Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,301 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum (54713 Views)

Deborah Samuel: Family Arrives New Home In Port Harcourt Donated By OPM G.O. / Oyedepo, Oyakhilome To Minister At Church Of God Missions 50th Anniversary / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Crystalom3(m): 6:41am On May 03, 2021
Buliwyf:

I thought he talks to God and knows when the world will end? He knows that 5G is a sign of the antichrist and all that shit. But he doesn't know who donated to him are stealing from people? LMAO
funny you could say this. God is the only one who knows everything. And no matter how much you talk to or claim to him, you'd still be human and make mistakes.

That is what separate us humans from God. It is not because we are sinless, it's the things we do after sinning that matters the most

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by ekestic1976(f): 6:42am On May 03, 2021
ProfAmaben:
When I call pastors and imams criminals and fraudsters, people say all sorts of trash.

How can a so-called man of God collect cash from a questionable character?

This clearly shows that these men are solely after wealth and money not the so-called fraudulent salvation.

Christians and moslems should better hope and pray that heaven and hellfire don't exist cos they would be the biggest casualties.

Up atheism!!!
Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Miyachi: 6:43am On May 03, 2021
petra1:

It has nothing to do with Padtor Chris nah. It's business gone bad. If he gave a billion and he had control of about 200 billion as the protesters claim. That's not what crashed the business. He's a forex trader. Thats not the only forex trader that had had issues .

The problem with forex trading are commercial bans and police . They may come out for you over one license or the other . If you don't move fast they can freeze your account. most times is when bank freezes your account you can't trade again . And once people hear it there is panic . Most times it's difficult to bounce back . Even if the matter is resolved.

As long as investigations can establish that he gifted the pastor investors' money, then he should return it.

The SEC are supposed to be on top of this case - this is securities fraud and they should make a strong statement with MBA to deter others from starting. The mastermind ought to be incarcerated.

3 Likes

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by sonofElElyon: 6:43am On May 03, 2021
Reasonable demand
Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Coldie(m): 6:44am On May 03, 2021
gambia:
We warned them, Most Nigerians are too greedy and gullible, una mumu too much.
Majority of them fall for mmm, never recover finish them go invest for ultimate cycler, that one never end mba forex come...

Now see y our country is not going anywhere, if people can fall for dz politicians are leaners

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by dahnimoh(m): 6:44am On May 03, 2021
Na so?
Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by gambia(m): 6:45am On May 03, 2021
Coldie:

Majority of them fall for mmm, never recover finish them go invest for ultimate cycler, that one never end mba forex come...

Now see y our country is not going anywhere, if people can fall for dz politicians are leaners

Honestly.

4 Likes

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Nobody: 6:45am On May 03, 2021
petra1:

It has nothing to do with Padtor Chris nah. It's business gone bad. If he gave a billion and he had control of about 200 billion as the protesters claim. That's not what crashed the business. He's a forex trader. Thats not the only forex trader that had had issues .

The problem with forex trading are commercial bans and police . They may come out for you over one license or the other . If you don't move fast they can freeze your account. most times is when bank freezes your account you can't trade again . And once people hear it there is panic . Most times it's difficult to bounce back . Even if the matter is resolved.

His was ponzi. Forex was to deceive ppl

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by sonofElElyon: 6:45am On May 03, 2021
ProfAmaben:
When I call pastors and imams criminals and fraudsters, people say all sorts of trash.

How can a so-called man of God collect cash from a questionable character?

This clearly shows that these men are solely after wealth and money not the so-called fraudulent salvation.

Christians and moslems should better hope and pray that heaven and hellfire don't exist cos they would be the biggest casualties.

Up atheism!!!

Your argument is non sequitur...

Yes some donors should be screened before money is accepted from them... But how does receiving money from "questionable characters" by SOME men of God void the salvation message of Jesus Christ
Have you ever read the Bible and particularly new testament (more particularly the teachings of Jesus himself and the book of acts) THOROUGHLY to understand what Jesus and Christianity really stands for

You can choose to be an atheist but next time provide arguments that are logical when you want to disparage Christianity

Up atheism!!![/quote]
Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by laplace12(m): 6:46am On May 03, 2021
Dadurty:
This is worrisome .... Oyakhilome should do the needful , he should not allow that criminal to drag him to the mud

Oyakhilome actually made a video warning people about Ponzi during the MBA era. He warned his pastors against promoting it in his church.

I doubt if the guy actually made the donation. Even if he did, the aim was to woo more victims.

12 Likes

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Coldie(m): 6:46am On May 03, 2021
Miyachi:

As long as investigations can establish that he gifted the pastor investors' money, then he should return it.
That money is gone. You forget how some time ago here someone gifted christ embassy church their family house, when the family found out it was an issue getting that house back.

Though to me if people were with integrity they would return that money cause it's a proceed of crime

5 Likes

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by FarahAideed: 6:46am On May 03, 2021
grin cheesy
Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Kobojunkie: 6:47am On May 03, 2021
grossintel:
Does it matter? The money was donated to the church, such donations cannot even be taxed. It's like donating money to charity, it doesn't matter if you're a drug lord if you donate money to charity the government or any body cannot ask for a refund.
This isn't the government asking, is it now? It is people and since your pastor claims to be a Christian, you ought to be demanding that He deal with this in the way that God demands. undecided

However, it seems clear to me that you are not concerned at all about such things, are you? I mean since you know all too well that your church is a business entity, something you seem to know and accept all too well. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Crystalom3(m): 6:48am On May 03, 2021
NarcoPolo:

Why wont he just return the money this isn't the first time he getting involved in a mess like this
you think it's that easy?

Protest started today. It's a billion naira. To be distributed to all investors probably thousands of them.

Now how do you start 'returning' it to them? Obviously you can't send it back to platform owner since he is the scammer.

You can't ask them for account details because we know hundreds of pretenders will show up. And then how do you begin with the sharing formula.

Some invested more than others. Some have gotten almost all their capital from the platform, some have not collected a dime.

And even if you'd return it to the government, you think a billion naira is something he can just raised in a day and then move it within 24 hours? Think of all the government regulations for money laundry and international transfers.

He is in a real mess no doubt but asking him to 'just' return the money is not a 'just' process.

Hi

Do you struggle with chatting with women? Not getting reply fast enough? Learn how to chat her to your bedroom now.

Get the Bad Boy's Guide To Texting Her To Your Bedroom Now.

https://paystack.com/buy/girls-chase-you

5 Likes

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Nobody: 6:50am On May 03, 2021
Abdulquadrimuha:
grin grin grin

When they stop investing in ponzi scheme you won't heed to advise

It's unthinkable that people still fall for for Ponzi in 2021.
But I blame our useless CBN governor that continues to make himself irrelevant everyday. He has collapsed and made a mess of the interest rates on all legit avenues that people can invest their money, despite the increasingly high inflation he does not have a solution for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Miyachi: 6:52am On May 03, 2021
Coldie:

That money is gone. You forget how some time ago here someone gifted christ embassy church their family house, when the family found out it was an issue getting that house back.

Though to me if people were with integrity they would return that money cause it's a proceed of crime

The money is not gone -- not if a court were to compel him to return it. The problem is that the authorities are going to keep mum and it's a signal for other scammers to know that quick money can be made like this from gullible people.

2 Likes

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by petra1(m): 6:53am On May 03, 2021
LagosInter:

His was ponzi. Forex was to deceive ppl

Not Ponzi. They were trading . I wanted to invest once but they didn't take my money. I was told to hold on. They didn't want to collect money they can't trade. That's why they open many outlets and get more traders before they collect money or allow more investors.
Because if you collect and don't trade that will be ponzi as you said

4 Likes

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by BabbanBura(m): 6:53am On May 03, 2021
Sauter:
Previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6376639/mba-trading-capital-investment-limited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqDnaQInRqw

Victims Protest At Christ Embassy, Ask Oyakhilome To Return Investors’ Money Donated By Fraudster

I laugh and then pity people investing in forex anything in Naija - 99% na scam but dem no go hear you!
Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by blackmantis: 6:53am On May 03, 2021
daddytime:
Funny stuff.

Make una come make I show una Maxwell massive estates here for Abuja make una mount protests or begin share the properties among unasef.

The dude was busy buying up entire streets and remodelling with your monies.

Davido, Timaya, and the rest were his personal entertainers while it lasted. Na dollar rain with different types of strippers on his beck and call.

Maxwell wey build one massive hotel for Abuja wey never complete, but he already had staffs employed and paying them salary to just come to work, hang around, and watch him groove to no end.

I asked one of his staffs what he does for a living, he mentioned forex. I explained to him that it was all a ruse and a scam including how it will end. That was a month before the crash.

Maxwell had over 10 mopol guards always with him. Sometime towards the end of last year, the mopols got into an argument amongst themselves and one of them shot his colleague dead.

Too much gist joor

It hurts to see so much gullible and greedy people feed the senior colleagues greed with their contributions.

The hotel at Mabushi no wonder...... I kept asking what goes on there......It is always secured by several mopols.

7 Likes

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by SavageResponse(m): 6:54am On May 03, 2021
Miyachi:
This is actually the most ethical and empathetic thing to do - it's the right thing. But it might never happen.

I could remember in the wake of the Bernie Maddof scandal, companies who had earlier collected their investments with profit returned all such profit to a fund meant to indemnify "investors" who had lost all their money.

Trust me, assuming Oyakhilome returns the money to a committee that is set up to distribute it to aggrieved investors, members of that committee will re-loot the funds...that's how corrupt Nigerians are! grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by DivineDynamics: 6:54am On May 03, 2021
The race for fulfillments in life is incomplete without Jesus Christ.

Make Jesus your genuine pillar today.
Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by blackpanda: 6:55am On May 03, 2021
Dadurty:
This is worrisome .... Oyakhilome should do the needful , he should not allow that criminal to drag him to the mud

It's not d first time oyakhilome is collecting money from a fraudster

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Dantedasz(m): 6:56am On May 03, 2021
Just look at adults with brains screaming at the top of their voices after investing hard earned money in an infantile PONZI scheme.
I have no use for Chris Oyakhilome whom I believe is also operating a ponzi scheme with his church but he cannot be faulted here because he did not force the owner of the MBA forex to donate to his church.

These silly investors have been warned serially about investing money in these types of Ponzi schemes but they always turn deaf ears,only to later come out and open their book of lamentations when the deal goes south as it eventually always will.
From the days of Wonder bank,to MMM,to MBA forex, to CHYMALL the result is Always the same.
I can only say Happy Lamentation to you if you are dumb enough to invest your funds in any type of get rich fast schemes!

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by daddytime(m): 6:56am On May 03, 2021
blackmantis:

The hotel at Mabushi no wonder...... I kept asking what goes on there......It is always secured by several mopols.

You sabi am...lol

Na one of the places where Maxwell dey use their money play okoso be dat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by dipwolex354(m): 6:57am On May 03, 2021
I have always said it that any investment that looks attractive with ROI that is almost double in the same year is a scam.
Invest your money with an insurance company with the right plan and ROI packages and worry less. A word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by SavageResponse(m): 6:57am On May 03, 2021
By the way is there any evidence to even prove that Oyakhilome received any donations from this guy cos I remember Oyakhilome publicly distanced himself from this guy's scheme

11 Likes

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Cnach: 6:58am On May 03, 2021
PS712:
Return the money to Maxwell Odum and let Maxwell return the people's monies to them.
Most Nigerians won't learn, always falling for these quick money doubling fraud.
what about the olosho he paid are they going to return the money too?

5 Likes

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:58am On May 03, 2021
But they clapped for him when he was donating the 1 billion naira cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Miyachi: 7:00am On May 03, 2021
SavageResponse:

Trust me, assuming Oyakhilome returns the money to a committee that is set up to distribute it to aggrieved investors, members of that committee will re-loot the funds...that's how corrupt Nigerians are! grin
It's a pity. cry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet TB Joshua's Dream About 2019 General Elections / When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken / Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.