Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum (54710 Views)

Deborah Samuel: Family Arrives New Home In Port Harcourt Donated By OPM G.O. / Oyedepo, Oyakhilome To Minister At Church Of God Missions 50th Anniversary / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by donnie(m): 9:55am On May 03, 2021
This is the result of the false Christian message that forced people to live fake life.

Knowing who you are as the children of Israel will bring an end to such rubbish because you can no longer be enlsaved by whiteman or their stooges aka pastors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Miyachi: 9:59am On May 03, 2021
Crusty3:

did u read what you just wrote? "investment with profit"
how does that correlate with a donation offered to an n.g.o who most likely would have used more than 20 percent of the money.
even if na you,you go return am?

That was just an example. Many charities returned donations from Madoff, even turning down donations from his relations.

Even if they're not legally liable to return the money, do they have the moral obligation to do so? That is the question.

2 Likes

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Miyachi: 10:03am On May 03, 2021
Golan007:

Actually, past experience had taught the SEC to stay away from such matters.
These "businesses" prefer SEC intervenes and then justify their crashing by claiming SEC intervention led to it.

But this is clearly a securities fraud, they should be audited and charged to court. They don't even have a license to collect investors' money.

I guess the SEC doesn't take it's job seriously.

2 Likes

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Rex777: 10:08am On May 03, 2021
They protesters are thieves for investing in ponzi and pastor Chris is not owing them. Let them find Maxwell. The church is always a mixed multitude.

5 Likes

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Kaiser20: 10:09am On May 03, 2021
Nigerians are heavily dependent on religious theories and believes. They have already turned this post to a religious discussion.
Folks went willingly to a Forex trading company MBA to double their investment which they 're aware its 50/50 chances. Now the misplaced aggression is on pastor who received donations.

4 Likes

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Mayeldah(m): 10:20am On May 03, 2021
These same people protesting at Christ embassy will never learn. Tomorrow when another ponzi scheme opens they will want to try it out untill they get scammed.

Ask any of them for urgent 5k and they will tell you stories.

Greed and Nigerians!

2 Likes

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Ekugbeh(m): 10:27am On May 03, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:
If he refuses to pay up, you guys should go to every Christ embassy church close to you and burn the building down.

You did it during the #EndSars protests. You can as well do it now.

I hate nonsense sha.
lol. Go and burn nau

2 Likes

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Davidmorien23: 10:31am On May 03, 2021
We currently experiencing same with Iroko investment, ought to have gotten my ROI since last month till now nothing, I hope IRoko never use our money buy car for he wife look, people are suffering IROKO Investment ������
Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by TheMan3: 10:48am On May 03, 2021
ProfAmaben:
When I call pastors and imams criminals and fraudsters, people say all sorts of trash.

How can a so-called man of God collect cash from a questionable character?

This clearly shows that these men are solely after wealth and money not the so-called fraudulent salvation.

Christians and moslems should better hope and pray that hellfire doesn't exist cos they would be the biggest casualties.

Up atheism!!!
did he show up with questionable character? If he did why did millions of Nigerians invest with him?

Don't be so quick to jump to criticizing the man of God.

2 Likes

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by TheMan3: 10:49am On May 03, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:
If he refuses to pay up, you guys should go to every Christ embassy church close to you and burn the building down.

You did it during the #EndSars protests. You can as well do it now.

I hate nonsense sha.
thunder fire you there. Is it only Christ embassy he gave money to? Did you invest your money with Christ embassy? Mumu

3 Likes

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Zionmdde: 10:50am On May 03, 2021
Weathered:
you have answered your own question in your last remark.

Fraudsters use church for money laundering and scam because the church isn't an individual or legal entity in a strict sense.

Offerings and tithes can't be investigated because it's under the umbrella of religious belief, a fundamental human right.

So thieving and money-hungry pastors like your lord and master, Chris oyakilome will always exploit this loophole.

Now if this MBA Maxwell had taken that money to an individual, his account would have been frozen and he arrested. But as it is a church, it cannot happen under law.

This isn't the first time Chris embassy has received stolen money. Remember the Sharaton accountant with his 35 million Naira thief to same church?

Or course it won't make a difference, mention religion and Africans behave like sedated monkeys.
Bro my question is this, there are thousands of inflows into church accounts every single day. Some with sms which doesn't even indicate the name of the sender, so my question is how can a church sort out all inflows and ascertain d sources of those income. So they call each person and ask dem how they got their funds, how would they even get the contacts?

Apart from churches wat of clubs, motherless babies homes, destitutes, beggars, musicians, etc did u also ask dem to return theirs?

Ur assumption dat if maxwell paid some money to my account it will be frozen is false, because as at the time of deposit his business was not illegal so nobody will freeze anybody account. Maxwell's business is not illegal either, but he can be sued and jailed for default in the MOU he signes
Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by tplayer: 11:00am On May 03, 2021
MBA is ol' school. The latest scams are called grants. E.g SEM, TELPECON, OSSEA, CANDLELIGHT etc. They have and are still hitting people hard.
Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Weathered: 11:02am On May 03, 2021
Zionmdde:

Bro my question is this, there are thousands of inflows into church accounts every single day. Some with sms which doesn't even indicate the name of the sender, so my question is how can a church sort out all inflows and ascertain d sources of those income. So they call each person and ask dem how they got their funds, how would they even get the contacts?

Apart from churches wat of clubs, motherless babies homes, destitutes, beggars, musicians, etc did u also ask dem to return theirs?

Ur assumption dat if maxwell paid some money to my account it will be frozen is false, because as at the time of deposit his business was not illegal so nobody will freeze anybody account. Maxwell's business is not illegal either, but he can be sued and jailed for default in the MOU he signes
you're reshaping and changing your questions juftbto arrive at a point you want.

Oga the person when send that money na church member. God doesn't receive blood money. They know the man.

If person send account, so the church bank doesn't know the details of the person?

Just look at yourself.
Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by ProfAmaben(m): 11:33am On May 03, 2021
sophirebenitez:

Athiests are the biggest fools there are in this world.

Thanks. We don't insult people cos we have morals.
Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by maasoap(m): 11:47am On May 03, 2021
Sammyadexxx:
Did pastor Chris force him to donate any money?

Only thieves and greedy people respond like this. He didn't force him. But now that's clear to the pastor that the money belongs to other people, the honourable thing to do is to return to it to the appropriate quarters since he can afford to return it.

2 Likes

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Zionmdde: 12:04pm On May 03, 2021
Weathered:
you're reshaping and changing your questions juftbto arrive at a point you want.

Oga the person when send that money na church member. God doesn't receive blood money. They know the man.

If person send account, so the church bank doesn't know the details of the person?

Just look at yourself.
U are talking of a church where thousands of church members make donations every single day. So tell me how the church can sort out their names, details and call dem one after d other to ascertain their sources of income.

It shouldn't be peculiar to one man because he is in trouble it should be generalised to every single donor of the church.

We are quick to blame people for our woes. U dat is an investor why didn't u do a diligent assessment before investing, its now the church dat u expect to do dat for u. I invested in MBA, I lost my money but I am taking full responsibility for my investment decision.
Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by mastermaestro(m): 12:20pm On May 03, 2021
grossintel:
Firstly, Pastor Chris is not my Pastor and I don't attend his church. I haven't even been to a church in years.

Let me ask you something, if you do a business with someone and he owes you 50k and he told you about his friend who he gave 1 Million naira to start a business. Do you go looking for this is friend and ask for a refund so your friend can pay you?

This is a golden question. grin Now because it has to do with pastor and church, they are all spitting trash and fire. The fraudster spent money on many frivolities, but mischievous fellows have chosen to single out the church. I am sure he bought properties, donated to several charitable organizations, gave lavishly to all and sundry including relatives and friends. Unfortunately, nobody is dragging these beneficiaries in the mud.
Anyway, I know the church won't listen to their stupid protest, that's if the fraudster actually gave the said amount. Money that would have gone into projects and programs, you want it returned? grin
What the church owes them now is a thorough deliverance session to deal with their greed for quick money. I expect Chris to organize an online deliverance session for them immediately. They must all be exorcized of the spirit of greed. grin

3 Likes

Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Weathered: 12:38pm On May 03, 2021
Zionmdde:

U are talking of a church where thousands of church members make donations every single day. So tell me how the church can sort out their names, details and call dem one after d other to ascertain their sources of income.

It shouldn't be peculiar to one man because he is in trouble it should be generalised to every single donor of the church.

We are quick to blame people for our woes. U dat is an investor why didn't u do a diligent assessment before investing, its now the church dat u expect to do dat for u. I invested in MBA, I lost my money but I am taking full responsibility for my investment decision.
grin grin grin I no fit deal with this kind of pussifed and hominem and subterfuge.....so the victims have special abilities to know where their money went?

When a defence looks so silly it stalls internet speed.
Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by AuroraB(f): 12:46pm On May 03, 2021
Crystalom3:
Pastor Chris in the mud!

Personally, I don't think they expect pastor Chris to know the source of all donations made his his church. So he probably wouldn't have known about the scam.

But these are emotional times and these guys have been swindled so they will grasp on the closest thing to give them hope.

Mehn. Pastor Chris will be dragged like tiger gen on twitter today sha

Hey

Do you struggle with chatting with women? Not getting reply fast enough? Learn how to chat her to your bedroom now.

Get the Bad Boy's Guide To Texting Her To Your Bedroom Now.

https://paystack.com/buy/girls-chase-youh
Is he no longer a Man of God cheesy
Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by musicwriter(m): 12:52pm On May 03, 2021
Crystalom3:
Pastor Chris in the mud!

Personally, I don't think they expect pastor Chris to know the source of all donations made his his church. So he probably wouldn't have known about the scam.

But these are emotional times and these guys have been swindled so they will grasp on the closest thing to give them hope.

Mehn. Pastor Chris will be dragged like tiger gen on twitter today sha

Hey

Do you struggle with chatting with women? Not getting reply fast enough? Learn how to chat her to your bedroom now.

Get the Bad Boy's Guide To Texting Her To Your Bedroom Now.

https://paystack.com/buy/girls-chase-youh

Your link not working. Remove the last "h" from the link.

By the way, I wanted to withdraw my digital products from foreign sites and try paystack. But I just don't know whether that's a good idea.
Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by lanre88(m): 12:52pm On May 03, 2021
Join us in helping others live a good life yet you make more money.

Shun ponzi shemes and quick way to making money.

We are out to help others.
Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Invitationn: 1:32pm On May 03, 2021
Miyachi:
This is actually the most ethical and empathetic thing to do - it's the right thing. But it might never happen.

I could remember in the wake of the Bernie Maddof scandal, companies who had earlier collected their investments with profit returned all such profit to a fund meant to indemnify "investors" who had lost all their money.
It'll never happen.
Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 03, 2021
petra1:

Not Ponzi. They were trading . I wanted to invest once but they didn't take my money. I was told to hold on. They didn't want to collect money they can't trade. That's why they open many outlets and get more traders before they collect money or allow more investors.
Because if you collect and don't trade that will be ponzi as you said

I cringe at your ignorance. Here you are teaching a pundit about ponzis.

Laughable.
Re: MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum by Slimslimqq: 1:47pm On May 03, 2021
BabbanBura:

I laugh and then pity people investing in forex anything in Naija - 99% na scam but dem no go hear you!
I have replied the mail sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet TB Joshua's Dream About 2019 General Elections / When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken / Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.