Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. (20192 Views)

My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner / Why We Mix Hypo, Detergents And Potash With Cassava -fufu Producers | / My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by bluice25: 10:00am On Mar 29, 2022
Dscientist:
Please can anybody give me a lead on where to get Tractor in Odeda Lga Ogun state.
Please Did you get
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by anoda(m): 11:26am On Mar 29, 2022
When and how do you use contact or systemic herbicide.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Cedagrochemical(f): 2:46am On Mar 30, 2022
Omonaijani:
where is your address in Abeokuta please?

Shop 13 Funmi shopping complex beside Fatgbems petrol station Ita Oshin roundabout Abeokuta Ogun state
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:57am On Mar 31, 2022
bigdot1759:

Do u manage farmland
no sir.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:58am On Mar 31, 2022
anoda:
When and how do you use contact or systemic herbicide.
check the thread from page1.. it been detail already.

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by bluice25: 6:21pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ameboperoo:
Some questions though. Why do you have to add glyphosate to 2,4d for your second spray? I think glyphosate is already a total systemic herbicide on its own.
2. It seems you planted your maize 1 per stand? Don't you think you will get a better yield if you plant 2 per stand?
3. You stated that you waited for 2 weeks or so before you planted your maize. I would rather plant immediately after ridging and spray a pre-emergence herbicide like altrazine before the soil begin to cake (though it may not be an issue where your soil is forest or virgin soil).
What do you think? I'm ready to learn more under you sir.
Quick one please
How many kg of atrazine can be used on 5 acres and there dosage
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by northbird: 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2022
@ Farmerakinloye6.
Good job. Please do let us know the yield when harvesting your cassava.

Some questions.

1. How much can you call a fair price to manually weed 1 acre of cassava farm. (I know location matters, but at least a baseline price)
I can't properly spray using chemicals, and I don't trust farm labour before they kill the cassava.

2. How many times in a cropping season for cassava is one expected to weed.?

3. Fertilizer application? What specific fertilizer does cassava need to further boost yield.?

Thank you.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:55pm On Apr 07, 2022
northbird:
@ Farmerakinloye6.
Good job. Please do let us know the yield when harvesting your cassava.

Some questions.

1. How much can you call a fair price to manually weed 1 acre of cassava farm. (I know location matters, but at least a baseline price)
I can't properly spray using chemicals, and I don't trust farm labour before they kill the cassava.

2. How many times in a cropping season for cassava is one expected to weed.?

3. Fertilizer application? What specific fertilizer does cassava need to further boost yield.?

Thank you.
1. 7-10k depend on the density. 2. Three time from planting to harvesting 3. Don't apply fertilizer to cassava it doesn't worth it cheesy A bag of npk 15:15:15 is now 30k in my area at the moment . Just make sure it is weed Free!

2 Likes

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by northbird: 8:42pm On Apr 07, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
1. 7-10k depend on the density. 2. Three time from planting to harvesting 3. Don't apply fertilizer to cassava it doesn't worth it cheesy A bag of npk is now 30k in my area . Just make sure it is weed Free!
@ Farmerakinloye6
Thank you for the input. Na to cancel fertilizer for cassava be that.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by northbird: 11:59am On Apr 11, 2022
@ Farmerakinloye6. Well done.

How many bundles of cassava is needed for 1 acre? . I don't want it to remain because it can't be stored.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Liadi2(m): 3:54pm On Apr 11, 2022
northbird:
@ Farmerakinloye6. Well done.

How many bundles of cassava is needed for 1 acre? . I don't want it to remain because it can't be stored.
28 bundles approximate it to 30

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:37pm On Apr 11, 2022
Liadi2:

that is correct sir! You say my mind. Provided it bundle 40 stick by 1 meter.

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by northbird: 7:41pm On Apr 11, 2022
Liadi2:

Great. Thanks
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by raregem2021: 2:04pm On Apr 12, 2022
Cedagrochemical:

Shop 13 Funmi shopping complex beside Fatgbems petrol station Ita Oshin roundabout Abeokuta Ogun state
Good afternoon ma, do you have Divaf1 or platinum F1 tomato in your Abeokuta's office?
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Olayinkasahyd19: 7:43am On Apr 13, 2022
Please how many acres will I get 1ton of corn from?
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by TOPSSYMOSES: 7:58am On Apr 13, 2022
Good morning great farmers, please who has white lion cassava stems close to Ondo town?
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:20pm On Apr 13, 2022
Olayinkasahyd19:
Please how many acres will I get 1ton of corn from?
depend on density, management and nutrient, it maybe 1, 1.5 or 2 acres.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by linconab(m): 2:33pm On Apr 14, 2022
What's the best time to plant maize for maximum profit?
And also what's the estimated cost for 1 hectare of land?
Thanks very much
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:56pm On Apr 15, 2022
linconab:
What's the best time to plant maize for maximum profit?
And also what's the estimated cost for 1 hectare of land?
Thanks very much
if you are planting to sell fresh plant between may15-30th, but if it dry plant July- early August.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by betabread: 10:13am On Apr 30, 2022
Anybody who knows corn should please help me on this

I need a white variety with very big kernel size and big cob size, im not after yield in tonnes but yield in volume

Additional xteristics should be good husk cover to mitigate bird damage

Finally it must be cheap
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by bluice25: 1:24am On May 01, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
if you are planting to sell fresh plant between may15-30th, but if it dry plant July- early August.
How much does it cost to make heaps and plant manually per acre
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 2:35pm On May 05, 2022
bluice25:

How much does it cost to make heaps and plant manually per acre
heap for cassava should be highest 200 for #1500, planting on an acre highest should be 5k.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by bassey25(m): 6:26pm On May 05, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
heap for cassava should be highest 200 for #1500, planting on an acre highest should be 5k.

Boss.i think you may have to review this. Do you mean 5k heaps on an acre or 5,0000(5k) as the cost of the heap making on an acre?
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by northbird: 7:52pm On May 05, 2022
bassey25:

Boss.i think you may have to review this. Do you mean 5k heaps on an acre or 5,0000(5k) as the cost of the heap making on an acre?

He means highest pay rate of 1500 naira for every 200 heaps made.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by bassey25(m): 7:05am On May 06, 2022
northbird:

Ok, thanks boss. For the clarification
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by bluice25: 12:32pm On May 06, 2022
northbird:

Ah they collected 20k per acres from me
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Soknown: 2:39pm On May 06, 2022
Well done @OP for a well documented, evidence based farming. I enjoyed the thread and also picked up some farming tips.
Do you have same plan for this year?
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 4:15pm On May 06, 2022
bluice25:

Ah they collected 20k per acres from me
20k for what shocked?

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 4:17pm On May 06, 2022
Soknown:
Well done @OP for a well documented, evidence based farming. I enjoyed the thread and also picked up some farming tips.
Do you have same plan for this year?
I still don't know if I will plant maize this year, but I wish to. If I will be planting, then I will do ploughing and ridging this time.

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by grandpoh(m): 11:25pm On May 06, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
20k for what shocked?

He was obviously exploited.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by DPathfinder(m): 6:42am On May 08, 2022
@ Op thanks for your detailed explanation. I want to ask how much do you lease a hectare of land over there?
If the land is always available? And the distance of your location to Akure town. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by bluice25: 8:19am On May 08, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
20k for what shocked?
For heaping

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

List Of Profitable Foodstuff To Buy In The North And Sell In South. / 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming / Where Can I Sell My Smoked Catfish In Bulk. Any Market For It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.