Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) (6794 Views)

The Difference Between Zakaah On Wealth And Zakaatul L-fitri (photo) / Eid-l-fitri 2019: Crescent Has Been Sighted, Sultan To Make Announcement Shortly / Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by Lukgaf(m): 9:12pm On May 06, 2021
Praise be to Allaah.

Zakaah (Zakaah on wealth) is one of the five pillars of Islam. It is different from the zakaah that must be paid at the end of Ramadaan (zakaat al-fitr also known as Sadaqatul-fitr).

Towards the end of Ramadan, you are to pay Zakaatul Fitri, do you know this? don't forget, you can only do that before Eid.

May Allah accept it from me and you and make it easy for us(Ameen).

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by tolufase: 9:14pm On May 06, 2021
Jazakhumllahu Akhira

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by Hedone(f): 12:12am On May 08, 2021
I like how Muslims have rulings on literally everything

Nothing is left for individual interpretations grin

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by JikanBaura(m): 12:24am On May 08, 2021
Jazakallahu Khayran

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by chakula: 12:48am On May 08, 2021
Good! Your write-up is quite clarifying. Thanks for it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by GunnarSch7: 1:00am On May 08, 2021
Hmmmmm
Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by ringi82(m): 2:40am On May 08, 2021
What is the criteria for payment of zakat'il fitr. What should be my level of income.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by mob(m): 2:41am On May 08, 2021
Masha Allah.. quite educative and detailed.
Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by PrinzEleju: 2:42am On May 08, 2021
Jazakallahu Khairan jazah@OP.
Please, can one give zakatul-fitr with Semi and wheat flour?
2, since my wife and kid live under me, can they cook whatever given to them as zakkat for all of us to eat, including me?

3 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by Olaideolayemi(m): 3:16am On May 08, 2021
ringi82:
What is the criteria for payment of zakat'il fitr. What should be my level of income.
No any level of income,In as much,you can feed yourself and your families..

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by Olaideolayemi(m): 3:21am On May 08, 2021
PrinzEleju:
Jazakallahu Khairan jazah@OP.
Please, can one give zakatul-fitr with Semi and wheat flour?
2, since my wife and kid live under me, can they cook whatever given to them as zakkat for all of us to eat, including me?
There's a measure for it,the least measurements is 3kg..if you and your families, say 7peoples.. Therfore,your zakatul-fitr with semi and wheat flour will be 21kg to be given to poor in your locality..Yes.. that's what it's meant for..To reduces hunger, starvation,in the society..

5 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by oloyedewaris(m): 3:25am On May 08, 2021
Olaideolayemi:
No any level of income,In as much,you can feed yourself and your families..
Assalam alaykum brother, please what about me that's a student that depends on my parent for food and other things, is it compulsory for me to also give zakat al fitr??

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by Mdaz(m): 4:05am On May 08, 2021
Jazakhallahu Khaira

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 4:16am On May 08, 2021
Masha'Allah! Nice and interesting topic.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by gawu1: 4:25am On May 08, 2021
oloyedewaris:

Assalam alaykum brother, please what about me that's a student that depends on my parent for food and other things, is it compulsory for me to also give zakat al fitr??
Yes, and since you are still a dependent the person you depend on ie your parent is supposed to pay or give out on your behalf.
If your parents depend on you for their living, for instead, it's incumbent on you to pay for them.
Thus parents can pay for their children, vise versa a child can pay for his parents.

7 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by Yommychrz(m): 4:25am On May 08, 2021
Jazakallahu khairan op

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by Herbephe1(m): 4:30am On May 08, 2021
I think money can be used, because there are some countries, like Kuwait, where you hardly find a poor to give zakat, l think the country create an account where zakat (money) would be donated and the money will be given to the poor countries as zakat.
So Money cannot be ruled out, it's an opinion thou

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by shamsin6300(m): 4:58am On May 08, 2021
Hedone:
I like how Muslims have rulings on literally everything

Nothing is left for individual interpretations grin

I am glad u understand that.
Anyway why is your quote carrying Sha'adah and you indicated that you are not a Muslim?
Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by Emir01: 4:58am On May 08, 2021
gawu1:

Yes, and since you are still a dependent the person you depend on ie your parent is supposed to pay or give out on your behalf.
If your parents depend on you for their living, for instead, it's incumbent on you to pay for them.
Thus parents can pay for their children, vise versa a child can pay for his parents.

Even if you're living with your parents and you can afford it, it becomes mandatory for you to give .

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by money121(m): 5:04am On May 08, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by egbaguy2: 5:10am On May 08, 2021
Salam alaykum bros and sis....please what is the equivalent per person using derica tin..... I mean how many derica say of rice per person.

3 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by Engineer036: 5:31am On May 08, 2021
Thanks for the article.May Allah reward you abundantly.

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by mu2sa2: 5:38am On May 08, 2021
egbaguy2:
Salam alaykum bros and sis....please what is the equivalent per person using derica tin..... I mean how many derica say of rice per person.
Some ulamas in Nigeria say four(4) evaporated milk (e.g peak) tin-full of grains constitute one mudd. A person is required to give four(4) mudd as zakat al-fitr, which is equivalent to sixteen tins.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by Qoko: 5:47am On May 08, 2021
egbaguy2:
Pls note that this is 1,200, 1500 & 750 respectively, “The cost of 3 Dericas” you’re expected to choose one of the items, May Almighty accept it as Ibhaada.

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by Sterope(f): 6:13am On May 08, 2021
10 dericas of rice should be more than 3kg.

At most it is 3 dericas = 1kg N1200
I person = 3kg
1200*3 =3600

That is N3600 for one person

Qoko:

Pls note that this is 1,200, 1500 & 750 respectively, “The cost of 3 Dericas” you’re expected to choose one of the items, May Almighty accept it as Ibhaada.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by Sterope(f): 6:20am On May 08, 2021
People should avoid using garri. Country is hard and all that but people use way too much garri.

Rice, beans, elubo, lafun, yam, sweet potatoes, eggs, soya beans (if you live in a Community where people can make cheese and milk), etc

This is the best time to consider immediate family members and neighbors.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by geesilver(m): 6:25am On May 08, 2021
Mashallah..... I wish I could do for my myself and family but it's unfortunate I don't think I can this year....

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by Whiteways: 6:30am On May 08, 2021
ALHAMDULILAHI ROBILHALAMIN.
Thanks for this beautiful information. May Allah increase you in knowledge. Amin.

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Zakaatul L-fitri And Zakaah On Wealth (photo) by maasoap(m): 7:03am On May 08, 2021
Sterope:
10 dericas of rice should be more than 3kg.

At most it is 3 dericas = 1kg N1200
I person = 3kg
1200*3 =3600

That is N3600 for one person

I don't think this analysis and final amount is correct, it's way more than the cost and quantity if one is using rice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? / A Question For Islam Haters!? / Lets Talk About Female Prophets In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.