Stats: 3,156,287 members, 7,829,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) (40649 Views)

Bala Mohammed Commissions 18KM Anua - Mbak Eshiet Road In Akwa Ibom / Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction / Obasanjo Leads Parade At Cherubim And Seraphim Church In The US. Photos (2) (3) (4)

Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 11:46pm On Jan 16, 2023
Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo on Monday led current and old students of Baptist Boys High School (BBHS), Abeokuta on an 18km walk round Abeokuta, as part of activities to mark the centenary celebrations of the school.

Obasanjo who was joined by the leadership of the old boys association, led by the National President, Prof. Kayode Oyesiku and large numbers of the current students entertained residents, motorists and passers-by on the walk.

A statement by his Special Assistant on Media, Kehinde Akinyemi stated that hundreds of residents and enthusiasts echoed and praised Obasanjo’s names for his prowess, energy and endurance to embark on the walk despite his age.

Among those who played host to Obasanjo and his team, were the Olubara of Ibara, Oba Jacob Omolade, former Finance Minister, Onolapo Soleye and the Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo. It was at the visit to the palace of Alake, that some aged old school mates joined them.

They walked amid singing of the school anthem among other songs, through Oke Egunya, Igbore, Oke Igbein, and at Omida the palace of Oba Omolade.

Thereafter, the walkers moved to the Ibara Housing Estate, the residence of Soleye. Subsequently, the team took the walk again to Ake, the palace of Oba Gbadebo.

Shortly after the visit to Alake, the octogenarian still burstling with energy entered back on the road and headed towards Saje, a journey that took them through Isale Ake, Adatan, Kugba Road before entering the rehabilitated Saje Road into the school premises.

Oyesiku disclosed that the walk covered 18km stretch when added together, as he commended the old boys of the school for spirit behind the centenary anniversary exercise.

In a video, the former Nigerian president, dressed in a short, vest, a pair of canvas and a fez cap was seen giving instructions to other old students.

Like a typical senior prefect, Obasanjo acted like he wanted to flog the old students for not maintaining a straight line as the walk progressed.

See the Video Below:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/vEqsyIYgI54?feature=share

Source:VANGUARD and DAILY POST

396 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by Urheadmaster(m): 11:46pm On Jan 16, 2023
Once a soldier always a soldier.

Even at his age, Obasanjo still looks more agile than urchins presidential candidate and the present Nigeria soldiers P.

528 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by NwaNimo1(m): 11:46pm On Jan 16, 2023
....OBJ waka 18KM?

[img]https://giffiles./217/217549.gif[/img]

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by God1000(m): 11:47pm On Jan 16, 2023
OBJ is a strong man, he's stronger than Buhari.

Here is the real army general, soldier blood is still flowing in his veins

I remember my encounter with him way back in 2012 when he visited one of his farms in Ibadan

I just like him, he knows what the masses want

401 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by Siminialaye20(m): 11:48pm On Jan 16, 2023

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by SadiqBabaSani: 11:49pm On Jan 16, 2023
Baba need to calm down to witness the swearing in of his Excellency President Peter Zuma Rock Adeyemi Gregory Obi

213 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by Luckylife(m): 11:49pm On Jan 16, 2023
No to sick drugged baron

106 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by slivertongue: 11:53pm On Jan 16, 2023
Obj is very strong at his age

25 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by peter0071(m): 11:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
make Tinubu do same with his classmates... Oh!! sorry i forgot that the deceiver no go school, but he studied from home... from Primary to secondary... abeg make i laugh in Chinese language

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by Mystic216: 11:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
If that iragbiji man walk for 150 meter, London hospital will cash out from him

God bless OBJ
The real Yoruba elder

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by Blakjewelry(m): 11:58pm On Jan 16, 2023
This man really lived.

28 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by nepapole(m): 12:06am On Jan 17, 2023
Only GOD gives sound health.

For Some of you here mocking some who have been unlucky to age well, I hope and pray your situation is better than those you mock when your time comes.

There certain things in life we have no control over.

Obj my guy! grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by Mystic216: 12:50am On Jan 17, 2023
Tinubuadvocate:
Is not a total disaster and lack of respect when igbo folk are identifying the bastard and real Yoruba people? I hope you fool that supporting igbo for president will reason with me.
I can never reason with an urchin
We are not in the same level
Urchins don’t have brain for reasoning, so how can I reason with you
O! Wrong nau

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by Mystic216: 12:53am On Jan 17, 2023
Tinubuadvocate:
Is not a total disaster and lack of respect when igbo folk are identifying the bastard and real Yoruba people? I hope you fool that supporting igbo for president will reason with me.
You must be an unfortunate imp for involving tribe
I’m not supporting tribe, I’m supporting and clamoring for competence.
Have sense for Christ sake
Sometimes try to surprise us here
You must not be daft all your life
Surprise us and have sense for once
Even if it’s just for a day
Buy sense and have it
Tueh

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by potbelly(m): 3:21am On Jan 17, 2023
Baba is blessed with good health...
At his age... Still marching effortlessly...

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by JoeNL22(m): 3:24am On Jan 17, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:

Source:VANGUARD and DAILY POST

nlfpmod, Mynd44, mukina2, dominique, Seun

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by aariwa(m): 3:36am On Jan 17, 2023
Tinubu that couldn’t hold Nigeria flag for a minute at convention that buhari had to help him not to talk of walking one kilometer

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by Stanweezy(m): 4:00am On Jan 17, 2023
If Tinubu tries that...
Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by KingsleyCEO: 4:27am On Jan 17, 2023
This is quality old age, may God bless us with good health as we attain that age.

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by Moneywirer: 4:28am On Jan 17, 2023
Things like this give me real joy. Maintaining strength and vigour at old age. If the Lord Jesus tarries I'd really love to be even stronger and healthier than this man with lots of great accomplishment by the time I'm well stricken in age.

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by gerrardomendes(m): 4:28am On Jan 17, 2023
Ok. Stronger and younger than balablu

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by lightheart(m): 4:29am On Jan 17, 2023
Old soldier!

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by UselessBuharist: 4:29am On Jan 17, 2023
Tinubu come and see your mate oo, you only know how to spew acid from your dirty mouth

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by Abujaexpress: 4:30am On Jan 17, 2023
Great man

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by kingsways: 4:32am On Jan 17, 2023
May God bless and keep Obasanjo

He is a blessing to Nigeria

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by Highways: 4:33am On Jan 17, 2023
The only classmates Tinubu get are the drug dealers he shared the same flat with in Chicago....

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by Blackfire(m): 4:33am On Jan 17, 2023
I keep hearing Peter obi

Who is he? A loser

Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by ipobarecriminals: 4:33am On Jan 17, 2023
cool cool Grace at work. May God keep baba for us.

Meanwhile, den say PA OBJ Waka but Gala hawker/fl@theaddPigz with blurred vision will drag Tinubu into Mata wey nor consign him.
Re: Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) by Luckysbab: 4:33am On Jan 17, 2023
Professor Kayode Oyesiku was once my teacher. Nice to come across his name again.

Yar’adua’s Wives Unhappy With Nigeria / Akpabio Sits Next To Amaechi At NGF Meeting / Saraki, Remi Tinubu, Melaye In Valentine’s Day Drama