Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,709 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. (1235 Views)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by HUSTLER001: 10:20pm On May 07, 2021
This story remains the sole property of the author.No part of this book should be plagarized either for profitable or non profitable reasons.The law shall be used against such propertriators.
The story is purely fictional.Therefore any character,name or city mentioned is a co-incidence.
>>I sat idlely in the corner of a partly lit room. I chose that corner because the light in the room casted its shadow towards that part. Apart from the waitress who approached me to enquire if I needed a drink I perceived no other person noticed my presence. My eyes kept searching the room and once in a while I just put up a smirk. A mischievous one. Not that I'm mischievous though but because of my stupidity, I find myself sitting in a low bar and watching some group of illiterates exchange banters about who consumes the more amount of cheap beer that laid on their table. Apart from the car parked outside,a Toyota corolla 2021 model and 1.5million in my account,nothing that ever belonged to Chief Igwilo would ever reach me.So was my dads exact words before asking me to live his house for good before going to the media house to publish a cavaet emptor notifying the world that he'd disowned me. No one would have believed a billionaire son who be sitting in a corner of a local bar probably thinking about his wrecked life. Just as I gazed over the room,to avoid thinking too much,a young man who I guessed would be in his mid twenties, the same age as me,walked in. He walked past other seats before picking a seat opposite me and then beckoned on the waitress to serve him a drink. Soon,the waitress returned with a bottle of Gulder and he wasted no time in doing justice to it. The evil in me asked me to chuckle a bit and I obeyed. He noticed it and putting up an embarrassed smile, he waved at me and asked I pardon him if the way he rushed his drink irritated me. "Ha,haba,abeg enjoy yourself, life no dey two",I teased him in pidgin.He gave out a loud laugh before asking the waitress to serve the both of us a bottle of drink each. An offer I didn't reject bearing in mind that I would reciprocate such gesture.
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by HUSTLER001: 10:20pm On May 07, 2021
More updates soon
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by HUSTLER001: 10:21pm On May 07, 2021
Indicate please if following.
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by ashatoda: 6:59am On May 08, 2021
Continue someone is reading and following
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by nimat158(f): 11:52am On May 08, 2021
Following
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by KelvinCoaster(m): 11:59am On May 09, 2021
HUSTLER001:
Indicate please if following.
This is looking interesting.
Try and update oo!
Also,do invite others to come and read your wonderful story!

I don't understand what is happening to 'our beloved literature section'.
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by HUSTLER001: 6:26pm On May 09, 2021
KelvinCoaster:

This is looking interesting.
Try and update oo!
Also,do invite others to come and read your wonderful story!

I don't understand what is happening to 'our beloved literature section'.
okay,that's the spirit.please help me invite others
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by HUSTLER001: 6:30pm On May 09, 2021
ashatoda:
Continue someone is reading and following
oya now let's go there.I'm about to drop
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by HUSTLER001: 6:31pm On May 09, 2021
nimat158:
Following
okay.please invite others
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by HUSTLER001: 6:48pm On May 09, 2021
Ebuka happened to be a very nice person the few minutes I'd been with him.This time,he'd joined my table. It wasn't because he bought me drinks that made me perceive him as a nice person but because of how emotional he was when I related a bit of my story to him. At least,how i found myself in this God forsaken place."I'm sorry brother",he spoke lightly.His face showed he meant it. Because I was becoming aware of his thick Igbo accent,I perceived he didn't grow up in Lagos neither had he lived in it for long. "So,where are you from",I asked. I was a bit skeptical to ask and thought it offensive but Ebuka seemed to always read my mind and yet had a way to make me feel secured."I'm from Nnewi in anambra state",he spoke gently. He paused and gazed at me. "But why did you ask?" He askedbwithout feeling suspicious."Nothing",I replied,conceiving the truth. "Okay",he replied,leaving a sheepy smile behind. Immediately, I turned to the waitress, yetunde to serve us drink. She walked towards us with a tray in her hand and this time she smiled. I wasn't sure who she made that gesture to but I thought it wise to complement her smile and she blushed. "Wow,I coming back to life",I said to myself.
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by HUSTLER001: 7:22pm On May 09, 2021
Yetunde wasn't my spek,I mean I dated classic girls in the past.I had those Lekki girls at my finger tips.They always tripped for me even before realizing I was a billionaire's son.Something I never told them about but somehow,they just had a way of digging things up themselves. Soon,I grew tired of the relationship and I end up breaking their hearts. I ended the relationships for the same reason,"They aren't intelligent enough for my kind of person",I'd say to myself and it was true. I took a quick gaze at Yetunde and even though from her looks it seemed she must have been through a lot,she still had some part of her beauty intact. She quickly turned round and headed to serve another customer before Ebuka decided to bring out the naughtiness in him by hailing me for breaking the jinx. According to him,Yetunde had never given so much attention to any customer the way she just gave me. I perceived in my mind that he meant the way she smiled at me."Oga,you be magician oh",he teased ."No customer don ever make her head spark like this oh",he continued. I gave out a loud laugh. I was beginning to get along with Ebuka.I mean,why wouldn't I? He is one of the easiest persons to ever get along with. "So what do you do?",I asked him. I was becoming confident to ask him personal questions this time. He offered a frown and bent his head downwards. He took a deep sigh and exhaled carbon dioxide. "I used to serve one uncle of mine",he stuttered and pursed a bit. "I was set up",he continued and then waited for my next question.
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by HUSTLER001: 9:53am On May 12, 2021
Who's following?please indicate before I continue.Thanks
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by ashatoda: 10:48am On May 12, 2021
Continue o. We are here
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by bigbauer(m): 11:27am On May 12, 2021
HUSTLER001:
Who's following?please indicate before I continue.Thanks

continue, kwantinu, continuously continue the continuation.
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by HUSTLER001: 11:55am On May 12, 2021
Ebuka had been set up by his colleagues, one of them being his cousin.That particular day,Chief Azubuike,had entrusted about 8million to him.He'd been asked to take the money to the bank in not later than an hour time.Chief never trusted Emeka his cousin neither did he trust the other, Jude. Even though Ebukabdidn't understand why his master trusted him more than the others,yet he didn't understand why the two took the action they did.
Just as he usually does, Ebuka had called his taxi driver to come pick him up at the shop and the driver wasted no time in turning up.Like ranbow, he quickly threw the money which was sheltered in a Louis Vuitton tagged leather bag,large enough to hold such amount of money into the passenger's seat before dashing in. While at the back seat,Ebuka being a very intelligent guy noticed something about the driver's mode of driving that day.It was rather strange because aside from him beating the traffic lights at will,he drove at an unusually high speed. "Hope say you dey okay?",Ebuka teased. He got no reply. The driver focused more on his side mirrors and paid no attention to him. Soon the image of a red painted jeep appeared at the left hand mirror and the driver quickly made a gesture to the occupant before hitting the brake.
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by HUSTLER001: 12:36pm On May 12, 2021
Before Ebuka could get an answer to why the driver had stopped so suddenly,he'd received a blow.In a jiffy,the passenger door of the taxi swinged open and a silver pistol was placed on his forehead while semi conscious. "Stand up!",the gun bearer commanded.His voice had a strong baritone and it shook Ebuka.Quickly, he alighted from the car and lied straight on the floor bending his head to the ground before whispering to Jesus to come save him. Another man approached the taxi and this time headed for the money.He unzipped the bag and nodded to the other confirming its content. The man and the taxi driver shook hands and immediately, the taxi sped off. "Say your last prayer my friend",the baritoned voice ordered. "And pray God accepts your soul",he spoke again before clogging his gun.
-Some pellets from the bullets and a characteristic smell proofed a shot had just been fired. Ebuka looked all over his body to be sure no part of it had been bored with bullet.Even though a part of him suggested how foolish of him to think of such since he felt no pain nor was there blood on him,the other part of him tried to acknowledge that it was normal for him to think incoherently at that point in time knowing he just survived a robbery attack. He looked behind and couldn't find the taxi neither did he find the jeep. He searched the floor for any clue maybe perhaps the robbers may have left off an exhibit of some sort but the only ones where the pellets and the hole on the tarred road.The hole was just beside where he laid. Two ideas came to Ebuka's mind. It was either the gun man had misfired or it was intentional.The later convinced him because he could remember the the gun man telling him to scream as soon as the shot is fired. Ebuka did scream but he screamed just before the shot was fired and then fell unconscious again.
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by HUSTLER001: 2:04pm On May 12, 2021
-Ebuka's hand shook uncontrollably as he pressed the digits of his cell phone.Luckily for him,his phone wasn't taken.The robbers worked with time.The operation was fast and direct."He-hello!",Ebuka stuttered. The recipient of the call remained silent. "Sir?",Ebuka probed. He wanted to be sure the receiver was hearing him. "Go on,go on",Chief replied. "Chi-chief,I've just been attacked by robbers",Ebuka's voice trembled. "Whaaat?",Chief exclaimed. "We were on..." "Shut up& come back to the shop this minute",Chief intercepted."Okay",Ebuka replied not being sure if he was going to turn up. Chief Azubuike can be a very nice man but when it came to the affairs of money,he usually developed thick skin especially when the odds didn't favour him. This time,the odds didn't favour him and the score needed to be settled. --
"Listen to me",the caller ordered. Ebuka remained silent.He couldn't recognize the number that called since it wasn't stored in his phone contacts but he recognized the voice. The baritone voice."Do you know why I didn't blow off your brains?",the caller asked. "No-no",Ebuka replied. "I wanted to pay you back",the voice said leaving Ebuka speechless.
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by crossfm: 8:11am On May 13, 2021
Just came across your work this morning.

You have an interesting story,but your updates are very short.

I saw where you indicated that your followers should indicate. Thats nice,but the problem why people don't waste their time commenting and following stories in this section is mostly do to abandoned stories.it's really sad seeing a story you follow just been abandoned without no explanation.

Another thing you need to understand is that if you are good people have no choice but to follow your story.

Once again,your story so far is captivating.
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by HUSTLER001: 9:31am On May 13, 2021
crossfm:
Just came across your work this morning.

You have an interesting story,but your updates are very short.

I saw where you indicated that your followers should indicate. Thats nice,but the problem why people don't waste their time commenting and following stories in this section is mostly do to abandoned stories.it's really sad seeing a story you follow just been abandoned without no explanation.

Another thing you need to understand is that if you are good people have no choice but to follow your story.

Once again,your story so far is captivating.

okay.would do more updates soon.
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by crossfm: 10:06am On May 13, 2021
HUSTLER001:
okay.would do more updates soon.

Looking forward to more updates.

Thanks.
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by HUSTLER001: 11:05am On May 13, 2021
Cont'd: "meet me at Greg rd by 3pm",the voice ordered."ok-okay",Ebuka stammered. -Ebuka had been bought up by a military father.One of the things he learnt from his father was being vigilant at all times.Even though the baritone man gave him a particular location to wait for him,instead he stood somewhere adjacent to the place.A part of him told him the baritoned man could be a nice person but yet he had to be careful not to fall prey twice. At ten minutes past three,a tall,slightly built figure wearing a dark shade, appeared at the exact place. Ebuka watched keenly as the man brought out his cell phone and was about to make a call. Ebuka's phone rang immediately. His heartbeat raised fast and his leg became jittery. He quickly turned around to find an escape route.He'd observed earlier he could use a street at the other side and navigate his way to the express road and of course,the plan could have worked out well if not that someone held him back,grabbing him by his arm and shoved him before grabbing in by his waist. "Where do you think you are going to?",the man asked. Ebuka panicked.He raised his head up to take a clearer view of the man even though he was still buried under the mans weight. "Chi boy?",Ebuka screamed. "Yes,na me",Chi boy replied in pidgin. Ebuka's eye widened. He began to put the puzzles in his head together but he couldn't. Chiboy wore a smirk on his face. "Don't panic my dear. I'll be good to you",Chiboy said.
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by Tonyspecial(m): 4:29pm On May 13, 2021
Nice one
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by crossfm: 11:29am On May 14, 2021
Thanks for the update, but short as usual.
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by HUSTLER001: 7:25am On May 15, 2021
Chiboy held Ebuka's hand as if he was his younger brother and lead him as they crossed the major road to the other side. Of course, Chiboy was quite older than him even though his nick name says otherwise. They penetrated one of the streets opposite the road and then branched into a restaurant. As they settled down,Chiboy aware of how tired and fent Ebuka looked,ordered a plate of Eba and Egusi with goat meat for him.An act he did intentionally to proof to his friends brother he'd known him for too long not to know his favourite meal.Ebuka impatiently pounced on the food and did justice to it. Chiboy watched him all along.He pitied him. He didn't know how to tell him because of him his elder brothers was killed. Although he wasn't directly involved in the killing of Uche,his best friend,he still felt guilty up till now that Uche was 'marked' for execution by his own cult group for failing to kill him(Chiboy),a highly ranked cultist but instead spared him. "Your brother saved you",Chiboy said.His voice cracked. He watched Ebuka put up a surprised look. "Your brother saved you",he repeated. His voice remained calm. "How?",Ebuka probed. "You know me and your brother were best friends up until his death". Ebuka nodded in agreement. "And you know i loved your your brother to the extend that I wouldn't want anything to happen to him",Chiboy continued. Ebuka remained still.He didn't know whether to believe him or not. He had doubt's in his mind because news filtered the air that it was Chiboy that lead the assault on his best friend. "I didn't kill your brother",Chiboy said as he sobbed." I tried to defend him when I got vital information about how his cult group,'the clans' were planning to execute him for failing to 'do the needful',Chiboy said. He paused a bit and then,searched the room.He observed no one paid attention to what he was saying and then continued....
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by HUSTLER001: 7:31am On May 15, 2021
Cc:ashatoda,nimat158,kelvin coaster,bigbauer,crossfm,Tonyspecial,et al. Please indicate if following. 'Ginger' me.
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by crossfm: 9:37am On May 15, 2021
HUSTLER001:
Cc:ashatoda,nimat158,kelvin coaster,bigbauer,crossfm,Tonyspecial,et al. Please indicate if following. 'Ginger' me.
Thanks for the update, but my Oliver twist mood is activated grin.
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by Tonyspecial(m): 10:16am On May 15, 2021
HUSTLER001:
no wahala. Just one bottle of chilled beer for me.
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by ashatoda: 11:42am On May 15, 2021
Bros this update is too short now. The story is getting interesting please increase it o
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by bigbauer(m): 11:48am On May 15, 2021
HUSTLER001:
. I'd change my name to follower since. Unfortunately, I have an insatiable appetite for the story. Are you up to the task?
Re: The Hard Way:a Story Of Bravery And Its Reward. by Tonyspecial(m): 6:49pm On Jun 02, 2021
Copy and paste story

(1) (Reply)

Beer Palour Palavar! / The Greatest Fictional Sociopaths 001: Hannibal The Cannibal / Freinds Without Faces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.