02, 2021
You need a lawyer. Are you based in Lagos or Abuja?
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by Brownpiro: 6:53pm On May 02, 2021
Take him to justice court and you'll get your money back immediately
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by sunday2olabode(m): 7:02pm On May 02, 2021
some people are wicked they don't care the pains their fellow human will pass Tru
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by Harriddon(m): 7:03pm On May 02, 2021
Belekete family Abuja by Ahmed can be of help
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by chiboycue: 7:06pm On May 02, 2021
epelumi42:

He said he's retired SSS

I suggest you report the matter to Ordinary Dr. Ahmed Isa, founder of Brekette Family or listen to FM 101.1 by 7:45am if residing in Abuja

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by EndBuhariNow(m): 7:06pm On May 02, 2021
WowSweetGuy:
What will the army do if the man doesn't have the money to pay yet?!

Na only to raise dust
person wey bring out 5.70m buy car in this horrible time go have 200 to pay soldier
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by Kaiser20: 7:07pm On May 02, 2021
Darls247:
My brother sumon him with Oracle, they will contact him and give him time to pay up. If he fell to pay or act stubborn he will face the consequences. don't go to police or lawyer it will cost you money and he may end up not paying you.
Guys are not afraid of the Oracle stuff anymore, someone even came with group of Army guys to recover his money they were all arrested by the Military Police at Maryland case closed.
A lawyer will work, sometimes taking the laws into your own hand will Backfire.
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by missyojo(f): 7:14pm On May 02, 2021
Go to brekete family radio in Abuja and report him.
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by mkoabiola: 7:16pm On May 02, 2021
epelumi42:

You're right. My issue is that he thinks he can get away with it. That I'll be forced to pick the car since he can't sell it at market price without duty. And he's not willing to pay. When I asked for the car, he literally told me I have to refund the 200k he sent.
Which kind agbero and fraudster neighbor b that...

Collect d car back jejely if not.....
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by Wendy006: 7:21pm On May 02, 2021
mkoabiola:

Which kind agbero and fraudster neighbor b that...

Collect d car back jejely if not.....

Give me 20% on any recovery made. (not upfront) As a certified recovery agent, we will recover your money

25k mobilization fee, send me his number, full names, send evidence of transfers to his bank account. Leave the rest.

Juju no dey work, there are strategic steps that will coerce him to pay , if intensely engaged he will have no choice.

Pls & Pls don't go to court, it will be the end of the story. Since there was no duely signed executed conditions precedent to the payments you made , you will loose head and tail...

Quote me if interested...
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by ChiefAfonja: 7:24pm On May 02, 2021
bluefilm:

Don't say that.

I am a Police Officer.

Hahahaha oga you know its true and we Nigerians don't trust our police
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by simplesearch: 7:24pm On May 02, 2021
Its a pity.That's 5m+ going down the drain if care is not taken. Somehow may be if Op were asked to donate 10% of that amount for God's work, he'll scream God forbid. But see how devourers penetrate peoples life, what they can't give to God till God's kingdom come they'll easily give it wholeheartedly to unprofitable course.
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by pweetymama(f): 7:25pm On May 02, 2021
epelumi42:

He said he's retired SSS
it's a criminal case.pick him up with state Cid. The only problem is that court is not sitting now but they will detain him well. if u were in pH, I would have helped you. Don't be calm, go violent.i can't trust anybody again o, no matter who you are. Mine was even a lawyer who tried defrauding me. I just reclaimed money I nearly lost to a fraudster lawyer by seizing the car she bought with my money. Just don't fall for it again.make sure u see what you are buying before you pay...

2 Likes

Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by Laboni: 7:27pm On May 02, 2021
Person wey you go hire boys knack am better apkako for head till he vomit the last penny, you dey there dey do sme sme.. The street is rugged and you have to overcome it with ruggedity.. Finally, go to car dealers stand and buy your car without stories next time.
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by ameh99: 7:41pm On May 02, 2021
If you are in Abuja,

Just write to the Ordinary President Dr Ahmed Isa.

Human Rights Redio

He will help you recover your money hopefully
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by Housing(m): 7:42pm On May 02, 2021
MrWTF:

[s]Never in your life trust a NIGERIAN with your hard earned money.

Nigerians are dubious creatures. Don’t help any Nigerian. Even though he’s begging for his life.

Very useless set of black creatures.
[/s][s][/s]

Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by PS712: 7:53pm On May 02, 2021
epelumi42:
In SSS
This is the pain citizens face in a weak justice system- you see your right trampled and there's nothing you can do about it than to accept your helplessness, too bad.
Seek the counsel of a good lawyer. Let the lawyer examine the facts of the case, where you are wrong/stand to lose and your area of strength (I say this cause you gave bribe for the car too).
Afterwards, make informed decision.
If you are in Lagos, approach multi door court system as mentioned by someone above. If in Abuja, visit Human Rights Radio. For that neighbour of yours to behave this way,it's obvious he can go another length to hurt you (not saying you should be afraid of him though). Just apply wisdom, be ready to take some losses (try to gain possession of the highlander he earlier gave you using mediation means), it has happened already, case involving police will only further milk you..,get the lessons learnt and move on.
Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by Kay25(m): 7:58pm On May 02, 2021
Go to police but promise them 10 percent it won't take long u get ur money

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? by cayorday89(m): 8:07pm On May 02, 2021
epelumi42:

He said he's retired SSS
From today henceforth, when you ask for the money either through phone call or face to face, let there be a form of recording, also send him written letter stating your displeasure, with your lawyer involved and if he does not pay at a specific period convenient by you involve the police to get him arrested and if possible soldiers... That SSS he claims to be, na there gangan the fraud dey, just like someone trying to do business with you and claiming he is a pastor or Alfa, all na wash, na the same format..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hilarious Photos of Things People Use To Repair Their Cars / Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering / The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.