Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution (5849 Views)

Wike To Complete Construction Of Abandoned VP Residence Before May 29 / Security: Sanwo-Olu Gets List Of Abandoned Buildings, Set To Take Action. / Insecurity: Lagos Bans Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned, Uncompleted Buildings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by Lanrelagboi: 6:45am On May 03, 2021
SECURITY CHALLENGE: LASG PROHIBITS ILLEGAL OCCUPATION OF ABANDONED BUILDINGS, BUILDINGS UNDER CONSTRUCTION

As part of measures to curtail security challenges in the State, the Lagos State Government has prohibited the illegal occupation of abandoned buildings and others under construction in the State.

The Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Dr. Idris Salako, in a statement made available on Friday, stated that the move became necessary in view of the security challenges in the Nation and the need to curtail the spread of the ugly situation to the State.

"Lagos State Government has observed with dismay the security challenges in the Nation at large and clearly understands the danger posed by the likely spread of this ugly situation to our dear State", he said.

Salako noted that some hoodlums and social miscreants have continued to convert abandoned buildings and construction sites to their haven as well as launching pad to perpetrate mischief and pose serious danger to the sanity and sanctity of the State.

The Commissioner averred that his Ministry has resolved to wield the powers vested in it by Section 73 of the Lagos State Urban and Regional Planning and Development Law 2019 as amended, in order to ensure that all parts of the State remain safe, secure, sanitised and sustainable.

In his words: "For the peace and tranquility of the State, members of the public are enjoined to abide by stipulated conditions, including the obligation of Owners/Developers of any uncompleted or existing building to ensure that the property is in proper environmental, safe and sanitation conditions and that no construction worker must remain within the premises of buildings undergoing construction beyond 6.00 pm daily".

While emphasising that no abandoned building must be used for criminal activities, the Commissioner warned that Property Owners and Developers must heed the stated conditions, otherwise defaulting buildings shall be sealed off and further actions taken where necessary.

"Owners/Developers, who fail to comply with the above conditions within 30 days, would have their buildings sealed and further actions will be taken where necessary", Salako asserted.

He assured that Government was committed to ensuring livability, the safety of lives and property as well as security of all residents in Lagos State.

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1388804235802841091?s=19

Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by design104: 7:54am On May 03, 2021
Lai say people go hear.
Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:54am On May 03, 2021
Salako noted that some hoodlums and social miscreants have continued to convert abandoned buildings and construction sites to their haven as well as launching pad to perpetrate mischief and pose serious danger to the sanity and sanctity of the State.
SECONDED .
Every security measure should be taken with all that is going on all over our land.
Peace shall reign in our land.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:55am On May 03, 2021
design104:
Lai say people go hear.
If dem no hear, Then anything wey dem eyes see, make dem take am laidat.
Some koboko dey cure some craze u know?!

Kobokos like the below, na him go set dem brains.....
Fiaam fiaam.... grin cheesy wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by iammo(m): 7:56am On May 03, 2021
i hope this would reduce miscreants around ikoyi and other highland highbrow environs that is gradually turning to an eyesore
Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by eminex(m): 7:57am On May 03, 2021
Ok
Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by Lemmy123(m): 7:57am On May 03, 2021
Good riddance.... The country is on the brink of snapping into two with the security issues here and there... I think it is a good move by the Lagos state government.. I usually notice that incomplete buildings are cultists and kidnappers den... I've seen with my eyes... God help us

3 Likes

Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by tiswell(m): 7:58am On May 03, 2021
good
Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by NwaNimo1(m): 7:59am On May 03, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by shiki(m): 8:00am On May 03, 2021
angry Sorry to say but ...this can't work for Lagos

2 Likes

Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by helinues: 8:00am On May 03, 2021
Majority of those abandoned buildings are from proceed of corrupt money which are no longer flowing like before...

LASG should acquired some of it for other use

2 Likes

Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by flexd99(m): 8:00am On May 03, 2021
Long overdue

BTW,
We're still your best vendor for durable and cheap UK used laptops with warranty
Contact us today
Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by BruncleZuma: 8:00am On May 03, 2021
Rich people winning everyday; dem don tire to dey waste money for olopa nah HOA dem dey pay now.

1 Like

Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by ArewaNightmare: 8:02am On May 03, 2021
grin what more can I say when an average AFONJA youth will sell his inheritance and use the proceeds for OWAMBE and when the money finish he'll move to an uncompleted building and Register for Agbero

4 Likes

Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by blazepascal(m): 8:06am On May 03, 2021
grin if 5k is not small for you

give me 353 reasons why you need this money
Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by oloyedewaris(m): 8:07am On May 03, 2021
Lagos always on the good side of news
Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by Johnrake69: 8:11am On May 03, 2021
Elites and insane polices. Na the one when affect them them go legislate on.

Tupac's words has never been truer "Instead of war on poverty they got war on drugs so the police can bother me"

What happened with the legislation on forceful occupancy of vacant estate all over Ikoyi and Lekki by homeless people?

2 Likes

Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by Naughtysex: 8:16am On May 03, 2021
So you guys are just noticing that uncompleted building has been taken over by miscreants?
Then what have you been doing as government?

3 Likes

Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by AmazingELixir: 8:27am On May 03, 2021
lipsrsealed

Diswan is still playing politics trying very hard to sound politically correct, Lagos security challenges are peculiar he should stop generalizing by hiding under the state of the nation.

Lagos major roads have now become hotbed for armed criminals who way lay motorists and road users... in the day it is the Owo da tigers traumatizing commercial transporters with all sorts of levies and fees at night their more vicious counterparts holds sway on the roads dispossessing people of their belongings ...petty thieves, gang bangers, cultism , substance abusers, open defecation, street urchins and beggars, street trading and commercial motor cyclists on major roads...these are issues he should address head on.
Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by Newton85: 8:28am On May 03, 2021
ArewaNightmare:
grin what more can I say when an average AFONJA youth will sell his inheritance and use the proceeds for OWAMBE and when the money finish he'll move to an uncompleted building and Register for Agbero
Seems this dimwitted IPOB cretin is scared and pained. Don't worry, were not sending you Eboe refugees to Anambla this time, we just want to secure as State to the best of our capabilities. If you're don't like it, you can take your gala hawking, 2-by-2, fake drugs selling business back to your landlocked hellhole.
Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by Johnrake69: 8:29am On May 03, 2021
Lemmy123:
Good riddance.... The country is on the brink of snapping into two with the security issues here and there... I think it is a good move by the Lagos state government.. I usually notice that incomplete buildings are cultists and kidnappers den... I've seen with my eyes... God help us

War on poverty is the only thing that can reduce insecurity. Boko haram is going around paying families in the north and you think you can end it by tightening security measures?
Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by Seniorwriter(m): 8:33am On May 03, 2021
Nice
Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by Lemmy123(m): 8:34am On May 03, 2021
Johnrake69:

War on poverty is the only thing that can reduce insecurity. Boko haram is going around paying families in the north and you think you can end it by tightening security measures?
Well, that's true.. Poverty is a weapon that these politicians use to achieve their evil aims.. While war on poverty may be important, rehabilitation of the miscreants on the streets too is another thing... I know someone who's really poor but they don't go around with arms threatening the peace of the nation.. It starts with the mind
Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by Nobody: 8:39am On May 03, 2021
helinues:
Majority of those abandoned buildings are from proceed of corrupt money which are no longer flowing like before...

LASG should acquired some of it for other use

Too many long abandoned buildings in Lagos literally rotting away.

Still,Lagos can't "acquire" anyone's property because they will lose in Court expensively. They should approach the legitimate owners and make them acceptable offers.

1 Like

Re: LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution by jericco1(m): 8:40am On May 03, 2021
All these ones na story. Buildings wey area boys dey rent out grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Trashes Tinubu At Sarkin Doya Polling Unit In Gombe State / I’ll Not Be Satisfied Until Insecurity Ends In Nigeria – Tinubu / Who Is The Real FIRST LADY Of Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.