Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,514 members, 7,836,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him (63423 Views)

Noel Njoku, Nigerian Driver Shot Dead While Delivering Food In USA (Picture) / Noel Brown Is Kidnapper Evans New Lawyer / Soldiers Kill Vigilante Man In Edo, Free Robber Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by EMMY76: 12:58pm On May 12, 2021
When did disobeying traffic rule become a death sentence? These bloodthirsty soldiers are just fulani terrorists in military uniforms sent to SE to kill innocent igbo people nmk have warned about their evil mission recently.
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:03pm On May 12, 2021
danngnews:

You hastily concluded the guy is at fault as if u were there, what if he obeyed them and was still shot at?

Buhari is just adding more members to Ipob, yesterday some northern politician was shouting that bandits and fulani herdsmen issue can never be solved with force,but in the south east its a different ball game, IPOB must be crushed by force.

How the Governors of the southeast keep quite despite this clear operation, persecution and injustice against their own people is beyond me.
Bro we are Nigerians. You and I know how the scenario leading to his untimely death probably played out. These guys are on edge at the moment, on a normal day they no stable self talk of now.

The fact that they didn't abandon his corpse on the road and had to go through proper procedures with the police says a lot about what transpired. Besides he was shot driving away from the said check point...if they claim he refused to stop for the normal routine no one can contest that anywhere in the world. People have been killed for less by the US police.

That said, I am not justifying this and may his soul find peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by Iykewhite(m): 1:06pm On May 12, 2021
Uzodimma look at what you have put IMO state into may God help us
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by Princedapace(m): 1:09pm On May 12, 2021
tunjiajayi:
The saying that goes don't bring a dog home if you are allergic to fleas and ticks is apt here.

Yamrees make una cope with una dog.

oga calm down... police and soldiers have been killing Nigerians ever since. It is a useless country and u may be a victim too. They shot some in the north recently and the news was here..

I dont rate black race. We no get sense. If u know the number of people security men have wasted in Nigeria
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:10pm On May 12, 2021
EMMY76:
When did disobeying traffic rule become a death sentence? These bloodthirsty soldiers are just fulani terrorists in military uniforms sent to SE to kill innocent igbo people nmk have warned about their evil mission recently.
Given the time and place, it's possible.

Don't stop for routine check when approaching army check point in Borno, you won't hear the sound of the bullet that hit you. So lo stupid ni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by iamjavadem(m): 1:18pm On May 12, 2021
This is sad. Since the gunshots were on the rear mirror, it means he probably thought the soldiers were thieves trying to steal his new car and he took off and the bastards shot at him. RIP.
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by Kasley(m): 1:18pm On May 12, 2021
This is really getting out of hands, killing of humans like mere flies, God help us[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by Basher8583: 1:18pm On May 12, 2021
YungMillionaire:
Some people will be on Nairaland and twitter celebrating the killing of soldiers and police. U na think say soldiers and police no dey use social media? Unfortunately, this is Nigeria, and the military will waste a lot of innocent peoples' lives just for retaliation. My advice to anyone living in SE is to keep a low profile until everything blows over. I won't be surprise if they are just hunting at this point.

That dude might have tinted his car drawing more suspicion. Now from the entry of the bullet being from the back of the car means he probly did not stop for checking. Soldiers no get love reach that level oh. You eff up they neutralize you mostly in this time of armed resistance. Igbos are generally defiant and it gets them in lots of trouble.
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 12, 2021
Former Ceremonial President Of Nigeria Benjamin Nnamdi Azikiwe, was quoted as saying Pen is mighter than sword or gun. Also was quoted as saying, Do not argue with one that has a gun. I don't know if these saying are made by him., But it carries lessons.
Another one has bite the dust.
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by Galaxydon1(m): 1:33pm On May 12, 2021
A soldier can't just kill him for nothing.. maybe he was rude to them..
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by Officialgarri: 1:37pm On May 12, 2021
iamjavadem:
This is sad. Since the gunshots were on the rear mirror, it means he probably thought the soldiers were thieves trying to steal his new car and he took off and the bastards shot at him. RIP.
Don't try to apply juice to what could have transpired. Is he seeing that checkpoint for the first time?

Since he was shot from the rear (although he can as well get shot from any angle, it's still justifiable) it shows that he was ordered to stop but refused.
That's a threat to the soldiers at that bastion.
Rules of engagement.

I sympathize with his family, however, with the tense security state, one needs to be careful around security operatives since they are the new endangered species
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by weslay: 1:49pm On May 12, 2021
Olisehinnocent:
How many times have you criticize police killing innocent civilians

What's your point exactly? Do you think I am a police officer or I have never been a victim of the high-handedness of the police?
Do you think killing police officers is the solution?
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by UnabashedIPOB: 1:57pm On May 12, 2021
Five days after allegedly killing a 100-level student of the Imo State University, Divine Nwaneri, in front of the state Government House, soldiers have allegedly shot and killed a businessman, Noel Chigbu.

The victim’s elder brother and spokesman for the family, Tobechi Chigbu, told PUNCH Metro on Monday that the military men at the Amakohia flyover in Owerri killed Noel around 10pm on Friday.

He said Noel was shot dead on the day he took delivery of his new Camry car and was driving home at the close of work.

Now, tell me why BIAFRANS would NOT support the UGM in their cleansing of our LAND of these uncircumcised BASTARDS! I pray that as these EVIL ZOOGERIA agents spread sorrow in BIAFRA LAND, so shall it be upon them and their GENERATIONS to come. They would NEVER know peace and may their children be FATHERLESS; may they become VAGABONDS and beg for FOOD all the days of their lives!

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by danngnews: 2:34pm On May 12, 2021
YoungBlackRico:
Bro we are Nigerians. You and I know how the scenario leading to his untimely death probably played out. These guys are on edge at the moment, on a normal day they no stable self talk of now.

The fact that they didn't abandon his corpse on the road and had to go through proper procedures with the police says a lot about what transpired. Besides he was shot driving away from the said check point...if they claim he refused to stop for the normal routine no one can contest that anywhere in the world. People have been killed for less by the US police.

That said, I am not justifying this and may his soul find peace.

If the US police wants to shoot their people for blinking their eyes, that's their cup of tea, Nigeria must not copy that.

For the soldiers to claim the guy violated their check point rules as his crime is crap and must be condemned.

I don't see how this type of reaction from the government will not escalate this already tensed situation.
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by Chigold101(m): 2:50pm On May 12, 2021
weslay:
How many more Igbo youths need to die before igbos realise that Mazi Nnamdi Kalu and his family are overseas.

If he really wish to liberate his people, he should at least do the noble thing by coming back home.

I am sure that when you eventually grow up you go get sense. Because now you are seriously with no sense
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 12, 2021
It Is Animals Like Dis Dey Should Av Sent To Sambisa Forest To Fight Their Fellow Animals. Dis Is What U Expect When Keep Animals To Protect Lives & Properties.
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by Mrlouis: 2:53pm On May 12, 2021
RIP. FOR Y'ALL DOWN IN EASTERN NIGERIA, KEEP A LOW PROFILE
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by YoungBlackRico(m): 2:59pm On May 12, 2021
danngnews:

If the US police wants to shoot their people for blinking their eyes, that's their cup of tea, Nigeria must not copy that.

For the soldiers to claim the guy violated their check point rules as his crime is crap and must be condemned.

I don't see how this type of reaction from the government will not escalate this already tensed situation.
Okay
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by Exodora: 3:00pm On May 12, 2021
weslay:
How many more Igbo youths need to die before igbos realise that Mazi Nnamdi Kalu and his family are overseas.

If he really wish to liberate his people, he should at least do the noble thing by coming back
How are they related please

I agree with you that any group of people has the right to defend itself against planned onslaught. Also, I supported the creation of ESN with the sole aim of protecting Igbos from been slaughter in their land. However, the recent turn if events that has resulted in killing of policemen some of whom might be Igbos and burning down of government buildings clearly shows that ESN has lost it's focus and if the current situation is not addressed the entire south east could be heading for anarchy.

I have no problems with IPOB/ESN/EbubeAgu. As a matter of fact, I think it is necessary. The problem I have is when you try to fight everyone at the same time. Know who your enemies are, know those you have to fight now and those you save for later.

Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by Ade457(f): 3:20pm On May 12, 2021
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by Ade457(f): 3:26pm On May 12, 2021
The problem I have with this people is that they won't face their book brothers oooo, they tend to have strength for innocent citizens and get weak once they face book boys.
Biko book boys kill as many soldiers as possible. Goddam it�

profndu:
#Justice4Ziggy #Justicr4Noel

Source: https://punchng.com/soldiers-kill-businessman-in-car-at-owerri-checkpoint-lie-against-victim/?amp
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by adadike(f): 4:21pm On May 12, 2021
Tcwork:
We igbos continue to play stupid politics.
What have we gain from IPOB and ESN, nothing but sorrow tears and blood. We have continued to give this evilla government an excuse to bring soliders to murder our people.
When would we learn. Nothing positive has come from this Nnamdi kanu
my brother, tell them again. Many people supporting the unknown gunmen are not living in the south east. People are suffering! Someone called me today to tell me that soldiers have blocked nise to amawbia road. Now tell me, what did the useless unknown gunmen achieved apart from blockade of our land.
Kanu is truly a dunce!

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by LastProphet: 4:24pm On May 12, 2021
YoungBlackRico:
Given the rising tension in that particular state and the fact that these guys are being targeted, please comply with their directives when you get to their check point...no go dey form James Bond, UGM won't be there to safe you.

R.I.P

I don't want to defend soldiers but you will be surprised that the deceased did not follow checkpoint rules, and the fact that only the back screen was shot says something about where he was relative to the shooter. Always obey checkpoint rules and even overdo it but many will not hear this

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by LastProphet: 4:25pm On May 12, 2021
Officialgarri:

Don't try to apply juice to what could have transpired. Is he seeing that checkpoint for the first time?

Since he was shot from the rear (although he can as well get shot from any angle, it's still justifiable) it shows that he was ordered to stop but refused.
Rules of engagement.

I sympathize with his family, however, with the tense security state, one needs to be careful around security operatives since they are the new endangered species

You are correct but you know how our dumb sentimental citizenry will analyze the matter
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by Calitoscassius(m): 4:25pm On May 12, 2021
Even the wealthy are not safe in that shithole. Just like that a soldier shoots an innocent man just because he violated checkpoint.. what a lame excuse to murder..
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by baddosky1: 5:10pm On May 12, 2021
tunjiajayi:
The saying that goes don't bring a dog home if you are allergic to fleas and ticks is apt here.

Yamrees make una cope with una dog.

Says a useless afonjaic bunkum who is probably taking refuge in Benin republic undecided
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by smallsmall: 5:54pm On May 12, 2021
Galaxydon1:
A soldier can't just kill him for nothing.. maybe he was rude to them..

So the punishment for RUDENESS is Death by Gunfire?
Some of you are m0r0nic by nature and genetics.

If being Rude deserves death from Soldiers, then all those insult, assault and overrun that Shekau and his boys have been giving Nigerian Army, non of those terrorists should be alive by now.
It is a shame that the only people that the Nigerian Army and Police can flex muscle at, are UNARMED Nigerians, especially Southerners
Shame on them
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by smallsmall: 6:11pm On May 12, 2021
Officialgarri:

Rules of engagement.

Stop yarning this Nonsense, please!
How many times have Kidnappers and Boko haram worn Police Uniform, to deceive their Victims?

Have you not read that those who kidnapped the Kankara Students wore Army Uniform?\have you not seen tons of Boko Haram Video, where they are all in Camouflage or is that not why Govt banned the wearing of Camo, by Civilians?]
Are you unaware that those who kidnapped the GreenField Varsity Students wore Army Uniforms?
Did you not read captured kidnappers pointing out how military Men sell Uniforms and Ammo to them?
Do you know how many times have Fulani herdsmen dressed up in military fatigue and kidnapped people they stopped on the highway?

All the above means that no one in his right senses, will take any group of Men in Military Uniform at a checkpoint, to be genuine Soldiers, unless you can verify that they are actually Govt Soldiers. And for a Man who is driving a newly bought Car, l am certain he would have thought they are Car Snatching Armed Robbers, as his Vehicle is a very easy target since it is yet to be registered.

The Govt and Soldiers know this and should have applied wisdom and device ways to stop people who, out of genuine fear, may not stop at such checkpoint, rather than just wasting their Life!\A fleeing Vehicle is not a danger to any stationary Checkpoint, the worst that can happen is that the offender escapes.
They can for example, have an advance party at about 200Meters ahead (just like the kidnappers do) so that if he did not stop for the Checkpoint, the advance party could have used their vehicle to block the road and he would be forced to stop and be arrested.

it is a flagrant disregard for human life and a gross disrespect for people of that region and civilians in general, to just shoot him dead, for not stopping at their checkpoint. I would prefer they show the same zeal and courage, when they encounter Boko haram terrorists
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by Tcwork: 6:20pm On May 12, 2021
adadike:
my brother, tell them again. Many people supporting the unknown gunmen are not living in the south east. People are suffering! Someone called me today to tell me that soldiers have blocked nise to amawbia road. Now tell me, what did the useless unknown gunmen achieved apart from blockade of our land.
Kanu is truly a dunce!
You have said it

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by Olisehinnocent: 6:42pm On May 12, 2021
Atleast they will know that nobody owns monopoly of violence. This will be a lesson to them.
weslay:

What's your point exactly? Do you think I am a police officer or I have never been a victim of the high-handedness of the police?
Do you think killing police officers is the solution?
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by wasi9ice: 6:42pm On May 12, 2021
Their reason for killing the man is not enough, why not shatter the tires and glasses, then give him some sought of punishment than wasting him ,,
Anyway he that lives by the gun shall as well go by it. If you don't believe in any religion then Camah exist don't forget.
Re: Soldiers Kill Noel Chigbu In His Car At Owerri Checkpoint, Lie Against Him by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 12, 2021
weslay:

I agree with you that any group of people has the right to defend itself against planned onslaught. Also, I supported the creation of ESN who's sole aim was to protect Igbos from been slaughter in their land. However, the recent turn if events that as resulted in killing of policemen some of whom might be Igbos and burning down of government buildings clearly shows that ESN has lost it's focus and if the current situation is not addressed the entire south east could be heading for anarchy.

I have no problems with IPOB/ESN. As a matter of fact, I think it is necessary. The problem I have is when you try to fight everyone at the same time. Know who your enemies are, know those you have to fight now and those you save for later.

Do you have evidence that UGM is under the control of Nnamdi Kanu? These security agencies have killed so many people's brothers, uncles and breadwinners in the past and you think those people don't harbour animosity against the security agencies? And that if they see opportunity in an atmosphere of insecurity, they won't retaliate? Stop blaming Nnamdi for everything. Not too long ago there was antisars protest and we saw the atrocities of the security people. Stop being naive to blame Nnamdi. Police have killed too many innocent people in the past that the animosity have built to breaking point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Murdered At Agbor-nta In Delta State (very Very Graphic) / Abia Police Arrest Killers Of Husband And Wife (Photos) / Police Link Oko Oloyun’s Death To Fraud, Arson In Lagos Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.