Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? (2511 Views)

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / Chris Olukolade Is Monitoring What People Are Saying On Twitter About GEJ / NASRDA Need To Step Up, Identify Who Is Monitoring And Tracking Our Territory. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by pleep(m): 4:34pm On Apr 24, 2011
Nairaland is like a window into the mind of the average Nigerian. And I'm begining to wonder If various organizations like the Nigerian government, CIA or Al-Quaeda are monitoring this website do get a better idea of what Nigerians think about various issues. Like anti-Americanism, terrorism, or middle east issues.
What do u guys think?
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by Chyz2: 4:41pm On Apr 24, 2011
Of course. I had a couple of my threads deleted like a minute after it was put up in the Foreign Affairs section. One of the articles dealt this how stimulus money was being paid out to dead people and cartoon characters in the U.S. It was a big story. Maybe you are familiar with it. I kept trying to put it up a million times but after 1 minute or less, it was deleted. They obviously did not want other countries to know such thing was happening in the U.S.
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by kodewrita(m): 4:44pm On Apr 24, 2011
@Chyz dont be paranoid, there are many different bots on the site and also there are moderators who might not like your posts and decide to silent kpeff the thing.

@pleep makes sense. Not out of fear but its definitely a barometer (albeit slightly innacurate) of mostly young nigerian thinking.
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 24, 2011
What is cia ?
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by Chyz2: 4:48pm On Apr 24, 2011
kodewrita:

@Chyz dont be paranoid, there are many different bots on the site and also there are moderators who might not like your posts and decide to silent kpeff the thing.

@pleep makes sense. Not out of fear but its definitely a barometer (albeit slightly innacurate) of mostly young nigerian thinking.

It was a regular article that was on CNN, Yahoo News,etc., nothing wrong with it. The Bot never banned me, as I continued to put it up time after time. The Bot would have just banned me. Paraniod? come on, i dont think you are even a moderator,to say the least.
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by Mavor: 4:53pm On Apr 24, 2011
They should monitor my balls for all I care. grin
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by jesus3: 5:12pm On Apr 24, 2011
does any one take nairaland seriously? sometimes some backward posters makes the forum suck and dry
just like the one here

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-653519.0.html
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by maclatunji: 6:32pm On Apr 24, 2011
Beaf is here and you are asking if the Nigerian government monitors Nairaland, I laugh in Latin.
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by zstranger: 6:34pm On Apr 24, 2011
Like CIA agents do not have better things to do.
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by pleep(m): 6:38pm On Apr 24, 2011
zstranger:

Like CIA agents do not have better things to do.

Hilary Clinton addmitted that they analyzed Libyan forums and chatrooms Before the intervention to gauge the public opinion. So yea.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by Arosa(m): 6:38pm On Apr 24, 2011
Op, sure, why not?
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by pleep(m): 6:39pm On Apr 24, 2011
jesus.:

does any one take nairaland seriously? sometimes some backward posters makes the forum suck and dry
just like the one here

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-653519.0.html
wth? Why is this dog not banned? And why is this pic still up?
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by maga1: 7:33pm On Apr 24, 2011
I guess they wld rather monitor d romance section afterall the politik section has less than 5000 active posters lol
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by 190: 7:58pm On Apr 24, 2011
so that pic has gotten here already!!
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by SpikesC1: 8:29pm On Apr 24, 2011
You know they like dedicating there time to useless issues just to keep being the world leader,as they think,after all they have no important thing doing. Except of course thinking they are the world leader
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by Bishopking: 8:45pm On Apr 24, 2011
the a.s.s.h.oles ( I mean CIA and other "hidiots"wink are keeping sleepless night over what we write. They believe that their time is up and only buying more time b/4 they throw in the towel.
OP, what abt that?
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by Beaf: 8:58pm On Apr 24, 2011
maclatunji:

Beaf is here and you are asking if the Nigerian government monitors Nairaland, I laugh in Latin.

Lol!
If you honestly think I am connected with the Nigerian govt, you muster be high on either paint or gutter water.

Click the link.  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Weird! Youths in Kano inhale gutter odour to get drugged *558 suspects arrested —NDLEA
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by ektbear: 9:15pm On Apr 24, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have at least one guy reading periodically. I mean, why would they not browse it occasionally? It doesn't cost much money and sometimes gives useful information.

For the same reason, I would guess that others interested in Nigeria also browse (including naija security forces.)
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by dempeople(m): 9:42pm On Apr 24, 2011
It wouldn't be entirely surprising or even awkward that they're with us on NL. Remember, 70% of Nigerians are youth below the age of 35. A further 50% or so, are under the ages of 25 and so for them to gain an insight into the pattern of thinking and behaviour of the country's youth, NL comes to the rescue. NL is a perfect microcosm of the collective Nigerian youth.

With the way Nigeria is being featured on world news channels nowadays, you'd expect them to have utmost interest for an economy set to surpass S.A's economy by next year.

Even some of our own politicians are here.
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by xterra2(m): 9:47pm On Apr 24, 2011
Yes they are

@[b]Chyz [/b]please i need to read your article care to pm or email me -

to people:

the US Army Designed a software ( i think ) to support americanism on internet forums
you can google it and see
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 24, 2011
@ op, you dont need to be told that nairaland is or may be an ideal fora for guaging happenings, crucial decisions and knowing the mindset of nigerians & its youths be it CIA, SSS, FBI, MOSSAD, POLICE, M15 e.t.c. Unfortunately most people dont know how to use the internet/nairaland than to spin thrash, fraud and thereby divide the country more thru ethnic, political, selfish and religious interests!
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by kodewrita(m): 10:53pm On Apr 24, 2011
the bulk of intelligence work is not gadgets, satellites, spies and teenage-looking great hackers. Its mostly boring analysts and researchers slaving away at analysing newspapers, agric reports, web-forums, TV clips and such whatnot. You would be amazed at the amount of info they can glean by simply reading between the lines.
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by Sunofgod(m): 11:00pm On Apr 24, 2011
Lets find out

I am going to shoot Obama tomorrow - cheesy
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by henry101(m): 12:00am On Apr 25, 2011
Sun of god:

Lets find out

I am going to shoot Obama tomorrow - cheesy

Hey big fool, you just on the number.
Always keep it at the back of your mind henceforth.
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by White007(m): 12:06am On Apr 25, 2011
Offcourse! Not only cia, even fsb, mossad, mi5 and the rest of them are all monitoring forums all around the world. Do you also know that users of blackberrys and i-phones are being listened to?
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:10am On Apr 25, 2011
U gotta loff some posters on NL . Kai, LWKMD o
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by White007(m): 12:12am On Apr 25, 2011
Sun of god:

Lets find out

I am going to shoot Obama tomorrow -  cheesy
Hey son of God! You 've just triggerd a device from NSA
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by White007(m): 12:22am On Apr 25, 2011
Since 911, uncle sam listens and watches over almost everything. Believe it or not.
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by pleep(m): 1:37am On Apr 25, 2011
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by pleep(m): 1:38am On Apr 25, 2011
Oh damn. Can some one tell me how to delete posts?
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by Chyz2: 1:48am On Apr 25, 2011
xterra2:

Yes they are

@[b]Chyz [/b]please i need to read your article care to pm or email me -

I don't think we are allowed personal message anymore.I'll post the link, although i won't copy and paste it'll just be deleted. Hopefully this one won't be deleted:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39566021
Re: Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:20am On Apr 25, 2011
Of course.

Just because becommrich said so, I believe. I have seen the light in his maps. All things are great!

What rubbish.

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. / New Akwa Ibom SSG Sworn In! Here Are The Pictures! / PHOTO NEWS: Aregbesola Receives Award As Most Impactful Governor 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.