Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction (40583 Views)

Bala Mohammed Commissions 18KM Anua - Mbak Eshiet Road In Akwa Ibom / Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) / Picture Of Lekki-Eleko-Epe Concrete Road Under Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by seguno2: 2:34pm On May 12, 2021
OmoManU:

Ọgá wetin can you do beta no b to dey abusive people up and down

Am I the governor? Or the LASHA lawmaker? Or the LGA chairman or councillor?
If they can’t do better, they should step aside like Babangida in 1993.
Simple.
Nobody begged any of them to be a public servant. Abi na you beg them
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by 9jaRealist: 2:56pm On May 12, 2021
mbhs139:
Not necessarily the best bro. A road that doesn't take the safety of road users into consideration can't be described the way you have put it. if you know the number of lives that have been lost on several sections of that road, due to the fact that the population density and proper user design consideration was not put in place, like speed breakers and so on, you'd be shocked. Nevertheless, that is not to take the credit away from former Governor Ambode.

The reason for most accidents in Nigeria is POOR driving...
>
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by 9jaRealist: 3:02pm On May 12, 2021
9japride:
There is a section of road in Kogi state constructed with concrete I believe it was done by Dangote. It has iron reinforcement in it, it looks very solid.

Yes, it was done by Dangote...
Same as the Oshodi-Apapa Expressway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH4FnJES7Fc

1 Like

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by 9jaRealist: 3:15pm On May 12, 2021
owbabs:
Even though this news is commendable, that axis needs more roads constructed and better road network grid.
Failure to do this will cause serious lockjams in the future.
I am not exactly sure why the government thinks what the are doing is enough.

Construction of the Lekki Regional Road (which runs parallel to the Lekki-Epe Expressway) kicked off a year ago, while the Magbon Alade Highway project will commence this month (May). There will also be another highway that will extend from Freedom Way to Ilubirin/TMB. Longer term in the future, of course, would be the Fourth Mainland Bridge (planned to financial close this year) and the Green Line light rail. President Buhari has also green-lighted plans to extend the rail line to the Lekki Deep Seaport, so I think Lekki axis traffic will be OK.
>
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by OmoManU: 4:49pm On May 12, 2021
seguno2:

Am I the governor? Or the LASHA lawmaker? Or the LGA chairman or councillor?
If they can’t do better, they should step aside like Babangida in 1993.
Simple.
Nobody begged any of them to be a public servant. Abi na you beg them

I can see you referring to Babangida stepping aside, please no vex how old are you?
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by seguno2: 9:01pm On May 12, 2021
OmoManU:
I can see you referring to Babangida stepping aside, please no vex how old are you?

Old enough to read and understand things that happened before & during my adulthood. Things that occurred beyond my immediate environment.

I hope that you are old enough to know what history means? Or is your worldview limited to the things that you personally experienced
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by OmoManU: 11:11pm On May 12, 2021
seguno2:

Old enough to read and understand things that happened before & during my adulthood. Things that occurred beyond my immediate environment.

I hope that you are old enough to know what history means? Or is your worldview limited to the things that you personally experienced

I am not supposed to be arguing with you. Thanks and good bye
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by 9japride(m): 12:38am On May 13, 2021
9jaRealist:

Yes, it was done by Dangote...
Same as the Oshodi-Apapa Expressway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH4FnJES7Fc
[color=#006600][/color]

Thanks, very informative documentary and I thought as much.
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by owbabs: 6:10am On May 19, 2021
9jaRealist:

Construction of the Lekki Regional Road (which runs parallel to the Lekki-Epe Expressway) kicked off a year ago, while the Magbon Alade Highway project will commence this month (May). There will also be another highway that will extend from Freedom Way to Ilubirin/TMB. Longer term in the future, of course, would be the Fourth Mainland Bridge (planned to financial close this year) and the Green Line light rail. President Buhari has also green-lighted plans to extend the rail line to the Lekki Deep Seaport, so I think Lekki axis traffic will be OK.
>

It is a good effort but even with that Lagos road network is poor compared to most part of the globe.
Quick evacuation of large volume traffic requires outlets everywhere, but seems people are used to suffering and have no vision.
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by Isobug: 8:38am On May 19, 2021
computer0810:
Those ppl will still complain

They are good in condemning development in dis part of the country but latter now dey will claim lagos was formally FCT
When d govt is working here there own state govt r busy sharing kerosene for them
Everything you must drag them to issues even when they have not join issue, this is too bad of you people.
And for your information, concrete roads is not new to us. In Ebonyi state for instance, all the major roads and even Ring roads are all concrete made, solid ones. Make your inquiries.
This is a nice thread to behold but in your hatred, you want to turn it to a tribal thread and that's very bad of you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Helps Ex-Soldier In Maiduguri Who Made A Video Asking PMB For Help / Trailer Full Of Motor Bikes Hijacked By Katsina Indigenes (With Pictures) / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Farm Of Kwara State APC Spokesman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.