Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,026 members, 7,835,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Samuel Ortom: When A Governor Has To Flee! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Samuel Ortom: When A Governor Has To Flee! (211 Views)

Ortom: When I Am On Top Of My Wife & Remember The IDPs, I Go Flat (Video) / No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde / Ex Lagos Governor Has 3 Jets - Bode George Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Samuel Ortom: When A Governor Has To Flee! by happysharing: 1:29pm On May 05, 2021
On Saturday, March 20, 2021, Samuel Ioraer Ortom, politician, farmer, former Minister of State for Trade and Investment, and now Governor of Benue escaped death by whiskers when assailants suspected to be herders waylaid him on his way back from his farm. According to Ortom, about 15 herders who were dressed in black outfits ambushed him and his security personnel.

According to the Governor, “I appreciate the security men attached to me. They were able to repel them, and the gunmen could not have access to me. And I thank God for my fitness, to have run for more than one and a half kilometres without stopping. It means that God has given me strength, and I am grateful to God.”

Ortom, who has been a vocal critic of open grazing of cattle, reportedly impounded over 200 cows for violating the anti-grazing law the State passed in 2018. The attack on the Governor has been widely condemned by President Muhammadu Buhari, the Nigerian Governors Forum, Northern Governors Forum, the Peoples Democratic Party, and as well as many other groups. The former Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, also promptly ordered an investigation into the attack.

“Our resolution to guarantee the safety of lives and property within the State shall remain utmost, as security agencies have been directed to enforce the ban. In its usual magnanimity, our administration will give a grace period of seven days for those who wish to carry on with their cattle-rearing business, to register with appropriate authorities”.

Enjoy reading: https://www.nigeriaopendebate.com/samuel-ortom-when-a-governor-has-to-flee/

(1) (Reply)

The Challenge Of Leadership In Nigeria A Speech Delivered By Prof. Steve Azaiki / Buhari’s Son-in-law, Others Wanted For Fraud – ICPC / FG Receives €4.2m Former Delta State Governo, James Ibori, Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.