Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,357 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour (16330 Views)

Why You Should Accept Jesus Christ Now / Six Reasons Gambling/Betting Is Not Good For You As A Christian / Lady Indicates Jesus As Her Next Of Kin While Filing A Travel Manifest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by God2man2again(m): 3:34am On May 18, 2021
[quote author=bobestman post=101786128][/quote]

I hope you know that Yeshua is the Hebrew name for Jesus. It means "Yahweh (the Lord) is salvation".
The English spelling of Yeshua is "Joshua".
However,when translated into Greek, in which the new testament was written, the name Yeshua becomes (lesous) meaning Savior and the salvation of the Lord.

Moreover, in the new Strong's exhaustive concordance of the Bible, you will see the following names in Hebrew, Jehoshuah,Jeshua,Jeshuah, JESUS,Osea, Oshea, Hosea, Hoshea. All these names are pointing towards the same meaning, Jehovah saved, he will saved, deliverer, God rescued.

Kindly Google "is Jesus an English name"

The answer is NO. The Origin of the name is HEBREW.

Thank you.
Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by Myer(m): 7:14am On May 18, 2021
God2man2again:

I hope you know that Yeshua is the Hebrew name for Jesus. It means "Yahweh (the Lord) is salvation".
However,when translated into Greek, in which the new testament was written, the name Yeshua becomes (lesous) meaning Savior and the salvation of the Lord.

Moreover, in the new Strong's exhaustive concordance of the Bible, you will see the following names in Hebrew, Jehoshuah,Jeshua,Jeshuah, JESUS,Osea, Oshea, Hosea, Hoshea. All these names are pointing towards the same meaning, Jehovah saved, he will saved, deliverer, God rescued.

Thank you.

Who is arguing this again?
Apparently another product of "my pastor said"

Jesus is the english version of Yeshia.
Just like James is the english version of Jqcob.

There are many others like that in the bible for any one who has inkling for researching.
Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by God2man2again(m): 8:14am On May 18, 2021
Myer:

Who is arguing this again?
Apparently another product of "my pastor said"

Jesus is the english version of Yeshia.
Just like James is the english version of Jqcob.

There are many others like that in the bible for any one who has inkling for researching.

English version or English name?

Did i mention the name of any Pastor?

As a researcher, Do you have the new Strong exhaustive Bible concordance?
Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by Myer(m): 8:51am On May 18, 2021
God2man2again:

English version or English name?

Did i mention the name of any Pastor?

As a researcher, Do you have the new Strong exhaustive Bible concordance?

Version or name we're saying the same thing.

Ibukun in yoruba is the same as Blessing in Igbo.
Ibrahim in Quran is the same as Abraham in the Bible.

Anyone who has studied etymology knows Jesus is the same as Yeshua and Joshua.

I'm just surprised some were still arguing that.
Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by God2man2again(m): 9:47am On May 18, 2021
Joshua is the English spelling while Jesus is the original Hebrew name.

Jesus is not an English name Sir.
Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by bobestman(m): 10:41am On May 18, 2021
God2man2again:

Thank you.

Google is part of the system. They only give you what the powers that be wants. However you see it, no problem
Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by Myer(m): 11:09am On May 18, 2021
God2man2again:
Joshua is the English spelling while Jesus is the original Hebrew name.

Jesus is not an English name Sir.

Jesus and Joshua are the English way of spelling Yeshua.

Just as Jacob and James are the English way of spelling Yakub.

Just as Abraham is the English way of spelling Ibrahim.

Ibukun and Ngozi are likewise the Yoruba and Igbo ways of spelling Blessing.

This ergo begs the question of What is a name?

Is it the spelling of the name or the meaning of the name?
Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by xrenzy(m): 11:09am On May 18, 2021
truespeak:

Speak for yourself and for your Quran!

We, True Christ Followers are thankful for the Bible and know it Speaks the Truth for we have Tested it and it Stood even against your likes!

So we stand Surely and With it!
the missionaries came to our land with the bible in their hands taught us how to pray with our eyes close when we open our eyes we have the bible they have the land. Bro shade islam all you want I don't care I will never support any religion but check your self the missionary has blinded you already they gave you indirect hatred against one another what a pitiful wicked world
Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by AntiChristian: 11:46am On May 18, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
do u read the verses i post to u or u just lack the ability of reading und understanding??

I didn't see what I asked for there. And Jesus told them " accept me as your Lord and personal savior and you'll be saved"
Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by UcheforGod(f): 11:56am On May 18, 2021
AntiChristian:
How many people did Jesus himself tell to accept him as Lord and savior?

He reportedly feed 5000 and met many others, did he ever use this sentence " accept me as your Lord and savior"?
Jesus said to him,"I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" John 14:11
Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by AdakaBoro8(m): 11:58am On May 18, 2021
AntiChristian:

I didn't see what I asked for there. And Jesus told them " accept me as your Lord and personal savior and you'll be saved"
then u must be primary1 pupil. illitrates man.
Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by AntiChristian: 12:09pm On May 18, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
then u must be primary1 pupil. illitrates man.

Mention your greatest qualification and your GP?
Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by AntiChristian: 12:11pm On May 18, 2021
UcheforGod:
Jesus said to him,"I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" John 14:11

Same thing Moses and Noah told their people too!

Follow me and you'll all be saved!

Those that refused to follow Noah in to the ark died while those who followed him were saved.
Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by AdakaBoro8(m): 12:18pm On May 18, 2021
AntiChristian:

Mention your greatest qualification and your GP?
if you still cant understand the bible verses i post to you, then you must be dundee.. give your bible to another person to help you read those verses and explain it you..
Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by AntiChristian: 12:36pm On May 18, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
if you still cant understand the bible verses i post to you, then you must be dundee.. give your bible to another person to help you read those verses and explain it you..

The question is simple. Did Jesus ever told anyone he met to accept him as Lord and savior?

Never!
Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by AdakaBoro8(m): 12:58pm On May 18, 2021
AntiChristian:

The question is simple. Did Jesus ever told anyone he met to accept him as Lord and savior?

Never!
yes.
i am the bread of life, anyone who come to me will be "saved"~john6:35.

who ever believe me and obey my teaching will never "die"~john8:51

i am the son of the father, i give people eternal life, and they will not die.
Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by truespeak: 2:08pm On May 18, 2021
xrenzy:
the missionaries came to our land with the bible in their hands taught us how to pray with our eyes close when we open our eyes we have the bible they have the land. Bro shade islam all you want I don't care I will never support any religion but check your self the missionary has blinded you already they gave you indirect hatred against one another what a pitiful wicked world

See your true grouse is with the "missionaries" and you are right to hold against them for they came not with good intentions but to steal and take from us, Thieves and Murderers that they are.

Now in other to do these successfully and without too much of a fight from their intended victims, they presented us with Goods, with the wicked knowledge that the "best way to kill a man (or steal from him) is to give him a Good thing" which is what the movie Avatar implicitly tells you!

But as Written " He taketh the wise in their craftiness" so while the so called "missionaries"had something else not good in mind, they inadvertently gave me knowledge of Life and Death, Wisdom and Understanding which I use in my Every day life to my Good well-fare, after having Tested it and Found that it Stands and it is True!

Thus I speak Surely on it and even use it against them! grin
Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by TruthHurts1(m): 3:15pm On May 18, 2021
AntiChristian:

The question is simple. Did Jesus ever told anyone he met to accept "prophet" Sex Award Winner (SAW) as a real prophet?

Never!
Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by xrenzy(m): 10:54am On May 19, 2021
truespeak:

See your true grouse is with the "missionaries" and you are right to hold against them for they came not with good intentions but to steal and take from us, Thieves and Murderers that they are.

Now in other to do these successfully and without too much of a fight from their intended victims, they presented us with Goods, with the wicked knowledge that the "best way to kill a man (or steal from him) is to give him a Good thing" which is what the movie Avatar implicitly tells you!

But as Written " He taketh the wise in their craftiness" so while the so called "missionaries"had something else not good in mind, they inadvertently gave me knowledge of Life and Death, Wisdom and Understanding which I use in my Every day life to my Good well-fare, after having Tested it and Found that it Stands and it is True!

Thus I speak Surely on it and even use it against them! grin
if that's how you see it that's fine by me but God created everyone to coexist if you don't love one another there's no way you can move forward check out your country Nigeria for instance
Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by truespeak: 9:26pm On May 19, 2021
xrenzy:
if that's how you see it that's fine by me but God created everyone to coexist if you don't love one another there's no way you can move forward check out your country Nigeria for instance

Agreed, which is why I Love God and His Laws and I thank God I am a Law-er (Lawyer) for it has given me Great Understanding of Him and Furnished me with Tenets by which I live, to wit: "The Tenets of the Law is to Live Honestly, Harm no one and Give to each his due"

This is just one of such Laws that guide my steps and path!

Exactly as written "it shall be a lamp to thy feet"

Thus I am Well Guided and Stumble Not in this Dark World!

1 Like

Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by emmaelectelect(m): 11:11pm On Oct 19, 2021
AntiChristian:
How many people did Jesus himself tell to accept him as Lord and savior?

He reportedly feed 5000 and met many others, did he ever use this sentence " accept me as your Lord and savior"?

John 9:35-41

King James Bible
Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?

He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?

And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.

And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

please Believe him also and be saved
Re: Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour by AntiChristian: 6:15pm On Oct 22, 2021
emmaelectelect:

John 9:35-41

King James Bible
Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?

He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?

And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.

And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

please Believe him also and be saved

grin

You guys sabi translate Bible verse as you wish o!

So why did Jesus recite "Our Father who hath in heaven" when he was on earth?

Anyways! I believe in Jesus as the son of man (Mary) but not of God as my God no get son nor wife nor partner in His dominion!

And the meaning of "worshipped him" as used there was paying homage.

Genesis 23:7
And Abraham stood up, and bowed himself to the people of the land, [even] to the children of Heth.

Genesis 23:12
And Abraham bowed down himself before the people of the land.

Genesis 42:6
And Joseph [was] the governor over the land, [and] he [it was] that sold to all the people of the land: and Joseph's brethren came, and bowed down themselves before him [with] their faces to the earth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis / Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism / "I Tolerated Abuse For Long" - Anita Oyakhilome Breaks silence on divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.